Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 03:33:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 [622] 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073040 times)
Mrmoney2

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 08:59:55 PM

What is the minimum you would sell Lisk for? .002?

I'm not selling until 50/80 dollars
wikenpp

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 09:06:51 PM

Is fully working or it cames out without dapp?
You don't seem to understand, that its not the Lisk devs role to come up with dapps. They need to provide a platform, that others can build dapps on.

They should give it a head start by kicking off with a few apps right?
I guess they have plan that when it will not be that popular.
bandar

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2016, 09:08:13 PM

The average Joe doesn't know what the Internet of Things or future disrupting techs are. He's going to know what they are AFTER it has reached massive adoption; he will just know how to use them.

For any crypto-currency to reach mass adoption, it needs to be combined with emerging technologies such as the Internet of Things, artificial intelligence, autonomous vehicles, among others. Lisk is a platform that runs decentralized applications, so combining the Lisk platform to the IoT is very possible. Blockchain technology has evolved past its terminology of "digital money", it's much more than that; it is capable of connecting billions of devices with higher efficiency and lower fees.

Ok, I (and average Joe with me) can follow you there.  But Why do we need 'coins' for that?  Two years ago, bitcoin hit the news with pumps and dumps.  Not a word about blockchain.  Now blockchain hits the news as a technology but not a word about bitcoin (local media in my small European country).  People can imagine the technology could be useful when everything is connected to the internet.  But why the use of coins that are very unstable in price??  I see, among the numerous dapps proposed, an emailsystem.  People don't want to pay for that!

And IF you need a certain amount of Lisk/btc/whatever-coin (now there's your Doge2 Wink ) an the coin is worth 1$ day one and 25$ day 30 then back to 3$ day 31, they don't buy it (in both ways)...

So: Tech: great great! blockchain, IoT: super but coins?  Nah....  Just look at this or any thread of altcoins in the last years: 10% tech, 70% Moon, rockets get your engines started and 20% memes.  Looks childish, shady, Ponzi and VERY VERY unstable.

I posted this remark in the NXT-thread when they started their trip to the moon(yey, I was there), in the NEM-thread (same thing) at the beginning:

Let's say the tech is superb AND the price is fixed at 0.10$ and it will NEVER change but the tech is AWESOME.  How popular would these threads be?    

dumb guy from indonesia

Wow man, you got me there with that comment.  Can't argue with those arguments.  But Indonesia?  lol...

Still no answers on:

'Let's say the tech is superb AND the price is fixed at 0.10$ and it will NEVER change but the tech is AWESOME.  How popular would these threads be?'

The price will likely fluctuate throughout its lifespan as supply and demand increases/decreases. The value of the platform won't be stable until it is deemed "worthy" or "accepted", and this takes time, tons of it.

It's not only about the technology, there are other factors to take into consideration such as exposure, marketing, data analytics, partnerships and so on. Crypti is the perfect example of a "Tech Focus" approach with barely any marketing or exposure. They failed to get any attention from the crypto community or non-crypto as it was not exposed or never heard of, even though the backend technology was excellent.

How popular will this thread be? I believe it will be very popular for these upcoming months (short term), and maybe up to a year. Once the community has begun establishing and distinguishing itself, this thread will likely lose popularity. The community has already begun to stray from this thread into the official Lisk forums, the lisk chat and Lisk reddit. There is also a Lisk Markets reddit made for those who get excited speculating the potential price and value of LISK.

Ok, but you abviously completely missed my point.  Nevermind.
tuvok007
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 09:08:20 PM

Incredible but when you search for "bitcointalk" in google  "bitcointalk lisk" is already the second suggestion only after "bitcointalk ranks". Awesome.
StealthCoin1

Activity: 498
Merit: 252

Life failures Stealthcoin, Ark coin and Safemoon

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 09:10:55 PM

Lisk investors waiting for launch date announcement:

Lol and what about ethereum investors Cheesy ? Did you remember ?

i supported the summer release date. it would make other crap coins angry and go ballistic on LISK

Stealthcoin, Ark and Safemoon my life 3 investment failures while bashing Ethereum at 0.20cent. Bye bye
bandar

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2016, 09:13:11 PM

Ok, I (and average Joe with me) can follow you there.  But Why do we need 'coins' for that?  Two years ago, bitcoin hit the news with pumps and dumps.  Not a word about blockchain.  Now blockchain hits the news as a technology but not a word about bitcoin (local media in my small European country).  People can imagine the technology could be useful when everything is connected to the internet.  But why the use of coins that are very unstable in price??  I see, among the numerous dapps proposed, an emailsystem.  People don't want to pay for that!

And IF you need a certain amount of Lisk/btc/whatever-coin (now there's your Doge2 Wink ) an the coin is worth 1$ day one and 25$ day 30 then back to 3$ day 31, they don't buy it (in both ways)...

So: Tech: great great! blockchain, IoT: super but coins?  Nah....  Just look at this or any thread of altcoins in the last years: 10% tech, 70% Moon, rockets get your engines started and 20% memes.  Looks childish, shady, Ponzi and VERY VERY unstable.

I posted this remark in the NXT-thread when they started their trip to the moon(yey, I was there), in the NEM-thread (same thing) at the beginning:

Let's say the tech is superb AND the price is fixed at 0.10$ and it will NEVER change but the tech is AWESOME.  How popular would these threads be?    

You need coins because the only way to get rid of them as an anti-spam mechanism is to have a permissioned blockchain.

They need to be unstable in price because otherwise somebody needs to be in charge to tell everyone how much they are worth and to enforce that.

In other words, the answer to both these questions is decentralization.

I agree that its annoying when people are so obsessed with a quick buck and have no respect for the developers or the tech though.

Thanks.  That makes sense.  But it's not good for mass adoption anyway.  This (fluctuation and uncertainty) obviously is a phase but the problem is that greed cloudens every effort in cryptoland to get mass adoption.  I can see the advantages of decentralisation and (now) the need of price setting of these coins (be it Lisk in this case).  
bitseedmike

Activity: 432

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2016, 09:14:06 PM

Incredible but when you search for "bitcointalk" in google  "bitcointalk lisk" is already the second suggestion only after "bitcointalk ranks". Awesome.

You might want to try it in private browsing mode. Google skews search results based on your personal search and browsing history. Duck Duck Go doesn't track and bubble users, so everyone there sees same results unlike Google.

kingcrimson
Legendary

Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 09:14:53 PM

I think $10 is realistic , to get $50/$80 will need some legit news
MGM

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 09:16:38 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2016, 09:35:48 PM by MGM

Max said this morning that Lisk is in a much better situation than Ethereum was at launch.

$20 to $30. Here we come!

orendel

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 09:18:45 PM

As for the launch day, i will go gor 30m$ market cap.
deadpoolx

Activity: 560

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 09:29:14 PM

As for the launch day, i will go gor 30m$ market cap.

How you calculated this? According to Yobit, the market cap is 250m$
Bigcabrito

Activity: 504

Communications Lead

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 09:47:38 PM

You need coins because the only way to get rid of them as an anti-spam mechanism is to have a permissioned blockchain.

They need to be unstable in price because otherwise somebody needs to be in charge to tell everyone how much they are worth and to enforce that.

In other words, the answer to both these questions is decentralization.

I agree that its annoying when people are so obsessed with a quick buck and have no respect for the developers or the tech though.

Thanks.  That makes sense.  But it's not good for mass adoption anyway.  This (fluctuation and uncertainty) obviously is a phase but the problem is that greed cloudens every effort in cryptoland to get mass adoption.  I can see the advantages of decentralisation and (now) the need of price setting of these coins (be it Lisk in this case).  

It's a bit premature to speak of mass adoption at this point. This can take 5-10 years to achieve it (and this is being optimistic), there are too many barriers that need breaking for mass adoption to kick in. The idea of a decentralized world is far too new for the masses, they have only seen centralized technologies but have no idea how inefficient they really are. If you're currently into crypto-currencies, it is likely you are part of the very early beginnings of a decentralized revolution.

The price of LISK, or the valuation/marketcap, is the first step in cementing its mark to the masses. Greed and money are excellent motivators to get people involved. The fluctuations of the price and the FOMO is quite real, and, in my opinion, greed is #1 motivator for people to get involved in anything.

By now, most of you have noticed the amount of cash that is being poured into crypto-currencies. This is no coincidence; people are looking for other means rather than trusting centralized entities; they want control of their properties/cash; they want true freedom.

Lisk.
    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
    Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Lisk Community Manager
Skatebird
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 10:09:16 PM

Selling my entire account (like 30 000 LISKS) for 32 BTC, PM if interested

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
    ███           █           ███
████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
  ███             █             ███
     ████         █         ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
National

Activity: 255

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 10:10:44 PM

problem solved! ok back to this again  Grin

Shocked
/  |  \
   |
  / \
 |   |

Agreed. Lisks most pressing issue right now is establishing Liskman as the Lisk mascot and spreading him throughout the forum.
cisahasa
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 10:18:09 PM

interestred!

i offer you 100 ___32 dogecoins.
offer over. keep your lisks.

deadpoolx

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 10:24:54 PM

Still nothing? Well done Max. I WANT MY FUCKING MONEY!

It's complicated, some guys like this one selling his account probably need to pay the bills
Skatebird
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 10:27:12 PM

It's complicated, some guys like this one selling his account probably need to pay the bills

Yeah... need to pay the bills, but i wont give it ahaha The bills will wait if i dont find buyer Wink

PS: Cisahasa, you are always trolling LISK but why the fuck are you always on LISK Thread?? ... lolllll # Nolife

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
cisahasa
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 10:28:42 PM

Yeah... need to pay the bills, but i wont give it ahaha The bills will wait if i dont find buyer Wink

who the fuck would be so stupid to buy lisk?
hope you have none.. or bills to pay.

deadpoolx

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 10:31:54 PM

who the fuck would be so stupid to buy lisk?
hope you have none.. or bills to pay.

Wtf are you talking about?

Lisk
L: Low   isk:risk

And high profit
Wolf Rainer
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1022

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 10:34:51 PM

I think Max is the one selling his Lisk at $2 on yobit, that´s why hes not releasing the mainnet.
Pages: « 1 ... 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 [622] 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: