Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:34:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 199 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [VAL] Validity - Decentralized Identities, Custom Assets, Elections, and More!  (Read 579106 times)
Carbs

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 03:30:02 PM

Thanks for the post JJ,

It gives alot of insight to your vision and train of thought and your honesty/transparency is highly appreciated.

As for feedback on not creating excessive expectations;

In a supposed weekly update you could touch on what has been worked on past week, and what is in the works for the coming week(s).

if the community wants to hear what's in the works or future plans personally I think it's good to share them, because that's what they are, future plans and I think it's fine to share them with reservation and ''contents may be subject to change''.

This also applies to eventual ''fancy  Grin'' roadmaps. Contents may be subject to change.

65cerberus also has some great ideas, I like the idea of consistency in updates alot!

As always, cheers!

The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dannyman

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 05:48:17 PM

As someone who has been through the last few years of crypto myself I totally understand his way of thinking, personally I would say don't change anything.

BUT sadly the new wave of crypto heads seem to want certain things set, like constant updating. I think maybe you can have a regular monthly blog update or something but honestly I for one have felt no lack of communication......Seems we have to jump for a few newbie sock puppet demands that want a price rise when they want it or they will throw their rattle out of the pram.

Whatever you do, don't change too much.....you're doing too much right already, I honestly think its got very little to do with the project anyway.....more the price. If the price was at 250k now everyone would be saying what a genius the developer was.....its all too retarded for me to bear honestly. My biggest beef is with Bitcointalk who allows newbie posting too easily. People should have to prove they have been around here for a few months on the same user before anyone takes their posts seriously IMO.

*A very rough roadmap and vision for the project would be good to hear. Reading between the lines I feel like I already know what it is anyway. But yeah a future hope and direction would be good to hear, but no exact time stamps are needed.....or wanted honestly.
Collin-Bill

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 01:26:09 AM

Thanks for the input everyone! And thanks for clarifying, Carbs. I get what you're saying about making sure content originates from the official Twitter rather than just retweeting.

We'll do our best to work on communicating without promising anything we can't deliver, like jj mentioned. I like the scheduled communications idea, I'm going to work on figuring out how that would best fit with the Radium team. We are working on it, I can safely promise that Smiley
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 01:39:48 AM

Hello everyone,

I want to take a few moments and address everyones concerns. I appreciate your constructive criticism, and I want everyone to know you are being heard. The limited amount of information has been by design, but I am learning that this design is flawed.

Let me explain.

I was first introduced to crypto several years ago, around the time scrypt mining was just making it to GPU's. I was young and inexperienced (in crypto), and got burned by just about everything that there was to be burned by. I lost coins to flash pumps on MintPal, lost coins many PnD's when I bought into the hype, I lost Blackcoin on Cryptorush, and even more BTC on Cryptorush Shares. I had BTC on Gox, and even bought several BTC worth of CRAVE near the top of the pump. I have supported various projects with graphically impressive road maps that promised all manner of innovative bells and whistles which never came to fruition.  Needless to say, I ended up very much disenchanted and in the red.

When I began developing for Radium, the last thing I wanted was to become just another anon dev that promised the moon, but delivered peanuts. I wanted (and still do) to avoid unjustified hype at all costs, and it seemed the best way to accomplish this was to only announce developments when they were complete. The last thing I would want is for someone to invest based on my word, and then not deliver. I want a reputation for delivering a quality product, and not just throwing around buzzwords to cause a pump. The discussion of creating a road map has come up several times in slack, both publicly and privately. Because of the reasons already discussed, I have been vehemently opposed. I also feel uncomfortable posting updates of the things I may be working on, because sometimes they crash and burn and I have to backtrack. I want people to be excited about what we have, not about what may happen in the future.

However, I am learning that this approach may not be working as well as intended. I fully understand everyones interest in what is happening behind the scenes and I appreciate that hearing so little of what is happening is frustrating. So, I ask for your input – how can I improve communication about current developments without creating excessive expectation? Collin and I have been brainstorming a few options, but we agreed that it would be valuable to ask you if you have ideas on how to best balance not promising more than I can deliver and keeping everyone in the loop.

I am very interested in your feedback.

JJ

dude that bold part is pretty much exactly same as me LOL.  Embarrassed Cry

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
justinc2014

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2016, 12:07:11 PM

I think everyone understands, That development is coded and does not always work out. no one wants to be labeled as a hype coin unless you can deliver the goods.

But everyone likes to see a future road map and see the direction where we are heading towards, time frames are not needed because you are not an ICO coin.

The loyal community whom continues to hold there investment will stick by you because you have built up trust and yes' they do not want to hear a load of BS and never deliver.

but as investor I do not like ninja releases and have the coin pumped and dumped, I prefer to hear where you want the coin to be at within a year.
JJ12880

Activity: 671
Merit: 501

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 02:38:41 AM

Good evening,

Thankyou to everyone who provided feedback regarding what they would like to see regarding communication.  The most common theme that I am hearing is consistent updates regarding what has been worked on the past week. I think that I can accomplish that without deviating too far from my current approach.  I will strive to make a post summarizing the activities of the past week every weekend. There is a lot of information that bounces around slack, that is not posted officially on the forum, and I see no reason  not to post it on the forum. 

Collin, TM or myself will plan to cross post these weekly (or occasionally bi weekly) progress reports to BCT as well as the blog. Links to the blog will be tweeted by the main @ProjectRadium twitter account

Regarding twitter, I will try to make a stronger effort to tweet general project related information from the main project account, and use @JJ12880 for my personal development bellyaching general crypto related tweets.

A few people suggested setting SMART goals, which is an excellent strategy for some aspects of the project, but I cant apply them to the research and coding. Coding is guaranteed to not work correctly the first and second time, so applying a timed deadline to code development usually produces a under tested and buggy product. However, I will talk with the management team and see if there are other places where we can apply SMART effectively.

In regards to a road-map or other prospective plan, I am still very hesitant to publish anything that would create expectations. I could make a list of things that I have been thinking about, and that MAY reach development, if that is what people would want. I am still concerned that that may create unreasonable expectations. I have some features I would like to add to a SmartChain 3.0 protocol, but they still need research and testing before I know how viable they are.  Once I start working on researching them or testing them, they will show up in the weekly updates.

As today is Friday, I will post a summary of everything that has been being worked on the past few weeks. I will try my best to get that out by the end of the weekend.

JJ

Radium  Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain!
BTC Thread | Telegram
Carbs

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 09:37:29 AM

Good evening,

Thankyou to everyone who provided feedback regarding what they would like to see regarding communication.  The most common theme that I am hearing is consistent updates regarding what has been worked on the past week. I think that I can accomplish that without deviating too far from my current approach.  I will strive to make a post summarizing the activities of the past week every weekend. There is a lot of information that bounces around slack, that is not posted officially on the forum, and I see no reason  not to post it on the forum. 

Collin, TM or myself will plan to cross post these weekly (or occasionally bi weekly) progress reports to BCT as well as the blog. Links to the blog will be tweeted by the main @ProjectRadium twitter account

Regarding twitter, I will try to make a stronger effort to tweet general project related information from the main project account, and use @JJ12880 for my personal development bellyaching general crypto related tweets.

A few people suggested setting SMART goals, which is an excellent strategy for some aspects of the project, but I cant apply them to the research and coding. Coding is guaranteed to not work correctly the first and second time, so applying a timed deadline to code development usually produces a under tested and buggy product. However, I will talk with the management team and see if there are other places where we can apply SMART effectively.

In regards to a road-map or other prospective plan, I am still very hesitant to publish anything that would create expectations. I could make a list of things that I have been thinking about, and that MAY reach development, if that is what people would want. I am still concerned that that may create unreasonable expectations. I have some features I would like to add to a SmartChain 3.0 protocol, but they still need research and testing before I know how viable they are.  Once I start working on researching them or testing them, they will show up in the weekly updates.

As today is Friday, I will post a summary of everything that has been being worked on the past few weeks. I will try my best to get that out by the end of the weekend.

JJ

Great news! Thanks RADS team  Grin
Skyrik

Activity: 560

ICONOMI Supporter

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 02:20:19 PM

Good evening,

JJ

Will wait for weekly update. Thanks
OrsonJ

Activity: 597
Merit: 253

... and the swarm is headed towards us

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2016, 02:28:42 AM

Hello everyone! I would like to give a few development updates and a preview of the new SmartChain UI.

- The OS X Radium client has been updated with the latest dependencies. It is available for download here.

- We have begun a migration of the Radium core protocol from C++ to Rust. If you are proficient in Rust and would like to contribute to development in any way, the Github repository may be found here. It is quite barren at the moment while we are working on finishing the various administrative updates to the project.

- The SmartChain Verify web portal will be completely overhauled as a part of the coming updates.

- Last but not least, here is a preview of the new SmartChain UI. The majority of Radium branding will be updated in a similar manner. Work by Crz, donation address: Xf774wUXjwRBuAV9jZVCLcwgXaZVhnaVWh

This is already one of the top 25 most interesting crypto projects in the world at the moment. Migrating to Rust would easily push it into the top 5. Will be watching this one closely.

Zano alias: @orsonj  |  Twitter: @Cryptoschild
ASV

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 05:13:00 AM

The problem with a new Qt isnt seen by the new block of 10 days.
JJ12880

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 03:34:38 AM

Good evening friends,

As requested, here is the first of many weekly Radium updates. I would ask that you bear in mind that the purpose of this update is to keep everyone informed about what work has been done the past week(s), and not create a road-map. There will still be some things that we may not mention in the updates until they are closer to completion.

Graphics:

• The main focus for the past few weeks has been preparing a renewed and professional look for Project Radium. Since the end of March, CRZ has been working to develop a new graphical ANN as well as branding, styling guide, and an icon pack. The styling guide and icon pack are done, and the Development Team is standing by to review the final graphical ANN as soon as CRZ has the graphics polished to his liking.

Outreach efforts:

• Our general plan for expanding the adoption of Radium and Radium SmartChain technology will initially focus on an outreach effort towards cryptocurrency/blockchain oriented projects, as well as other software providers.
  • Templates for the first outreach emails are complete, but we have been waiting to begin the outreach push until the branding overhaul is complete. Additionally, we have been holding off until the next iteration of the SmartChain core protocol is complete and tested. The main contingency to this update is an expanded identity system, as described in further detail below.

SmartChain protocol updates:

• The SmartChain protocol has been updated to support detailed user accounts. Users can now include company names, website, email, address, and phone info in their profiles. This was done to make identity creation more useful for individuals and organizations interested in using SmartChain for file verification.
  • The current GUI still needs a few minor updates to support the new expanded protocol. The original plan was to wait for the new xaml (see below) GUI to implement the expanded Identities, but due to unanticipated challenges, the new plan is to implement the Expanded Identities in the current 2.4 style GUI in order to reach production and outreach in a more timely manner.
  • Dev0tion has been instrumental in designing a new xaml GUI for the SmartChain. The general appearance is done, however many of the controls are awaiting styling and supporting code. The SmartChain code needs some significant modifications to interact cleanly with the xaml GUI, which is proving challenging. The transition to xaml requires some larger architecture changes that were not anticipated. At this time, the xaml GUI will have to wait until the the 2.4 style GUI is updated, and outreach has begun.

Radium Wallet:
  • The source code for the Radium Wallet has been updated on github to include better staking time estimates, and forced disconnects from the old pre-fork nodes. A leisure update with these features should be ready in a few days.
  • The completed styling guide and icons from CRZ are being built into the new QT design for the wallet, which will match the styling of the ANN and the SmartChain client.

While not entirely inclusive, this is a mostly comprehensive summary of what has been worked on and what direction the project will take in the near future. Once all the graphics are done and the SmartChain client is updated, we should be able to make more visible progress. There are a few other ideas being researched, but they will have to wait for another update.

All the best,

Radium Development Team

BTC Thread | Telegram
Carbs

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 06:59:27 AM

Good evening friends,

As requested, here is the first of many weekly Radium updates. I would ask that you bear in mind that the purpose of this update is to keep everyone informed about what work has been done the past week(s), and not create a road-map. There will still be some things that we may not mention in the updates until they are closer to completion.

Graphics:

• The main focus for the past few weeks has been preparing a renewed and professional look for Project Radium. Since the end of March, CRZ has been working to develop a new graphical ANN as well as branding, styling guide, and an icon pack. The styling guide and icon pack are done, and the Development Team is standing by to review the final graphical ANN as soon as CRZ has the graphics polished to his liking.

Outreach efforts:

• Our general plan for expanding the adoption of Radium and Radium SmartChain technology will initially focus on an outreach effort towards cryptocurrency/blockchain oriented projects, as well as other software providers.
  • Templates for the first outreach emails are complete, but we have been waiting to begin the outreach push until the branding overhaul is complete. Additionally, we have been holding off until the next iteration of the SmartChain core protocol is complete and tested. The main contingency to this update is an expanded identity system, as described in further detail below.

• The SmartChain protocol has been updated to support detailed user accounts. Users can now include company names, website, email, address, and phone info in their profiles. This was done to make identity creation more useful for individuals and organizations interested in using SmartChain for file verification.
  • The current GUI still needs a few minor updates to support the new expanded protocol. The original plan was to wait for the new xaml (see below) GUI to implement the expanded Identities, but due to unanticipated challenges, the new plan is to implement the Expanded Identities in the current 2.4 style GUI in order to reach production and outreach in a more timely manner.
  • Dev0tion has been instrumental in designing a new xaml GUI for the SmartChain. The general appearance is done, however many of the controls are awaiting styling and supporting code. The SmartChain code needs some significant modifications to interact cleanly with the xaml GUI, which is proving challenging. The transition to xaml requires some larger architecture changes that were not anticipated. At this time, the xaml GUI will have to wait until the the 2.4 style GUI is updated, and outreach has begun.

Radium Wallet:
  • The source code for the Radium Wallet has been updated on github to include better staking time estimates, and forced disconnects from the old pre-fork nodes. A leisure update with these features should be ready in a few days.
  • The completed styling guide and icons from CRZ are being built into the new QT design for the wallet, which will match the styling of the ANN and the SmartChain client.

While not entirely inclusive, this is a mostly comprehensive summary of what has been worked on and what direction the project will take in the near future. Once all the graphics are done and the SmartChain client is updated, we should be able to make more visible progress. There are a few other ideas being researched, but they will have to wait for another update.

All the best,

Radium Development Team

Very excited and glad to see this update.  Grin
+10
TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 01:08:39 PM

Wow sweet update.  It's obvious this coin price is being suppressed bigtime (again)..wth.  Hopefully it gets back to moon status of 250k sats+
Cri_W

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 05:24:23 PM

Good evening friends,

Graphics:

Outreach efforts:

Radium Wallet:

All the best,

Radium Development Team

Thanks for the update, this is the vision I love to see. I'll stick to my investment even in these bearish moments, where the volumes and the price are not reflecting the real value of the asset.
kampretkabur

Activity: 742

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 05:30:40 PM

still believing in this project though ive lost much, constant updates like this is great. just hoping the pr is giving something so his oin would be known widely
neurorit

Activity: 184
Merit: 10

Qidex Exchange

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 09:09:24 PM

Hello all! I've been staking a few weeks with no issues. Yesterday, however, I minted 8 RADS. Previously the most I've minted was 2 RADS a day. I only have 1190.35 RADS total in my wallet.

Did I just get really lucky or something?

Also, my entire balance is presently not accessible. They're all in the "Stake:" section.

I'm running QT version 1.4

Cri_W

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 09:42:23 PM

Hello all! I've been staking a few weeks with no issues. Yesterday, however, I minted 8 RADS. Previously the most I've minted was 2 RADS a day. I only have 1190.35 RADS total in my wallet.

Did I just get really lucky or something?

Also, my entire balance is presently not accessible. They're all in the "Stake:" section.

I'm running QT version 1.4

All good. Smiley
I'll try to clarify in a simple way what is happening. every minute a block is created and the 1 (or more -decay issues apart-) coin is somehow randomly "added" to a specific address. Now, of course, more coins you have higher is the probability of getting the coin. To be specific every minute ,if you have 1000 rads, you have a probability of winning the new block of 1/800 (rough average for 800000 coins weight in the network).
If you quickly make a few calculation (it's a binomial distribution) you can see that to get 8 coins it's totally possible but rare. But the average is more like... 1.6/1.8 a day. Actually you may also get 0 coin a day (more or less 15%-10%)
The coins in Stake section will quickly reduce in size more you stake. No worries. Smiley

idolacchacked

Activity: 598

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 09:52:50 PM

on April 29th i moved 20k coins to a new addy to find out how much ROI i can get out by staking Rads

so far it staked 393 coins

i will post again on May 29th to see what the ROI is after 30 days

anyone want to post Dash/Xvc ROI in 30 days with similar amount(or cost to buy ) of coins?  

or any other POS coins ?

it would be great if some one can make comparison chart Smiley
JJ12880

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 02:54:55 AM

Progress on the graphical ann is progressing well, should be ready in a few days!

JJ

BTC Thread | Telegram
dev0tion

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 05:48:32 AM

on April 29th i moved 20k coins to a new addy to find out how much ROI i can get out by staking Rads

so far it staked 393 coins

i will post again on May 29th to see what the ROI is after 30 days

anyone want to post Dash/Xvc ROI in 30 days with similar amount(or cost to buy ) of coins?  

or any other POS coins ?

it would be great if some one can make comparison chart Smiley

Interesting experiment. Let's see where it goes. I never had any Dash/XVC so I can't compare.
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 199 »
  Print  

Jump to: