Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:01:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 140 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin can not replace fiat  (Read 163768 times)
TGD

Activity: 1288
Merit: 620

Wen Rolex?

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 06:42:27 AM

Bitcoin can and WILL replace fiat. There is no doubt about it, at all.

Why? Well, the system of fiat is flawed. The government is in control of everything and they can steal all your money if you wanted to. While this is not the case with bitcoin.

That is right. It will just take some times for that to happen. It might take 5 to 10 decades to replace most currency.

But I think fiat will have its own value and will not be replaced by any crypto currency like bitcoin, as fiats are the national currencies of the states and they do not want to replace it with any other currency so they will keep fiat is some parts of their states.
Fiat is regulated by the government while bitcoins are not, currently bitcoins cannot beat fiat and we are dependent to fiat to spend our bitcoins in real world so we should not be dreaming yet, it is good to have both in my opinion.
I don't see any problem even bitcoin replace to Fiat or not but I think it will not happen .but bitcoin already exists and no government can manipulate the price of it .if the government want to legalize bitcoin and create a law that bitcoin need to had  tax I don't have a choice I need to be follow and I want to use it as a Fiat.

Don't mind me | Just checking out here for Duelbits Promotion | Bitcoin 1M | Duelbits no 1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinFoxs
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004

Campaign Management & Translation Service

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 07:12:47 AM

Why? Well, the system of fiat is flawed. The government is in control of everything and they can steal all your money if you wanted to. While this is not the case with bitcoin.

That is right. It will just take some times for that to happen. It might take 5 to 10 decades to replace most currency.

It is impossible to replace fiat by bitcoin but i am sure it will not gonna happen so don't think about it lol
If it will happen then bitcoin must have to conquer all the currencies of world which will take a very long time as you said Smiley
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 07:27:15 AM

It is impossible to replace fiat by bitcoin but i am sure it will not gonna happen so don't think about it lol
If it will happen then bitcoin must have to conquer all the currencies of world which will take a very long time as you said Smiley
But I have already replaced fiats with the format of electronic money. I really not in need of spending currency notes and coins for my daily needs. Because I am able to spend my debit card everywhere I can go for purchases.

Bitcoins will be the one of the payment option in my favorite shops soon, then I will start using it. It is my own experience. I am not going to say fiats will disappear. But, like me many people will use fiats very rarely.
Mastercon

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 08:19:55 AM

But I have already replaced fiats with the format of electronic money. I really not in need of spending currency notes and coins for my daily needs. Because I am able to spend my debit card everywhere I can go for purchases.

Bitcoins will be the one of the payment option in my favorite shops soon, then I will start using it. It is my own experience. I am not going to say fiats will disappear. But, like me many people will use fiats very rarely.

That is excellent. I have used the bitcoins to buy the mining equipment and then mine more bitcoins.
Fasdurcas

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 07:37:39 AM

That is excellent. I have used the bitcoins to buy the mining equipment and then mine more bitcoins.

I use the bitcoin to buy graphics cards and other components, then mine the Ethereum and sell Eth for bitcoin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Fanpant

Activity: 214

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 03:19:57 PM

I use the bitcoin to buy graphics cards and other components, then mine the Ethereum and sell Eth for bitcoin.

That is very self sustainable. But that depends on the electricity price and if you can find a good coin to mine.
Maesters1-

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 02:54:29 PM

in present time as most of the people have no idea about bitcon. so many people are still there who have yet not hear the name of bitcoin so they have only one choice and that is the fiat currency. so we can sa that in present time or in present future it is impossible that bitocin will take the place of fiat currency.
oHnK

Activity: 1414
Merit: 574

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 03:49:36 PM

in present time as most of the people have no idea about bitcon. so many people are still there who have yet not hear the name of bitcoin so they have only one choice and that is the fiat currency.

It will never be possible even if we had a thousand years to go, no government in this country will be willing to give up their fiat to be in place of bitcoin unless the country's economy has gone down to a level of insanity just like greece but then there is always other options besides using bitcoin
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 03:56:20 PM

in present time as most of the people have no idea about bitcon. so many people are still there who have yet not hear the name of bitcoin so they have only one choice and that is the fiat currency.

It will never be possible even if we had a thousand years to go, no government in this country will be willing to give up their fiat to be in place of bitcoin unless the country's economy has gone down to a level of insanity just like greece but then there is always other options besides using bitcoin

Even if fiat is not anymore the best option for the governments, then still Bitcoin won't come up in their minds. They will not allow something they have no control over. On top of that, it will cost the governments billions in lost profits and revenue every year.
CryingMidget

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 04:08:56 PM

in present time as most of the people have no idea about bitcon. so many people are still there who have yet not hear the name of bitcoin so they have only one choice and that is the fiat currency. so we can sa that in present time or in present future it is impossible that bitocin will take the place of fiat currency.

In coming decades in case we have the same inspiration and adaptation as today. No one one can imagine 50 years ago that debit and credit can replace the dollars in daily life uses , so who know it might happen if we get more official adaptation and i wish to be there when it comes.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 04:19:35 PM

In coming decades in case we have the same inspiration and adaptation as today. No one one can imagine 50 years ago that debit and credit can replace the dollars in daily life uses , so who know it might happen if we get more official adaptation and i wish to be there when it comes.

they have not yet replaced fiat (in form of paper money) and people are still using paper for their money transfers.
and bitcoin has a very long way to go and push all these competition (fiat, credit cards,...) to replace them and it is going to take forever.
but online transactions is another story in my opinion and it can replace fiat online.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Mastercon

Activity: 222

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 07:20:00 AM

they have not yet replaced fiat (in form of paper money) and people are still using paper for their money transfers.
and bitcoin has a very long way to go and push all these competition (fiat, credit cards,...) to replace them and it is going to take forever.
but online transactions is another story in my opinion and it can replace fiat online.

less than 1% of my pruchase is by using the bitcoin. I think it will take long time to reach 50% or more.
chineseprancing

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 08:45:54 AM

Fiat is still remain and will never replace by any other currency and fiat is the major currency which always used by the people, if bitcoin will have a great value more people will used thin but fiat is still there.
PsursV

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 09:18:34 AM

yes it may not be possible in present time. because about 99% people still using fiat currency. and those who are using bitcoin they also using it as a second option. so in present time it may not be possible. but i think in future if all the countries equally legalize bitcoin and people start bitcoin to use in their local market then it is possible that people will mostly replace their fiat to bitcoin.
v1ryspro

Activity: 282

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 09:28:16 AM
Last edit: July 27, 2016, 09:47:14 AM by v1ryspro

yes it may not be possible in present time. because about 99% people still using fiat currency. and those who are using bitcoin they also using it as a second option. so in present time it may not be possible. but i think in future if all the countries equally legalize bitcoin and people start bitcoin to use in their local market then it is possible that people will mostly replace their fiat to bitcoin.
I fully agree with your words. And the global economy, is ready to accept the single currency for the calculation. But the fact that the political situation in the world. It is unlikely that allow this plan come to fruition in the near future. Everyone wants to be addicted. The common currency will not allow it.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 09:28:33 AM

bitcoin means think different. the majority of the people are not ready for a great alternative as bitcoin. they follow everything their government tells them to do. even if a lot people will start to use bitcoin, nothing will change. the only entity that is able to replace fiat are the governments themselves. and they obviously won't do that.
v1ryspro

Activity: 282

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 09:41:23 AM

Fiat is still remain and will never replace by any other currency and fiat is the major currency which always used by the people, if bitcoin will have a great value more people will used thin but fiat is still there.
It is of the same opinion, and I adhere to. Hardly ever Bitcoin will replace the domestic currency of any country. It may be in the future, to simplify calculations in the international level. People and adopt the single currency. But whether it is Bitcoin, not one who can not now guarantee this.
Jmild1

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 11:08:03 AM

bitcoin means think different. the majority of the people are not ready for a great alternative as bitcoin. they follow everything their government tells them to do. even if a lot people will start to use bitcoin, nothing will change. the only entity that is able to replace fiat are the governments themselves. and they obviously won't do that.
People can't just easily change their daily living, so it means when they use bitcoin it will affect how they act in their lives. That's why more people are still suggesting fiat instead of bitcoin because that's how they use into it.
Positid

Activity: 378

BULL RUN until 2030

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 01:26:57 PM

People can't just easily change their daily living, so it means when they use bitcoin it will affect how they act in their lives. That's why more people are still suggesting fiat instead of bitcoin because that's how they use into it.
It is still good to use both so we have different alternative as a mode of payment. They are unique in kind because fiat can never be an investment unless you put it on a certain investment program but bitcoin is more precious because it is also an investment aside from being called as an online digital currency.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
Fanpant

Activity: 214

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 07:28:21 PM

In a few decades, the bitcoin or another coin, maybe Ethereum will be used widely, could even replace certain fiat.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 140 »
  Print  

Jump to: