Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 01:28:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 83 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What would happen if BTC was Banned?  (Read 65808 times)
Altynbekova

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 08:40:51 AM

If it was ban I will just stop using bitcoin why risk if it is illegal to use, I am also happy with just fiat money I don't have problem with it.
I know bitcoin is awesome, but is not my daily spending currency so yeah. Also I don't think bitcoin will be ban ever.
wadili89
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 10:47:47 AM

BTC is already banned in china but chiness are using it even the most biggest bitcoin farms and in china , china is mining most of the bitcoins and if you live in china you can not access any bitcoins related website not even bitcointalk the website you are on

wafersticks09

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 11:07:29 AM

BTC is already banned in china but chiness are using it even the most biggest bitcoin farms and in china , china is mining most of the bitcoins and if you live in china you can not access any bitcoins related website not even bitcointalk the website you are on
Seriously? Oh I dont even know about that. I'm a bit confuse how come that bitcoin is banned in China if most of the miners came from China.

TTMNewsMJ

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 11:17:30 AM

If bitcoin will be banned then I do not have an income at all.
I will be extremely sad if it will be going to happen.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 11:26:18 AM

Seriously? Oh I dont even know about that. I'm a bit confuse how come that bitcoin is banned in China if most of the miners came from China.

because it's a lie, it's not banned in china, actually there were proposal(unofficial) to make it more accepted in china
bearex

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 11:42:08 AM

I guess people would still use it. I know i would.
avw1982

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 11:54:05 AM

I don't think banning bitcoin is possible, making them illegal to citizens, that is possible. I think I would still hold on to my bitcoins if this were to become illegal.
I would just save them up and exchange when I need fiat. I think that as long as there is a market for bitcoin, I will still be in it.

Bitcoins will not get banned I think, Because Dell, Apple and amazon accepting Bitcoin In their Business. They will not let it be easy. Already many European countries tried to stop the bitcoin from the people.But Still they can’t do anything.
Hellacopter

Activity: 742

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 12:02:46 PM

If bitcoin will be banned then I do not have an income at all.
I will be extremely sad if it will be going to happen.

It's not possible to ban Bitcoin because it's decentralized currency, governments can don't allow the banks in their countries to make transactions with bitcoin's currency, and that's what people mean by "ban bitcoin"
However people still able to use bitcoin through internet and blockchain, and convert it into fiat easily
knightkon

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 12:27:39 PM

Nothing Smiley
We will continue to use bitcoin because government can't ban Internet and bitcoin is anonymous, nobody can find your true identity.
So, I don't worry about this point at all.

Please explain to me how no one can find your true identity?  St some point in time, there has to be a time that you decide to take your BTC and transfer it to your currency.  At this time, there will be a point where there is an IP trace that you can start with, so please explain how you can say this.  There is almost always a way.

███████████████████████████
██████████▄▄███▄▄██████████
████████▄█████████▄████████
██████▄█████████████▄██████
█████▄███████████████▄█████
█████▀███████████████▀█████
███████▀███████████▀███████
█████████▀███████▀█████████
███████████▀███▀███████████
.BITAMP..
   BITAMP BITCOIN WALLET   
Easy to use, client-side, &
open-source Bitcoin wallet
████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████
████▄▀▀▀   ▄▄█▄▄   ▀▀▀▄████
█████ ▀▄▄▀▀     ▀▀▄▄▀ █████
█████  █    ███    █  █████
█████  █   ▄███▄   █  █████
█████  █  ███████  █  █████
████▀▄ ▀▄ ███████ ▄▀ ▄▀████
█████▀▄ ▀▄       ▄▀ ▄▀█████
██████▀▄  ▀▄▄ ▄▄▀  ▄▀██████
████████▀▄   █   ▄▀████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████▄▀▀▀▄  ▄███▄  ▄▀▀▀▄████
█████   █ ▐█████▌ █   █████
███▄▄▀ ▀▄  ▀███▀  ▄▀ ▀▄▄███
██      ▄██▀▀▀██▄      ███
██     ███▄███ ███     ███
███▄▄▄▄ █████▄▄████ ▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████████████
█████████████████▄▄▄▄█▄████
███████████████████████▀███
█████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄████████
███████▄▀  ▄█▄█▄  ▀▄███████
██████▄▀   █    █  ▀▄██████
███████    █▀▀▀▀▄   ███████
██████▀▄   █    █  ▄▀██████
███████▀▄  ▀█▀█▀  ▄▀███████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄█████
███▄███████████████████████
████▀█▀▀▀▀█████████████████
|SECURE
ANONYMOUS
INSTANT
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 12:35:57 PM

As we all know bitcoin can't be knock down by any of the government or agencies but they can down the price by banning its use or better to say exchange in country.

Bitcoin will not die but price will be more or less constant as we will not have new fiat for buying making market cap constant.

nejibens

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 12:53:19 PM

Bitcoin is global currency nowadays and many people from worldwide use it so it's really very hard to ban it
However may be some governments will interdict the bitcoin's use for their banking systems
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 01:07:08 PM

Banning something officially doesn't mean that people will stop using it.
Banning Bitcoin will not destroy it or make it disappear in society if they once have understood it benefits compared to the actual fiat currencies. There might be short temporary effect, but in the long run a ban is a fail.Bitcoin operates globally.If people wanna use Bitcoin they will do it secretly or go where Bitcoin is not illegal.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 01:29:03 PM

I'm sure "banning" (making it illegal to use) will work well because it's worked so well with drugs. What's next, the war on Bitcoin?

thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 03:23:09 PM

It's not really banned, neither did they ban it in Russia, but they have threatened with jail time if you are involved in Bitcoin, yet, as we can see in the LocalBitcoins russian currency exchange, the volume of transactions has only been increasing no matter how hard Putin tries to scare citizens away from Bitcoin. It's seems the Bitcoin user doesn't really care about what governments have to say about it.
Luqman

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 04:06:04 PM

Absolutely I still use Bitcoin, who cares? As far as there are any people still accept it then if bitcoin got banned is nonsense at all..
Many things got banned and they are still in uses..
Even I don't think it will get banned. Already many european countries tried to take out Bitcoin usage. But they were failed in that.Now all companies accepting bitcoin Even they passing a salary also through bitcoin. In these cases  I don;t think Bitcoin will banned and all.
I thinking that any country would banned bictoin just does not want to develop, the blockchain technology was just great if people realized it.
tn211

Activity: 778

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 04:19:08 PM

Well you would be fucked, when is ban all the online wallet you have will just shut down.
Maybe you won't get your bitcoin back so that is just bad. Also if that happens is just ... I don't know it won't just happen like that.
The government will just say (maybe) convert it to fiat money before that it will go ban.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 04:37:22 PM

I'm sure "banning" (making it illegal to use) will work well because it's worked so well with drugs. What's next, the war on Bitcoin?

Why only banning will work? It can easily be regulated by the Government and by Bank adopting the currency. Banning it is not a solution as it is being used by many websites and companies too. Banning it will make so many bitcoiners losing their money which is not right as not ALL the users are involved in the illegal activities.
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 04:49:02 PM

Why only banning will work? It can easily be regulated by the Government and by Bank adopting the currency. Banning it is not a solution as it is being used by many websites and companies too. Banning it will make so many bitcoiners losing their money which is not right as not ALL the users are involved in the illegal activities.

Yes the government wants to control everything. They want it all under them. so the possibilities are to be adapted by government and used rather than ban it or they will have no profit at all.
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 04:54:27 PM

What do you guys think it would happen if all the governments in the world declared bitcoin to be illegal?
How do you think the community would react? What could be the possible solutions?

I will think about the risk versus it's worth to compare it which is bigger.

Bigger the risk, I will stop using it
Bigger it's worth, I'm still using it anonymously

As long as bitcoin still can be use for purchasing and doesn't ruin my life and other people life, why not to keep using it...
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 05:37:03 AM

What do you guys think it would happen if all the governments in the world declared bitcoin to be illegal?
How do you think the community would react? What could be the possible solutions?

I will think about the risk versus it's worth to compare it which is bigger.

Bigger the risk, I will stop using it
Bigger it's worth, I'm still using it anonymously

As long as bitcoin still can be use for purchasing and doesn't ruin my life and other people life, why not to keep using it...

Yeah and that is what the government is trying to do. Spread the news using the media that it ruins someones life to make it bad and for people to stay away from bitcoin. But some will not be pushed by this. It is all fake news so that they can control it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 83 »
  Print  

Jump to: