Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:44:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ToominCoin aka "Bitcoin_Classic" #R3KT  (Read 157068 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 10327

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 06:31:52 PM

You are correct... sometimes Adam seems to be all over the place......

being opened minded and willing to be a blacksheep, does that to you.
core is trying to get the flow of bitcoin TX into there blockstream projects?
not sure, but i'm willing to entertain the idea, and throw out crazy actuations to get some reactions.
in the heat of the moment ( getting banned from bitcointalk.org, and talking to the bitco.in ), i may has said some nutty stuff.

In these various speculation threads, I think that it is healthy to speculate to some degree, but sometimes, any of us can sound nutty if we speculate too much or if we begin to describe speculative scenarios as being more likely than they really are.  That seems to be a kind of practice of what trolls do.  They take some plausible 1% scenario, and begin to send it around as if it is 30% or some other higher probability and then begin to string a variety of these 1% scenarios together to spread FUCD.

Personally, I have kind of evolved on some of this blocksize limit, governance and hardfork discussion.    About 5 months ago, I could give less than a shit about these issues, but over the past few months the discussions have become more and more persistent, prevalent and invasive, and even though I was attempting to stay out of such discussions, from the deluge of repetitive posts and the sky is falling scenarios, my hand (and head) was forced to some extent to have to look into it and to realize that a kind of sabotage of bitcoin seemed to have been occurring with the framing of an emergency and the assertions that hard forking, block size limit increase, governance change blah blah blah were absolutely necessary blah blah blah. 

You have been around long enough too, and should have been able to see through some of this recent bullshit, by now.. no?   a lot of it seems to boil down to change for the sake of change rather than really being an emergency or even necessary... in sum a way to attempt to undermine bitcoin in a variety of ways.

Discussion of blockstream as being unduly influential in bitcoin's governance or future direction remains a distraction to what had really been taking place in recent times...

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 06:32:50 PM

Still willing to mislead others I see... LN isn't controlled, invented or owned by blockstream. Sidechains are opensource and anyone can run an elements alpha sidechain, you can even setup and run your own liquid sidechain yourself. You are also conflating core with blockstream which is both misleading and insulting to core which has a diverse set of backgrounds opinions and funding sources. Even if your were to ignore the fact that almost all devs aren't associated with blockstream and just focus on devs with commit access you will see this -

gavinandresen (Gavin Andresen)  - funded by MIT Media Lab and coinbase and bloq
    jgarzik (Jeff Garzik) - bloq (formerly supported by bitpay )
    jonasschnelli (Jonas Schnelli) - digitalbitbox.com
    laanwj (Wladimir J. van der Laan) - MIT Media Lab
    sipa (Pieter Wuille Sort) - blockstream

That is only 1 dev of 5 within core with commit access and 2 of those devs have even started their own competing implementations.

How could you not know this by now ? Will you stop spreading misleading statements meant to spread unfounded conspiracy theories?
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2016, 06:56:11 PM

Still willing to mislead others I see... LN isn't controlled, invented or owned by blockstream. Sidechains are opensource and anyone can run an elements alpha sidechain, you can even setup and run your own liquid sidechain yourself. You are also conflating core with blockstream which is both misleading and insulting to core which has a diverse set of backgrounds opinions and funding sources. Even if your were to ignore the fact that almost all devs aren't associated with blockstream and just focus on devs with commit access you will see this -

gavinandresen (Gavin Andresen)  - funded by MIT Media Lab and coinbase and bloq
    jgarzik (Jeff Garzik) - bloq (formerly supported by bitpay )
    jonasschnelli (Jonas Schnelli) - digitalbitbox.com
    laanwj (Wladimir J. van der Laan) - MIT Media Lab

That is only 1 dev of 5 within core with commit access and 2 of those devs have even started their own competing implementations.

How could you not know this by now ? Will you stop spreading misleading statements meant to spread unfounded conspiracy theories?

Gavin and Jeff arent core devs... (  imagine Gavin committing his 2MB code into core Bahahahahah )

where jr luke in this list? and gmax ( they dont have commit access ?  isn't segwit their baby? )

i'm not sure of the exact ties between core and blockstream. at the time, poeple arguing that there was a conflict of interest in the Core dev team seemed to have compelling evidence. I took that "info" as is, and assumed that most of the Core team was also getting paid by blockstream.

brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 07:00:42 PM

Still entertaining the adam useful idiot I see  Roll Eyes

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
BitUsher
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 07:06:01 PM

Gavin and Jeff arent core devs...

Sigh... another false statement.....

This is the up to date list of devs with commit access. Regardless of Gavin and Jeff being distracted by other ventures and implementations they both do indeed participate and control the private keys to make commits to core. They have not given up this priveledge and not made any indications that they are no longer core devs, in fact they have indicated the opposite.

where jr luke in this list? and gmax ( they dont have commit access ?

Greg Gave up commit access a long while ago and luke never had it.

i'm not sure of the exact ties between core and blockstream. at the time, poeple arguing that there was a conflict of interest in the Core dev team seemed to have compelling evidence. I took that "info" as is, and assumed that most of the Core team was also getting paid by blockstream.

So since you are now learning the truth , that can all be backed up with evidence , will you correct those that spread those lies and apologize for not verifying the misinformation that you helped spread?
yochdog
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 07:08:23 PM

NT

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2016, 07:11:03 PM

look you see threads with the title

True or False? Blockstream having so many Core developers is a conflict/centralization of interest.

and no one is disputing "Blockstream having so many Core developers" as not factual and you assume its the truth.

BitUsher
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 07:16:52 PM

True or False? Blockstream having so many Core developers is a conflict/centralization of interest.

and no one is disputing "Blockstream having so many Core developers" as not factual and you assume its the truth.

Please quote where I indicated this. You are now spreading misinformation about me.
Or are you so confused that you think this statement :

is equal to this statement:

If you find a quote where I suggested such I will openly apologize.
Otherwise when you apologize for conflating the two I will be happy answer your new question.
beastmodeBiscuitGravy

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 07:18:05 PM

gavinandresen (Gavin Andresen)  - funded by MIT Media Lab and coinbase and bloq    Compromised by CIA
    jgarzik (Jeff Garzik) - bloq (formerly supported by bitpay )   Wrote a few lines of code many years ago, irrelevant.
    jonasschnelli (Jonas Schnelli) - digitalbitbox.com   https://twitter.com/_jonasschnelli_/status/706792094841573376
    laanwj (Wladimir J. van der Laan) - MIT Media Lab   Lead Consensus Observer
    nullc (Gregory Maxwell) - Lead Wizard - blockstream -   Altruistically rescinded commit access around the time he undertook a short seclusion in the west wing, totally NOT for political reasons and bad "optics".

Good to see this section of the forum is still inhabited by legions of sig farmers hardworking laborers, children mature professionals, and illiterate rubes srs investors... Give them a taste of some back-and-forth between the Blockstream shills, a stockholmed adam, and the always graceful Jay Juan Gee... they won't be able to say "no".

Digital gold has never been shinier. Mewn boyz... sewn.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2016, 07:20:40 PM

Please quote where I indicated this. You are now spreading misinformation about me.

i'm not implying you said these things, i'm saying other users have

Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 07:22:50 PM

So, because someone made a thread with that title, it's true? Are you ok? Everything alright at home, etc?

Vires in numeris
BitUsher
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 07:25:09 PM

No , you clearly said I assumed it is the truth and quoted me.

In all seriousness, and with no intentions to denigrate you directly , do you smoke a lot of marijuana or do harder drugs or have any mental illnesses? You appear to be unstable and lack clarity even between posts. I'm trying to determine if you have a problem or if you are merely trolling.
valiz

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

BTC trader

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 07:26:22 PM

Please bring in smarter shills  Cheesy

It's a shame if they can't afford Veritas's services anymore Sad . Adam's shilling is boring.

Btw, fork off already. I want to sell some Toomincoins to get more real coins.  Smiley

12c3DnfNrfgnnJ3RovFpaCDGDeS6LMkfTN "who lives by QE dies by QE"
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 07:26:33 PM

there available now, no? the code has been written and is working on some nodes ( BU nodes right? )

I'm here to talk about Bitcoin, you're clearly here to talk about some other currency that doesn't exist. You should use BU yourself ...

BU is an alternative Bitcoin client, not a client for an alt currency. It is running right now on the Bitcoin network, processing Bitcoin transactions.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2016, 07:27:22 PM

No , you clearly said "I assumed" it is the truth and quoted me.

In all seriousness, and with no intentions to denigrate you directly , do you smoke a lot of marijuana or do harder drugs or have any mental illnesses? You appear to be unstable and lack clarity even between posts. I'm trying to determine if you have a problem or if you are merely trolling.

omfg....

and no one is disputing "Blockstream having so many Core developers" as not factual and you one assumes its the truth.

better?

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2016, 07:28:35 PM

fuck this shit.

BitUsher
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 07:30:18 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2016, 07:42:03 PM by BitUsher

fuck this shit.

Yes, you are indeed very unstable or just trolling. No use discussing technical aspects until you get help. I hope you get better soon.

BU is an alternative Bitcoin client, not a client for an alt currency. It is running right now on the Bitcoin network, processing Bitcoin transactions.

I agree that we shouldn't call BU, XT, or classic alts. While they are in a different category as implementations like libbitcoin or bitcore which don't attempt to break consensus rules. They are clearly bitcoin at the moment.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 07:31:39 PM

Therefore, if segwit does not achieve 95% or whatever is the level needed, then the old system will continue to carry out. 

Unless, of course, some other client amasses its activation threshold (e.g. Classic @ 75%).

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
blunderer

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 07:32:02 PM

If anyone asks me how Bitcoin works (lol, like that actually happened IRL to anyone ever), I'll just direct them to this thread Cheesy
BitUsher
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 07:38:07 PM

Therefore, if segwit does not achieve 95% or whatever is the level needed, then the old system will continue to carry out.  

Unless, of course, some other client amasses its activation threshold (e.g. Classic @ 75%).

Very true, the old Bitcoin , would definitely need to make big changes to bitcoin core if classic miners controlled over 75% hashing power. Personally, I have enough problems with the direction of the Classic Scaling roadmap that I would support these changes and stay on the original/different chain regardless of it leaving merchant processors and a majority of SHA256 ASIC hashing power, but I agree , either way you are right the old protocol would be dead.

Luckily , Classic support seems to be dying or at least stabilizing between 5-8%  of blocks , thus this isn't much of a concern.
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 123 »
  Print  

Jump to: