Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 01:32:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073026 times)
frankkkkkkk

Activity: 594
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 06:28:12 AM

yes,one more good project

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 07:30:07 AM

Time will tell if it is good project or not, we still need to see terms of ico.
WorldCoiner

Activity: 1069
Merit: 682

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 09:38:36 AM

I was blogging about this today (in German)
https://altcoinspekulant.wordpress.com/2016/02/01/crypti-vs-lisk-palastrevolution-fuehrt-zur-spaltung-der-community/

Max, Interesse an einem Interview per Mail, gib mir einfach Bescheid, gebe Dir gerne Gelegenheit Deine Sicht der Dinge zu schildern.
LiskHQ (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 509

Decentralized Application Platform

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 10:18:55 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2016, 02:22:12 PM by LiskHQ

Thank you very much. I added you to our bounty list and will insert this translation shortly to the OP.

@LiskHQ ICO will be open to everyone? any planned min/max limits?

Yes, it will be open to everyone. You will be able to exchange Bitcoin, Ethereum and Crypti. A lower/upper hardcap (min/max limit) is not planned. More details will be posted this week.

I was blogging about this today (in German)
https://altcoinspekulant.wordpress.com/2016/02/01/crypti-vs-lisk-palastrevolution-fuehrt-zur-spaltung-der-community/

Max, Interesse an einem Interview per Mail, gib mir einfach Bescheid, gebe Dir gerne Gelegenheit Deine Sicht der Dinge zu schildern.

Thank you for the article! I will write you a PM regarding the interview. Wink

Information regarding the testnet and faucet

We just saw that someone is collecting many testnet LISK. We want to emphasize once again that these are only valid on the testnet and are for testing purposes only. We will launch the mainnet late March and the testnet will be turned offline then.

Thank you. Smiley

Lisk.io - Blockchain Application Platform
LiskHQ (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 03:30:24 PM

Closing the last Commitments to the Crypti Foundation

Hello Everybody,
Olivier and I made Lisk public to everyone at the same time. We didn’t give the Crypti Foundation a pre-notice in order to avoid a heated dispute or give anyone a trading advantage.
This method made it necessary to keep our Crypti commitments ongoing until our announcement was done. We will close all commitments with this blog post, which seals our bonds toward the Crypti Foundation.

Read the full announcement on our blog.

bobafett

Activity: 619

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 03:34:34 PM

German OP finished
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1348884.0
LiskHQ (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 03:45:45 PM

Thank you. Added you to the bounty list and added the link to the OP.

By the way, we will release the bounty list to the public within the next days. That way everyone can keep track of them.

karmacoma24

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

LiskHQ CTO

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 04:22:43 PM

Please note, for those XCR holders in need and for the duration of the ICO.

A Crypti (XCR) block explorer will be hosted at: https://cryptichain.lisk.io/

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
MonsterZeroPrice

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 05:08:47 PM

If I understood it right, your exit of crypti project led to a massive price decline of more than 100% of crypti.

I lost money since I bought around 1000 to 1700 sat.

I think you should offer a refund for crypti scamed investors first and then talking aboiut getting fresh money.

Now you want new investors for your new project.

How can investors be sure that you do not leave lisk in a couple of months too and price crashing again?
LiskHQ (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 05:22:39 PM

If I understood it right, your exit of crypti project led to a massive price decline of more than 100% of crypti.

I lost money since I bought around 1000 to 1700 sat.

I think you should offer a refund for crypti scamed investors first and then talking aboiut getting fresh money.

Now you want new investors for your new project.

How can investors be sure that you do not leave lisk in a couple of months too and price crashing again?

Hello MonsterZeroPrice,

I can understand that you are confused. You will be able to exchange your XCR for LISK at our ICO. We will valuate the XCR at a fixed conversion rate of 1300 satoshis.

To answer your second question. For over one year we were working for Crypti, gave it our all and invested a huge amount of time into it. This is a big positive track record you can't underestimate, additionally we are present with our faces and real names.

There is always some kind of risk to get into new crypto-currencies, but I honestly believe that the risk at Lisk is extremely low or non existent. Especially for those who exchange their XCR, you can read here why.

Low risk = Lisk. Funny word play.  Cheesy

Litoshi

Activity: 700

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 07:02:52 PM

Seems like a win-win here.  You can purchase XCR for less than 1300 sats and then convert it into LISK at one for one.  So if you buy XCR at 650, you get twice as much LISK for your satoshis.

And since almost all crypto coins go up in value immediatly after the IPO/ICO, due to demand from those not in early, there is an opportunity to further increase your satoshi equivalent here.

Example:  Invest 650,000 sats, buy 1000 XCR; get 1000 LISK at 1300 satoshi initial price; price goes up to 2500 sats; sell LISK for 2,500,000 sats. 

poornamelessme

Activity: 1204

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 07:42:26 PM

I've been out of crypto for about a year... came back like a month ago, and was happy to see Crypti still around (as it's one of the alts I kept). Anyway, just as the price was creeping up a bit and I was thinking of diversifying/cashing out a little, of course this happens.

The Lisk ICO thing could work, at least as a way to keep XCR at decent price levels/escape route for XCR people (for who want to escape)... but only if the btc bonus isn't too high. If I read the ICO info correctly, those swapping XCR for Lisk will get it at the equivalent of 1300 sats. Not a bad price at all. Even though XCR has reached 1300-1600 sats recently, volume has been an issue.

But I also believe people paying in BTC will get a bonus too? Now depending on what that bonus is, it decreases what the actual XCR equivalent value is. Say BTC people get a 10% bonus... okay, that means XCR equivalent buy-in isn't really 1300 anymore. So that could possibly be problematic.

Otherwise, when the ICO rolls around, those who want to buy-in would be better off just buying up XCR for the 1300 rate. So I guess I am saying to the Lisk people... either have a very small BTC bonus, or none at all.
At least that way it keeps XCR price somewhat stable for now, and around the ICO time, theoretically could lead to a run-up in price. Ex: I expect those without XCR would then be willing to pay 1000-1200 sat for XCR to convert to Lisk vs 1300 in BTC.
poornamelessme

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 07:59:38 PM

Seems like a win-win here.  You can purchase XCR for less than 1300 sats and then convert it into LISK at one for one.  So if you buy XCR at 650, you get twice as much LISK for your satoshis.

And since almost all crypto coins go up in value immediatly after the IPO/ICO, due to demand from those not in early, there is an opportunity to further increase your satoshi equivalent here.

Example:  Invest 650,000 sats, buy 1000 XCR; get 1000 LISK at 1300 satoshi initial price; price goes up to 2500 sats; sell LISK for 2,500,000 sats. 

Theoretically it could play out like that. But like all things crypto... who knows.

Things I can suggest to soothe over things a bit more is:
Offer the 30 day option to convert back to XCR (like I believe they already stated they would do)
But set that 30 day timer not from the end of the ICO, but from the first day the coin gets on a major exchange.

Also agree to a 1300 buy wall for at least a certain period of time after the coin gets on an exchange. I realize that the ICO won't likely bring in enough to allow a giganto buy wall, but they could at least put some sort of wall up.

That way, it truly is a low risk situation. It also would boost current XCR values back to around where it was (maybe).
Litoshi

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 08:17:16 PM

If you think this through, the purchase of LISK with XCR is not only the cheapest way to go, but can be the safest.

An escrow with BTC in Bter is out of the question.  Cryptsy has been robbed by either a hacker or an inside job.  Does anyone really trust an exchange with hundreds of BTC?  We all know that the exchanges engage in fractional reserve banking....... that is....... they use the BTC funds for their operations, knowing that everyone will not withdraw at the same time.

With XCR, a investor in LISK could make a new XCR wallet, transfer the XCR to that wallet, then send Max the password to that account.  Max could then retrieve the XCR when the LISK is issued.  Until then, the investor could remove their XCR from the new wallet if they change their mind. 

This would then create a full public record, and avoid any escrow fees.  Only the standard transaction fees would be incurred.

poornamelessme

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 08:23:42 PM

If you think this through, the purchase of LISK with XCR is not only the cheapest way to go, but can be the safest.

An escrow with BTC in Bter is out of the question.  Cryptsy has been robbed by either a hacker or an inside job.  Does anyone really trust an exchange with hundreds of BTC? 

Well, assuming the LISK people simply don't want a pile of XCR and no outside investors (meaning just XCR people moving to Lisk -- which is sort of dangerous, to be honest), we'd have to trust some exchanges.

Otherwise, how would new investors buy that XCR to begin with? Or eventually trade Lisk? If you are saying we can't trust any exchanges at all, why would anyone want Lisk to begin with? Too risky to use an exchange to buy/trade it.

LiskHQ (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 08:26:10 PM

I've been out of crypto for about a year... came back like a month ago, and was happy to see Crypti still around (as it's one of the alts I kept). Anyway, just as the price was creeping up a bit and I was thinking of diversifying/cashing out a little, of course this happens.

The Lisk ICO thing could work, at least as a way to keep XCR at decent price levels/escape route for XCR people (for who want to escape)... but only if the btc bonus isn't too high. If I read the ICO info correctly, those swapping XCR for Lisk will get it at the equivalent of 1300 sats. Not a bad price at all. Even though XCR has reached 1300-1600 sats recently, volume has been an issue.

But I also believe people paying in BTC will get a bonus too? Now depending on what that bonus is, it decreases what the actual XCR equivalent value is. Say BTC people get a 10% bonus... okay, that means XCR equivalent buy-in isn't really 1300 anymore. So that could possibly be problematic.

Otherwise, when the ICO rolls around, those who want to buy-in would be better off just buying up XCR for the 1300 rate. So I guess I am saying to the Lisk people... either have a very small BTC bonus, or none at all.
At least that way it keeps XCR price somewhat stable for now, and around the ICO time, theoretically could lead to a run-up in price. Ex: I expect those without XCR would then be willing to pay 1000-1200 sat for XCR to convert to Lisk vs 1300 in BTC.

Yes, there will be BTC and ETH bonuses. The exact numbers will be made public within this week. The 1300 satoshi conversion rate is a fair offer from us and creates an escape route to a fresh project for the whole Crypti community.

However, in our focus are also new investors who will invest with Bitcoin or Ethereum. This way we can hire additional developers and marketing people, buy news packages on various news outlets and focus on JavaScript developers to build dapps, i.e. by giving out seed-funds or start development competitions.

We just released our Media Kit

You can now download our media kit with many different Lisk logos, icons, branding images and our color palette. Just take a look, there is also the original Photoshop file of our logo included. Unfortunately, I can't show you a preview here on Bitcointalk as my forum rank not allows me to post images yet.

Just head to:

https://lisk.io/mediakit

poornamelessme

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 08:29:33 PM

Yes, there will be BTC and ETH bonuses. The exact numbers will be made public within this week. The 1300 satoshi conversion rate is a fair offer from us and creates an escape route to a fresh project for the whole Crypti community.

However, in our focus are also new investors who will invest with Bitcoin or Ethereum. This way we can hire additional developers and marketing people, buy news packages on various news outlets and focus on JavaScript developers to build dapps, i.e. by giving out seed-funds or start development competitions.

I strongly agree that you want outside investors.

Just saying keep those bonuses reasonable, as otherwise that 1300 value isn't really 1300. Whatever the bonus is... it won't be 1300, just don't make it so it's equivalent to less that 1000.
LiskHQ (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 08:43:11 PM

I strongly agree that you want outside investors.

Just saying keep those bonuses reasonable, as otherwise that 1300 value isn't really 1300. Whatever the bonus is... it won't be 1300, just don't make it so it's equivalent to less that 1000.

Yes, we will keep everything reasonable.

Welcome to Lisk. This is us.

Hey there!
We are Olivier Beddows and Max Kordek, CTO and CEO of Lisk. Most of you probably know us from the Crypti Foundation in which we were active members over the past year.

Read the full article on our blog

PS: We will now begin to publish a Lisk related blog article every day minimum. You can look forward to many information. Smiley

Litoshi

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 08:51:22 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2016, 09:07:24 PM by Litoshi

An escrow with BTC in Bter is out of the question.  Cryptsy has been robbed by either a hacker or an inside job.  Does anyone really trust an exchange with hundreds of BTC?  

Well, assuming the LISK people simply don't want a pile of XCR and no outside investors (meaning just XCR people moving to Lisk -- which is sort of dangerous, to be honest), we'd have to trust some exchanges.

Otherwise, how would new investors buy that XCR to begin with? Or eventually trade Lisk? If you are saying we can't trust any exchanges at all, why would anyone want Lisk to begin with? Too risky to use an exchange to buy/trade it.

There is an exchange that I trust.  Coinbase.  I have been using them for three years now.  The one thing that stands out at Coinbase, is that they dont engage in fractional reserve BTC banking, and they do not use your BTC for operations.  They do move the BTC deposits to an offline vault immediately, but in your account name.

I have noticed that the small satoshi deposits I receive from faucets are the same coins that I receive when I transfer them to another BTC account.  Other exchanges will merge numerous small deposits, so when I withdraw, I get one BTC with the accumulated satoshi value.  At Coinbase, I get all the individual satoshi coins that were deposited over time.

Here is my coinbase account:  1JntWNTpsFUdYzqyQ5Fqy24CWK1vwfrCW5

https://blockchain.info/address/1JntWNTpsFUdYzqyQ5Fqy24CWK1vwfrCW5

You can see the history for yourself.  

Also at Coinbase, you can have as many BTC addresses for a single account as you desire.    All BTC addresses used by an account merge the BTC into the main account, which is identified by the account holders name, not the address.  

This would be an excellent way to hold the escrow in BTC.

A Coinbase account would be used, and a unique BTC address could be created for each individual investor that wished to buy LISK with BTC.  

First: Investors would request this address from Max or whomever was the escrow controller.  

Second: Escrow controller sends unique BTC address to investor

THird:  Investor sends BTC to unique account.  This can be done all at once, or a little each day.

Fourth:  Investor, public, and escrow controller can monitor all funds

Fifth: Funds can be refunded to investor at any time prior to ICO.

Six:  After ICO of LISK, BTC transferred to LISK dev account or according to terms agreed to by investors.

Wanderlust

Activity: 225

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 09:42:33 PM

Max,

You did wrong bro
This ICO is unofficially suspended

:|

There are ways to do things and there are ways to not do them. You did the latter.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: