Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:38:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 [657] 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073027 times)
kingcrimson
Legendary

Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 08:41:09 PM

Is a perfectionist CEO a good thing though, esp when they could just release and update it later? It is starting to feel the devs are a liability on their own product.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Iris Linus

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 08:42:57 PM

As the test net was set up for lisk and hundreds of potential delegates started running nodes, sending transactions, testing stuff, it turned out that the current code can't handle the amount of transactions Lisk can expect after launch, not even with the optimalization and bug fixes Oliver made to the original crypti code since the fork.

so let me get this straight  you invested $5.9million into a coin that was broken lol

yeah, I'm feeling dumb too now :/
We invested $5.9M into this ...  really frightening to say the least
Poly#Crypto

Activity: 910
Merit: 508

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 08:44:44 PM

That's great. My part...

https://twitter.com/Polycrypto/status/724699582828056576

https://twitter.com/Polycrypto/status/724689890378670080

If you like it, please RT  Smiley
cannabanana

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 08:45:10 PM

As the test net was set up for lisk and hundreds of potential delegates started running nodes, sending transactions, testing stuff, it turned out that the current code can't handle the amount of transactions Lisk can expect after launch, not even with the optimalization and bug fixes Oliver made to the original crypti code since the fork.

so let me get this straight  you invested $5.9million into a coin that was broken lol

how much of that 5.9 mil did you invest?  $100?  You should be scared.
cannabanana

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 08:46:31 PM

Is a perfectionist CEO a good thing though, esp when they could just release and update it later? It is starting to feel the devs are a liability on their own product.

I would normally agree with you but something as big and IMPORTANT as the database should be taken care of before launch.

Yeah I get it if some non important UI has a bug, release it but this is very critical to the health of LISK down the road.
Parano

Activity: 118

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 08:48:28 PM

As a programmer i know that one month delay is still pretty good and i'm not even mad. It's really good that they find a hole and can fix it, because it will be terrible to find this after release. What i don't understand is why the hell they want to use SQLlite anyway ? It got terrible performance in higher number of inserts and updates. PostgreSQL will be much better choice.

But as an investor i'm pretty mad. Why the hell you say you can launch lisk on 12th april ? As a investor if you say "Lisk will be out in end of may" i will be completely fine with this. But reschedule release day every two weeks seriously do not help. A lot of people pull their money from big coins like ETH, and they was ready to invest in lisk. Now ? I'm not so sure. If you want it or not, crypto altcoins world will be always not only programming project but also community and marketing dependent project. Timing and comunity are, what make coins valuable, not utilities and stuff you can do with it. And don't take me wrong, of course i know new invented stuff bring more attention, but interest of people is the main goal of successfull project (not even in crypto world).
Well and now ? We got pretty much disapoinment/agry comunitty and completle messed up timing.

All in all, i don't want to FUD or scare anybody, i just want to share my opinion.
At the end i think if launch will be without any problems and will be FINALLY on scheduled date, we are still fine.

Very good post indeed! And you make totally sense!

Now we will forgive only if the TEAM make real promises no more wanna be DATES..No only keep us inform but what are they doing with the 15,000 BTC. Who are in the team? List of all the Team member, names and what they do. We invested on this we do not donated anything, This is not a charity, So more information and less shadows. You just lost a chunck of credibiliity by playing with TIME. If you are not sure when you can deliver do no say anything keep quiet and say you will say the launch date sometime in the summer or so but you made a beginner mistake. Now we want as soon as possible please list of every member of the team and what the money has been used in one month. From now on we would like to monitor closely as you let us down twice, now y9ou have to prove to us you are worth ur time and investment NO DONATION!

cannabanana

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 08:49:56 PM

As a programmer i know that one month delay is still pretty good and i'm not even mad. It's really good that they find a hole and can fix it, because it will be terrible to find this after release. What i don't understand is why the hell they want to use SQLlite anyway ? It got terrible performance in higher number of inserts and updates. PostgreSQL will be much better choice.

But as an investor i'm pretty mad. Why the hell you say you can launch lisk on 12th april ? As a investor if you say "Lisk will be out in end of may" i will be completely fine with this. But reschedule release day every two weeks seriously do not help. A lot of people pull their money from big coins like ETH, and they was ready to invest in lisk. Now ? I'm not so sure. If you want it or not, crypto altcoins world will be always not only programming project but also community and marketing dependent project. Timing and comunity are, what make coins valuable, not utilities and stuff you can do with it. And don't take me wrong, of course i know new invented stuff bring more attention, but interest of people is the main goal of successfull project (not even in crypto world).
Well and now ? We got pretty much disapoinment/agry comunitty and completle messed up timing.

All in all, i don't want to FUD or scare anybody, i just want to share my opinion.
At the end i think if launch will be without any problems and will be FINALLY on scheduled date, we are still fine.

Very good post indeed! And you make totally sense!

Now we will forgive only if the TEAM make real promises no more wanna be DATES..No only keep us inform but what are they doing with the 15,000 BTC. Who are in the team? List of all the Team member, names and what they do. We invested on this we do not donated anything, This is not a charity, So more information and less shadows. You just lost a chunck of credibiliity by playing with TIME. If you are not sure when you can deliver do no say anything keep quiet and say you will say the launch date sometime in the summer or so but you made a beginner mistake. Now we want as soon as possible please list of every member of the team and what the money has been used in one month. From now on we would like to monitor closely as you let us down twice, now y9ou have to prove to us you are worth ur time and investment NO DONATION!

They don't get the money until 1 week after official launch.

this delay also delays them from getting your money.
Vega

Activity: 739
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 08:52:56 PM

We invested $5.9M into this ...  really frightening to say the least
Much more were invested into much less on countless times in history.

Crypti code is solid, writing something like this would take at least a year. Its much quicker to improve upon it. The code is much better already after a few weeks and database change will be a major improvement, with various others coming. After the launch with more developers progress will be even faster.

This is the difference between a clone and a fork. Clone takes no time, but its basically worthless, a fork is thriving for something better.
Software development takes time. If they would just cloned crypti it could have been released the day after the ICO ended.

Lets have some patients, we all be better off for it.
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 08:56:40 PM

one question, where the hell is the dev/are the devs with some answers?  if i were an investor i wouldn't give two shits what all you "supporters" think (how do we know you aren't just shills??).  the dev INFO to his community and "investors" (or in this case "donators" lulz) is what matters.  assuming they are legit.  with all the btc capital raised hopefully lisk (and even waves) come thru nicely in the end. 

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
BTC mushroom

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 08:56:53 PM

We invested $5.9M into this ...  really frightening to say the least
Much more was invested into much less on countless times in history.

Crypti code is solid, writing something like this would take at least a year. Its much quicker to improve upon it. The code is much better already after a few weeks and database change will be a major improvement, with various others coming. After the launch with more developers progress will be even faster.

This is the difference between a clone and a fork. Clone takes no time, but its basically worthless, a fork is thriving for something better.
Software development takes time. If they wouldve just cloned crypti and released it it couldve been out the day after the ICO ended.

Lets have some patients, we all be better off for it.
I'd prefer to wait a month and have a better product than have it launched now unpolished.. if i only had participated in the ICO  Cheesy
Vega

Activity: 739

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 08:58:30 PM

one question, where the hell is the dev/are the devs with some answers?
what are the questions?
Parano

Activity: 118

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 08:59:47 PM

one question, where the hell is the dev/are the devs with some answers?  if i were an investor i wouldn't give two shits what all you "supporters" think (how do we know you aren't just shills??).  the dev INFO to his community and "investors" (or in this case "donators" lulz) is what matters.  assuming they are legit.  with all the btc capital raised hopefully lisk (and even waves) come thru nicely in the end. 

+1000

I am with you on this !

where the hell is the dev/are the devs with some answers?  Its the minimum they can do, to face us here because we feel really let down!

Iris Linus

Activity: 71

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 09:04:11 PM

so let me get this straight  you invested $5.9million into a coin that was broken lol

how much of that 5.9 mil did you invest?  $100?  You should be scared.

10 BTC  (this is 98% of my btc holdings). Undecided

why is that even important to you? regardless of how much is invested,
we invested 'into a coin that was broken lol'

of course I did not know I am investing in something that is broken at the time (or still).

This is not funny and very frightening in my opinion
Romanknickl

Activity: 539
Merit: 265

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 09:09:02 PM

Lisk: Release am 24. Mai 2016
April 25, 2016UncategorizedAltcoin, Axel Hellinger, Boris Povod, Crypti, Ether, Ethereum, ICO, Joel Fernández, Joel O. Fernández, Kanzlei Hellinger, Lisk, Max Kordek, Olivier Beddows, Sidechain, Smart Contracts, XCR   

Lisk

Es gibt Neuigkeiten bei Lisk: Es gibt jetzt ein konkretes Release-Datum. Lisk wird am 24. Mai erscheinen. Das ist eine erneute Verzögerung um vier Wochen. Laut dem Blog von Lisk gibt es dafür mehrere Gründe. Zunächst einmal hatte sich das Netzwerk beim Testen als nicht stabil erwiesen, so das sein Transaktionslimit von 10 pro Block notwendig wurde. Dies wurde von CEO Max und Chef-Entwickler Oli als nicht effektiv angesehen, so dass Oli umfangreiche Änderungen im Code vornahm. So wurde die Blockchain-Database von SQLite zu PostgreSQL umgecoded. Zudem gab es umfangreiche Optimierungen bei Geschwindigkeit und Synchronisation. Max und Oli sind mit dem Ergebnis sehr zufrieden. Lisk sei dadurch stabiler und schneller geworden. Im Endeffekt ist Lisk jetzt die vielen Kinderkrankheiten von Crypti losgeworden, welche das Projekt seit 2014 begleitet hatten.

Fazit: Ich bin weiterhin der Meinung, dass Verzögerungen bis zu einem gewissen Grad ICO-Investoren helfen, da dadurch der Bekanntheitsgrad erhöht wird und es mehr interessierte Nutzer gibt, welche gerne investiert hätten aber nicht mehr zum Zuge gekommen sind. So wären Kursgewinne bei Lisk unmittelbar nach dem ICO wohl sehr dünn ausgefallen – das gilt übrigens auch für IOTA. Das dadurch auch eine weitere Optimierung von Lisk eingetreten ist, kann nur helfen. Lisk Investoren sollten sich also über die erneute Verzögerung nicht ärgern. Die Informationspolitik von Max, Oli und Joel ist vorbildlich und sucht bei Kryptos ihresgleichen. Ich lege mich jetzt schon fest und erwarte eine Marktkapitalisierung von über 10 Millionen Dollar von Lisk zum Start – sofern alles glattläuft.

Disclaimer – Hinweis auf Interessenskonflikt: Der Autor ist selbst in Lisk investiert.

https://altcoinspekulant.wordpress.com/
michaelwang33

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 09:09:27 PM

Crypti was (is) using SQLite, as a fork Lisk is using it also, the code is result of a 2 year development. But it was never really stress tested, with little interest from the community. As the test net was set up for lisk and hundreds of potential delegates started running nodes, sending transactions, testing stuff, it turned out that the current code can't handle the amount of transactions Lisk can expect after launch, not even with the optimalization and bug fixes Oliver made to the original crypti code since the fork.

they claimed to be the successor of ethereum but they never created the code to handle the amount of transactions a successor to eth would. did they not believe in their coin. amazing imagine if people knew this before this would be a whole different story. i predict more errors after launch code is unfinished and done quickly release it next year check it thoroughly

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
rezilient

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 09:14:29 PM

Lisk: Release am 24. Mai 2016
April 25, 2016UncategorizedAltcoin, Axel Hellinger, Boris Povod, Crypti, Ether, Ethereum, ICO, Joel Fernández, Joel O. Fernández, Kanzlei Hellinger, Lisk, Max Kordek, Olivier Beddows, Sidechain, Smart Contracts, XCR   

Lisk

Es gibt Neuigkeiten bei Lisk: Es gibt jetzt ein konkretes Release-Datum. Lisk wird am 24. Mai erscheinen. Das ist eine erneute Verzögerung um vier Wochen. Laut dem Blog von Lisk gibt es dafür mehrere Gründe. Zunächst einmal hatte sich das Netzwerk beim Testen als nicht stabil erwiesen, so das sein Transaktionslimit von 10 pro Block notwendig wurde. Dies wurde von CEO Max und Chef-Entwickler Oli als nicht effektiv angesehen, so dass Oli umfangreiche Änderungen im Code vornahm. So wurde die Blockchain-Database von SQLite zu PostgreSQL umgecoded. Zudem gab es umfangreiche Optimierungen bei Geschwindigkeit und Synchronisation. Max und Oli sind mit dem Ergebnis sehr zufrieden. Lisk sei dadurch stabiler und schneller geworden. Im Endeffekt ist Lisk jetzt die vielen Kinderkrankheiten von Crypti losgeworden, welche das Projekt seit 2014 begleitet hatten.

Fazit: Ich bin weiterhin der Meinung, dass Verzögerungen bis zu einem gewissen Grad ICO-Investoren helfen, da dadurch der Bekanntheitsgrad erhöht wird und es mehr interessierte Nutzer gibt, welche gerne investiert hätten aber nicht mehr zum Zuge gekommen sind. So wären Kursgewinne bei Lisk unmittelbar nach dem ICO wohl sehr dünn ausgefallen – das gilt übrigens auch für IOTA. Das dadurch auch eine weitere Optimierung von Lisk eingetreten ist, kann nur helfen. Lisk Investoren sollten sich also über die erneute Verzögerung nicht ärgern. Die Informationspolitik von Max, Oli und Joel ist vorbildlich und sucht bei Kryptos ihresgleichen. Ich lege mich jetzt schon fest und erwarte eine Marktkapitalisierung von über 10 Millionen Dollar von Lisk zum Start – sofern alles glattläuft.

Disclaimer – Hinweis auf Interessenskonflikt: Der Autor ist selbst in Lisk investiert.

https://altcoinspekulant.wordpress.com/

what the fuck?

You don't pay enough.
cannabanana

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 09:15:21 PM

Crypti was (is) using SQLite, as a fork Lisk is using it also, the code is result of a 2 year development. But it was never really stress tested, with little interest from the community. As the test net was set up for lisk and hundreds of potential delegates started running nodes, sending transactions, testing stuff, it turned out that the current code can't handle the amount of transactions Lisk can expect after launch, not even with the optimalization and bug fixes Oliver made to the original crypti code since the fork.

they claimed to be the successor of ethereum but they never created the code to handle the amount of transactions a successor to eth would. did they not believe in their coin. amazing imagine if people knew this before this would be a whole different story. i predict more errors after launch code is unfinished and done quickly release it next year check it thoroughly

crypti had less than 750k to work with for 2 years.  Eth blew 15 million in two years.
AleScamHole

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

Don't you looooooove how offensive my name sounds?

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 09:18:39 PM

crypti had less than 750k to work with for 2 years.  Eth blew 15 million in two years.

blew 22mil if u count loss on btc price cause they couldnt agree together to sell it ;

dont worry, lisk has to burn the 7 mil, look FOR second funding, wait a year and not have a proper wallet, to even be close to ETH Grin
p75formula

Activity: 533

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 09:21:53 PM

where the hell is the dev/are the devs with some answers?  Its the minimum they can do, to face us here because we feel really let down!

If they were here to be your punching bag then others would be slamming them for not working. They just released new info yesterday, it just wasn't what people wanted to hear.
cannabanana

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 09:23:17 PM

blew 22mil if u count loss on btc price cause they couldnt agree together to sell it ;

dont worry, lisk has to burn the 7 mil, look FOR second funding, wait a year and not have a proper wallet, to even be close to ETH Grin

exactly, ETH has to pick up a second funding round for about 200 Million to come close to the ratio of crypti/lisk ico amounts.

and Lisk will use the funds wisely like the rocketchat instead of BURN on stupid stuff like $300 a month forum bill.  They already show they want a good coin above money from this delay.  They push back their own funding every time also.
Pages: « 1 ... 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 [657] 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: