Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:17:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Work colleagues laugh at me getting into Bitcoin  (Read 6860 times)
dk8218

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 03:53:12 PM

Bro..
My condition is also same as you..
My all colleagues tell me..
That you are wasting your time in this garbage online things..
But i know.. that i day I'll have a big market and too much profit from btc..
And will be a businessman..
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Timeline
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

TokenHouse decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 07:27:55 PM

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."
Mahatma Gandhi

lixer

Activity: 2492
Merit: 586

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 08:39:36 PM

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."
Mahatma Gandhi

Well, let them laugh. I too have friends who laugh at me because I ever I say anything about bitcoin, does that means I should stop using bitcoin? NO. So do what you feel is good for you and just leave the rest on almighty.

anthonydar

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

★CryptoGamesFX.com★

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 07:47:02 PM

Mahatma Gandhi

I think you will win in 10 years. In fact we already win, the price was 0.001 a few years ago, it is 444 now.

HarryKPeters

Activity: 896

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 08:38:04 PM

Mahatma Gandhi

I think you will win in 10 years. In fact we already win, the price was 0.001 a few years ago, it is 444 now.

In a way you have already won. Bitcoin is still here and it's healty too. Healty with a lot of volume and getiing more people interested on a daily basis.

So yes don't worry about them, laugh them in their face.

Hellacopter

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 09:51:40 PM

I think you at least honored to try supporting and advertising Bitcoin here and there even if it's not easy accepted by people till now as you noticed here, but we have to continue the work despite this difficulties
nejibens

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 05:54:34 AM

Don't worry mate, they just ignore what bitcoin's means nowadays , so they laugh as they are ignorants. Time will teach them and they will know the value of this crypto currency
nerFohanzo

Activity: 631

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 06:39:58 PM

Don't worry mate, they just ignore what bitcoin's means nowadays , so they laugh as they are ignorants. Time will teach them and they will know the value of this crypto currency

Exactly, they are laughing right now let them laugh as they are not aware what bitcoin is all about, and at the time or retirement, you would be getting retired very early and they would be still working and at that time you will be laughing at them, So if they are not tech friendly then we can't help and if they don't believe in innovative things and don't want to learn anything new we can't help them.
Watercooler

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 07:08:15 PM

In a few years they really regret not listening to you and bang with their heads against the wall  Grin

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

▓▓▓ BITMIXER.IO ▓▓▓▓▓▓ High Volume Bitcoin MIXER ▓▓▓
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 07:14:53 PM

"He who laughs last, laughs best". Wink

^^
Luqman

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 10:00:21 AM

Let people think what they want, if you believe with bitcoin then go on. "Mind is your business"

yes you right. mind your own business. just show them how much the bitcoin price right now, and someday show them how many bitcoin you have. and i'm sure they will shock.
Definitely they just regretting over the time, just because laughing at me why I believe on bitcoin. 
Luqman

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 10:01:47 AM

In a few years they really regret not listening to you and bang with their heads against the wall  Grin
Of course, then we just saw them and laugh hard over them. Would like to say "Get in there dude"  Wink
Luqman

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 10:07:19 AM

Let people think what they want, if you believe with bitcoin then go on. "Mind is your business"

But the real challenge is making them to mind on bitcoin ecosystem. I made them to think by explaining the core financial concepts of bitcoin in our conference hall just a a friends get together. Adopting or neglecting is their own wish, but I made them to keep on asking me some doubts and they are following bitcoin keenly.
Before I ignore them, after they laugh at me, I would like to tell them what bitcoin is and how bitcoin make your life easier then the choice is theirs.
anthonydar

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

★CryptoGamesFX.com★

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2016, 04:25:51 PM

yes you right. mind your own business. just show them how much the bitcoin price right now, and someday show them how many bitcoin you have. and i'm sure they will shock.
Definitely they just regretting over the time, just because laughing at me why I believe on bitcoin. 

I would be interested in see their face when the bitcoin price rise to $3000 late this year. They will regret definitely.

kheein

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

Turn your financial ideas into reality

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 04:43:56 PM

I've also told my friends about bitcoin , the potential of bitcoin from year to year , but instead of my friends laughed at me . and said it was just a waste of my time . but I do not care about my attitude . maybe someday I will laugh at them .

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Indianacoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 04:55:04 PM

I have been telling my work colleagues about bitcoin now for about 3 years and they still think its a big joke.  I dont care because i believe that some day i will be the one Laughing......  I think alot of it is people dont like things they dont understand and would rather make fun off it. 

So was just wondering has anyone else on here had similar experiences and how did you deal with it?   Wink

Same situation here with my peers. I have mentioned about bitcoin and even after making them fully understand on how it works and how it copes up with the market price, they still mocks and makes fun of me.

I also showed them my monetary profit from time to time as he price of bitcoin rose upto $400 but still they are afraid of its volatility.

Let them mock at me, I am still contented and I will laugh at them afterwards. Wink

"He who laughs last, laughs best". Wink

Ah! Fantastic Cheesy
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 06:11:24 PM

Stop telling them, keep your knowlegde to yourself for now. Because in time to come they will come to you themselve to find out more about the soul-call bitcoins.

What about you? how did you came to know about bitcoins?
Did you just accept the use of bitcoins instantly and push ahead to create wallet? Certainly, not.

I remember, going through pages of a magazine in a local library that explained on "how anyone can become a millionaire with one the fastest growing VIrtual Currency."

I spent time browsing through the pages of this book, At the end i said to myself "RUBBISH" same day i went on the internet to search for term "bitcoins"    every information i got made no meaning to me until 1-2 year's later.

Although, i regreted for not have paid perculiar attention to bitcoins in the first place. You see why you need not to blame your friend's,family or colleague at work.

Because their attention now is channel toward's something else So, for now it will make no sense to them just like buying stuff from the internet make no meaning to most people 10-year's ago.

Everybody has their own time & moment when they choose to accept things.

Thank For Coming Up with such discussion

This is the best advice you could get, just ignore them because if you tell them about it, not only they will think you are some sort of conspiracy theorist weirdo by implying we need to secure our wealth outside the system's enforced money, but after shaming you, they will come asking for help once it goes mainstream and everyone talks about it and wants to get that precious BTC.

Just keep buying while it's cheap and get a good portfolio to get ahead of the pack and them watch them cry as you become a millionaire.
dk8218

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 06:56:16 PM

My condition is also same as you..
My all colleagues tell me..
That you are wasting your time in this garbage online things..
But i know.. that i day I'll have a big market and too much profit from btc..
And will be a businessman..
To be honest I dont want to discuss bitcoin with my family,colleages and acquintances until and unless I myself have understood about it like a pro.There's no point in introducing something to someone and leaving them on a mercy of Google to find answers to there questions.I want to get as much knowledge of bitcoin as I can before discussing about it with anyone so that I can answer there questions
onemorexmr

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 07:10:24 PM

i guess i was lucky..

coworkers: very good reaction and some did invest. i still sometimes talk to them about bitcoin (i dont work anymore)
friends: it took me a few months but now most oft them own some
family: they are still very sceptical. my mother bought some and my uncle is interested in blockchain tech now.

no one every laughed at me. some did tell me i will loose money though....well i proved them wrong ;-)

(i bought my first btc at 30$ and was lucky to catch some at 3$ later - i lost most through thefts though)

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
electronicfactura

Activity: 714

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 07:13:44 PM

I think we all have faced or are facing same situation when it comes to talk about Bitcoin in front of new people.I was made fun by my friends when at the start of last year I tried to introduce Bitcoin to my friends.But I remained lucky after little effort I succeed to convey what I wanted and now some of my friends are also got involved in Bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: