Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:27:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin can not replace fiat  (Read 163764 times)
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 02:32:17 PM

Bitcoin is not going to replace fiat for most people but without a doubt there may be some bitcoin users out there that are not using fiat anymore and are only using bitcoin right now.

I don't think that it is possible only to use bitcoins as to take care of our expenses in real world we need fiat and bitcoin cannot be used anywhere for buying anything so in that case we have convert our bitcoins to fiat currency so that we can use them for shopping.
Now at present we cannot use bitcoin same as that we use fiat for our needs starting from daily needs to other online purchases. Little by little it's increasing as users​were increasing. If bitcoin have got an physical appearance as our cash it could have been more popular than the present but it cannot replace the fiat system.

Bitcoin being physical is something which could never gonna happen. It is all against Bitcoin motive. How would you distinguish Bitcoin from cash, how would it provide you anonymity and most important how it gonna managed!!
If something like that happened, Bitcoin will fall in the hand of big boss (government) and we again become prey to these predators.

/]..JAMBLER.io../]Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
/our-partners.php]      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
▄█████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
▀█████████████████████████████
/become-seller.php]   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 09:10:25 PM

Bitcoin is not going to replace fiat for most people but without a doubt there may be some bitcoin users out there that are not using fiat anymore and are only using bitcoin right now.

I don't think that it is possible only to use bitcoins as to take care of our expenses in real world we need fiat and bitcoin cannot be used anywhere for buying anything so in that case we have convert our bitcoins to fiat currency so that we can use them for shopping.
currently it may not be possible but in future we can expect so. when the number of bitcoin users will increase more and more and when people will stop using fiat and they will give preference to bitcoin instead of fiat.
yes that is right to say that bitcoin is still not so much develop, i do not think that still only 1 % of people are using bitcoin while the rest of the people do not have any knowledge about bitcoin i think people still need good knowledge about bitcoin so that they can adopt bitcoin digital currency.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 11:07:18 PM

currently it may not be possible but in future we can expect so. when the number of bitcoin users will increase more and more and when people will stop using fiat and they will give preference to bitcoin instead of fiat.
yes that is right to say that bitcoin is still not so much develop, i do not think that still only 1 % of people are using bitcoin while the rest of the people do not have any knowledge about bitcoin i think people still need good knowledge about bitcoin so that they can adopt bitcoin digital currency.

He did not say bitcoin is not so much developed, you said it yourself. And I think there are more than 1% now, many people are been using bitcoin especially when it is a news being accepted in Japan. If all of the people in Japan accepted bitcoin it will be great, making the price pump.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 11:18:41 PM

He did not say bitcoin is not so much developed, you said it yourself. And I think there are more than 1% now, many people are been using bitcoin especially when it is a news being accepted in Japan. If all of the people in Japan accepted bitcoin it will be great, making the price pump.
Didn't heard that news from japan.. that they are accepted bitcoin right now.. for me its only a great news only in their country and there is no big effect in the whole bitcoin.. and i think the effect already happen that we back touch in $1.2k. if its a worldwide news well maybe it can push the value of bitcoin more. and motivated the other people to invest more.

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
OrangeP

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 12:43:47 AM

Bitcoin field-tested in Japan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbNG66nQdqA

Quite good. Could be better with NFC activated wallets and maybe a cheaper/faster coin like Litecoin or PIVX.

Hottest Coins: Decred, ZCoin, Waves
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 01:01:53 AM

I agree with Barts, there are people I guess too that aren't using fiat anymore but instead using bitcoin for paying everything they need, expenses for bills and shopping online with the use of bitcoin and with the help of exchange that they are using. But it doesn't mean that it will replace fiat generally, it is only applicable for them.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
fathur.aza

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 03:09:06 AM

like where can while having bitcoin?
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 08:01:40 PM

I totally agree. I think some people tend to romanticize about the uses of Bitcoin but you are right. The only way to really obtain enough bitcoin to live on (i.e without fiat money) is to first buy it with fiat currency.

Everyone thinks that it is easy but really not only for that reason but also because of the time it takes for confirmations and the fact that since its a crypto-currency it is possible to have security issues.
CoinThinker

Activity: 462

Only the best is The be best...

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 08:04:48 PM

I agree with Barts, there are people I guess too that aren't using fiat anymore but instead using bitcoin for paying everything they need, expenses for bills and shopping online with the use of bitcoin and with the help of exchange that they are using. But it doesn't mean that it will replace fiat generally, it is only applicable for them.

But there are very few people who are aware about the bitcoins yet and those who are using bitcoins will also prefer to use credit or debit card for shopping or fiat as their main intention is to save their bitcoins for the future without spending them at a moment.

wck

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 09:50:53 PM

Even if people know about Bitcoin it is simply too hard to use.   Couple that with the current costs and small transactions are almost a joke.

I've done 100's, maybe more than a 1000 successful Bitcoin transactions and I still got caught by the raising transaction fees.   My wallet ended up only putting 50 satoshi per byte and now I'll have to wait a couple more days for the network to forget about that transaction.   Currently one has to use something like https://bitcoinfees.21.co/ to figure out what to try and set for a transaction fee.    Even then one has to know about a wallet details.  While a lot of that can be fixed with a better wallet people will have to know about it.   

Finally even when you do get a successful transaction, the cost is currently running 0.4 mBTC, or about $0.48 USD.   Seriously expensive for something like a small store purchase.   While that cost probably will go down, it could also go up.  So Bitcoin has lost a major advantage over credit cards for small purchases. 
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 11:56:22 PM

yes that can also be right bit i think it will take a lot of time, because still not a one percent of people are using bitcoin, and in most of the countries people even do not have knowledge about computer and internet, therefore i think it will take decades.
Mvaporis1961

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 12:47:37 AM

Ofcourse it will never ever ever replace fiat currencies.Why?simple because without fiat there is no bitcoins so bitcoin cannot stand alone i think even tho it is very well knowned by this date.And another reason is government will block bitcoins ofcourse if it becames a threat in government based financial system
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 09:00:29 AM

But there are very few people who are aware about the bitcoins yet and those who are using bitcoins will also prefer to use credit or debit card for shopping or fiat as their main intention is to save their bitcoins for the future without spending them at a moment.

We are pointing out those people that are already into using of bitcoin completely, there will be users that are going to keep on using credit and debit card or even fiat for buying things that they need. And it's a normal thing that most of us are keep on holding our bitcoins for the hope that this is going to give us good future.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Potato Chips

Activity: 2758
Merit: 893

yesssir! 🫡

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 09:32:02 AM

Ofcourse it will never ever ever replace fiat currencies.Why?simple because without fiat there is no bitcoins so bitcoin cannot stand alone i think even tho it is very well knowned by this date.And another reason is government will block bitcoins ofcourse if it becames a threat in government based financial system

Yah. This is just like altcoins and bitcoin. We cannot determine the value of altcoins without bitcoin at the same time we cannot determine the value of

bitcoin without fiat. There are many predictions about bitcoin replacing fiat and the age of cashless society will then begin which is not impossible

however remember that there are many problems that will surface from that because we are altering the way we use money and the position of it in

our economics.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
Betwrong
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 2145

I stand with Ukraine.

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 09:38:04 AM

Yah. This is just like altcoins and bitcoin. We cannot determine the value of altcoins without bitcoin at the same time we cannot determine the value of

bitcoin without fiat. There are many predictions about bitcoin replacing fiat and the age of cashless society will then begin which is not impossible

however remember that there are many problems that will surface from that because we are altering the way we use money and the position of it in

our economics.

At least in this century fiat will not be replaced, but I can't be sure about what will happen in the next one. Since we will hardly live to XXII century we can state that fiat is here to stay forever. I personally see no problems with that. So far we do need fiat for many reasons, so let it be. )

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2017, 09:43:36 AM

The contrary is very well known

The simple fact that Bitcoin is traded for a lot of fiat currencies should you already warn you that your claim doesn't have a lot of footing to stand on. If there is no more fiat around one wonderful morning, people will just start using Bitcoin directly as a means of payment, i.e. as it was conceived right from the start, as a currency in and of itself which can stand on its own and which doesn't need any fiat as a crutch. In fact, it would be even better without any fiat sticking around. But I'm still curious if it is your misconception which you just claim to be a "well-known fact" or you got from someone or somewhere

232drialf

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 09:48:01 AM

Yes. Bitcoin will cann't be able to replace fiat.

Because bitcoin is 'something' that is anonymous. different from fiat.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 10:19:26 AM

is bitcoin meant to replace fiat currency? or is it here to be a different option payment next to the fiat. it's hardly possible that btc will replace fiat due to the fact that fiat is controlled by big banks and governments, therefore is those two groups don't invest in bitcoin or make some options for it, it's hardly gonna happen.

Maybe in the distant future but that will also require banks to accept it, so i don't think thats gonna happen. i mean, it can replace fiat in asome small countries or some smaller local caffes and stores but entirely to replace it, no.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
sobsitesearch

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 11:19:11 AM

Yes. Bitcoin will cann't be able to replace fiat.

Because bitcoin is 'something' that is anonymous. different from fiat.
Yes agree with you mate, this two currency is different, bitcoin is digital currency and can be used in online transaction and not government regulated while fiat is centralized currency which all people can used this currency anywhere we want.
Hypnosis00

Activity: 2352
Merit: 339

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 12:18:57 PM

Bitcoin can not replace fiat because fiat is very powerful and it is government supported so it will be hard for bitcoin to do defeat fiat. It is just good for bitcoin to not replace fiat because it will not succeed and it will just lose some time trying to do that. Skip doing that and focus on other helpful things rather than defeating or replacing fiat.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »
  Print  

Jump to: