Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:13:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WARP - Something different - VPN Wallet BETA Release - Bittrex/YoBit  (Read 115956 times)
pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 11:29:30 PM

In case anyone NEW in here reads the FUD post above - one important thing to note about this coin is that the DEV did not receive a single coin in the crowd sale!  The DEV purchased all of his coins from the exchange like anyone new coming into the coin!  That should tell you all something!  Just FYI...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gotthemeaning

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 12:04:53 AM

In case anyone NEW in here reads the FUD post above - one important thing to note about this coin is that the DEV did not receive a single coin in the crowd sale!  The DEV purchased all of his coins from the exchange like anyone new coming into the coin!  That should tell you all something!  Just FYI...

Only fools will dump
They can just look at top addresses  on richlist  only getting bigger they know whats up

ozboy2014

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 12:35:24 AM

only approx 1 mil coins?
riceberry

Activity: 491

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 12:37:04 AM

only approx 1 mil coins?
1 094 500 were released from the crowdsale. Only a max of 1 618 000 will exist I believe (golden ratio).
ozboy2014

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 01:05:32 AM

only approx 1 mil coins?
1 094 500 were released from the crowdsale. Only a max of 1 618 000 will exist I believe (golden ratio).

Thanks// what's this about side-chain?
Maxikosw

Activity: 151

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 01:57:06 AM

only approx 1 mil coins?

Thanks// what's this about side-chain?

Its just hypothetical talk abouth future WARP feature ideas. Its not coming atm.

ozboy2014

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 03:05:52 AM

In-wallet VPN with in-wallet trading? That would automate China dial in
l8nit3
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 04:04:39 AM

just wondering, for winblows 7 and the 1.0.5 wallet, is there an .ovpn file I should be using for the openvpn config? or should I just have to have openvpn installed and start the in-wallet vpn function?
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 04:58:53 AM

Observing what is going on here I get the same feeling as with Axiom (where I lost some). The warp dev also seems to be outsourcing his dev work, which in itself is not a problem, just that it creates more risk especially if the 3rd party is not joining the party. At some stage also the funds will run out. It just seems that the excuses are lame - in the old days "the dog ate the homework" and today "the Internet was down".

I would like to see warp being successful just like anyone else, I am just observing the warning signs.
Pito001

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 07:01:28 AM

Observing what is going on here I get the same feeling as with Axiom (where I lost some). The warp dev also seems to be outsourcing his dev work, which in itself is not a problem, just that it creates more risk especially if the 3rd party is not joining the party. At some stage also the funds will run out. It just seems that the excuses are lame - in the old days "the dog ate the homework" and today "the Internet was down".

I would like to see warp being successful just like anyone else, I am just observing the warning signs.

And if you read between the lines you see "I want to buy cheaper WARP"  Cheesy Or maybe just impatient? Quite clever I must say, almost sold some... ALMOST  Cool

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
bep42

Activity: 910

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 07:47:57 AM

And if you read between the lines you see "I want to buy cheaper WARP"  Cheesy Or maybe just impatient? Quite clever I must say, almost sold some... ALMOST  Cool

Grin
Exactly the same though than you!
shapetwist (OP)

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 08:20:57 AM

There's no outsourcing here. The vpn developer has become part of the team but prefers to stay anon. He has little patience for this forum, which I understand.

Instead of releasing a non-working beta I did the most sensitive thing which was to postpone it until it works and to deliver an earlier version - so you see this is not vaporware.
Or should I get a lame excuse instead? Ok, I forgot my magic wand in the back of Satoshi's super golden yacht-plane.

$APX - AstroPepeX - 1st AI developed ETH token
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 10:04:35 AM

There's no outsourcing here. The vpn developer has become part of the team but prefers to stay anon. He has little patience for this forum, which I understand.

Instead of releasing a non-working beta I did the most sensitive thing which was to postpone it until it works and to deliver an earlier version - so you see this is not vaporware.
Or should I get a lame excuse instead? Ok, I forgot my magic wand in the back of Satoshi's super golden yacht-plane.

People are so impatient. But for most of us it's just another coin to buy low and sell high. For you it's like a child that has to grow and develop.

Don't feel rushed, just keep your own pace. It's ready when it's ready.
Maxikosw

Activity: 151

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 10:05:54 AM

jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 02:34:15 PM

Guys, I am all for taking as long as necessary to develop something and getting one's ducks in a row, even if it takes a year. In the ugly world of virtual currencies there is very little that can be done to assess devs and whether they are above board or not. One of the few things that can be looked at is actions and if a promise is made if the promise is kept. I am therefore a strong believer in less is more. If a dev is working on something then dont give a fixed deadline unless you have the resources to deliver - project management 101. Rather talk about in the next few weeks or couple of months or when it is ready or keep a low profile. If you want to be loud, fine, but have the resources in place to make good then on what you say.

Lets look at 2 scenarios:

Dev A:
Ill deliver feature X by next Monday. On Monday the dev posts his dev did not have access to the internet. By Wednesday he is sick. By Friday who knows? People get anxious and start to ask questions. Dev finally delivers by the next Monday.

Dev B:
Ill deliver over the next few weeks or so. Monday in 2 weeks the dev delivers and makes a post with the links. Everyone claps hands for the dev for delivering.

Both achieve the same delivery date but dev B has also achieved some credibility whereas dev A has lost credibility.

I re-iterate that I would like to see warp succeed, but I have lost twice recently with coins where the dev starts with excuses after making promises and it turned out to be a duck. Apologies for saying if something looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and walks like a duck that it probably is a duck. It is possible though that it could not be a duck, but statistics in virtual currencies are heavily against that. I would appreciate if the dev can work on his delivery statements and rather make statements when the delivery is ready for release or then if he decides to make a promise, to keep to it. It is not my coin though so I have no say in how dev wants to run things. It is important to make sure that there is nothing that could make the public think it is a duck (perhaps mistakenly), especially if the coin has the potential to get onto a big exchange like Polo and if the dev team wants to be taken seriously. This actually makes me think that I tweeted Polo to consider warp a few hours before the promised release which then did not happen (which in hind-sight was premature). This should be enough evidence that my intentions are pure.
pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 03:12:08 PM

Guys, I am all for taking as long as necessary to develop something and getting one's ducks in a row, even if it takes a year. In the ugly world of virtual currencies there is very little that can be done to assess devs and whether they are above board or not. One of the few things that can be looked at is actions and if a promise is made if the promise is kept. I am therefore a strong believer in less is more. If a dev is working on something then dont give a fixed deadline unless you have the resources to deliver - project management 101. Rather talk about in the next few weeks or couple of months or when it is ready or keep a low profile. If you want to be loud, fine, but have the resources in place to make good then on what you say.

Dev A:
Ill deliver feature X by next Monday. On Monday the dev posts his dev did not have access to the internet. By Wednesday he is sick. By Friday who knows? People get anxious and start to ask questions. Dev finally delivers by the next Monday.

Dev B:
Ill deliver over the next few weeks or so. Monday in 2 weeks the dev delivers and makes a post with the links. Everyone claps hands for the dev for delivering.

Both achieve the same delivery date but dev B has also achieved some credibility whereas dev A has lost credibility.

I re-iterate that I would like to see warp succeed, but I have lost twice recently with coins where the dev starts with excuses after making promises and it turned out to be a duck. Apologies for saying if something looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and walks like a duck that it probably is a duck. It is possible though that it could not be a duck, but statistics in virtual currencies are heavily against that. I would appreciate if the dev can work on his delivery statements and rather make statements when the delivery is ready for release or then if he decides to make a promise, to keep to it. It is not my coin though so I have no say in how dev wants to run things. It is important to make sure that there is nothing that could make the public think it is a duck (perhaps mistakenly), especially if the coin has the potential to get onto a big exchange like Polo and if the dev team wants to be taken seriously. This actually makes me think that I tweeted Polo to consider warp a few hours before the promised release which then did not happen (which in hind-sight was premature). This should be enough evidence that my intentions are pure.

This is a well thought - well articulated point.  I don't know @shapetwist personally but I do know he will respond with another well thought - well articulated response.  You make a lot of sense and you are right.  I always say "Under promise and over deliver!".  I am not making excuses for @shapetwist but I do read the slack a lot - he is constantly working on this coin! - pokeytex

Dexter12

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 03:15:41 PM

Dev A:

Dev B:

Good points JC.

Deliver when you are ready, but do not give deadlines!
bep42

Activity: 910

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 03:19:40 PM

I think you're totally right c12345.
Btw, are you on Slack? Shape, gave us the "why" and it was not just excuses.
Pokeytex said, he'll reply to u as smart as your post soon.
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 03:35:51 PM

I like to submit a feature request for the future: decentralized DNS (like Namecoin) with .WARP extension.

So someotherwebsite.warp links to IP 123.123.123.123

The new World Wide Warp !!!
shapetwist (OP)

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 03:37:07 PM

Dev A:

Dev B:

I read your reply and I am sure of your good intentions. However, I really think most of you are making a big deal out of this beta testing release.

Yes, it makes sense that I am judged according to other devs performances, since you have nothing else to compare to. But you are questioning my credibility for deciding to postpone the launch of non-working binaries. I have announced in good faith - not to be loud. And when I did, I had working binaries for both Linux and Windows. Since then, small changes were made to the code in order to protect WARP, and the free use of the wallets' VPN function. Shit happens and windows has a hard time compile the new code.

Noise is something I don't want to bother much with. I am the same guy that ran a successful ICO with no escrow, the same guy that is doing what he promised from off the beginning. If I have to compromise a few days in order to succeed, I will.

Again, this is just a public beta testing. Untested software works like this. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. It's not my fault if this beta release is being hyped. Being that the case, you should demand explanations from whoever hypes it, and not from me.

$APX - AstroPepeX - 1st AI developed ETH token
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  

Jump to: