Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:14:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Master-P SCAMMER. I lost complete faith in this forum now.  (Read 80672 times)
Reynaldo
Legendary

Activity: 1143
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 02:52:28 PM

This guy tried to contact me for some WU transactions, so he's actually scamming if he says he's not available for your trade.

Pictures for reference

http://imgur.com/a/RfYg4

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 02:57:36 PM

At this point I don't think it matters who believes me or not.

If I can't restore access to my wallets to return everyone's funds, or the hacker succeeds in transferring the coins out of the escrow wallets then I will compensate everyone out of my own pocket at the best of my abilities.

My reputation has been tarnished. Scammer or not, my poor security practices to allow such an event to take place has forever ruined my reputation in this community. Therefore after I have (hopefully) resolved and repaid everyone, I will be leaving this community permanently. Regardless if I get "dox'd" or not. I am not a scammer, this whole thing is just a huge misfortune for everyone including myself.

Quoting.

Anyways, can you prove that you are the true master-P. This seems really fishy hearing this even though it's worth appreciation.

Now he can't prove that he is the creator of the account , the real owner... because he sold the private keys (basically his digital identity).
He can prove the identity man by signing message from his bitcoin address posted long before he sold the account.

His digital identity was compromised 'for ever', I don't know if we will be able to prove that he is the real master-p.
Athertle

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Go figure! | I'm nearing 1337 posts...

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 02:58:02 PM

This guy tried to contact me for some WU transactions, so he's actually scamming if he says he's not available for your trade.

When, today? You might need to quote the PM, or report it to hilariousandco to prove the validity of it (although I don't think there's a need for the second option).

Reynaldo
Legendary

Activity: 1143

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 02:59:42 PM

When, today? You might need to quote the PM, or report it to hilariousandco to prove the validity of it (although I don't think there's a need for the second option).

I just deleted all the message, i doubt a quote is better than a screenshot. It was 2-3 days ago, I suggested to use tomatocage as escrow but since tomatocage didnt answer i was gonna suggest a new escrow but I just saw his negative rating so that led me here.
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 03:00:50 PM

His digital identity was compromised 'for ever', I don't know if we will be able to prove that he is the real master-p.
If he claimed to be the real master-p, someone could probably send a letter to master-p's house with a code or something inside, and then ask master-p to PM the sender the code he received in the mail, to verify that he is indeed the original master-p.
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 03:04:21 PM

I say whoever refunds the funds is the real master-p, thats the ultimate proof.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
BTC_Grinch

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 03:05:07 PM

If he claimed to be the real master-p, someone could probably send a letter to master-p's house with a code or something inside, and then ask master-p to PM the sender the code he received in the mail, to verify that he is indeed the original master-p.

He could keep it to himself.
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 03:08:09 PM

He could, but if he is really on the forums right now trying to claim that he's the original owner of the master-p account, that would be one way to verify that he is indeed the original owner. In that situation, he wouldn't benefit by keeping the code to himself.
Heutenamos

Activity: 812

Act #Neutral,Think y'self as a citizen of Universe

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 03:18:28 PM

He could, but if he is really on the forums right now trying to claim that he's the original owner of the master-p account, that would be one way to verify that he is indeed the original owner. In that situation, he wouldn't benefit by keeping the code to himself.
what is the point in it ? he is a scammer and the 99% mind washed noob's got a beautiful lesson. Undecided

yo
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 03:31:39 PM

Only saw this thread yesterday and now I managed to catch up with most of it... Pretty shocked, mainly because I've had coins escrowed with him for almost a full month up until a few days ago. Well, with him or with whoever took control of the account, if it was indeed sold/hacked. Not yet sure what happened here as there were so far 3 people claiming they are the real master-P (including one signing a message, from what I've seen) and other forum users claiming they have evidence that the account was sold, noone of which was posted as far as I saw (maybe I messed something in the middle of all these posts)

master-P's account "Last Active" was on December 28, 2015, 02:39:46 PM, so he's been around and funds have not moved, as far as I've read. Has anyone tried emailing him? If the account's owner wanted to scam he would simply move away with the funds he was controlling...

I think the hacking hypothesis is the most likely one right now, and the hacker did not manage to get away with the private keys, but I may be wrong.

As for trusted escrows, I do believe that there are still some around here, but that's an opinion for other threads. I'll definitely be following closely this one. If the account is confirmed sold... Well, then this would be the worst escrow scandal we've seen so far around here.
Assmaster2000

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 03:37:44 PM

If the account is confirmed sold... Well, then this would be the worst escrow scandal we've seen so far around here.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1306301.msg13378692
GSpgh

Activity: 532
Merit: 302

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 03:53:25 PM

If I can't restore access to my wallets to return everyone's funds, or the hacker succeeds in transferring the coins out of the escrow wallets then I will compensate everyone out of my own pocket at the best of my abilities.

My reputation has been tarnished. Scammer or not, my poor security practices to allow such an
If there is an address I can find that I used here prior to these events, or in even any transaction then I will sign it.

I will be home in less than 2 days to try what I can. If I fail to recover the wallets/funds then I will work on paying everyone back out of my own money. I won't be able to pay everyone back right away but will work towards it at the best of my ability. After all is done I will disappear from this community. Assume that the master-P account will never be in my control again if it ever resurfaces for any reason. I'm not going to bother chasing it down at this point, no reason to recover it when the hacker can basically assume my entire identity with the information they've stolen.

Ironically - your constant whining about yourself kinda shows that you might be master-p, but also that you're posting all this bs just to get the heat off

It's obvious to anyone that you don't need forum's help here, just get back home, restore wallet backup to a clean offline computer, refund coins, done

Now the glaring logic gaps... Not reporting the hack for two weeks is criminal, and it doesn't make sense for the hacker scammer to come up with the account sale story. It makes a lot more sense that you would try one exit scam (account sale) when someone threatened with dox you're trying another (hack). Please for everyone's sake prove me wrong.
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 04:05:27 PM

when someone threatened with dox you're trying another (hack). Please for everyone's sake prove me wrong.

You made a really good point here. If there is no thread about the dox then possibly he will be leaving the forums already with over 20 btc by scamming here and there. Thats a good amount of money to retire from the forum, it could take years for him to get 20 btc by keep providing his escrow service here honestly
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 04:05:49 PM

Your account has been hacked?

The password hasn't changed so why dont you log back in and sort this shit out with your master-p account?

Calling this yet more BS Angry.

I can't log in to my account so clearly the password has been changed at some point while I was gone.

Just wow. This community is so bent on throwing me under the bus without giving it a chance at getting it fixed. If nobody is willing to help then consider your coins lost because I don't know any other way to help fix this.

The only thing I can do is go back home in about a week, boot up my PC, and hopefully be able to change the passwords on my wallets before the hacker is able to export or send the coins out.

If anyone has any better ideas then please let me know. If not then I guess I am on my own and will have to wish for the best.

And even in such a dire situation, still so many sig spammers trying to bump up their post count in here.. It's a fucking shame.

This 360 seconds posting restriction sucks. I'll come back tomorrow morning, going to sleep now.

I am going to speak as if what this user says is true just so I don't look completely schizophrenic talking to him. This doesn't mean I accept his story....

As I stated before I would really much rather the victims be restored, and you go on about your life looking at this situation as a regrettable mistake rather than having you criminally prosecuted by releasing your dox. However at this point you have so completely failed to secure your identity it doesn't much matter what you say any more. At the end of the day that was your responsibility and you failed, thus this is your problem no matter how you cut it. If you can either sign a message from an old address, or start refunding some of the people who have funds held, I am willing to delay your doxing. If you can't do either of these things I am afraid you are shit out of luck.

Back to reality. None of what you say makes sense. Your stories (all of them from every "master-p") are full of holes. If the real Master-P is reading this you need to prove to me you are still here trying to fix this ASAP, and I will delay the release of your dox to give you time to compensate the victims of your negligence. This is your only chance at redemption.

Dogedigital
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 04:32:27 PM

This might help matters a bit.

*The real master P*, if you are the real masterp can you please PM me the email account that is connected to your bank account that I sent money to for the transaction that took place here (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1180592)?

Edit; An email from that address might actually be better sent to dogedigital@gmail.com as I don't believe masterp's email address has been compromised.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 04:38:42 PM

*The real master P*, if you are the real masterp can you please PM me the email account that is connected to your bank account that I sent money to for the transaction that took place here (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1180592)?

Edit; An email from that address might actually be better sent to dogedigital@gmail.com as I don't believe masterp's email address has been compromised.

If his computer was in fact compromised, this wont tell us anything.
GSpgh

Activity: 532
Merit: 302

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 04:49:43 PM

have you noticed how conveniently "real master p" changed their travel plans to match your doxing ultimatum?

i think he/she is hoping for you to extend the deadline perhaps will even send some funds out before the 1st...

I am not currently at home, and I won't be for another week or so.

I will be home in less than 2 days to try what I can.
Dogedigital
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 04:53:47 PM

What about showing the transaction from the online banking for this transaction?  I don't imagine his banking account would be compromised and the real masterp should only have access to it.
Heutenamos

Activity: 812

Act #Neutral,Think y'self as a citizen of Universe

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 04:56:55 PM

What about showing the transaction from the online banking for this transaction?  I don't imagine his banking account would be compromised and the real masterp should only have access to it.
The question is not to find the real master -P but to get the funds restored to the community.

yo
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 05:39:39 PM

i knew it.. before i read any of this.. "I wuz hacked"  Roll Eyes

gimme a fucking break.

and how exactly did this happen ?

i should hope someone on the default trust list possessed the basic ability to create a password.

what a piece of shit.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: