Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 11:48:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: "Bitcoin is Dead" - Mike Hearn  (Read 17567 times)
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 09:45:33 AM

Had to wake up and make a note here Bitcoin IS NOT DEAD How many damn obituaries do we need before we cook the goose adds one more to bitcoin obituaries if I had a Btc for each time someone said it was dead.
Yes there are issues and we will resolve them as a community not a dictatorship and in the end the Nodes will decide the future but we need 1mb solved.

It is a sad day when a dev still wants to disrepute Btc because they did not get their way, that said end game tx fees are meant to replace mining block revenue and the incentive system does appear to contrast with the idea of 0 cost transactions as a community we are at a crossroad to move towards more usage, in effect more MB or to remain the same and retain a higher sending cost to end users at this stage an increase in size and scale leads to more money for all.

But there are always peculiarities in Pareto optimal conclusions in essence we leave China behind and their miners going forward if we do not make a small MB increase but large ones.
"But if the Bitcoin network got more popular, they fear taking part would get too difficult and they’d lose their income stream. This gives them a perverse financial incentive to actually try and stop Bitcoin becoming popular."

Anyways my money is leaning towards two solid Forks its getting grim.
https://forum.bitcoin.com/topic4847.html?sid=0f192a154a78576b87614da0fa42eeab

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
newcoins1978

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 09:51:48 AM

Bitcoin is not dead at all. Quite the opposite actually.
The bitcoin market is always moving up or down.
As long as I see that happening, it's not dead at all.
People just love to bring out negative stuff about bitcoin.
gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 09:59:19 AM

we need this childish FUD to get volatility so I can take everyones money by my new trading past time hehe

To peel or not to peel.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 10:06:46 AM

Everyone is saying that bitcoin is dead and all the old folks are here spamming "btc is not dead it can't die".

I's say both parties won't see it coming. It's all a question of the faith you have in this technology and nakamoto vision of a currency.

You see a lot of Obituaries if your here long enough albeit there are issues 88 counted so far and rising but your right Faith in Satoshi over faith in the Devs is a factor also most of the drama has been hidden for a while so its coming back again.

https://99bitcoins.com/bitcoinobituaries/

In regards to Hearns Double Spend background info
http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/10733/what-is-replace-by-fee

It's a method that allows replacing an already transmitted transaction by transmitting another transaction with a higher fee. This only works on transactions before they are signed by miners (0-confirmations).

More info, nothing like Dev Conflict to wake you up from napping
https://medium.com/@octskyward/replace-by-fee-43edd9a1dd6d#.d0qiz8h6z
https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/3ujc4m/consensus_jgarzik_rbf_would_be_antisocial_on_the/

Decent convo
https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/40zjsx/mike_hearn_the_bitcoin_believer_who_gave_up/

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 10:08:14 AM

What alt coin does Mike Hemaroid have"?

To peel or not to peel.
chennuan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 10:17:06 AM

No, you don't know what will happen in the future.
2015 bitcoin lowest price is $2015,now the price is $420, up to $500,You don't know what will happen next, the bitcoin may reach 1000$.

Bitcoin is over. Give up the crack pipe and open our eyes.
BTC  @ $1000 is a pipe dream.

its not a pipe dream if someone has to convince you that it is
Mike said the three problem is the objective existence of
But some people think that he is so pessimistic because of the failure of XT,bitcoin future may not be so bad

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 10:18:52 AM

What alt coin does Mike Hemaroid have"?

heh......no conflict of interest here (will edit my previous post) sheesh....

http://www.bizjournals.com/newyork/news/2015/11/20/bitcoin-core-developer-joins-blockchain-consortium.html

blockchain development for banks.....but btc centralization by miners in china is 'evil' ....again sheesh

I will be however 'concerned' if a bunch of other previous 'bitcoin core devs' wander off in the same manner ...in a huff.....that would say much

I myself say we all take a 'vote' and give the bitcoin dev to Charlie Lee the Litecoin Founder.....hell it is boring as hell over there..they plod their mods etc
but at least NO drama Smiley

(actually that is not a bad idea....if/when our future alien overlords and masters decide this ...only way it would happen) Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 10:29:58 AM

Whenever I read some one is saying that Bitcoin is "dead", then it just shows that these people have no idea what they are talking about. Let the dude leave and work on shitty altcoin projects. The more people say Bitcoin is going to fail, the more I keep believing in its future. Something that grows to unseen levels has a lot enemies, and it shows....
doublemore

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 10:38:12 AM

Whenever I read some one is saying that Bitcoin is "dead", then it just shows that these people have no idea what they are talking about. Let the dude leave and work on shitty altcoin projects. The more people say Bitcoin is going to fail, the more I keep believing in its future. Something that grows to unseen levels has a lot enemies, and it shows....

Andreas tweeted out "I just found out that bitcoin failed. Oh well, I'll figure out something else to do." lol

I think any price drop was most likely other reasons and a few groups just try to get a buy back spot a little lower.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 10:42:53 AM

The original bitcoin has failed, whatever bitcoin is becoming is not what it was envisioned by its creator, the original project Mike worked on is no longer.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 10:48:59 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2016, 01:01:58 PM by iCEBREAKER

Andreas tweeted out "I just found out that bitcoin failed. Oh well, I'll figure out something else to do." lol

#HearnBurns now trending...

Mike Komaransky ‏@mkomaransky
Bitcoin Hearn Paradox- With him, consensus is hard to reach, btc suffers. w/o him, consensus is easy to reach, bitcoin prospers.he can't win

Ben Davenport ‏@bendavenport
Farewell to Mike Hearn, who says he's leaving Bitcoin. Try not to let your ego hit you on the way out.

Zaki Manian ‏@zmanian
It's generally bad form to leave a organization/company/community and then shit on it in the New York Times....

Michael Goldstein ‏@bitstein
Bitcoin is dead & everyone not Hearn killed it. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? Sell all coins cheaply to me

Bram Cohen ‏@bramcohen
That was one whiny ragequit. He's epically wrong on almost all technical points.

NYT: The Bitcoin Believer Who Gave Up
iCEBREAKER: The Bankster Shitlord Who Rage Quit

Dear Mikey,
On behalf of Master Satoshi, we accept your unconditional surrender.   Cool

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 10:54:14 AM

I think any price drop was most likely other reasons and a few groups just try to get a buy back spot a little lower.

This isn't the first time we come close to very low $400. It's pure manipulation like always. Those who haven't bought yet because they were waiting for the price to come down a little more should do it now. Otherwise they will end up seeing the price go up while they haven't bought anything. Cheesy

The original bitcoin has failed, whatever bitcoin is becoming is not what it was envisioned by its creator, the original project Mike worked on is no longer.

Satoshi left and other people took over the project. It's not a surprise that it's not going in the exact direction that Satoshi had in mind. You have to deal with different people and all these people may disagree with each other on several important subjects, take the blocksize drama as example. I am happy to see where Bitcoin is standing right now, all these shills will attempt to disrupt things with their fud, but they will always lose.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 10:59:00 AM

Satoshi left and other people took over the project. It's not a surprise that it's not going in the exact direction that Satoshi had in mind. You have to deal with different people and all these people may disagree with each other on several important subjects, take the blocksize drama as example. I am happy to see where Bitcoin is standing right now, all these shills will attempt to disrupt things with their fud, but they will always lose.

Then these people should make their own altcoin, not hijack bitcoin's development and turn bitcoin into their own altcoin.

It's reasonable that all of us who bought into bitcoin because of its original vision to feel betrayed when seeing what it is being turned into, much more for someone like Mike who gave 5 years of his life to this project.

crazywack
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 11:12:53 AM

Between this and the cryptsy news lies the answere to the price drop. I stopped listening to Hearn a while ago. XT was a joke and an attempt at BTC take over IMO. P don't let the door hit you on the way out....

mxnsch

Activity: 471
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 12:26:20 PM

Well said, although i think Bitcoin Core could definitely make use of some capable programmers and community managers now.

██  ███  nope ██  ███
spooderman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 12:58:03 PM

yet another obituary. rip in peace mike you child.

Society doesn't scale.
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 01:06:56 PM

Between this and the cryptsy news lies the answere to the price drop. I stopped listening to Hearn a while ago. XT was a joke and an attempt at BTC take over IMO. P don't let the door hit you on the way out....

BTC is already took over by few exchangers and mining companies(China). So, it;s the same Smiley

If you have BTC, sell it now and wait for better times.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 01:20:28 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2016, 01:39:11 PM by Rampion

This is the strongest BUY signal I've seen since I'm into Bitcoin (end of 2012).

It would be SO good for crypto if mike hearn leaves the space for good to be focused on private databases for banks and whatnot.

That medium post really made me happy - thanks Mike, now keep your word and GTFO.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 01:43:38 PM

This is the strongest BUY signal I've witnessed since I'm into Bitcoin (end of 2012).

It would be SO good for crypto if mike hearn leaves the space for good to be focused on private databases for banks and whatnot.

That medium post really made me happy - thanks Mike, now keep your word and GTFO.

Mikey's Goodbye Cruel Bitcoin story made me as happy as when XT was launched, only to be immediately nuked by DDOS.   Cool

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 01:49:11 PM

Well, his story + Cryptsy bankrupt = - 50 usd per 1 btc in few hours   Smiley

many people are losing a lot of money already and they will lose more if they won't sell.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: