Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:11:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 [647] 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073046 times)
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 10:41:05 AM

As many people said  before me, it is very easy:

Max and Oliver (and Joel) need to hire some devs to help the problem. And pay them when he acces the ICO founds.

Just remember what I always said:

3 people can't control a 7 million dollars business.

Its 99% marketing. Its no surprise that new members so far have been "Social managers" and such.
jokowi

Activity: 867
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 10:41:23 AM

The Lisk release will be on May the 24th, 2016...Huh
DBIC Market is Launch....!!!! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1372193.820

Good jobs.
Maybe this is first start price with price of 1 dbic :  $ 0.007142

SIM Card SPY 7876 dbic : $56.25

Let see for 1-2 month later for price of dbic.
Anyway..Good jobs dev...GERONIMOOOOO!!!!!

CHANGE here noww!!!!!!
 Grin

open bazaar is better.

That's is open market and still on progress, better to change for a while to dbic now.. Cheesy
The Lisk release will be on May the 24th, 2016...Huh..and may 23th later the dev make ANN The Lisk release will be on June the 24th, 2016...Huh and then The Lisk release will be on July the 24th, 2016...???and then GONEe....who knows mann.. Grin

For now the real Lauch is DBIC market...!!!
kingcrimson
Legendary

Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 10:45:08 AM

So during next 30 days we will experience big series of moanings here that will result in nothing else but more pages in thread and driving price expectation down. Just because 90% of people here don't understand that ICOs (cryptocurrencies at all) are very high risk investments where everything may happen ;p

Good luck with controlling your emotions.

"The moon doesn't care about barking dogs."

Yep, we all bet, and bet bad. We lost. The thing is the ICO is still pretty cheap so we should still get 3-4X gains, but we're not getting 10-20X anymore that is for sure. The window for that has passed now that there has been 3 delays! No one will trust this system.
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 10:49:49 AM

So during next 30 days we will experience big series of moanings here that will result in nothing else but more pages in thread and driving price expectation down. Just because 90% of people here don't understand that ICOs (cryptocurrencies at all) are very high risk investments where everything may happen ;p

Yep, we all bet, and bet bad. We lost. The thing is the ICO is still pretty cheap so we should still get 3-4X gains, but we're not getting 10-20X anymore that is for sure. The window for that has passed now that there has been 3 delays! No one will trust this system.

20x would have meant 140mio$ marketcap, to expect that amount from a simple crpyti-clone (which had a marketcap of 500k$) is simply childish. LISK may very well start in the range of 10-20mio$ which still would be very remarkable.
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 10:50:35 AM

Short term 10-20x pump n down maybe yes. But mid-long term 10-20x (even more) ROI is still possible. They have plenty of $$$ to achieve it and to multiply them by driving LISK price up during at least first several months.

zsnorbi

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 10:53:39 AM

I am not very concerned about the additional delay still it is extremely unprofessional. A few weeks ago they assured us that no further delays will happen and here it comes another one. Bad for your reputation and extremely bad for the future of Lisk. No serious partners will consider a partnership with a team which can't keep their promisses.
All the people defending the delay are concerned ico investors wanting to keep a good overall perception about the coin but that is mostly lost at this point. I just want to say that this is not the path i put my investment in, and Max and his team should put their asses together to deliver their original promissions
bluedude

Activity: 714

y²=x3+ax+b, a=0,b=7

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 10:54:31 AM

20x would have meant 140mio$ marketcap, to expect that amount from a simple crpyti-clone (which had a marketcap of 500k$) is simply childish. LISK may very well start in the range of 10-20mio$ which still would be very remarkable.
This sounds more like a reasonable assessment to me. 20 mil to start with
jamboy34

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 11:07:47 AM

worth the wait... i hope before may 24th no more announcement of further delay huhuhu

⚫️⚫️⚫️ BlockPool.io  |        • Resources   • Website   • Slack
⚫️⚫️⚫️ BlockPool.io  |   Real World B2B Blockchain solutions  |   Join the TEC - May 1st - Jun 30th
⚫️⚫️⚫️ BlockPool.io  |                                                                 • Twitter   • Blog   • Facebook
CryptoNoob1

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 11:14:03 AM

I am not very concerned about the additional delay still it is extremely unprofessional. A few weeks ago they assured us that no further delays will happen and here it comes another one. Bad for your reputation and extremely bad for the future of Lisk. No serious partners will consider a partnership with a team which can't keep their promisses.
All the people defending the delay are concerned ico investors wanting to keep a good overall perception about the coin but that is mostly lost at this point. I just want to say that this is not the path i put my investment in, and Max and his team should put their asses together to deliver their original promissions

Totally agree here, way too many delays and stupid announcements.

First they delayed saying it was because not enough lisk keys were generated (I was confused why they would delay)

And now they are making up stories about something else. Seems like Lisk was just a concept like waves.

So if they only know now they need to update the sql etc etc,

I am betting 0.05BTC that there will be another delay at end of month. First person to put in his address I will stick to my word and transfer the btc if it launches on time, if not, then you pay me lol!

Whos in for the bet?? I wonder what their next made up story will be?
MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 11:15:02 AM
Last edit: April 25, 2016, 11:26:16 AM by MalReynolds

So let's skip the FUD and discuss some bottom-line facts.

What broke the Lisk 0.1.4 network was 600 transactions in a minute or 10 transactions per second (10 tps).  

For years, Bitcoin has been limited to 7 tps until changes made to cope with its DDoS attack last year.

https://blog.blockcypher.com/a-bitcoin-spam-attack-post-mortem-s-la-ying-alive-654e914edcf4#.mypx90hpi

http://fc16.ifca.ai/bitcoin/papers/BHMW16.pdf

@liskhq : What tps figure is the new and improved Lisk 0.1.5 network designed to support?  What tps figure has been demonstrated in testing?

A major change made by BTC has been modifications in their transaction queueing system that stores excessive incoming transactions for processing during later blocktimes.   Basically they store on the machines of individual miners those transactions that cannot be processed immediately.  The miners then resubmit those transactions for processing at a later time.

What is the buffer size in Lisk 0.1.5 among the 101 Active Delegates (both in bytes and in transactions) that stores "excessive" transactions for later processing during future blocktimes?
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 11:15:43 AM

So official LISK release will be on May the 24th, 2016... that is 7 days before WAVES ICO ends... interesting  Huh
Nothing interesting about that. You just wanna promote that shit. Why is this even interesting?

Massive dump incoming.

Don't be a troll... c'mon Wolf Rainer.

Im not being troll. 3 delays are bad to the trust, also the date of launch is the worst, everyone will be in the madness of bitcoin bubble with all the alts going down hard. This is only good for the people who losed the ico and want a chance of buying real cheap (ico price or under), the rest of us who invested in the ico are in troubles, obligated to hold the Lisk for a long time (months) to even get some decent profit.

No, it's not good only for the people who losed the ICO time... it's good also for the people who 'believe' in this project.

I don´t have troubles in waiting, but come on theres not need to lying... The devs can simple tell us "We don´t have an estimated date for launch, it may take several months". But they said before open the ico that the wallet was going to be ready immediately after the ico ends.

The wallet was ready after the ico and a lot of people has started the public test (https://academy.lisk.io/lisk-setting-up-a-delegate-on-the-public-test-network-login-lisk-io-f53ae6d029ea#.cvndu45yn) to 'test' the wallet, the forging system and all the other stuff.

After few weeks someone stressed it with a spam-test (more info here: https://blog.lisk.io/lisk-v0-1-4-release-announcement-f1dc62369d8f) and the launch has been delayed more and more... it's better to start with a solid network instead with a weak one.

Think 5 seconds to this :

if the lisk team would have launched on the 11th of April ...they would never noticed these problems (spam attack, blockchain issues etc) and the launch would have been a disaster.
herbitcoins

Activity: 78

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 11:28:32 AM

First they delayed saying it was because not enough lisk keys were generated (I was confused why they would delay)

And now they are making up stories about something else. Seems like Lisk was just a concept like waves.

I am betting 0.05BTC that there will be another delay at end of month. First person to put in his address I will stick to my word and transfer the btc if it launches on time, if not, then you pay me lol!

welcome in crypto kids
Altcoins ICOs  are a mix between social and financial engineering, exploiting  your lack of discernment and your ignorance of the law.
Those guys  who proudly show their btc wallet with hundreds of  btc inside... perfect target audience
Mrmoney2

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 11:34:26 AM

welcome in crypto kids
Altcoins ICOs  are a mix between social and financial engineering, exploiting  your lack of discernment and your ignorance of the law.
Those guys  who proudly show their btc wallet with hundreds of  btc inside... perfect target audience

What the fuck are u talking about u silly boy.

GTFY did u invested? If yes please sell me ur shares and go to fuck off...
bitbitch

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 11:36:02 AM

the ICO system is a faith based system.

i know who the people behind Lisk are.

some ICOs are a complete joke, with the devs hiding their identities as if they are on the FBI Most Wanted list. i can't 'invest' in people who behave like that.  
herbitcoins

Activity: 78

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 11:45:56 AM

some ICOs are a complete joke, with the devs hiding their identities as if they are on the FBI Most Wanted list. i can't 'invest' in people who behave like that.  

You don't need to hide your identity if you have a good lawyer from the start ... but ...wait ....
rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 11:46:09 AM

Thank you! Someone who is not an idiot. You exist!

bitbitch

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 11:49:48 AM

You don't need to hide your identity if you have a good lawyer from the start ... but ...wait ....

i like that Lisk has a lawyer.
bitbitch

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 11:54:38 AM

Thank you! Someone who is not an idiot. You exist!

which would put Lisk high up the coin list cap chart. a good start.
rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 11:54:43 AM

Two things:

-Funny that this projects talked about IoT and then exploded on 10tps. Not good.

-I'm still baffled that there is no team in place, at least an amplification of the dev team. It would be trivial to find good help on credit, since so much money will be available in a few weeks/months.

Why is this still a oneman show (on the tech side), it looks like a joke. Get more people/eyes/brains on this thing NOW.
whisper

Activity: 267

Learn to go against your mind

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 11:56:56 AM

So let's skip the FUD and discuss some bottom-line facts.

What broke the Lisk 0.1.4 network was 600 transactions in a minute or 10 transactions per second (10 tps).  

For years, Bitcoin has been limited to 7 tps until changes made to cope with its DDoS attack last year.

https://blog.blockcypher.com/a-bitcoin-spam-attack-post-mortem-s-la-ying-alive-654e914edcf4#.mypx90hpi

http://fc16.ifca.ai/bitcoin/papers/BHMW16.pdf

@liskhq : What tps figure is the new and improved Lisk 0.1.5 network designed to support?  What tps figure has been demonstrated in testing?

A major change made by BTC has been modifications in their transaction queueing system that stores excessive incoming transactions for processing during later blocktimes.   Basically they store on the machines of individual miners those transactions that cannot be processed immediately.  The miners then resubmit those transactions for processing at a later time.

What is the buffer size in Lisk 0.1.5 among the 101 Active Delegates (both in bytes and in transactions) that stores "excessive" transactions for later processing during future blocktimes?

I just quote ETH tps to make a comparison:

How many TPS does Ethereum support

between 20 tps to 45 tps. possibly more.

With CASPER and future iterations what will the block times and tps be?

1-2 second block times and 115000 tps.
Pages: « 1 ... 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 [647] 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: