Bitcoin Forum
March 23, 2017, 12:46:04 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.14.0  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: List of all cryptocoins  (Read 701832 times)
The_Catman

Activity: 168

Captain Jack Fenderson

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 09:17:20 PM

I don't see DragonCoin in this list, needs an update Smiley

Also no BarCoin, should be listed under "NOT AN OPENSOURCE COMMODITY CRYPTO COIN /  NEVER FULLY LAUNCHED". It's a demonstration coin like smallchange but it does have a functional blockchain.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ZeRo103

Activity: 154

Hack The Planet

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 06:40:37 AM

Not sure about the accuracy of the DGC entry in the 1st post:

-DGC DigitalCoin- preannouced for 23rd as diff 1, but than suddenly launched on 20th with 0.00024 diff

The pre-anounce thread is here from Sun May 19th.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=209508.0

It announcement says the coin is to be launched on Monday the 20th and it was. I was waiting for it and started mining within minutes of the link to the binaries appearing in the thread.

The pre-announcement also says:

Difficulty: Starts at 0.00024414 - It will take 6-8 difficulty adjustments (or ~13000 blocks) to reach desired difficulty of 1

Announce post was edited. entry is accurate.

So what if it was edited ... was edited before launch not after ... I, like everybody else were mining from 1st day ... and you make it sound like he cheated because was launched earlier. Everybody who was interested was there from day 1 and everybody else on forums are saying that was a fair launch. You probably should do more research before posting ... and probably you should remove all those dieing coins (CHC, BQC ... ).

No man is wise enough, nor good enough to be trusted with unlimited power
Digitalcoin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=209508.0
DGC Marketplace: dgcmarket.com
The_Catman

Captain Jack Fenderson

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 07:58:02 AM

So what if it was edited ... was edited before launch not after ... I, like everybody else were mining from 1st day ... and you make it sound like he cheated because was launched earlier. Everybody who was interested was there from day 1 and everybody else on forums are saying that was a fair launch. You probably should do more research before posting ... and probably you should remove all those dieing coins (CHC, BQC ... ).

Yeah, it was edited less than 24hrs before the new launch. That's pretty scammy, I dare say even scummy, and well within the definition of "suddenly launched before the originally set date with little warning". I like the coin but I can't refuse the facts. xorxor wasn't even negative about it, he just stated it exactly how it is.

There's no reason to remove dying coins from the list, there's a section specifically for them and that's exactly where they should be. If we just hide away the dead someones doomed to make the same mistake they did. (Though they'll probably do it anyway.)

BBQCoin isn't even dying, it's made quite a come back recently and is occasionally more profitable to mine than BTC.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 12:06:54 PM

bitcoin shouldn't be major, but "the one above all" slot

baritus

Activity: 686

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 08:31:56 PM

Yeah, it was edited less than 24hrs before the new launch. That's pretty scammy, I dare say even scummy, and well within the definition of "suddenly launched before the originally set date with little warning". I like the coin but I can't refuse the facts. xorxor wasn't even negative about it, he just stated it exactly how it is.

There's no reason to remove dying coins from the list, there's a section specifically for them and that's exactly where they should be. If we just hide away the dead someones doomed to make the same mistake they did. (Though they'll probably do it anyway.)

BBQCoin isn't even dying, it's made quite a come back recently and is occasionally more profitable to mine than BTC.

You dare say a lot of things you know nothing about.

I had specifically told everyone the date was only an estimate. I updated it as it got sooner and let everyone know as it got closer, not 24 hours before.

Have you ever heard of a little thing called motive? One of the major things needed to actually make an argument against someone and not just have an opinion? If there were any bad intentions, why would I announce as I went along? Why would I say the date is an estimate? Why would I say 24 hours before?

Ultimately, why would I build in fairness? Early rewards that were pretty much worthless until everyone who was interested in the coin was able to be involved.

This thread is an opinion by a biased poster who has his own favourites and what not. It should only be taken as such.

http://digitalcoin.co | Multi-algorithm crypto-currency launched in 2013. Traded on BTC38.com, Bittrex.com, and more.
The_Catman

Captain Jack Fenderson

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 10:20:26 PM

You dare say a lot of things you know nothing about.

I had specifically told everyone the date was only an estimate. I updated it as it got sooner and let everyone know as it got closer, not 24 hours before.

Have you ever heard of a little thing called motive? One of the major things needed to actually make an argument against someone and not just have an opinion? If there were any bad intentions, why would I announce as I went along? Why would I say the date is an estimate? Why would I say 24 hours before?

Ultimately, why would I build in fairness? Early rewards that were pretty much worthless until everyone who was interested in the coin was able to be involved.

This thread is an opinion by a biased poster who has his own favourites and what not. It should only be taken as such.

I think you're entirely misunderstanding what is being said.

If the post was made on the 19th and the launch date was later changed from the 23rd to the 20th then there's no way there was much more than 24hrs. before the change. That is the definition of a sudden launch with little warning. That's all xorxor said, he never even said it was a bad thing. There is absolutely no displayed bias on xorxor's ("the thread's") part.

I said it felt scammy (well I meant to, but I missed the "feel" in my original statement, oops), which it does, especially with the difficulty being so much lower than originally stated. That doesn't mean I'm saying the coin is a scam or even personally believe it to be. Hell, I even said I like the coin. I even designed a proper coin style logo for it.

I don't really how to respond to that bit about motive, I'm not sure what you're getting at there...

TitanBTC

Activity: 320

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 02:09:04 AM

I'd like to see a pro's and cons modification to the list from the perspective of professional miners.  I'm looking into setting up a pretty large mining farm and it would be great to know people's perspectives on which coins are effectively protected from ASICs, or which ones have a high potential for future value based on the improvements they've made on the BTC protocol.

Kind of like an OP ED piece from a place of experience.  It's sometimes hard to tell who has valid opinions based on experience as I wade through these forums.

Praxis
Legendary

Activity: 1013

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 04:04:16 PM

WDC Worldcoin-diff resonance Another LTC clone. ultra fast.  criticized for instamine

"Criticized for instamine"? By whom? Based on what?

I thought the opposite was true. Most people liked WDC precisely because its launch was so transparent without premine.

Decred || forum.decred.org || http://www.reddit.com/r/decred
xorxor

Activity: 392

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 05:30:40 PM

WDC Worldcoin-diff resonance Another LTC clone. ultra fast.  criticized for instamine

"Criticized for instamine"? By whom? Based on what?

I thought the opposite was true. Most people liked WDC precisely because its launch was so transparent without premine.

Started with diff 0.00024 and block time 15s.... this was not an ordinary orphanfest, this one had whole chains geting 51% all the time, people had confirmed tens of blocks and BOOM disapeared. such a low diff with such a low blocktime was kept being overtaken not by 51%, but by 5%!!. someone with 100+ instances running in the single LAN had latency so low, that he orphaned the whole rest of internet not even having a lot of hashpower. that is realy hardcore instamine.  instamine and premine is not the same thing. instamine hapens after launch if parameters are set poorly or intentionally bad. premine happens before launch.

Read all the announce thread.

chriswilmer
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 11:07:33 PM

It's pretty awesome that you maintain this list. Very handy!!!
kimoto

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 09:05:30 AM

MAJOR
MΣC Megacoin - Updated Core, Scrypt, 2.5min blocks, Fast 22.5min difficulty retarget. 42 million coins.
The_Catman

Captain Jack Fenderson

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 09:11:40 AM

MAJOR
MΣC Megacoin - Updated Core, Scrypt, 2.5min blocks, Fast 22.5min difficulty retarget. 42 million coins.

Keep telling yourself that.  Roll Eyes

bnogal

Activity: 180

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 05:03:20 PM

I dont understand why:
-MNC Mincoin- diff resonance similar to BBQ, but very bad launch [no binaries + 25000% superblocks] giving 10% of all coins to insiders.
-CNC CHNCoin-hi diff slowdown similar to BBQ, announced on chinese forum first.
-JKC JKC- low diff started as a joke, but now working ok. low starting diff and slow retarget like BTE, FTC, MNC, CNC
-YAC YACoin-  Yet Another altCoin. NovaCoin fork, with modified hashing - for now CPU-ONLY
-WDC Worldcoin

are over DGC

The_Catman

Captain Jack Fenderson

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 05:11:32 PM

I dont understand why:
-MNC Mincoin- diff resonance similar to BBQ, but very bad launch [no binaries + 25000% superblocks] giving 10% of all coins to insiders.
-JKC JKC- low diff started as a joke, but now working ok. low starting diff and slow retarget like BTE, FTC, MNC, CNC
-YAC YACoin-  Yet Another altCoin. NovaCoin fork, with modified hashing - for now CPU-ONLY
-WDC Worldcoin

are over DGC

There's no particular order to this, DGC just hasn't been moved from the New section yet.

xorxor

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 06:37:50 PM

I dont understand why:
-YAC YACoin-  Yet Another altCoin. NovaCoin fork, with modified hashing - for now CPU-ONLY
-WDC Worldcoin

are over DGC

There's no particular order to this, DGC just hasn't been moved from the New section yet.

yes, DGC goes there next update.

Exchange rate and difficulty fluctuation is very big. not to change the list twice a day, I use big hysteresis and inertia in those changes.

in next update, I will remove most if not all data, that can be taken as negative.  

instamine / missed date / no binaries / etc   ->   this data is going to be removed.
I dont need discussion with zealots - Ill go even more neutral.

please PM me the coin You would like to see in an update.

bnogal

Activity: 180

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 07:55:56 PM

I am not a zealot, i am terran user Tongue

Anyway i was just asking cause checking what can i mine i only see movement in DGC, so i was thinking if it is cause people is trying to pump it or it is cause there are people supporting it (or both)

xorxor

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 09:04:54 PM

I am not a zealot, i am terran user Tongue

Anyway i was just asking cause checking what can i mine i only see movement in DGC, so i was thinking if it is cause people is trying to pump it or it is cause there are people supporting it (or both)

the only way to tell the difference between pump and support is to wait and see if it stays. Thats why no coin can advance or degrade quickly.

jmbinfo

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 09:46:51 PM

Please add AMC...especially with the recent info regarding btce: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=219165.460
walnutter

Activity: 137

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 02:35:42 AM

That list is missing EzCoin - EZC - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=220103.0

BTC: 1Q9sa5vzxriFr8nmPQB1Rcew8SUoVBhsu3 | WDC: WerUwZ6cvmYRcd39pvgj1PPG5hW1chKdtC
revilo

Activity: 171

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:43:43 AM

One of the best looking new coins is StableCoin
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=227766.0

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 87 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.