Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:54:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin can not replace fiat  (Read 163764 times)
imsotiredofmoviereboots

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:01:00 AM

I believe that it's not going to replace each other but both will exist. I think that if mass adoption become successful, maybe 80% of the world's population are using bitcoin and the rest are still using fiat.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
popoypalaboy03

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:21:58 AM

you can have cash hidden under the mattress that gets burned in a fire. You can have gold jewelry which gets stolen. You could have a safety deposit box that your children do not know about. You could have money in a bank which goes bust. The risks associated with Bitcoins are on par with those associated with many other established currencies, and that, if anything, they offer advantages that other asset forms do not Really, when you think about it, where is the safest place to keep your wealth and still have access to it? Well, you could opt for Bitcoins, a virtual currency which has no ties to any monetary authority, no underlying commodity and no fixed exchange rate.
jatin729

Activity: 812
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 11:00:54 AM

Bitcoin can not replace fiat because Still there are many countries which are not interested in bitcoins,
also do we really think that we can survive without fiat currency? simply answer no, because Central banks won't allow bitcoin to enter into Fiat market because Bitcoin must be centralize first.
There are few countries which legalize bitcoin for eg, Japan, South Korea . But There are still fiat currency is preferable over bitcoins.

ArIMy11

Activity: 519
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 11:43:07 AM

Yes, got you intrigued, didn't it?

Bitcoin is a very good thing to have as an asset. Just like gold. Even better if I may say. It's secure, and unlike fiat money it actually exists and work is put into it to produce it. This makes it great to store value.
However, it cannot and will not replace current fiat money that the entire world it using. It just cannot.
Take paying a cup of coffee for example. To pay your coffee with bitcoins, one must get bitcoins first, either by mining or buying bitcoins with other kinds of money (*cough*fiat*cough). It ends up being a quite complicated process, don't you think?
Until we reach the point where paying for a cup of coffee is as easy with Bitcoin as it is with cash, we will never get mass adoption. And as far as I see it, there is no way of simplifying the acquiring of bitcoins.

At this time, yes it impossible for bitcoin to replace fiat all over the world. I just do not know how the future will goes. Maybe in the future, it is possible.
Goverments, store, companies still deal with fiat although some stores especially online shops accept bitcoin, it is not enough reason for bitcoin to replace fiat.
In this country, we have lots of ATMSs, credit cards, we also have lots of stores. We all know atm can be accepted to pay for the products we buy but not in this province. Yes, we have are little behind to an advanced technology of some other countries. Sad. Plus they do not have any idea what bitcoin is or any other currencies plus we have turtle internet here.

███    TWITTER     MOCKTAIL     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC        SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
candy69

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 11:50:33 AM

I don't think bitcoin will replace fiat. But, as days will pass more and more institutions, organizations, and companies will accept bitcoin.
nikitano

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:33:24 PM

Can any person teach me what is fiat?Is fiat also cryptocurrency?A lot of instances someone in this forum is speaking about fiat and I every single time seem wtf what is that?I always feel that they think about fiat auto but I now see that they dont.
Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:55:49 PM

The problem is that men and women do not have faith in bitcoin as considerably as they have confidence in fiat income. I consider bitcoin only as an alternative way to purchase and sell issues. There are not ample coins to be employed by all individuals folks that use fiat cash.
Why would you say men and women do not have faith in bitcoin ?
We all on this forum are all men and women, ladies and gents, youths and adults, and even outside this forum too. The reason why we are all here is because we have absolute faith that bitcoin would free us from the slavery that has been imposed on us over this years.

There is one thing to have access to that information, it is one thing not to have faith. I am sure every common man and woman that understands the importance of bitcoin would definitely have faith and be optimistic.
misterj

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 01:24:17 PM

It could and it should not because when it does some or few greedy government would come up to an idea where they could mess up bitcoin or other cryptocurrency just like fiat or our spending money. Imagine laws and rights applied legally here and there, there would be chaos. Banks would have their greedy mentally make up solution to steal from us legally but this event could happen if the government is corrupt if not, then everyone could earn and have a better economy than ever in my opinion.

██▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▄Blockchain Art Platform
█▄▀░░█▄▄▄█▄█▄▀[Twitter]  [Telegram] [Reddit] [Medium]
░░░█▄█▄▄▄█░░█▄█▄▄Tradable Assets  Unique Ownership  Proven Authenticity
DeItaNights

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:27:29 PM

The bitcoin has a great long term however the dollar will stay winning without any uncertainties simply because it features a far better long term and its additionally that its stil much better than the bitcoin.The buck also offers more energy compared to bitcoin ever wil have.
websoftwareengineer

Activity: 364

Blockchain with VTOS energy

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:45:30 PM

In my own opinion, Bitcoins cannot replace fiat since not everyone is knowledgeable about bitcoins and never knew how to earn this coins. Most of the person who are only capable of earning bitcoins are from the middle class.

⚫ ▬▬     V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network     ▬▬ ⚫
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  MAY 28th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
Unilevear

Activity: 102

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:52:07 PM

Bitcoin is a very good thing to have as an asset. Just like gold. Even better if I may say. It's secure, and unlike fiat money it actually exists and work is put into it to produce it. This makes it great to store value.
However, it cannot and will not replace current fiat money that the entire world it using. It just cannot.
Take paying a cup of coffee for example. To pay your coffee with bitcoins, one must get bitcoins first, either by mining or buying bitcoins with other kinds of money (*cough*fiat*cough). It ends up being a quite complicated process, don't you think?
Until we reach the point where paying for a cup of coffee is as easy with Bitcoin as it is with cash, we will never get mass adoption. And as far as I see it, there is no way of simplifying the acquiring of bitcoins.
Agreed! Bitcoin can never replace fiat money. We had been caught up in this digital currencies that many of us started investing in it knowing that we could earn ample amount of money. Holding to the idea that bitcoin could be the mainstream currency. We just cant suddenly ignore fiat money that has been there for a very long time, with the emergence of cryptos. It is still better to use paper money for small transactions in our everyday life.
supercanada1

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 04:09:49 PM

I don't think bitcoin will replace fiat. But, as days will pass more and more institutions, organizations, and companies will accept bitcoin.
It is true and a lot of the people are here who use to think like this because they are not aware of the real power of the bitcoin, the bitcoin is now increasing more and more in 50% of the countries are using the bitcoin and the bitcoin is being the world famous just in the few years I hope the bitcoin will not replace but it will take the place of the fiat just in a few years as we can see the bitcoin is increasing in the value more.
Malaya

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 04:22:48 PM

For now it is easier to say that bitcoin can not replace fiat. Anytime this year and the next years to come, fiat will still be the mode of transaction for any business around the world. However, the greater opportunity comes along with bitcoin because this has been accepted by a lot of countries globally. We may not know Bitcoin will extremely be an amazing currency of all time 50 years from now.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 04:30:18 PM

I cannot swear by the same belief that Bitcoin cannot replace fiat. I think there are good possibilities knowing that governments worldwide find it hard or extremely difficult to put an end or regulate Bitcoin usage. I think their acquiescence to it somehow implies acknowledgement that it has a good potential to grow in the market. Thus, just stand still. We will all figure out later on.
Zemomtum

Activity: 1316
Merit: 104

CitizenFinance.io

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:06:58 PM

Maybe this is possible in the future, if almost everyone already knew about bitcoin and if our technology can already and can handle bitcoin transactions easier and faster. If almost all establishments accept bitcoin for payment, transactions would be faster and bitcoin will be more convenient to have and use compared to bitcoin.

Bosx1ne

Activity: 540

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:09:50 PM

We all know that the fiat money is the money that we are seeing in everyday life. Cryptocurrency are still doesn't have enough power to surpass fiat money. I think it is true that bitcoin cannot really replace fiat money.

wareen
Millionaire
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1001

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:02:39 PM

Agreed! Bitcoin can never replace fiat money. We had been caught up in this digital currencies that many of us started investing in it knowing that we could earn ample amount of money. Holding to the idea that bitcoin could be the mainstream currency. We just cant suddenly ignore fiat money that has been there for a very long time, with the emergence of cryptos. It is still better to use paper money for small transactions in our everyday life.
Today, we can use FIAT through digital technology, although there are many limits to use the amount of money in credit card, but to be honest, it is better than Bitcoin because most of countries support this platform without any ban. While, if you use Bitcoin in those who countries banned Bitcoin or cryptocurrency for payment, you will break the law Wink

▄▄▀▀▄▄
    ▄▄▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀▄▄
▄▄▀▀▄▄█████▄████▄▄▀▀▄▄
█▀▀█▄█████████████
█▄▄████▀   ▀██████
███████     █▄████
█████▀█▄   ▄██████
█▄█████▌   ▐█████
█████▀█     ██████
██▄███████████████
▀▀▄▄▀▀█████▀████▀▀▄▄▀▀
    ▀▀▄▄▀▀██▀▀▄▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄▀▀
.PDATA..
TOKEN..
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
TELEGRAM     BITCOINTALK     FACEBOOK
MEDIUM    SLACK    TWITTER    YOUTUBE
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   E M A I L   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
PrinceCaspian

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:34:39 PM

Bitcoin can not replace the fiat because of the trust that people that are in the banks primarily. Bitcoin will never replace the fiat and bitcoin will stay for being an additional way of earning money and for an option for being a way to transact different kind of payments online.

▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
   ▄████████████████████████▄████████████████████████████████████▀▀███▄
  █████████▀        ▀███████████████▀         ▀████   ██████   ██████▀██     ███████████▄    ██████████   ███████████▄
 █████████    ▄▄▄▄    █████████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███    █████   ██████████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀████
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███     ████   ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███       ███
██████████   ▀█████▄▄▄█████████████   ███████   ███      ███   ████████████            ███   ███          ███       ███
███████████▄    ▀▀█████████████████   ███████   ███   █   ██   ████████████            ███   ███  █████   ███      ▄███
██████████████▄▄    ▀██████████████   ███████   ███   ██   █   ████████████            ███   ███  ▀▀▀▀▀   ███    █████▀
██████████▀▀▀█████▄   █████████████   ███████   ███   ███      ████████████            ███   ███          ███     ███
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███   ████     ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███      ███
 █████████    ▀▀▀▀    █████████████▄   ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████    ██████████    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███       ███
  █████████▄        ▄███████████████▄         ▄████   ██████   ██████▄██     ███████████▀    ██████████   ███        ███
   ▀████████████████████████▀████████████████████████████████████▄▄███▀
      ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

HIGH-SECURE PAYMENT ALGORITHM FOR E-COMMERCE
█████|     Telegram     |     Twitter     |     Medium     |     Youtube     |     Facebook     |█████

WHITEPAPER
ONEPAGER
ANN Thread

PRIVATE SALE...MARCH 10
PRE-SALE▬▬▬.MARCH 25
CROWDSALE.APRIL 11
Naoko

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:56:25 PM

Bitcoin can not replace the fiat because of the trust that people that are in the banks primarily. Bitcoin will never replace the fiat and bitcoin will stay for being an additional way of earning money and for an option for being a way to transact different kind of payments online.
agree...in my opinion, they perform even different functions...bitcoin is best used as an asset, not as money
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:06:53 PM

It is true and a lot of the people are here who use to think like this because they are not aware of the real power of the bitcoin, the bitcoin is now increasing more and more in 50% of the countries are using the bitcoin and the bitcoin is being the world famous just in the few years I hope the bitcoin will not replace but it will take the place of the fiat just in a few years as we can see the bitcoin is increasing in the value more.
That what you say is not impossible, but to be totally honest what we want is not always what happens. Bitcoin have a lot of potential, and it is truth that its community is growing fast. But for Bitcoin to replace fiat currency Bitcoin needs a lot of work. There are too much issues that need to be fixed before it could become worlds currency. Also we must not forget that governments will not allow some cryptocurrency to make them problems, also countries have their currency and they will not replace them with Bitcoin. One day maybe, but not in a few years like you think.
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »
  Print  

Jump to: