Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:45:48 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ethOS - Ethereum Mining Platform  (Read 94457 times)
ethosdash

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 06:20:56 AM

Hello.  I just updated my rig to 1.3.1 and clicking on the menu shortcuts for ethOS Stats Panel and ethOS Knowledgebase bring up a blank Chromium screen.  After a little bit, an alert pops up that says the page is unresponsive, but that is blacked out as well.  I see no other ways to open Chromium and this bug was not there before the update.  Next steps?

If that was the only rig reporting and it was offline for a little bit, the system probably just changed your panel "name". Confirm the address by typing helpme into your rig.
just type in 'browser' in command line to launch Chromium
alternatively, you can use this website for stats and profit calculations, at https://ethosdash.com it's using API from ethosdidtro server, and it woks a bit faster.
coinmancan

Activity: 138
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 04:25:51 PM

I appreciate everyone's chiming in. At the same time no one's taken the time to (carefully) read what I've written and we're really going down the wrong path here.  As written previously:

The rig was updated to 1.3.1.
The rig boots and hashes fine.
The Chromium window is unresponsive. and blank/black.
The "browser" command works.
The menu shortcut works.
After a while a notification pops up that says "Page unresponsive". This is also blank/black.

The info posted is helpful, just not applicable. I'm re-writing this so that if someone else searches they can see that they were not the only person with the problem.  Also re-writing for the sake of showing that we can help each other better when we read what each other has written. This happens a lot nowdays, people skim emails and messages and communication suffers.

To solve the issue I've redownloaded ethOS and will reinstall as I need to use the internet on the machine and the Chromium program, as mentioned above, is not working.
ethosdash

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 01:57:42 AM

I appreciate everyone's chiming in. At the same time no one's taken the time to (carefully) read what I've written and we're really going down the wrong path here.  As written previously:

The rig was updated to 1.3.1.
The rig boots and hashes fine.
The Chromium window is unresponsive. and blank/black.
The "browser" command works.
The menu shortcut works.
After a while a notification pops up that says "Page unresponsive". This is also blank/black.

The info posted is helpful, just not applicable. I'm re-writing this so that if someone else searches they can see that they were not the only person with the problem.  Also re-writing for the sake of showing that we can help each other better when we read what each other has written. This happens a lot nowdays, people skim emails and messages and communication suffers.

To solve the issue I've redownloaded ethOS and will reinstall as I need to use the internet on the machine and the Chromium program, as mentioned above, is not working.
hi coinman, i'm sorry to hear of your frustration with chromium, but as long as your rig and miner are working, perhaps it's not an ethOS issue as such, but rather Ubuntu or Chromium itself. I had an instance were home page -  panelid.ethosdistro.com wasn't responding and I was getting same message, but other web content was displayed with no issues. Good luck with it anyways. I hope my message hasn't cause any suffer to the communication channel))
Maxxbill
Copper Member

Activity: 85

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 11:07:03 AM

BIP-32 : Ethos
BIP-32 describes what Hierarchical Deterministic wallets (HD wallets) are and how they operate. An HD wallet is a system for deriving seemingly infinite private/public key pairs from

https://support.ethos.io/support/solutions/articles/35000072135-bip-32
Maxxbill
Copper Member

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 11:14:38 AM

The pre-registration form is right here: https://www.ethos.io/universal-wallet/

Those who pre-register will automatically receive airdrop tokens, with the same dollar value for everyone.

The airdrop tokens will be available in your wallet at the time of wallet installation and set-up. The dollar value of the airdrops will also be revealed at that time too. Wink

Please note: You do NOT need to have Ethos tokens to receive the airdrops. Pre-registration is the ONLY requirement.
Maxxbill
Copper Member

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 11:44:59 AM

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethos_io/comments/8f8gha/get_ready_world_testing_has_arrived_for_the_ethos/

Testing has arrived for the Ethos app.
scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1796
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 07:58:19 PM

BIP-32 describes what Hierarchical Deterministic wallets (HD wallets) are and how they operate. An HD wallet is a system for deriving seemingly infinite private/public key pairs from

MAXXBILL YOU ARE IN THE WRONG THREAD--

The ethOS Operating System (OS) is for coin mining with GPUs.  The wallet that you are describing has a similarity in NAME ONLY.  It may be something worthy, but it is not the topic of this thread.       --scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
Maxxbill
Copper Member

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 06:20:36 AM

MAXXBILL YOU ARE IN THE WRONG THREAD--

The ethOS Operating System (OS) is for coin mining with GPUs.  The wallet that you are describing has a similarity in NAME ONLY.  It may be something worthy, but it is not the topic of this thread.       --scryptr

Really Sorry scryptr. I will not do this again.
tishog

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 01:46:20 PM

What is the best solution to optimise GPU's temperature/fans management?
Currently I am only using
Code:
globalfan 80
in config?
I haven't tried Claymore's settings as I've heart they don't work in Linux - or am I wrong?
ethOS - v1.3.1
Claymore - v11.7

Thanks
broilsemla0

Activity: 69

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 02:40:35 PM

All the useful information on this has been collated and that is a good thing.
LovellaSai

Activity: 89

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 08:07:25 PM

As soon as some on PMs you, you will start ripping off all your hair.
greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 11:55:08 PM

Code:
globalfan 80
in config?
I haven't tried Claymore's settings as I've heart they don't work in Linux - or am I wrong?
ethOS - v1.3.1
Claymore - v11.7

Thanks

That is correct, on ethOS you don't need to touch Claymore settings, you can set it all (including dual mining) in the local.conf/remote.conf.
tishog

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:49:37 PM

Code:
globalfan 80
in config?
ethOS - v1.3.1
Claymore - v11.7

Thanks

That is correct, on ethOS you don't need to touch Claymore settings, you can set it all (including dual mining) in the local.conf/remote.conf.
I see but isn't 80% too high for the fans? Can I make the fans to automatically reach the desired temperature?
redshiftexpensive

Activity: 69

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:11:13 PM

There will be fore sure some future releases and I am not the one gauging on this.
greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 08:16:06 AM

Code:
globalfan 80
in config?
ethOS - v1.3.1
Claymore - v11.7

Thanks

I see but isn't 80% too high for the fans? Can I make the fans to automatically reach the desired temperature?

Not at all, depending on room temp mine vary between 60% and 90%. If all your cards are as overclocked as you're planning to set them, and your temps are below whatever level you deem "safe" (I go by 55C, as that allows some comfortable room temp variation), feel free to lower it.
pubmongrelT

Activity: 64

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:46:10 PM

Ethereum is something that is too good and there is no point stating the obvious.
ribm4

Activity: 89

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 06:59:22 PM

You have made a lot of good points and therefore it will be now an easy task for lots.
nuieskater

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 12:23:06 AM

Using some other stuff,  I can say  "Hey Siri  start mining".

And five-starts for support team.

mumpungiso

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:10:15 AM

Thank you for the offer, but i still at windows and linux.
I know it is far more stable then windows, but some of us still prefer windows. you can set clocks memory etc on linux as well. and for ethereum linux is good, if i have to mine only eth with 2 or 3 rigs i'd prefer linux for sure.
Btw nice job.
Maxxbill
Copper Member

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 08:52:02 AM

They should want to get a jump start going into summer! Coinbase made a big move yesterday! Ethos needs the app up and fully running.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: