Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:26:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin can not replace fiat  (Read 163764 times)
sheldonnnn

Activity: 420
Merit: 266

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:08:56 AM

Of course, Bitcoin can not replace fiat. Because Bitcoin is not widespread so far, not all shops and restaurants accept Bitcoin. Of course Bitcoin is becoming more and more popular today. But many people still know nothing about Bitcoin. In addition, Bitcoin and Fiat have different functions so fiat will still exist in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Saveplus

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:16:03 AM

Yes, got you intrigued, didn't it?

Bitcoin is a very good thing to have as an asset. Just like gold. Even better if I may say. It's secure, and unlike fiat money it actually exists and work is put into it to produce it. This makes it great to store value.
However, it cannot and will not replace current fiat money that the entire world it using. It just cannot.
Take paying a cup of coffee for example. To pay your coffee with bitcoins, one must get bitcoins first, either by mining or buying bitcoins with other kinds of money (*cough*fiat*cough). It ends up being a quite complicated process, don't you think?
Until we reach the point where paying for a cup of coffee is as easy with Bitcoin as it is with cash, we will never get mass adoption. And as far as I see it, there is no way of simplifying the acquiring of bitcoins.
Bitcoin is like fiat that we need everyday.For now bitcoin cannot exist by fiat it has a long process to do,to change into digital currency.But I know bitcoin has a brighter future for currency as time goes by, it will implement using it to pay it in the restaurant ,coffee shop or shopping mall just like what you said.Bitcoin is like gold and has a value that cannot be depreciated unlike fiat  there are terms  or years to change the paper money and lost its value.
ASICHEAD

Activity: 552
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:55:22 PM

Bitcoin is a very good thing to have as an asset. Just like gold. Even better if I may say. It's secure, and unlike fiat money it actually exists and work is put into it to produce it. This makes it great to store value.
However, it cannot and will not replace current fiat money that the entire world it using. It just cannot.
Take paying a cup of coffee for example. To pay your coffee with bitcoins, one must get bitcoins first, either by mining or buying bitcoins with other kinds of money (*cough*fiat*cough). It ends up being a quite complicated process, don't you think?
Until we reach the point where paying for a cup of coffee is as easy with Bitcoin as it is with cash, we will never get mass adoption. And as far as I see it, there is no way of simplifying the acquiring of bitcoins.
Bitcoin is like fiat that we need everyday.For now bitcoin cannot exist by fiat it has a long process to do,to change into digital currency.But I know bitcoin has a brighter future for currency as time goes by, it will implement using it to pay it in the restaurant ,coffee shop or shopping mall just like what you said.Bitcoin is like gold and has a value that cannot be depreciated unlike fiat  there are terms  or years to change the paper money and lost its value.
The future of Bitcoin will not depend on the government. You also know the government do not like Bitcoin, almost the government all want to control or limits the growth of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency. But the fact, there are many speculators made the price of Bitcoin increases crazy, the growth of Bitcoin affected the infuence of other markets, currencies and other fields ... include the profits of the government.

▄███▄
███████▄
██████▀██▄
█████▄  ▀██▄
████▀  ▄  ▀██▄
███▄ ▄██▀   ▀
██████▀  ▄█▄
███████▄█████▄
███████████████▄
████████████████▀
█████████▀
███████▀
 ▀███▀
Safein     
.M A K E   I S I M P L E.
A   R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   W A Y   T O   P A Y   O N L I N E
[WHITEPAPER]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████▀░░░░░▐████
███████████████░░░░░░░▐████
██████████████▌░░░▐████████
███████████░░░░░░░░░░░█████
███████████░░░░░░░░░░▐█████
▀█████████████▌░░░▐███████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████▀███████▀░░░▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌░░▀▀███▌░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
███████▄▄░░░░░░░░▄█████████
██████▄░░░░░░░▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀░░░░███████
████████▀▀▀░░░▄▀░░░████████
█████▄░░░░░▄█▀░░░░░████████
████████▄░█▀░░░░░░█████████
█████████▌▐░░░░░░░█████████
██████████░▄██▄░░██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
A
▬▬

█▄▄
██████▄▄
██████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄▄
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀
██████████████▀▀
██████████▀▀
██████▀▀
█▀▀
.GET IT ON               
Google Play
Bacotan Bae

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:01:32 PM

Of course, Bitcoin can not replace fiat. Because Bitcoin is not widespread so far, not all shops and restaurants accept Bitcoin. Of course Bitcoin is becoming more and more popular today. But many people still know nothing about Bitcoin. In addition, Bitcoin and Fiat have different functions so fiat will still exist in the future.

The main factor that makes bitcoin can not replace fiat is legality and guarantees, until now there is no official government guarantee, so if at any time bitcoin price equal to $ 1 per btc it will create a new mess. and this is what bitcoin is not possible to use officially.

Philanthor.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

TOKEN SALE IS LIVE
JOIN NOW
Clairvoyance

Activity: 412
Merit: 152

Perceiving events in the future and beyond

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:53:45 PM

As of the moment fiat is the main factor on how markets operate. As soon as the economy adopts digital currency as its main form of payment then fiat will be a thing in the past.
Rashid555

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:29:26 AM

I think bitcoin as itself good money and highly popular in the crypto world the other currencies like fiat are also good to use because the bitcoin is not implemented everywhere. In a broad sense if we think about bitcoin we will come to know that fiat currency is applicable and accepted everywhere while in the case of bitcoin it is used by the literate people and the users are highly young involved in this currency.

Pakboy

Activity: 195

"Proof-of-Asset Protocol"

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:40:01 AM

I believe that the bitcoin has a bright future but I don't believe that bitcoin will replace fiat. I think it is impossible even though the bitcoin is now adapting by the merchants. Bitcoin can't replace fiat money.

fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 06:44:47 AM

Yes youre on point. Heres the thing, Bitcoin cannot replace fiat because.. Btc value only depends on another currency's existence which we call it "fiat". Bitcoin in reality is not a money. Bitcoin only provides a transfer function, wether its a payment for a service, or a payment for a product. We invest btc with the hopes to pump up its value right? We use fiat money to invest, some get it from services like campaigns, faucets, blogs, etc. But at the end of the day when the Btc value met or exceed our expectations, we exchange it for fiat. So, how can Btc replaced fiat in these case. Can Btc creates its own value without depending in another form of currency? Yes, btc has a lot of good features than fiat in some cases but simply cannot replace fiat.
yes, I really agree with you. the reason is quite simple, how can digital currency replace fiat? I will also add a little bit of my opinion on this, bitcoin is a new thing for investment, trading, and online transactions purposes. there is also no clear regulation from the government on bitcoin, so I think it will be better as it is now. we invest our money in bitcoin, pumping its value to go up properly and exchange it for money in the hope of making a profit.
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:56:57 AM

As of the moment fiat is the main factor on how markets operate. As soon as the economy adopts digital currency as its main form of payment then fiat will be a thing in the past.
exactly , an outdated currency. the future of currency it is no doubt bitcoin with its advanced technology , allows people to access their own money without have to rely on the third party provider , really a form of freedom !

people just not yet ready adopt bitcoin because still less support from government , but it is worth to wait.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
potatocorner

Activity: 201

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:13:33 PM

Of course can't fiat money replace bitcoin, because we still use fiat money at the end look how much banks they are in the world they won't just change to go to bitcoin. Bitcoin is just good when you trading or other stuff. Also we need fiat for bitcoin price.
I agree with this statement. I have seen threads that tackle about bitcoin replacing fiat but I don't believe it can be easily done. I know it will be a long and hard process before fiat is completely replaced by bitcoin. That is next to impossible, I believe.

I think it would be more complicated if bitcoin will be the main currency used around the world. Of course you need internet connection to use it; so how about those people who cannot even access the internet. We can say it is possible but we need to discipline ourselves and work for those who experience poverty. I think it will happen but not in the near future.

▄▄█
      ▄▄█████
  ▄▄█████████       ██▄▄
██████████▀▀        ██████
██████▀▀  ▄▄█       ██████
██████ ▄████▀       ██████
██████ █▀▀      ▄▄█ ██████
██████       ▄████▀ ██████
██████       █▀▀  ▄▄██████
██████        ▄▄██████████
  ▀▀██       █████████▀▀
             █████▀▀
             █▀▀
.FiiiCoin..
Making Cryptocurrency
Available to All,
for All Purposes

████▄▄
████████▄▄
████████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████▀▀
████████▀▀
████▀▀
███████████  ██▄
██           ████▄
██           ██ ▀██▄
██           ████████
██  ███████      
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
█████████████████████
WHITEPAPER
YELLOWPAPER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bobyhodob

Activity: 1162
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:16:09 PM

Yes youre on point. Heres the thing, Bitcoin cannot replace fiat because.. Btc value only depends on another currency's existence which we call it "fiat". Bitcoin in reality is not a money. Bitcoin only provides a transfer function, wether its a payment for a service, or a payment for a product. We invest btc with the hopes to pump up its value right? We use fiat money to invest, some get it from services like campaigns, faucets, blogs, etc. But at the end of the day when the Btc value met or exceed our expectations, we exchange it for fiat. So, how can Btc replaced fiat in these case. Can Btc creates its own value without depending in another form of currency? Yes, btc has a lot of good features than fiat in some cases but simply cannot replace fiat.
yes, I really agree with you. the reason is quite simple, how can digital currency replace fiat? I will also add a little bit of my opinion on this, bitcoin is a new thing for investment, trading, and online transactions purposes. there is also no clear regulation from the government on bitcoin, so I think it will be better as it is now. we invest our money in bitcoin, pumping its value to go up properly and exchange it for money in the hope of making a profit.
Fiat is under government regulation and fiat used by all people in the world, in fact I think fiat is still better in terms of transaction, no fees, the payment can be done anywhere, there is no confirmation and work offline 100%. So how bitcoin can replace fiat, if the fact fiat is still excelled in terms of transaction.

STUDENTCOIN