Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:06:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Analysis and list of top big blocks shills (XT #REKT ignorers)  (Read 46559 times)
BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 03:35:48 PM

This bolded bit is an odd thing to say. Some really bright folks think we can have both.

Bitcoin Classic Is just BIP102 without Segwit , and would be a more interesting choice if it really did include both. As of right now Core + Segwit appears to be the better option. Perhaps another implementation is needed to differentiate itself enough.

One day this war has to end.  Undecided

To me it doesn't have to be a civil war... If we look at the specific proposals from a technical perspective and remove the politicas and characters we can make a decision with better clarity and without much contention.

I would likely choose to support Bitcoin Classic if it was BIP 102 + Segwit and attracted some more devs. As it stands right now , it simply is a less impressive proposal. When the technical merits are discussed and compared all I hear is vague allusions to the complexity and danger to segwit , when anyone who has really studied the changes in code and what has been tested knows that it really isn't that dangerous and in some aspects less dangerous being a soft-fork.

What would impress me is if Core and Classic made a commitment to work together and defined certain specific proposals.
If I understand Garzik's largest contention is that a sudden change in the economic model with a fee market event is dangerous and we need to study the economic effects first. I am sympathetic to Garzik's position but honestly don't assume that a fee market event is necessarily a bad thing to approach at the moment.

I am certainly open to any ideas or proposals as to ways we can simulate this beforehand and am willing to contribute towards this effort. Part of me is doubtful that this can be done and thinks that perhaps it needs to be tested live eventually but I am open to suggestions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 04:55:54 PM

2 MB is possible obviously, but it is redundant in comparison to SegWit. As things stand now, the deployment time for either option is going to be similar (even if Classic takes off). 2 MB blocks do not bring anything with them, SegWit brings a lot of benefits (and the increase in capacity is just a bonus).
This bolded bit is an odd thing to say. Some really bright folks think we can have both.
Some other bright folks know that both would result in a 'effective' block size of 4 MB which is not deemed as safe yet.

One day this war has to end.  Undecided
There would be no war if people weren't selfish and following their own agenda

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
keepdoing

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 05:05:13 PM

[/quote]
Well, we agree on something finally.  So... when are you lot going to stop DDOSing, Spreading FUD, Lying, Manipulating, and following a whiny & childish scorched earth policy of trying to destroy Bitcoin if you can't control it?

?
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 05:38:22 PM

What would impress me is if Core and Classic made a commitment to work together and defined certain specific proposals. 

Why even say something like that...Obviously the whole reasons classic exists is that certain people
have proven they refuse to work together.

hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 05:45:58 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2016, 06:12:20 PM by hdbuck

Well, we agree on something finally.  So... when are you lot going to stop DDOSing, Spreading FUD, Lying, Manipulating, and following a whiny & childish scorched earth policy of trying to destroy Bitcoin if you can't control it?

?

Nobody can control bitcoin.
Only forkers want to destroy bitcoin... by forking it.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4473

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 05:46:22 PM

Why even say something like that...Obviously the whole reasons classic exists is that certain people
have proven they refuse to work together.

they way i see it.. full nodes just need to follow a few basic rules.. which all nodes should follow.
which the consensus is that all implementations are agreeing to 2mb as the newest golden rule for all nodes to follow.

after that each implementation can put in their own little features (that dont cause forks) and do their own thing

its like telling banks that they have to
1. use an ISO standard bank note
2. audit their transaction
3. dont allow people to magic up new money outside of the mint

then give all the banks the freedom to allow contracts, loan agreements, escrows, multi-sign trusts, etc.. stuff that can be done locally without affecting the world

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
fisheater22

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 06:02:24 PM

You mean "when people start to ignore (their perceived) rational self-interest"?
Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 06:13:37 PM

Well, we agree on something finally.  So... when are you lot going to stop DDOSing, Spreading FUD, Lying, Manipulating, and following a whiny & childish scorched earth policy of trying to destroy Bitcoin if you can't control it?

?

By a non-consensual 'soft' fork.
hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 06:17:12 PM

Well, we agree on something finally.  So... when are you lot going to stop DDOSing, Spreading FUD, Lying, Manipulating, and following a whiny & childish scorched earth policy of trying to destroy Bitcoin if you can't control it?

?

By a non-consensual 'soft' fork.

A fork is a fork you dummy. IDGAF whether it is blockstream softfork or classic hardfork. It will fail. Long live Bitcoin. The one a only.
keepdoing

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 06:42:19 PM

Long live Bitcoin. The one a only.
I agree.  After the successful Classic Hard Fork, it will be nice once Blockstream/Core has been kicked to the curb, we've returned to the Original Vision of Satoshi; and restored sound governance to Bitcoin, and then there will just be..... Bitcoin.

Bitcoin -> New Bitcoin (Sucky tasting Blockstream/Core Version) -> Bitcoin Classic -> Bitcoin

ahhh, the circle of life!
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 06:51:30 PM

This should be left in this thread:

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Bergmann_Christoph

Activity: 409
Merit: 286

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 08:56:09 PM

I agree! This is a perfect example why we need to fork: Adam back thinks, btc fails because miner stopp believing whar adam back thinks that is logic and illogic

--
Mein Buch: Bitcoin-Buch.org
Bester Bitcoin-Marktplatz in der Eurozone: Bitcoin.de
Bestes Bitcoin-Blog im deutschsprachigen Raum: bitcoinblog.de

Tips dafür, dass ich den Blocksize-Thread mit Niveau und Unterhaltung fülle und Fehlinformationen bekämpfe:
Bitcoin: 1BesenPtt5g9YQYLqYZrGcsT3YxvDfH239
Ethereum: XE14EB5SRHKPBQD7L3JLRXJSZEII55P1E8C
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 10:37:43 PM

Why should we give one iota of credence to what Adam Back says?  
He's the cofounder of Blockstream and therefore has a huge bias.

Besides, his statement is nothing but rhetoric.
(Whose to say what's political and whats illogical)

Bergmann_Christoph

Activity: 409
Merit: 286

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 10:45:48 PM

He is not even an active contributor to core code. I did never understand why he pretents he's a speaker for core.

--
Mein Buch: Bitcoin-Buch.org
Bester Bitcoin-Marktplatz in der Eurozone: Bitcoin.de
Bestes Bitcoin-Blog im deutschsprachigen Raum: bitcoinblog.de

Tips dafür, dass ich den Blocksize-Thread mit Niveau und Unterhaltung fülle und Fehlinformationen bekämpfe:
Bitcoin: 1BesenPtt5g9YQYLqYZrGcsT3YxvDfH239
Ethereum: XE14EB5SRHKPBQD7L3JLRXJSZEII55P1E8C
sAt0sHiFanClub

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Warning: Confrmed Gavinista

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 12:12:09 AM

He is not even an active contributor to core code. I did never understand why he pretents he's a speaker for core.

meh, he is trying to put out fires all over the place. They are way over schedule with their LN plans ( as in nothing works yet) and I'd say gregory maxwell probably got the blame for that - hence why we dont hear from him. I'd say if he cant convince his backers on Monday morning that he has a workable plan to counter Classic he could be in real trouble. His rather weak effort to misrepresent the f2pool announcement makes me think he is out of ideas.

He is really clutching at straws - he is even quoting that half baked Cohen article on Hearne, as if its credible.

We must make money worse as a commodity if we wish to make it better as a medium of exchange
hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 12:34:36 AM

Sure, Go Peter R classic bitcoin! Such code, much gifs. Cheesy
Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 12:34:59 AM

Indeed.  Bitcoin is supposed to be governed by the code people freely choose to run.  If a company like Blockstream can co-opt Core, force the adoption of "illogical" features that the user do not want, and prevent the community from migrating to a new repo, then that would demonstrate a failure of Bitcoin.  

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 01:10:12 AM

Indeed.  Bitcoin is supposed to be governed by the code people freely choose to run.  If a company like Blockstream can co-opt Core, force the adoption of "illogical" features that the user do not want, and prevent the community from migrating to a new repo, then that would demonstrate a failure of Bitcoin.  

As a developer for Bitcoin Classic, and co-Chief Architect along with jstolfi, you should have input into the message stored in the Classic "genesis block" that will be produced in a few months.

Will it be your avatar signature, or your post signature?

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 01:28:21 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2016, 01:39:57 AM by iCEBREAKER

He [Dr. Adam Back] is not even an active contributor to core code. I did never understand why he pretents he's a speaker for core.

meh, he is trying to put out fires all over the place. They are way over schedule with their LN plans ( as in nothing works yet) and I'd say gregory maxwell probably got the blame for that - hence why we dont hear from him. I'd say if he cant convince his backers on Monday morning that he has a workable plan to counter Classic he could be in real trouble. His rather weak effort to misrepresent the f2pool announcement makes me think he is out of ideas.

He is really clutching at straws - he is even quoting that half baked Cohen article on Hearne, as if its credible.

Bram "BitTorrent" Cohen lost more cypherpunk cred by being late to the Bitcoin party than the entire TumorBlock mob will ever have.  His roast of Hearn@gnome.zurich.ch helped ensure that shitlord's credibility is completely and permanently blown.

Adam Back is three moves ahead of the Tooministas and will force you all to concede, just like he made Hearn flip the board and storm off in an (exceptionally whiny) Epic Rage Quit.

Nobody except politicized pro-governance coup/contentious hard fork advocates favor 2MB TumorBlocks over Dr. Backamoto's 1MB tx  + 2MB witness blocks.  The rest of the world wisely seeks to avoid catastrophic consensus failure, while you relish the cheesy Hollywood TV Trope narrative of a cathartic moment that cleanses Bitcoin of its filthy Blockstream infection.

The more strenuously you push for "doesn't need much testing" TumorBlocks with none of the advantages of well-tested segwit (tx malleability fix, etc), the more foolish and desperate you look to those outside your manufactured-dissent-afflicted Reddit Army.

The cherry on top is the political pressure from the most malcontented reflexively anti-Blockstream to modify _Classic such that it intentionally breaks RBF, CLTV, Lightning, sidechains, and segwit.

Those innovations, which are being painted as undesirable, are starting a food fight in the _Classic bikeshed that will never end.

The logical outcome is that the anti-Blockstream haters take over _Classic, while the less rabid more reasonable Toomincoiners fork off into _Classic++ or _Classic Ultra or whatever the hell Brian Armstrong's vision for Bitcoin_Classic Pro software-as-a-$3000/month-service is.

_Classic is already #REKT by internal contradictions (EG Justus R type liberatarians vs jackboot-licking SJWs).  If it manages to avoid being stillborn, it will quickly succumb to birth defects.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 02:56:34 AM

As a developer for Bitcoin Classic, and co-Chief Architect along with jstolfi, you should have input into the message stored in the Classic "genesis block" that will be produced in a few months.

Oops, thanks for reminding me.  The Toomims tasked me with doing something momentous that will be the headline of /The Times/ on the launch date.  Maybe start a war, find Elvis, or commandeer a UFO to abduct the Pope from a nudist beach and demand ransom in bitcoin.

Only that it will not be a Genesis block, of course, but a Nativity block.

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: