Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:24:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 298 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alt coins worth buying  (Read 259531 times)
hashtag101

Activity: 419
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 01:49:51 AM

None of the coins you guys are talking about can scale. Yeah, that's you Bitcoin and Ether.

So even if somehow these coins reached mass adoption, they wouldn't be able to do it. What I'm seeing here mostly,  is either noobs who dont know any better, people being delusional or in denial, or guys just saying whatever and looking the other way to protect their investment.

Iota is the one who has truly fixed the scaling problem among many other issues that would be a crypto first.

Dont take my word for it, do the research and see for yourself.

There are many topics in the 'altcoin discussion' section that have many crypto experts and programmers educating us on these issues.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
clint25n

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 02:54:59 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2016, 03:08:56 AM by clint25n

The smaller coins are about making money off volatility due to hype and in some cases, adoption. Here are two I'm looking at.

DGB
Looking at market cap, I see a coin like DGB going to $2.5-$8M with nice ups and downs along the way. That's 2x-7x profit. They've got a large community, over 20k Twitter followers and heavier trading volume hasn't ceased since October '15 (before that was very low volume). They were just listed on their first Chinese exchange today. And in 10 days, the lead dev is a speaker at one of three international bitcoin conferences they are going to so far this year. I'm not boasting about the coin, I just think the price is going to jump again soon. Price spikes significantly every 2-3 weeks in 2016. Higher highs, and closer together.

BTM
Needs a lot of work, but this coin ironically is the only one actually being used at a large exchange like Poloniex.. and seemed to be long forgotten until recently. Almost no volume for eons, yet not delisted due to its application at Poloniex (marking) making it unique in that once it's marking feature is adopted somewhere, it stays. Again, market cap at $100k and has potential to go to $500k- $2.5M. That's 5x-25x profit. Looks like some more devs coming on board there according to bitcointalk thread. Keep your eye on this one... I think it will surprise everyone.
bearex

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 08:41:42 AM

Right now there is quite a big BUY wall for Decred, so i expect a rise.
Semidetached

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 08:55:50 AM

For the short term, most people will know about the Ethereum and its price has risen a lot. It might rise again.
bearex

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 10:20:19 AM

I also aggree with the above post. Even though there are many threads "Etherium pump and dump, scam", i think it is quite steady at that 0.01+ mark, and even rising.
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 01:08:31 PM

I guess with the BTC price moving up it will be difficult for many altcoins to have a huge life

Only those altcoins which are backed by a real business will be able to sustain in the current market.

However i have noticed few WHALES are taking up price of a particular Alt coin on a given day and en-cashing profits making small users suffer ! So who knows one might get lucky holding that X Altcoin Wink
Pitchblackroom

Activity: 313

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 01:35:37 PM

I guess with the BTC price moving up it will be difficult for many altcoins to have a huge life

Only those altcoins which are backed by a real business will be able to sustain in the current market.

However i have noticed few WHALES are taking up price of a particular Alt coin on a given day and en-cashing profits making small users suffer ! So who knows one might get lucky holding that X Altcoin Wink

Thats a fundamental problem with altcoins is that since their marketcap is so low, whales with a couple hundred thousand dollars can manipulate the market heavily for said coin.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
Catmony

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 02:26:10 PM

Thats a fundamental problem with altcoins is that since their marketcap is so low, whales with a couple hundred thousand dollars can manipulate the market heavily for said coin.

Yes. The market cap of the biggest altcoin (Ethereum) is just $400 million. If you have $10, you can set the price.
Coryvmcs1

Activity: 659

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2016, 05:10:49 PM

The more services an Altcoin can provide IMO the more valuable and interconnected with other services it will become. Most are just simple PnD's for quick buck but there are a few out there that arte actually trying to make something of themselves.

BlokSpace Mining Pools -  https://blokspace.io | BlokSpace Discord# https://discord.gg/dGAKk9T
sadasa

Activity: 446

Unpaid signature.

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 08:23:22 PM

The more services an Altcoin can provide IMO the more valuable and interconnected with other services it will become. Most are just simple PnD's for quick buck but there are a few out there that arte actually trying to make something of themselves.

There are some service provided by some altcoin. For example, Ethereum platform can make smart contract. But I do not know how many people use that.

B2

BitDouble.io

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
bakedrice

Activity: 338

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 07:12:15 AM

ETH FCT MAID XMR VNL DCR XEM. Most of these are already up a substantial % since altcoins started gearing up around December'15 or Jan'16, but this move probably still has legs with the environmental conditions being a hotbed for altcoin pumps at least for the next 4-5 months.

Maybe BTS STR XRP will also go for another big run up this year?

There are some new coins coming up but not sure if I wanna buy any ICOs..

Fascinat

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 11:37:39 AM

Ethereum is the second largest crypto currency now. It is already $500 million market cap. It has potential to go higher.
bulacha22

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 04:37:29 PM

what you guys think now about influxcoin ?

you guys have some hope that the value of influxcoin goes up again ?
elli123

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 05:56:55 PM

The last month i bought 4 coins.

1. Gulden: i believe huge in the coin. You can pay at every bitcoin merchants when andoid wallet app being realised in March.

2. Siacoin: Bought when it was low. I think it could rice huge in March. Maybe some new investors and new release then.

3. Sibcoin: Dont know very much about this coin. Russian based with own android app.

4. Transfercoin: The coin i believe less in. But hope it could prove me wrong.
sadasa

Activity: 446

Unpaid signature.

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 05:14:22 PM

The last month i bought 4 coins.

1. Gulden: i believe huge in the coin. You can pay at every bitcoin merchants when andoid wallet app being realised in March.

2. Siacoin: Bought when it was low. I think it could rice huge in March. Maybe some new investors and new release then.

3. Sibcoin: Dont know very much about this coin. Russian based with own android app.

4. Transfercoin: The coin i believe less in. But hope it could prove me wrong.

These could be good coins. But the new features can be adopted by bitcoin if these feauteres are useful.

B2

BitDouble.io

virtualdn
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1093

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 05:30:17 PM

Ethereum is the second largest crypto currency now. It is already $500 million market cap. It has potential to go higher.

try explaining bitcoin to a novice.

now try explaining ethereum. rocket science. i see no future for the masses at least at this point.

1 BTC = 1 BTC
FaucetRank.com

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 06:00:59 PM

Every alt coins are used just for speculation purpose nothing more then this .
new coins will come and old coins will go out except bit coin. .

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .SCAMMERS.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .EXPOSED.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
Grctest

Activity: 47

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 07:49:05 PM

Any love for Gridcoin?
fiscorcle

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 08:09:09 PM

try explaining bitcoin to a novice.

now try explaining ethereum. rocket science. i see no future for the masses at least at this point.

There are more application with Ethereum to be online soon. I think the first one will be Augur.
TravelsAsia

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 08:46:07 PM

Every alt coins are used just for speculation purpose nothing more then this .
new coins will come and old coins will go out except bit coin. .

I forget, the cult of Bitcoin speaks. Let's see how Bitcoin enjoys the Ethereum rise.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 298 »
  Print  

Jump to: