Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:37:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 [296] 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073026 times)
bitseedmike

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 09:58:20 AM

Delegate Question

When BitShares was running DPOS 1.0, there was some frustration about Delegates not updating what they were doing to help improve the ecosystem.  Here's my question to people that want to be delegates here:

What type of update frequency will you commit to if you are voted in as a delegate? It was annoying having to hunt down delegates for updates.

I will be posting regular development updates on the dapps funded by the delegates I am running at least once a month or when major releases or other news occur here on BTT in a dedicated thread and on the Lisk Forum.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitbitch

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 10:02:26 AM

Vote for Hollowman for delegate

i will not vote for you. you're capricious.
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 10:08:59 AM

Hi guys, congratulations for being part of Lisk.

I bought my ones on day 1.

I follow this talk since day one but this is my first comment in here.

I will write in the Topic of delegates.

Because we need delegates, I will give my vote to the one who share profits with his voters (us) so in that case we also we can give away some to others to integrate them in the community,  also I will give my vote to someone who works for the good name of Lisk and his community (us and future members)

a delegate has to be someone who is not just getting rich by himself, a delegate "I suggest" should be someone with projects in mind to spread Lisk, I will suggest that delegates should consider to donate dapps to the community, for schools, hospitals, we should create dapps to fight world poverty, also providing faucets etc....

opportunities are endless, you guys (community) are some of the most clever people in the world so ideas are unlimited, so delegates I want to encourage you to work along with Max and Oliver and the Lisk community to bring this project to a whole new level, if we work and push this together Lisk, like in the ICO, Lisk will go far an above our imagination and our expectations.

so if you want my vote I'm happy to support you, if you commit yourself for the community, well you have my vote, if any of you are in Melbourne Australia well lets do it. may be we can do this as a team.

have a good day guys!!!!1

There should be only delegates, which are making dapps or running successfull marketing operations.

Blablabla my mommy didn't love me enough

good luck!

Well I have to totally agree with your First point.
"There should be only delegates, which are making dapps or running successfull marketing operations. "

Also I don't really understand why one person could have 3 delegate accounts or nodes I know such a thing might not be that easy to enforce but Id like lisk devs to try.

Who will I Not be voting for.
Anyone trying to get more then 1 node I think the influence of every delegate should be limited to one node you could be hit by a bus robbed/hacked whatever.
If you made your BCT account This year. "ive been in crypto since 2013 blabla but only just made my BCT account" you can go F**k yourself ive heard it all before scammer."
Anyone that does not clearly show their value add to the lisk project. sharing the profits with your voters does not qualify you as a good candidate Infact it might take away some of the motivation to work hard for Lisk because your getting less out of it.

Who will get My vote.
People that can prove their value add to Lisk.(past projects future plans skills whatever)  and the banana guy he's funny and active.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
cc001

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 10:13:48 AM

What type of update frequency will you commit to if you are voted in as a delegate? It was annoying having to hunt down delegates for updates.
Delegates should post und update here:
http://forum.lisk.io/viewforum.php?f=6&sid=c3ee0de1ca9588b77c51c14822e4c3a9

▀▀▀▀▀▀     BRIDGEX NETWORK  │ LEND · BORROW · CONVERT · SEND    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Facebook       LinkedIn          ▄▄▄▄
MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 10:15:22 AM

I'd recommend the VPS.  I have 100/20 mbps connection, but I don't consider it good enough for this.  It is a business thing, and even good home service is not good enough.  Just my opinion
Any good assumption about what CPU power and RAM amount we need for that?

Pretty much any CPU on a cloud VPS will be powerful enough.  My Crypti node worked fine with 768 MB of RAM and 15GB of SSD storage.

Good luck, bysup!
Mrboot
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 10:19:12 AM

Yea true already did Wink.

Delegate Question

When BitShares was running DPOS 1.0, there was some frustration about Delegates not updating what they were doing to help improve the ecosystem.  Here's my question to people that want to be delegates here:

Nice one aswell you got some of my votes, im going to make the website great, faucet, netwerk info, cool articles, tradeviews, and some intervieuws when possible

I will be posting regular development updates on the dapps funded by the delegates I am running at least once a month or when major releases or other news occur here on BTT in a dedicated thread and on the Lisk Forum.
Kevinrasf

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 10:19:41 AM

Because we need delegates, I will give my vote to the one who share profits with his voters (us) so in that case we also we can give away some to others to integrate them in the community,  also I will give my vote to someone who works for the good name of Lisk and his community (us and future members)

a delegate has to be someone who is not just getting rich by himself, a delegate "I suggest" should be someone with projects in mind to spread Lisk, I will suggest that delegates should consider to donate dapps to the community, for schools, hospitals, we should create dapps to fight world poverty, also providing faucets etc....

opportunities are endless, you guys (community) are some of the most clever people in the world so ideas are unlimited, so delegates I want to encourage you to work along with Max and Oliver and the Lisk community to bring this project to a whole new level, if we work and push this together Lisk, like in the ICO, Lisk will go far an above our imagination and our expectations.

so if you want my vote I'm happy to support you, if you commit yourself for the community, well you have my vote, if any of you are in Melbourne Australia well lets do it. may be we can do this as a team.

There should be only delegates, which are making dapps or running successfull marketing operations.

good luck!

"There should be only delegates, which are making dapps or running successfull marketing operations. "

No, I dont like the idea of dev's being the only people who should be a delegate.

I will vote for a delegate who will share his/her forging profits and has a stable node that adds to the network.

But ultimately the holders will decide who will be delegate, with their voting power.

www.heathenmead.com voor Honingwijnen en meer. betaal met Bitcoin.
sluppy
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 10:21:44 AM

good luck!

No, I dont like the idea of dev's being the only people who should be a delegate.

I will vote for a delegate who will share his/her forging profits and has a stable node that adds to the network.

But ultimately the holders will decide who will be delegate, with their voting power.

So you don't care about their value add as long as u get paid .. got it .
It doesn't say only Devs read again.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
Kevinrasf

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 10:28:10 AM

good luck!

Yes true, but as I said in the end the people will vote and if the majority goes for dev's and marketeers etc then my vote might be worth nothing at all Smiley

So thats the part that I like, the users/holders decide who gets voted and who doesn't.

And yes I like money, and if a delegate shares profit and runs a succesfull node then its a win for me and the network.

sluppy
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 10:35:47 AM

good luck!

Yes true, but as I said in the end the people will vote and if the majority goes for dev's and marketeers etc then my vote might be worth nothing at all Smiley

So thats the part that I like, the users/holders decide who gets voted and who doesn't.

And yes I like money, and if a delegate shares profit and runs a succesfull node then its a win for me and the network.

That why I listed the Criteria I Personally will be using to choose the people I vote for.
I Hope that other people will use a little more then of I'm getting some money here is my vote like they do in the Us senate.
I wont be running for delegate because I don't think I add enough value to qualify.
Giving your votes away for a little profit might very well hurt Lisk (and the value of the lisk your holding)in the long run by not having the right people running the nodes. If you view Lisk as another quick pump and dump and you plan to exit as soon as it reaches XX value then your way is the best I agree.

MalReynolds
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 10:36:11 AM

I posted the following at the thread above:

Hi all, I'm MalReynolds and I would like your vote as a Lisk Active Delegate.  

There has been a lot of discussion on what makes a good delegate.  Enthusiasm.  Community activity.  Reward Pools.   All these things are certainly important.

I ran a Crypti node for many months and so I have a pretty good idea of what the job of Active Delegate entails.   It's harder than it might seem to be.

Let me tell you what I think is important about being a delegate:  uptime, updates and upvotes.  

I will monitor my VPS to keep it online as much as possible.  I will install the Lisk updates as they are issued.  I will upvote new Standby Delegates as required to keep all 101 Active Delegates productive and forging.

Delegated Proof of Stake (DPoS) is harder than it looks to get right as a functioning system.   I will discuss weaknesses I see in the DPoS delegate network and work to raise public awareness to correct those weaknesses as they occur.  My primary focus is a commitment to making Lisk DPoS work smoothly as a whole.
bitbitch

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 10:37:15 AM

is the ICO fund in a Coinbase cold storage wallet? i hope it's not in a multi signature warm wallet.

i would expect at least 90% of the fund to be in cold storage at any given moment.
Digital_Currency_LTD

Activity: 798

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 10:37:25 AM

I am looking for a person, who can set up and manage a delegate node.

We can split the incomes and share the profit with the members.
Digital_Currency_LTD

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 10:38:49 AM

is the ICO fund in a Coinbase cold storage wallet? i hope it's not in a multi signature warm wallet.

It is on multi signature VAULT.
Digital_Currency_LTD

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 10:39:41 AM

Edit: @MalReynolds can you help me?

Or do you guys know someone who wants to run a delegate node with other members?
Mrmoney2

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 10:44:58 AM

Or do you guys know someone who wants to run a delegate node with other members?

As a good lisker im also interested. But my poor english stops me a bit.
Im really motivate about this comunity and ill try to do my best.
I just need a bit of help.
Ill do everything that is in my hands.

Regards
trader19
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 10:45:16 AM

Since day one i am following Lisk sideways and was sceptical at first, glad i could convince myself to be one of ico donors on day One and get on board. Now since there is clearly demand for delegates i will be running one node and/if my delegate becomes Active one i will be running Twitter giveaways/campaigns actively with clear goal to reach bigger user base to join Lisk and to spread the word. And yes i am active member since 2013  Grin

I did run few successful Twitter campaigns and giveaways in the past with great results. few Examples:

- https://twitter.com/dandidanillo/status/698944352442314753

Code:
Impressionen / Klicks
Interaktionen insgesamt
Antworten
Retweets
Folgt
Profilklicks
Link-Klicks
„Gefällt mir“-Angaben
Detailerweiterungen

- https://twitter.com/dandidanillo/status/689409078439780352

Code:
Impressionen / Klicks
Interaktionen insgesamt
Antworten
Retweets
wie oft Personen diesen Tweet retweetet haben
Profilklicks
Folgt
Link-Klicks
„Gefällt mir“-Angaben
Detailerweiterungen

Delegate username and technical details about my dedicated server at launch. Good Luck Wink

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
MalReynolds
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 10:50:40 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2016, 11:02:22 AM by MalReynolds

I am looking for a person, who can set up and manage a delegate node.  We can split the incomes and share the profit with the members.

Sure, I'll help you set up a node.  I'll do that by posting here details on how anybody can set up a node.  Right now there's not much to do.  Read the Lisk Delegate Handbook.  Get an account on a VPS and play to familiarize yourself with operating a server remotely.  Review the Crypti documentation and maybe even set up a Crypti node as a Standby Delegate for practice.  I'll start posting more on how to set up a node after April 11 when the Lisk blockchain starts.  

Let me just say that I am not an expert on VPS operations and often I needed help from Oliver on problems with my Crypti node.  He was able to respond with personalized assistance because there wasn't that much activity at Crypti.  It will be interesting to see what happens when 101 new people all have problems at once on their unique setup, and Oliver is too busy to respond because he's moved up from tech support to running a multi-million dollar business called Lisk.

(This is why I have always advocated a standardized Ubuntu 14.04 setup on a Raspberry Pi 2 for delegates...)
Kevinrasf

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 10:54:26 AM

good luck!

That why I listed the Criteria I Personally will be using to choose the people I vote for.
I Hope that other people will use a little more then of I'm getting some money here is my vote like they do in the Us senate.
I wont be running for delegate because I don't think I add enough value to qualify.
Giving your votes away for a little profit might very well hurt Lisk (and the value of the lisk your holding)in the long run by not having the right people running the nodes. If you view Lisk as another quick pump and dump and you plan to exit as soon as it reaches XX value then your way is the best I agree.

You are seeing it a little bit plain.

A delegate has to be active enough and adds to the network, otherwise the forging income goes down.

So yes I do get money but it adds stability as well.

It doesnt hurt Lisk, since the node has to be up a lot for it to get good forging rewards.

idolacchacked

Activity: 598

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 11:00:43 AM

been away for few days.. much to read...

did the dev's say anything about what they will do with xcr from bter?
Pages: « 1 ... 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 [296] 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: