Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:09:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ethOS - Ethereum Mining Platform  (Read 94455 times)
greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:33:40 AM

Yeah, set your max temp to 77.

Thanks for your reply. But my problem is quiet different. When the temperature threshold reached I expect only that one GPU to into throttled mode. That’s is the way it was working before in version 1.2.7. But now after upgrade the entire rig is crashing.

Ah, gotcha. Hmm. Are you using AMD or Nvidia? I find that happens with AMD for me sometimes, for Nvidia at least 2 cards have to overheat or crash for the whole rig to go down...

(and ultimately the solution you need for long term is how to get your temps down, but I'm sure you already know that, not trying to be naggy or anything)

Have you considered trying a fresh install? Since all the system changes (other than adding custom miners or anything) are in the config files, it's a pretty easy thing to try...
kriskarthik

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:50:54 AM

All cards are GTX 1070s. I’ve reinstalled the older version so things are back to normal. But I would like to know one thing that is above the actual behavior of new version or is this simply a fault? If it is the expected behavior then I intend to keep the old version running.

greyday

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:28:53 AM

All cards are GTX 1070s. I’ve reinstalled the older version so things are back to normal. But I would like to know one thing that is above the actual behavior of new version or is this simply a fault? If it is the expected behavior then I intend to keep the old version running.

I haven't encountered it yet, but I do have 4x 1070s running that I can mess around with temps with and see. I've only had throttling of individual cards in my other two rigs (580s on one, 1060s on another) but the rig keeps hashing, just down a card, so hrm. If you want to post your config file (delete or blackout passwords of course) I can take a look and compare to mine, but it sounds like you're probably right, it's probably something in the OS itself. Did you report it to the devs on the ethos site?
kriskarthik

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:37:12 PM

Yes, it seems installation issue. The downgraded OS works just fine with same configurations. I also updated my other rig into the latest version and that also works fine and only individual GPUs goes into throttle mode. Thanks @greyday for your help. Cheers

betaplus

Activity: 54
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 06:02:03 AM

if you make a little digging you can download it free,
I did that and after week of testing i bought it Wink

where did you find it Smiley
I really want to test it before buy.

betaplus.com.tr
Satılık sıfır RX470-4GB 30MH/S,
500 adet stok, özel fiyatlar için arayın.
BSAlex

Activity: 239
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:26:35 PM

if you make a little digging you can download it free,
I did that and after week of testing i bought it Wink

where did you find it Smiley
I really want to test it before buy.

It is not a good idea to get the OS from unreliable source. You can start mining for different person without any warning.
kriskarthik

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:58:46 AM

Temperature control continues to be my biggest headache right now and few of my GPU goes into throttle mode within few hours. Is there a way I can reset the GPU from throttle mode to normal mode without restarting the rig and miner ?

hagbase

Activity: 433
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:02:55 AM

Try "clear-thermals" it should reset everything.
kriskarthik

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:03:29 PM

Try "clear-thermals" it should reset everything.

Great. Thanks for that. I would give it a try when it goes to throttle next time. It was puzzling me for a while and I’m glad that I asked here Smiley Smiley thanks again.

greyday

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:35:55 PM

I highly recommend the 1.3.0 upgrade (or upgrading miners independently). They upgraded all the miners; I'm getting +1-2/card on ethminer since the update...
Bimmber

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:43:24 PM

Ton of good changes, but STILL no bminer in ethos  Angry

ethOS 1.3.0 changelog (released February 28th 2018)

Major Changes
Added support for certain AMDGPU RX series GPUs that displayed 511C and crashed via installing experimental kernels and drivers.
Added support for RX 550 via installing experimental kernels and drivers.
Added support for NVIDIA Titan V, GTX 1060 5GB, GTX 1060 Rev.2 via installing experimental kernels and drivers.
Added more support staff to #ethosdistro/Freenode IRC channel
Added /gethelp shortcut in on-rig IRC clients so that users can generate diagostics links by typing /gethelp directly in channel.
Updated all installed miners to their latest versions and added packages necessary to support them.
Created automatic driver packager for NVIDIA and created NVIDIA driver set for version 390.25.
Added CDN load balancer to ethOS download page in order to serve the ethOS download file from the server that is closest to the user.

Bug Fixes
Fixed cases where ethminer hashrate under 10 megahashes would not display hashrate correctly.
Added blake2s and keccak coins to dualminer reporting.
Added better support for updating from very old ethOS versions.
Added necessary fglrx and nvidia patches to kernel 4.15
Added an automated CPU performance manager in order to reduce CPU load when running many NVDIA GPUs.
Fixed cases where ethminer proxy would not restart correctly.
Fixed many cases of false positive displays of "gpu clock problem".
Fixed a bug that caused hash collection to time out if system load was too high.
Fixed a bug that prevented stats from reporting if too many rigpools were specified.
Allowed ethOS config parameters to work even if they have preceding spaces.
Fixed a bug that prevented poolemail from applying correctly when dual mining in certain cases.
Added driver patch for USB NIC into kernel sources.
Added local JSON stats dump to /var/run/ethos/stats.json
Added install-amd-beta and install-nv-beta commands to the pull latest beta drivers from the ethOS repository.
Added hotfix command for use with future hotfixes.
Sanitized overclock values in overclock scripts.
Fixed a case where the display monitor shows yellow text and blank screen during the boot process.
Fixed regex issues associated with the poolemail config option, which had parsing problems under certain conditions.
Fixed a bug in the AMDGPU (RX) overclock script that could cause crashes if applied after booting.
Updated amdgpu-pro OPENCL stack to latest stable version.
Made configmaker.com perform more reliably by upgrading its server.
Added support for failover pools in dstm-zcash

Cosmetic Changes and Cleanup
Added the ethOS license agreement to the ethOS desktop and MOTD, which disappears once accepted.
Added prompt if user attemps to run ethos-update without a working Internet connection.
Added "possible miner stall" message to ethOS status if miner has been working for a while, but hash is zero.
Added list of any crashed GPUs into the ethOS status message.
Corrected the bash prompt hashrate display to display "0" if the miner stalled or was otherwise not mining.
Removed color codes from miner output files in gethelp diagnostic files, so that logs are easier to read.
Added warnings and advice if user attempted to use an ethOS config option as a linux command.
Allowed show miner log to automatically clear if the miner changed.
Fixed cases where the NVIDA gpulist pci bus identification was not accurate.
Fixed the "lockscreen" button on the right hand side of the taskbar in the ethOS desktop.
Revamped ethOS desktop menus and added a "hard-reboot" option into the ethOS desktop interface.
Added Shutdown and Restart buttons to ethOS desktop, which were accidentally removed in a previous version.
Added notices to ethOS desktop and ethOS status if an invalid miner is specified.
Removed silentarmy miner due to no active development from author.
Added collection method for unique rig UUID.
Added collection method for ccminer flags and dualminer_pool
Added ethos-smi output to gethelp diagnostics link.
Added motherboard BIOS version to gethelp diagnostics link, ethOS panel, and JSON API.
Changed "#" ethOS bash prompt to "$" ethOS bash prompt (to see clear difference between root and ethos users).
Added list of common ethOS commands to the ethOS Knowledge Base.
Added pci.ids for GTX 1060 5GB and GTX 1060 Rev.2
Added ethOS license agreement to ethOS download page.
greyday

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 03:09:35 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2018, 07:28:22 PM by greyday

Have you tried installing it? Not sure it would work with the config file, but it may. Use the Linux install instructions.
Charlie0299

Activity: 64
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:29:20 AM

This mining method is really good, I need to learn to use.thanks!
betaplus

Activity: 54
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 11:15:36 PM

I tried to install google remote desktop but i didn't allow me to install .deb file.
Is google remote desktop possible with Ethos?

betaplus.com.tr
Satılık sıfır RX470-4GB 30MH/S,
500 adet stok, özel fiyatlar için arayın.
hagbase

Activity: 433
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:37:25 AM

After update to 1.3.0  dpm state settings don't work anymore.
All gpus set to dpm state 2 but dmesg show dpm state 7. Even with forced voltage  dpm stays at 7.

Is there a way force dpm state 2 within amdgpu driver?
sakasaka

Activity: 38

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:15:17 PM

I am getting very good result with windows claymore. 28.5 MH/S stable hash rate.
But i get only 23 mh/s with ethos.

https://prntscr.com/imnsah

How should i do the overclock?
Bimmber

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:59:57 PM

I am getting very good result with windows claymore. 28.5 MH/S stable hash rate.

Yes

http://ethosdistro.com/kb/#overclocking
greyday

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 05:14:18 PM

I tried to install google remote desktop but i didn't allow me to install .deb file.
Is google remote desktop possible with Ethos?

If you have a computer on the same network you don't need it in ethOS, you just need it on that computer. I use OSX's desktop sharing or whatever it's called (built into screen sharing, just requires some tweaking) so when I leave town I just log into the gui of my server and then use the ethOS dashboard links to shell-in-a-box. Or you can just ssh into your ethOS machines from anywhere, I just find this method easier...
greyday

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 05:15:17 PM

Use the settings in your claymore stub in windows in your ethos config file instead.
sakasaka

Activity: 38

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:17:39 PM

Use the settings in your claymore stub in windows in your ethos config file instead.
as far as i read, there is no sub file since last few versions of ethos.

My claymore settings are like this.

could you please put it in ethos local.conf version?

Code:
-mode 1 
-dcri 5
-cvddc 900,900,900,900,900,900
-mvddc 800,800,800,800,800,800
-cclock 1100,1100,1100,1100,1100,1100
-mclock 2000,2000,2000,2000,2000,2000
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: