Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:49:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 339 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin make Banks disappear?  (Read 427559 times)
zerocharisma

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 12:41:22 PM

Bitcoin is here to stay. Banks are here from 300 yrs, so they will stay too, but in a different form.

I agree. Banks will not disappear because so many things are connected to them and it's hard to imagine that Bitcoin will take over all of those operations. 20 years from now they might disappear though.

I don't think in 20 years they disappear. Maybe it will happen in some countries but not all. Some banks are already adapting to blockchain technology so maybe they will make another way. It's really hard to say that they disappear because as we all know the government won't let that happen.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 12:58:57 PM

Bitcoin is here to stay. Banks are here from 300 yrs, so they will stay too, but in a different form.

I agree. Banks will not disappear because so many things are connected to them and it's hard to imagine that Bitcoin will take over all of those operations. 20 years from now they might disappear though.

I don't think in 20 years they disappear. Maybe it will happen in some countries but not all. Some banks are already adapting to blockchain technology so maybe they will make another way. It's really hard to say that they disappear because as we all know the government won't let that happen.

I bet in 20 years some banks will allow bitcoin service too. Aside from fiat, you can withdraw and/or deposit bitcoins.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Labumi

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 01:04:34 PM

No no no, bitcoin is so weak agains bank and goverment. Bitcoin is the best cryto currency nowdays and it's already cool to use it, why it need to make banks disapper?

true, the banks will not disappear if everyone using Bitcoin in various transactions. Because the Bank is the only safe place to store money. Most likely future Bitcoin only as means of payment are seldom far and for storage of money all the people still Trust Bank as storage of money's safest in the world. So Bitcoin will live and live. Bitcoin only as a complement and complement
senyorito123

Activity: 1736
Merit: 505

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 01:15:21 PM

No no no, bitcoin is so weak agains bank and goverment. Bitcoin is the best cryto currency nowdays and it's already cool to use it, why it need to make banks disapper?

true, the banks will not disappear if everyone using Bitcoin in various transactions. Because the Bank is the only safe place to store money. Most likely future Bitcoin only as means of payment are seldom far and for storage of money all the people still Trust Bank as storage of money's safest in the world. So Bitcoin will live and live. Bitcoin only as a complement and complement

Yeah thats true because bank is the safest place to store their money i dont think many people will stake to save their money in floating wallet online because it is prone on hacking. And bitcoin relays banks thats why bitcoin cannot make bank dissapears. And investors and people prepare banks than bitcoin wallets to do safe storing place for their hard money. Government will not allow it also because strong law is implemented on banks

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Altynbekova

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 01:27:33 PM

Banks hold much trust by many companies. I am positive they will not be able to leave their bank. It is also that bank offers services like insurance etc.
So people will use them for their insurance services.
Imoote

Activity: 714

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 02:01:28 AM

Yeah thats true because bank is the safest place to store their money i dont think many people will stake to save their money in floating wallet online because it is prone on hacking. And bitcoin relays banks thats why bitcoin cannot make bank dissapears. And investors and people prepare banks than bitcoin wallets to do safe storing place for their hard money. Government will not allow it also because strong law is implemented on banks
Yes I think it's true once you explain in detail why banks can not disappear because bitcoin. Because banks and the money is needed by the government and its role is very great. Very unlikely bitcoin can make disappear banks because banks will certainly protected by the government as a whole.
Doms

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 02:23:57 AM

I'm not trying to sound negative but there's a also a possibility that banks can make bitcoin disappear. You ask me how? Banks might come up with their own version of a regulated bitcoin like product. Since banks have been around and people see them as trustworthy companies, people would think that their money would be safer there and they would have options to choose from in terms of what they'd like to invest on.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 06:38:04 AM

Yes I think it's true once you explain in detail why banks can not disappear because bitcoin. Because banks and the money is needed by the government and its role is very great. Very unlikely bitcoin can make disappear banks because banks will certainly protected by the government as a whole.
Yeah government won't accept bitcoin legally, so it can never replace banks as banks store the country's financial holdings. Also most of the people think that banks will be safe to put their money within.

diegz

Activity: 798

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 06:49:35 AM

I'm not trying to sound negative but there's a also a possibility that banks can make bitcoin disappear. You ask me how? Banks might come up with their own version of a regulated bitcoin like product. Since banks have been around and people see them as trustworthy companies, people would think that their money would be safer there and they would have options to choose from in terms of what they'd like to invest on.

I agree with this..banks have survive years..Maybe because of adopting to new situations...So I think if bitcoin would go mainstream, banks would also think of what they can offer to counter and slow down bitcoin, so probably adoption of new technology like blockchain would be a great idea for banks...

hangar18

Activity: 676

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 01:12:00 PM

It seems that experts say that Bitcoin 'Here to Stay,' But Banks Could Disappear.

"TheStreet: How do you think FinTech will impact the way banks operate?

Frank Schwab: Banks either react on, or they will disappear. Anyway, the consolidation of the banking industry accelerates as the behaviour of people changes. Some banks will benefit from [FinTech], some will be pushed to the back end, and some will disappear."
http://www.thestreet.com/story/13419089/1/bitcoin-here-to-stay-but-banks-could-disappear-says-fintech-expert.html

What's your read on that?

It might be possible in the future but most people need to be using bitcoin daily
sempak

Activity: 1638
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 01:14:02 PM

yes, bitcoin is a revolutionary. bitcoin has many advantages compared with banks. I was very pleased with bitcoin, and bitcoin better than banks. banks will lose a place in the public eye.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Imoote

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 07:39:42 AM

yes, bitcoin is a revolutionary. bitcoin has many advantages compared with banks. I was very pleased with bitcoin, and bitcoin better than banks. banks will lose a place in the public eye.
No, it's not going to happen. Because banks are a long way compared bitcoin and banks have got a place in society. Now as proving there are still many people who exchange bitcoin she got into currency and send it to the banks. It is a proof that bitcoin could not make banks disappear. Bitcoin very difficult for banks to make disappear. The important thing now is bitcoin capable of progressing.
akosimakulit

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 07:57:51 AM

Absolutely not. Bitcoin can be a great currency on the online field and for conducting transactions throughout the world.
Zaduca

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 08:08:14 AM

bitcoin and the associated block chain can cost the cost of banks and make them more profit. Banks will adopt it eventually.
n0ne

Activity: 2562
Merit: 548

8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2016, 08:45:22 AM

That won't happen, however the technology grow there will be certain people who depend upon banking. When bitcoin goes mainstream only the users who were aware of digital growth use it.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
Erzatium

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 08:50:06 AM

Bitcoin will make only the banks disappear if Bitcoin is the most used payment method in the world otherwise it would be not possible because it is not most used now.
And it can be only possible later in the future when the value is rising also because otherwise people will not use it.
Scottoshi

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 09:12:57 AM

The banks most certainly are aware of the risk of getting 'Uber'ed' themselves, but they wouldn't admit it outright and have to maintain an image of forward-thinkers and protectors of "public welfare" and "market stability".

ECB said:

We will have to reflect to what extent it affects our role as the trusted third party for the settlement of payments and securities in central bank money, or as the issuer of risk free base money as anchor of monetary policy.

https://news.bitcoin.com/central-banks-fedspeak-bitcoin-fear/
matanx

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 09:37:24 AM

i think bitcoin do not make bank disappear but it make company to be a bank more easy.
for example, ANX in Hong Kong provide debit card and bitcoin saving. in my view it like bank
waltercoin2016

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 09:49:57 AM

I don't think it can... Rather I would predict to be a co-existing situation with bitcoins and banks. For example, I am using HSBC while I am using ANX, no conflict with each other.
Imoote

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 04:49:11 AM

i think bitcoin do not make bank disappear but it make company to be a bank more easy.
for example, ANX in Hong Kong provide debit card and bitcoin saving. in my view it like bank
Yes bitcoin really can not compete with banks because banks are not going to disappear any time until disappearing because if will affect the country's economy. But if the banks with bitcoin work together it would be good in my opinion.
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 339 »
  Print  

Jump to: