Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:55:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ToominCoin aka "Bitcoin_Classic" #R3KT  (Read 157058 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 12:47:53 AM

i truly do understand

Yes we know

http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#bitcoin-dev

Walls of the bandwagon crumbling already  Huh Huh

Well that lasted almost as long as KnC's brief commitment to XT/101.

ToominCoin support is a mile wide and an inch deep.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 01:10:59 AM

Whiny Ragequitting

I characterized Mike Hearn’s farewell essay as a ‘whiny ragequit’. I did this because it is, well, a whiny ragequit. He attempted a hostile takeover of Bitcoin with Bitcoin-XT, and now that he’s predictably been made to feel like persona non grata in Bitcoin development he’s throwing a tantrum on his way out.

https://medium.com/@bramcohen/whiny-ragequitting-cab164b1e88#.jzgscxsoz

Ouch.  Hearn better put some ice on that burn.

people who are best at science and engineering have generally neglected their skills at public rhetoric

And that's why it's up to people like brg444 and myself to have their backs when the mob starts howling for heads on pikes.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 01:20:18 AM

https://medium.com/@bramcohen/whiny-ragequitting-cab164b1e88#.p36xki7ew

Brammm cohennn THROUGH THE TABLES!!

There is overwhelming alignment among people doing Bitcoin development on the path forward. The popular perception of internal division is caused by having a camp consisting of Mike Hearn, Jeff Garzik, and Gavin Andresen who are doing a good job of whipping up popular support and talking to the press.

Compounding the problem is Gavin’s previous role as the public face of Bitcoin and the journalistic fetish for ‘impartiality’, which frequently means that anyone who has a strong opinion is ‘biased’, so ‘equal time’ is given to the ‘two sides’, without considering the possibility that if one side is a small minority who the experts are all strongly opposed to it might be because they are, you know, wrong.

The anti-intellectual, soundbite-driven side will always come off sounding better, while the side which gives appropriate caveats and states flatly that there’s overwhelming evidence for certain facts will come across as wishy-washy and condescending. The truth is usually the exact opposite. The real world tends to be complicated.

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
danielW

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 01:42:10 AM

Segwit Softfork to 2mb >>>> hardfork to 2mb.

Even if its not the case (it can be debated) the details are not that important. Who cares if we do segwit through hardfork or softfork in grand scheme of things (which is what Gavin was concern trolling about).

Insignificant differences like this do not justify the chaos created in trying to have hard fork cirumventing all prior development processes and without consensus. This will mean dolldrums for bitcoin price over the next year.

Instead we could all unite under the roadmap which is certainly good enough. This would bring stability and the Bitcoin ecosystem can continue to move forward.

This is just a power grab backed by developers and companies from blockchain alliance trying to decrease the influence of cypherpunks.

Turing bitcoin into paypal 2.0 might be good for coinbase which needs to be on the good side of regulators, but its not good for Bitcoin users and its price. It lowers bitcoins potential.

SAY NO TO BLOCKCHAIN ALLIANCE TAKING OVER BITCOIN
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 02:08:47 AM

I've been following the discussion on reddit, and I see erik voorhes all over the place pointing out how segwit is "too complex" compared to a 2mb hard fork. It seems he's just trying to find excuses to hard fork:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/418sza/promotion_of_client_software_which_attempts_to/cz0nz4y

danielW

Activity: 277

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 02:23:28 AM

To do that we must first break the monopoly/centrally planned economy/committee of core by moving to classic.
https://twitter.com/brian_armstrong/status/688395414525972480

Brian leading the charge in the takeover attempt. Using lying propagandist language like centrally planned/committee, while the plan is simply to increase his control and influence.

Yet his business gets promoted by bitcoin.org. It does not deserve to be there. He is a threat to Bitcoin.
iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 03:39:47 AM

To do that we must first break the monopoly/centrally planned economy/committee of core by moving to classic.

Brian leading the charge in the takeover attempt. Using lying propagandist language like centrally planned/committee, while the plan is simply to increase his control and influence.

Yet his business gets promoted by bitcoin.org. It does not deserve to be there. He is a threat to Bitcoin.

Brian, a threat to Bitcoin?  In his Pointy-Headed CEO dreams!

More like a threat to social injustice.  LOL.

^Justus R is the libertarian that famously declared "Anyone who isn’t actively working to expand and empower the informal economy is wasting their time" in his "Only the Black Markets Matter" essay.

Can't wait to see how he gets along with the regulation loving, jackboot licking, left-wing statist SJWs of the 'let's stop Bitcoin criminals' Blockchain Alliance!

Dis gon be gud....  Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 07:48:45 AM

Brian, a threat to Bitcoin?  In his Pointy-Headed CEO dreams!

More like a threat to social injustice.  LOL.

^Justus R is the libertarian that famously declared "Anyone who isn’t actively working to expand and empower the informal economy is wasting their time" in his "Only the Black Markets Matter" essay.

Can't wait to see how he gets along with the regulation loving, jackboot licking, left-wing statist SJWs of the 'let's stop Bitcoin criminals' Blockchain Alliance!

Dis gon be gud....  Cheesy

some strange bedfellows this episode in technical exploration has made ... gonna be some serious lulzmilk flowing from the Classic dairy factory, and plenty of derivative humour too.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 08:47:45 AM

i now await lauda's detailed and technical description of how segwit actually works
-snip-
Do I look like your professor? Unless you're willing to pay me to answer weird questions (which require extensive research) then I'm not going to waste my time. Your understanding is flawed and that is a fact. We've already told you where you should go and ask for an explanation:

Walls of the bandwagon crumbling already  Huh Huh
Cheesy. Please add this to the OP.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 08:56:56 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2016, 09:08:48 AM by marcus_of_augustus

wheels falling off the Classic wagon already? put it up on the free market to decide

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 05:19:26 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2016, 12:13:06 AM by franky1

Do I look like your professor? Unless you're willing to pay me to answer weird questions (which require extensive research) then I'm not going to waste my time. Your understanding is flawed and that is a fact. We've already told you where you should go and ask for an explanation:

so you have admitted defeat,

i have already got the explanations FROM MANY SOURCES and now you have proven that you lack the understanding because you have not done the research and cannot explain it...

kind of hypocritical, saying you love something without understanding it.. and then insulting others who do understand it but hate it... by saying they dont understand

so continue not wasting your time doing research. and continue trolling and insulting others who have researched.

have a nice day

EDIT (seems someone doesnt like me pointing out that i done research so deletes my post pointing it out)

i will make clear

I.. (me, human-being using the username franky1)
have .. (task done, activity accomplished, questions asked)
already..(in the past completed, not a future plan yet to achieve)
spoke to devs (not singular, but multiple.. to get a full and proper opinion to allow me to weed out the 'utopian' dream of single minds compared to the reality of features based on multiple explanations)

but i do find it funny that you are so opinionated about something you have admitted that you have not researched and then require payment just to research..

but if you want to call the dev's also wrong.. then ill just leave you to live in the uninformed cave

have a nice day

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 05:27:16 PM

so you have admitted defeat,

i have already got the explanations FROM MANY SOURCES and now you have proven that you lack the understanding because you have not done the research and cannot explain it...

kind of hypocritical, saying you love something without understanding it.. and then insulting others who do understand it but hate it... by saying they dont understand
Yes, many other sources who improperly understood it like yourself. SegWit does not harm the security model at all. This has nothing to do with defeat; I'm not just going to waste my time on ypu(nor do I "love" the proposal as you claim). Now you're insulting me even though we have not insulted you nor called you a troll. We've told you several times to ask the developers for answers to your exact questions because they do not have to do additional research in order to answer them. Stop being off-topic and do what we've told you, or stop complaining about SegWit.

wheels falling off the Classic wagon already? put it up on the free market to decide
The ecosystem is a mess. It would be rather hilarious and sad at the same time if everyone that worked on Core refused to even touch Classic. Who would be doing the coding, Garzik or Andresen, or even better Rizun?  Cheesy

Update: Rewritten some part of the posts. Again you seem to ignore our suggestions in addition to breaking the forum rules.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 11:33:56 PM

HaoBTC will continue to increase hashrate, support Bitcoin and support block size increase.
By Wu Gang

We support block size increase. The most ideal would be that the increase will be realised via the Bitcoin-core. We will also support Bitcoin-classic, if it proves to be the most agreed-upon. As long as a proposal is reasonable and reliable, we will give it our support.

Honey moon over?  Cry

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 01:44:10 AM

xpost:

He [Dr. Adam Back] is not even an active contributor to core code. I did never understand why he pretents he's a speaker for core.

meh, he is trying to put out fires all over the place. They are way over schedule with their LN plans ( as in nothing works yet) and I'd say gregory maxwell probably got the blame for that - hence why we dont hear from him. I'd say if he cant convince his backers on Monday morning that he has a workable plan to counter Classic he could be in real trouble. His rather weak effort to misrepresent the f2pool announcement makes me think he is out of ideas.

He is really clutching at straws - he is even quoting that half baked Cohen article on Hearne, as if its credible.

Bram "BitTorrent" Cohen lost more cypherpunk cred by being late to the Bitcoin party than the entire TumorBlock mob will ever have.  His roast of Hearn@gnome.zurich.ch helped ensure that shitlord's credibility is completely and permanently blown.

Adam Back is three moves ahead of the Tooministas and will force you all to concede, just like he made Hearn flip the board and storm off in an (exceptionally whiny) Epic Rage Quit.

Nobody except politicized pro-governance coup/contentious hard fork advocates favor 2MB TumorBlocks over Dr. Backamoto's 1MB tx  + 2MB witness blocks.  The rest of the world wisely seeks to avoid catastrophic consensus failure, while you relish the cheesy Hollywood TV Trope narrative of a cathartic moment that cleanses Bitcoin of its filthy Blockstream infection.

The more strenuously you push for "doesn't need much testing" TumorBlocks with none of the advantages of well-tested segwit (tx malleability fix, etc), the more foolish and desperate you look to those outside your manufactured-dissent-afflicted Reddit Army.

The cherry on top is the political pressure from the most malcontented reflexively anti-Blockstream to modify _Classic such that it intentionally breaks RBF, CLTV, Lightning, sidechains, and segwit.

Those innovations, which are being painted as undesirable, are starting a food fight in the _Classic bikeshed that will never end.

The logical outcome is that the anti-Blockstream haters take over _Classic, while the less rabid more reasonable Toomincoiners fork off into _Classic++ or _Classic Ultra or whatever the hell Brian Armstrong's vision for Bitcoin_Classic Pro software-as-a-$3000/month-service is.

_Classic is already #REKT by internal contradictions (EG Justus R type liberatarians vs jackboot-licking SJWs).  If it manages to avoid being stillborn, it will quickly succumb to birth defects.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 02:00:02 AM

another #R3KTCoin ... doa

https://github.com/bitcoinclassic/bitcoinclassic/pull/4

iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 02:12:30 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2016, 07:26:58 AM by iCEBREAKER

I am buying validated/active accounts for github, bitcoinclassic.consider.it, and bitcoinclassic.com.  PM offers and help my Sybil (counter)attack!

Time to infiltrate Camp_Classic and spread mayhem by loudly supporting the less popular side of their most controversial issues.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
worhiper_-_

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 02:22:07 AM

Wouldn't you say that the proposal sounds a little more reasonable now that Hearn is gone though? I'm still surprised that prominent miners show support towards "Bitcoin Classic" despite the fact that it hasn't been developed yet.
iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 04:16:26 AM

Wouldn't you say that the proposal sounds a little more reasonable now that Hearn is gone though? I'm still surprised that prominent miners show support towards "Bitcoin Classic" despite the fact that it hasn't been developed yet.

Eschewing modern features which form the foundation for scaling (RBF/SEGWIT/CLTV/Lightning/Sidechains), in favor of a trivial TPS increase and catastrophic consensus failure, is not in any way "reasonable."  Not even a little bit!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 04:22:50 AM

Eschewing modern features which form the foundation for scaling (RBF/SEGWIT/CLTV/Lightning/Sidechains), in favor of a trivial TPS increase and catastrophic consensus failure, is not in any way "reasonable."  Not even a little bit!

It's so unreasonable that iCE doesn't even have to furiously type away against it.  Smiley
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 04:25:25 AM

It's so unreasonable that iCE doesn't even have to furiously type away against it.  Smiley

but it is stupidly simple enough to suck in the punters .... hence the typing.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 123 »
  Print  

Jump to: