Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:55:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin can not replace fiat  (Read 163764 times)
Gaaara

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 05:25:40 PM

Yes. Bitcoin will cann't be able to replace fiat.

Because bitcoin is 'something' that is anonymous. different from fiat.
Yes agree with you mate, this two currency is different, bitcoin is digital currency and can be used in online transaction and not government regulated while fiat is centralized currency which all people can used this currency anywhere we want.

True, but there's a possibility that a online currency replace fiat, like what happens to books. Online or e-books already replace hard copy books, but they did not fully replace books but as you can see they have more demand than the traditional or usually used hard copy books, so its the same as bitcoin and fiat, it is only possible because
 sometimes people intend to change and go over their off limits just to see and discover new things.

MOCKTAIL  -  THE  FIRST  SEMI-FUNGIBLE  TOKEN  ON  BSE 
        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        SMART CONTRACT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 07:28:47 PM

Bitcoin is not going to replace fiat for most people but without a doubt there may be some bitcoin users out there that are not using fiat anymore and are only using bitcoin right now.

I don't think that it is possible only to use bitcoins as to take care of our expenses in real world we need fiat and bitcoin cannot be used anywhere for buying anything so in that case we have convert our bitcoins to fiat currency so that we can use them for shopping.

I agree with Barts, there are people I guess too that aren't using fiat anymore but instead using bitcoin for paying everything they need, expenses for bills and shopping online with the use of bitcoin and with the help of exchange that they are using. But it doesn't mean that it will replace fiat generally, it is only applicable for them.

But there are very few people who are aware about the bitcoins yet and those who are using bitcoins will also prefer to use credit or debit card for shopping or fiat as their main intention is to save their bitcoins for the future without spending them at a moment.

We are pointing out those people that are already into using of bitcoin completely, there will be users that are going to keep on using credit and debit card or even fiat for buying things that they need. And it's a normal thing that most of us are keep on holding our bitcoins for the hope that this is going to give us good future.
in fact most of the people are holding bitcoin for investment purposes because they do not have any other option.  to me i think if they will find opportunities of using bitcoin as currency then they will certainly use bitcoin as currency.
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 11:21:53 PM

Bitcoin can not replace fiat because fiat is very powerful and it is government supported so it will be hard for bitcoin to do defeat fiat. It is just good for bitcoin to not replace fiat because it will not succeed and it will just lose some time trying to do that. Skip doing that and focus on other helpful things rather than defeating or replacing fiat.

Correct, fiat is government currency and Bitcoin is independent. Governments will always want to control their currencies which is one of the main reasons why Satoshi Nakamoto created Bitcoin. I think both will exist together for a while.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 12:47:15 AM

Bitcoin can not replace fiat because fiat is very powerful and it is government supported so it will be hard for bitcoin to do defeat fiat. It is just good for bitcoin to not replace fiat because it will not succeed and it will just lose some time trying to do that. Skip doing that and focus on other helpful things rather than defeating or replacing fiat.

Correct, fiat is government currency and Bitcoin is independent. Governments will always want to control their currencies which is one of the main reasons why Satoshi Nakamoto created Bitcoin. I think both will exist together for a while.
I agree that both will just exist together and no one will be dispose because bitcoin and fiat are required to have a greater feature because bitcoin can help fiat to have a greater payment system which is really needed as of now to avoid wasted efforts and less hassle but fast payment. Fiat will always exist together with bitcoin because that is the traditional currency that already existed a thousand years ago and the government will do everything just make the fiat stay in the world.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 06:42:20 AM

Bitcoin is not going to replace fiat for most people but without a doubt there may be some bitcoin users out there that are not using fiat anymore and are only using bitcoin right now.

I don't think that it is possible only to use bitcoins as to take care of our expenses in real world we need fiat and bitcoin cannot be used anywhere for buying anything so in that case we have convert our bitcoins to fiat currency so that we can use them for shopping.

I agree with Barts, there are people I guess too that aren't using fiat anymore but instead using bitcoin for paying everything they need, expenses for bills and shopping online with the use of bitcoin and with the help of exchange that they are using. But it doesn't mean that it will replace fiat generally, it is only applicable for them.

But there are very few people who are aware about the bitcoins yet and those who are using bitcoins will also prefer to use credit or debit card for shopping or fiat as their main intention is to save their bitcoins for the future without spending them at a moment.

We are pointing out those people that are already into using of bitcoin completely, there will be users that are going to keep on using credit and debit card or even fiat for buying things that they need. And it's a normal thing that most of us are keep on holding our bitcoins for the hope that this is going to give us good future.
in fact most of the people are holding bitcoin for investment purposes because they do not have any other option.  to me i think if they will find opportunities of using bitcoin as currency then they will certainly use bitcoin as currency.

I don't agree just because there's no other option most of us are holding bitcoin. The fact that most of us are holding because it's our choice and we believe that this will rise us and give us good financial stability in the future. Just like what I said, there are people that are making it as a real currency.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
virasog
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1159

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 10:09:36 AM

I agree with you, since bitcoin is anonymous it will just remain virtual money, we cannot really apply the description of fiat to bitcoin, unless the developers of bitcoin will gonna change it features. Lets see how the world react to the option of only digital money because people are afraid of online hacking and other techy stuff.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2017, 10:43:20 AM

Yes agree with you mate, this two currency is different, bitcoin is digital currency and can be used in online transaction and not government regulated while fiat is centralized currency which all people can used this currency anywhere we want.

True, but there's a possibility that a online currency replace fiat, like what happens to books. Online or e-books already replace hard copy books, but they did not fully replace books but as you can see they have more demand than the traditional or usually used hard copy books, so its the same as bitcoin and fiat, it is only possible because
 sometimes people intend to change and go over their off limits just to see and discover new things

Fiat is already an "online" currency mostly

So there is no need to replace one fiat with another fiat. At most, digital fiat (a proper name for "online" fiat) will eventually crowd out cash (which is still the same fiat, though in a different form) from circulation due to its numerous benefits before cash, but this has no direct connection with Bitcoin. Such replacement could theoretically contribute to Bitcoin popularity (since people will get used to non-cash payments), but other than that, this has nothing to do with Bitcoin as such (and it replacing fiat)

Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 11:08:49 AM

I agree with you, since bitcoin is anonymous it will just remain virtual money, we cannot really apply the description of fiat to bitcoin, unless the developers of bitcoin will gonna change it features. Lets see how the world react to the option of only digital money because people are afraid of online hacking and other techy stuff.

To be honest, if bitcoin was to go mainstream, some things would have got to change. But if there were some things to change that make bitcoin bitcoin, well then it's gonna be a completely different story in terms of how regular people see it. But even now I don't think that anonimity is the biggest problem of all, somehow I think that accessibility to the casual folks is one of the bigger problems.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
posternat

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 02:56:48 PM

Yes, I also agree with you. But in my view, if bitcoin was create to change into fiat, than why need to create the bitcoin? Because the reason is that to made of bitcoin, a different and unique technology where we use it only online.   
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 05:20:03 PM

Yes, I also agree with you. But in my view, if bitcoin was create to change into fiat, than why need to create the bitcoin? Because the reason is that to made of bitcoin, a different and unique technology where we use it only online.   

Because you can never change fiat but something can definitely replace it. Something that will make the whole fiat concept go obsolete. Something that people will surely embrace. Something that will free the people from the fiat slavery that they've been experiencing since mankind. Bitcoin is unique and much different from fiat because otherwise, there would be no effect at all.

Changing a little of something about fiat concept will not be enough reason for it to replace fiat. The reason why bitcoin is only accessible online is so that it can be used in a global level and not just in a certain country. After all, eventually we will all have access to the Internet.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 05:34:48 PM

it may be very difficult to bitcoin be fiat to a country because the price is not stable, but it allows for a new country. if the new state in the form, then bitcoin might be their currency, but it requires a very good technology.
bitcoin will not be able to replace fiat in a country, because fiat has been attached since the first, but bitcoin could also be a rival for Fiat, because it can be used as an alternative.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Neo_matrix

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 07:06:34 PM

I also never understood why beatcoin and maternity currency are compared. These are absolutely different systems. Everyone can enjoy what he likes best. I choose crypto currency. This is my personal choice
stergium

Activity: 655

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 10:34:55 PM

actually in present time the users of bitcoin are also very few. as a large number of people still do no know any thing about bitcoin. they still need proper knowledge and introduction about bitcoin, but i think it will take decades when all the people of the world will start using bitcoin.
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 08:08:03 AM

actually in present time the users of bitcoin are also very few. as a large number of people still do no know any thing about bitcoin. they still need proper knowledge and introduction about bitcoin, but i think it will take decades when all the people of the world will start using bitcoin.
i think the users of bitcoin are continously increasing and we are hopeful that the number of bitcoin users will continue to increase. as we can see that even now the users of bitcoin are present in all over the world, but still the facilities of bitcoin to be use as currency is not available everywhere.
SoulBargain

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 11:07:19 AM

i think the users of bitcoin are continously increasing and we are hopeful that the number of bitcoin users will continue to increase. as we can see that even now the users of bitcoin are present in all over the world, but still the facilities of bitcoin to be use as currency is not available everywhere.

Even though the number of Bitcoin users increase there is still a low chance for Bitcoin to be greater than fiat. Aside from fiat is supported by the government, fiat also roots from their culture and most especially in different industries. If ever bitcoin will be of greater than fiat then a lot will not allow it especially those banks that will vanish if let this happen.
marketone
Legendary

Activity: 1302

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 11:44:09 AM

Even though they have proper knowledge about bitcoin it cannot be replaced by fiat because it is in government's hand, it is not decided by the people.
Even though many members are using still there is less chance to replace with fiat currency.
freedomgo
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1144

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 11:56:06 AM

Even though they have proper knowledge about bitcoin it cannot be replaced by fiat because it is in government's hand, it is not decided by the people.
Even though many members are using still there is less chance to replace with fiat currency.
That thing will surely happen, we can't beat the government and they have fiat in circulation, bitcoin is just composed of small number of users which are not even a threat yet in the fiat system. Let's just enjoy what we are seeing now, the crypto currency world will grow but will never replace fiat, at least we are getting realistic here.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
Paid Piper

Activity: 329
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 09:14:07 PM

Even though the number of Bitcoin users increase there is still a low chance for Bitcoin to be greater than fiat. Aside from fiat is supported by the government, fiat also roots from their culture and most especially in different industries. If ever bitcoin will be of greater than fiat then a lot will not allow it especially those banks that will vanish if let this happen.
actually it will take a lot of time, as still not a 1 percent people of the world are using bitcoin, but we can see that the number of bitcoin users are increasing from time to time and now the users of bitcoin are available from all over the world.
TimeManLove

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 09:18:43 PM

actually it will take a lot of time, as still not a 1 percent people of the world are using bitcoin, but we can see that the number of bitcoin users are increasing from time to time and now the users of bitcoin are available from all over the world.

This does not depend on the number of users of bitcoin. Even if many people start using bitcoin, it will not replace the dollar. These are different systems. The government will not support decentralized currency
Colt22

Activity: 770

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 09:41:05 PM

the facilities are available in most parts of the world but only in some parts the facilities are not much and the reason is that the people of that place do not work to develop and establish bitcoin in their places.
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »
  Print  

Jump to: