Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:17:28 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin better or paypal?  (Read 281180 times)
SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 10:27:33 PM

Bitcoin is better but right now PayPal is further because it just gets more accepted all over the world.

They are both good but I think that Bitcoin is already bigger but just not accepted a lot what has to change soon or later.

They are both good, that is right answer, we cant compare bitcoin and paypal. When paypal was invented it draw a big attention, unique service that can make fiat transactions easier. Bitcoin on other side is not a service, bitcoin can be used for much more things.
   Paypal will lose its purpose if bitcoin become mainstream. People will not have any benefits from such fiat services.

but there are so many limitation and drawbacks in paypal as paypal have very streck rules and regulation, their service is not present everywhere. while bitcoin can be use in all over the world, because is not a regional currency, it is a universal currency.
paypal may have some limitation in your area,  but not for everyone and everywhere, in most of the area they are providing their services and people are still happy with their service so paypal is also best option for them.

That limitations comes with government laws in specific country, cause of that limitations are not same everywhere. PayPal is fiat service, and they are not free like bitcoin is. With the presence I agree, but bitcoin also is not present everywhere. Some people in some parts of the world can use bitcoin for many things, others like me still cant do much with bitcoins.

AakZaki
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1076

zknodes.org

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2017, 05:37:46 AM

In one embodiment of bitcoin seems better than PayPal and in some other respects PayPal will be better than bitcoin. When you consider the transaction costs most users prefer to use bitcoin. At the same time to spend the majority of users prefer PayPal because of the acceptance of most of the stores as well as increased security for the refund. Its better to use it on one's needs.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 06:18:44 AM

Bitcoin is better in one form, same as that PayPal too have got its importance. I believe this could Continue to be in competence as people have differences in opinion about the transactions they make. Cofounder of PayPal has been into plans of making PayPal better with an improved digitalization of the digital currency use.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 11:11:57 AM

I too honestly don’t think that PayPal is better than the bitcoin in anything.
Paypal is widely accepted while you can barely find online shops that accept bitcoin as payment. The largest online shopping companies accept Paypal and even smaller online stores accept it too. Bitcoin is totally the opposite.

first PayPal is based on email so if your email gets hacked so as the account and the money is lost
Isn't your bitcoin wallet based on your email too? Almost every account online is based on either your email or your phone number or both.

Bitcoin on the other hand is safer in a whole other level means they cannot hack you by any mean, and your identity is always safe.
It's only safe if you exert effort to keep it safe. It's not like you make a wallet on blockchain and then Ta da! It's safe. Your safety on bitcoins doesn't work like that.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 11:56:30 AM

paypal may have some limitation in your area,  but not for everyone and everywhere, in most of the area they are providing their services and people are still happy with their service so paypal is also best option for them.
I too honestly don’t think that PayPal is better than the bitcoin in anything, first PayPal is based on email so if your email gets hacked so as the account and the money is lost, and if it is connected to you credit card than it will get hacked as well.

Bitcoin on the other hand is safer in a whole other level means they cannot hack you by any mean, and your identity is always safe.
I agree with you . bitcoin protection is guaranteed. at some online wallet and exchange we have to do some confirmation. such as through e-mail and SMS. so security can be better and also we are not concerned with bitcoin we have. it is one of the things that are not owned by paypal.
falala69

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 12:56:30 PM

There is pro contra in each of them, paypal widely accepted, meanwhile bitcoin is not (it should be our job to make it well-known  Cheesy). Honestly, I just use both of them, but I really prefer to use bitcoin if an online store where I shop accept bitcoin  Smiley
philggg

Activity: 343

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 03:56:24 PM

Bitcoin is much more better than PayPal because bitcoin is a volatiles currency which you can buy and store and your money will increase when the prices are up,PayPal have been bastardize a lot of hackers now have access to PayPal account, it security have been compromise, and also it is a reversible currency not like bitcoin
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1020

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 04:47:09 PM

Bitcoin is much more better than PayPal because bitcoin is a volatiles currency which you can buy and store and your money will increase when the prices are up,PayPal have been bastardize a lot of hackers now have access to PayPal account, it security have been compromise, and also it is a reversible currency not like bitcoin
Regarding security i could say that bitcoin does really have an advantage since the entire chain or code cant really be hacked unlike on paypal which is really vulnerable to hacks same as you said and regarding on the services that they gave i could say bitcoin still get the spot for me.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                   ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 08:33:09 PM

i agree with you that bitcoin is much more better than paypal because paypal is not accepetable in my country and no one know that what is Paypal and i can just use bitcoin for online shopping and we know that bitcoin is a profitable currency we can store it in anywhere and bitcoin is very safe and secure currency and its increasing its price and rising its value everyday .
markyminer

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 08:53:13 PM

i agree with you that bitcoin is much more better than paypal because paypal is not accepetable in my country and no one know that what is Paypal and i can just use bitcoin for online shopping and we know that bitcoin is a profitable currency we can store it in anywhere and bitcoin is very safe and secure currency and its increasing its price and rising its value everyday .
i do not know that why the service of paypal is not available everywhere. either they do not have any resource to provide their service, or they intentionally do not want to provide their services or their services is banned in some area. i personally do not use paypal in my life. 

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
.JINBI..

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
...T H E   G O L D E N   I C O...
.────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────.
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 07:33:08 AM

Thats true Bitcoin dont need your information to get started Bitcoin but in paypal its need your identity to get started to you use paypal in your business and paypal fee is much higher than Bitcoin.
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 08:32:44 AM

After having my main PayPal limited over a chargeback case that I received a few months ago, I transferred all my PayPal funds back into my bank account and just bought out BTC with that amount.

PayPal is pretty risky in terms of the amount of chargebacks that happen while using it so I've been using BTC ever since this happened to me and I would gladly say BTC > PayPal.
Uncurlhalo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

|Argus| Accounting and Auditing on the Blockchain

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 11:16:11 AM

When it comes to trade or buy anything, I would choose bitcoin rather than paypal because paypal's commission is far more than that of bitcoin and they have full control over our funds whereas in bitcoin, there is no such things as account freezing etc so I prefer bitcoin.

Argus the revolution in making
bravehearth0319

Activity: 1022

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 01:08:08 PM

I have been told that don't accept payments via paypal, is that right?
Because when buyer will have his bitcoins then he can claim back money from paypal by saying that i haven't received desired product.

This has been tackled for so many times here, but I would still participate in this conversation, it is very simple Paypal is very hassle to use though its been established first in bitcoin, but in Bitcoin you don't need to identify yourself, our identity is very secured, while in paypal they will get the whole information about us, then charge is very high while in BTC was too low in charge for every transaction.
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 06:28:30 PM

I have been told that don't accept payments via paypal, is that right?
Because when buyer will have his bitcoins then he can claim back money from paypal by saying that i haven't received desired product.

This has been tackled for so many times here, but I would still participate in this conversation, it is very simple Paypal is very hassle to use though its been established first in bitcoin, but in Bitcoin you don't need to identify yourself, our identity is very secured, while in paypal they will get the whole information about us, then charge is very high while in BTC was too low in charge for every transaction.

If you are a buyer then PayPal is safe for you, they are favoured to customers. If you are seller, then Bitcoin is good. Yes if you use Bitcoin you no need to disclose your identity, and no one will track your transaction. And the transaction charge also very less compare to PayPal. And PayPal will take a long time to approve your payment, but in Bitcoin, it will take just a few minutes to approve.
rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 06:32:19 PM

When it comes to trade or buy anything, I would choose bitcoin rather than paypal because paypal's commission is far more than that of bitcoin and they have full control over our funds whereas in bitcoin, there is no such things as account freezing etc so I prefer bitcoin.
A lot of benefit you can get when you use bitcoin
But it's useless when paypal more popular than bitcoin and more easier to find a merchant
This is a big task for bitcoin to convincing a lot of common people to fully understand about bitcoin
For now paypal far better than bitcoin overall.
Mr.ExtraOrdinary

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 10:55:40 AM

I like to use both.
PayPal because it's easier to convert to cash, btc because it won't limit you for having money.
Me too i like to use it both just like what you say that paypal is easier to convert cash and it easy to withdraw your balance or send it out to another participants of paypal, Bitcoin because their have more options in this to earn money and withdraw in any bank accounts not just bank account but gcash and another one is that you cash in in any options that you have
PacePay

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 02:20:21 PM

Account freezing is really a big problem for many businesses. Some people cannot adopt that payment processor because of the rigid rules of paypal and some business find their businesses as numb when they adopt paypal for their business. The better and advanced option is to adopt bitcoin for payment. It is much better.
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 03:45:34 PM

Account freezing is really a big problem for many businesses. Some people cannot adopt that payment processor because of the rigid rules of paypal and some business find their businesses as numb when they adopt paypal for their business. The better and advanced option is to adopt bitcoin for payment. It is much better.
People are ready to adopt bitcoin for payment, but many people don't know what bitcoin is. If both customer and seller know about Bitcoin, then we can easily do bitcoin transaction. I think still we need more time to make this type of transactions in our business. For me also Bitcoin transaction is better to compare Paypal transaction.
Podgor

Activity: 401

SELLING AMAZON

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 06:14:56 PM

Bitcoin is 100 times better.
I personally didn't have any problems with paypal but I know how they work with some people.
All the chargebacks, limitations, etc.
Unfortunately more stores accept paypal than Bitcoin.

Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 »
  Print  

Jump to: