Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:06:04 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 85 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WARP - Something different - VPN Wallet BETA Release - Bittrex/YoBit  (Read 115957 times)
riceberry

Activity: 491
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 02:18:30 PM

Yeah, sounds legit. Also I think the problem is if you get coins for free, often they are just dumped at the exchanges. If it costs you value from the begin, like the crowdsale here or think about IOTA crowdsale, the community cares more about it, because they have invested real money and not just some clicks.

Good luck!

Yeah, the thing is that I'm not "buying" any WARP from the sale. Like you say, it would be for free. I won't have any coins to dump. So it makes sense to me that I recover a bit of the money and time invested so far.
It's not like charity or something! Smiley I hope this is clear and that you agree.

How much of the crowdsale funds will you use to 'recover a bit of the money and time invested so far', and how much will be towards further development?
shapetwist (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 02:23:18 PM

Yeah, sounds legit. Also I think the problem is if you get coins for free, often they are just dumped at the exchanges. If it costs you value from the begin, like the crowdsale here or think about IOTA crowdsale, the community cares more about it, because they have invested real money and not just some clicks.

Good luck!

Yeah, the thing is that I'm not "buying" any WARP from the sale. Like you say, it would be for free. I won't have any coins to dump. So it makes sense to me that I recover a bit of the money and time invested so far.
It's not like charity or something! Smiley I hope this is clear and that you agree.

How much of the crowdsale funds will you use to 'recover a bit of the money and time invested so far', and how much will be towards further development?

I'm not sure, haven't made calculations yet on how much it was spent. Not looking to fully cover it either, but it would be fair to get some back or not? Maybe I can ask what you guys think?

$APX - AstroPepeX - 1st AI developed ETH token
pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 02:26:28 PM

This is great reading - I like the interview!

http://thecryptoworld.org/warp-something-different

Well done!

pokeytex
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 02:27:53 PM

Good luck!

I'm not sure, haven't made calculations yet on how much it was spent. Not looking to fully cover it either, but it would be fair to get some back or not? Maybe I can ask what you guys think?

I don't mind you recovering some - however I would like to see some transparency when the time comes.  Also, I would like to see a significant supply of Warp in your wallet.  Tongue

riceberry

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 02:33:54 PM

Good luck!

I don't mind you recovering some - however I would like to see some transparency when the time comes.  Also, I would like to see a significant supply of Warp in your wallet.  Tongue

This sounds reasonable. If you take btc from the crowdfunding to just go buy WARP off the market, isn't that the same as getting warp for free? Then you might as well join the crowdfunding with your btc now, and recover that btc after by taking it from the crowdsale.

I want to see you have a good amount of warp in your wallet too. Gives some confidence that you will continue to work on it for the sake of your WARP.
shapetwist (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 02:46:08 PM

This sounds reasonable. If you take btc from the crowdfunding to just go buy WARP off the market, isn't that the same as getting warp for free? Then you might as well join the crowdfunding with your btc now, and recover that btc after by taking it from the crowdsale.

I want to see you have a good amount of warp in your wallet too. Gives some confidence that you will continue to work on it for the sake of your WARP.

I have btc of my own to invest in my own project. I can't go and take development funds to buy coins back from you. Of course a little part of it has to pay some of my work.
Transparency has been here since the beginning. I believe that is one of the main reasons you felt comfortable to invest!

Yes, expect to see me accumulating WARP Smiley

riceberry

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 05:51:14 PM

* And by the way, this project was self funded so far. I don't intend to earn anything directly from the crowdfunding. Funding will allow to develop apps and services that generate value.

You don't intend to earn anything directly from crowdfunding? Did you change your mind and now you want some? Just curious.
shapetwist (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 06:13:14 PM

* And by the way, this project was self funded so far. I don't intend to earn anything directly from the crowdfunding. Funding will allow to develop apps and services that generate value.

You don't intend to earn anything directly from crowdfunding? Did you change your mind and now you want some? Just curious.

Correct. I didn't change my mind and now want some. The funds won't go to my pocket, I won't profit from it. I invested btc in the project like you guys, because I believed it would be successful and that would be funded to continue development.
Are you saying that I can't use funds to pay for stuff that was already developed? So I'm losing here. Remember, I don't have WARP. You are buying WARP.

riceberry

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 06:23:01 PM

Correct. I didn't change my mind and now want some. The funds won't go to my pocket, I won't profit from it. I invested btc in the project like you guys, because I believed it would be successful and that would be funded to continue development.
Are you saying that I can't use funds to pay for stuff that was already developed? So I'm losing here. Remember, I don't have WARP. You are buying WARP.

Thanks for the clarification. I hope you can buy a nice sum of WARP so that you can continue development when the price starts to rise. It needs to get on exchanges first though.
shapetwist (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 06:37:35 PM

Thanks for the clarification. I hope you can buy a nice sum of WARP so that you can continue development when the price starts to rise. It needs to get on exchanges first though.

No problem!

About that, I'm writing a proper document to send to various exchanges. They value innovation and contribution to technology, and I will be presenting my view about WARP and how it contributes to the crypto scene, specifically the importance of usability and the integration of apps in-client. I will publish it too once it's sent. I strongly disagree on paying fees to get listed, by the way.

For everybody that invested, tomorrow is an important day. It can be the difference between just barely making it or having room to more exciting developments/services/features. If you have time, join our slack - which is getting pretty active - and check on Twitter, Reddit, etc.

pokeytex
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 06:42:26 PM

No problem!

About that, I'm writing a proper document to send to various exchanges. They value innovation and contribution to technology, and I will be presenting my view about WARP and how it contributes to the crypto scene, specifically the importance of usability and the integration of apps in-client. I will publish it too once it's sent. I strongly disagree on paying fees to get listed, by the way.

For everybody that invested, tomorrow is an important day. It can be the difference between just barely making it or having room to more exciting developments/services/features. If you have time, join our slack - which is getting pretty active - and check on Twitter, Reddit, etc.

@shapetwist - you may want to checkout - cryptopia - I agree that Bittrex and Poloniex are the best exchanges out there but I have some experience using Cryptopia and they are easy and responsive.  Might be worth a check out.  Also, is there any way to let us know if we are near the BTC goal?  What is the amount of BTC needed for this project to come to fruition?  That number will be helpful for those of us on the edge?

Thanks - pokeytex

shapetwist (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 06:48:13 PM

@shapetwist - you may want to checkout - cryptopia - I agree that Bittrex and Poloniex are the best exchanges out there but I have some experience using Cryptopia and they are easy and responsive.  Might be worth a check out.  Also, is there any way to let us know if we are near the BTC goal?  What is the amount of BTC needed for this project to come to fruition?  That number will be helpful for those of us on the edge?

Thanks - pokeytex

I'll look into it.

Let me put it like this, with 2 days left and 9.8 btc raised so far, I strongly believe the crowdfunding will be a success!

pokeytex
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 07:19:39 PM

Thanks - pokeytex

I'll look into it.

Let me put it like this, with 2 days left and 9.8 btc raised so far, I strongly believe the crowdfunding will be a success!

Looks like they have (2) ways - you can buy your way in for about .9 BTC or you can do a community vote.  Take a look.

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Home/Voting

Thanks - pokeytex

Bobekko

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 07:27:24 PM

Not really the same when all the btc goes straight back to you is it? Some people never learn.

shapetwist (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 07:29:41 PM

Not really the same when all the btc goes straight back to you is it? People never learn.

By "I invested btc in the project like you guys", I mean my own btc, before I even presented the project. I had a professional designer, I did research, I hired people for small tasks, I bought domain, servers.
What is wrong with that?

warper

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2016, 07:32:16 PM

Not really the same when all the btc goes straight back to you is it? People never learn.

By "I invested btc in the project like you guys", I mean my own btc, before I even presented the project. I had a professional designer, I did research, I hired people for small tasks, I bought domain, servers.
What is wrong with that?

Not only BTC, but OP invested his time and efforts with the works developed up to now, if I may give my opinion. He deserves a remuneration.
Bobekko

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 07:34:41 PM

What is wrong with that?

The problem with every ico is that the person running it can buy as many of the tokens as they want for free since the btc goes straight back to them. Which is why every ico is inherently suspect/a scam.

shapetwist (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 07:45:42 PM

The problem with every ico is that the person running it can buy as many of the tokens as they want for free since the btc goes straight back to them. Which is why every ico is inherently suspect/a scam.

I know that very well. That is why I have pledged not to do so from the beginning. I have put up a buying system that allows everybody to check transactions themselves and report unusual behavior. Transactions are not really anonymous and you know that. If this ICO was on an exchange, you had no way of controlling the addresses.
I understand your concerns, but I'm doing everything out in the open. I bought an hardware wallet to safely store the funds offline and let people see where they go by posting the address once they are there.

And I know that scams are the usual thing around here. That's why I started this. I'm gonna prove that wrong. No hiding, no moderated threads, no bullshit. I even offered Bittrex my proof of ID.
Investors are safe, and I will deliver.

pokeytex
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 07:53:39 PM

Congratulations on 10.3 BTC level hit!

shapetwist (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 08:27:35 PM

Congratulations on 10.3 BTC level hit!

Nice barrier to hit!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 85 »
  Print  

Jump to: