Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:39:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 [1969] 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073026 times)
megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 06:14:11 AM

Recommendation for those who have LISK on exchanges:

If you are not actively trading with your LISK make sure to keep your coins safe by withdrawing to a wallet where you hold your private keys!

Keep your coins and investment as a whole safe. Exchanges are prone to being hacked and the more LISK we leave with exchanges the more hazardous an outcome if these coins were to be stolen.

Such an incident would be devastating for the long term success of the LISK project.

"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dumple

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 06:57:01 AM

Anyone else having Poloniex deposit issues again?

Reavon

Activity: 374
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 08:03:14 AM

1. a ranking in finding a block the higher you are to the 1st rank add very much to centralization because the top 50 could than maybe easyly 51% attack
the rest.
2. the client is optimized to 101 nodes , increasing the amount of nodes would require rebalancing the code processing and much more under the hood it simply is not PoW work which can scale naturely with more nodes. Its is a very different approach with is strenghts and weaknesses.

Can you speak in detail with code examples? Why do you think it's easy to attack? For now it is only your words. Without proofs.
For example in NXT you can attack only with (I don't remember for sure) if you have more 90% of NXT supply.
And if you attack you kill NXT and you amount. You loose money. It does not make any sense and it is very expensive.
If top 50 can "easy" attack when they have more chances to block generataion, then we can wait for the attack from 50 with the current system.
I do not think that LISK is so vulnerable.
What is "rebalancing the code processing"?
Why NXT or Waves (it's not POW too) can scale, but Lisk not? Are you think the LISK scalability is bad?
If the LISK gets spread, then it can not be scaled to 1001 delegates? Is that what you're trying to say?

In your defense of the current system, you expose Lisk to the weak.

Sorry you missed the point , i wasnt saying Lisk is scaling bad nor was i saying that the current lisk Dpos were vulnerable. I pointed out the problematics with the thoughts of a user who offered ideas to improve lisk and why the current Lisk implementation is better than what he was proposing.

MADANA
    MARKET FOR DATA ANALYSIS
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
                ████    ████                        ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Securely Bridging the Gap between Data & Insights
« PAX Token|     ⬡Patent Pending  ⬡German Based  ⬡Privacy  ⬡Industry Partners     |PAX Token »
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Facebook     ⬡ANN Thread      Linkedin 
Twitter         Telegram          Bounty ANN
Medium       Whitepaper       ⬡Reddit
iimpact

Activity: 86

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 08:20:23 AM

Recommendation for those who have LISK on exchanges:

If you are not actively trading with your LISK make sure to keep your coins safe by withdrawing to a wallet where you hold your private keys!

Keep your coins and investment as a whole safe. Exchanges are prone to being hacked and the more LISK we leave with exchanges the more hazardous an outcome if these coins were to be stolen.

Such an incident would be devastating for the long term success of the LISK project.

Second that, I hold all my Lisk on wallet.

Great rise for the Lisk today, great volume, hope it continues until it reaches ETH price Cheesy
ClaudioC

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 08:38:29 AM

Congratulations community - with your votes Elite took the Lisk network. Now >50 Elite is in top, so for Lisk future are responisble so greats delegates as:  kc, goodtimes,  eely_delving, kaystar, threelittlepig, menfei or catstar. I've never seen proposals from this delegates, they never appereard on this forum or lisk.chat. They did NOTHING for Lisk besides invest and join Elite Smiley As I writed here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1346646.msg18237516#msg18237516 in Elite are a lot a double delegates, I've seen this again on last network problem. DPoS isn't perfect but you decide

Anyway I belive in Lisk success, wait for 1.0.0 version
bluedude

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

y²=x3+ax+b, a=0,b=7

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 09:02:28 AM

Congratulations community - with your votes Elite took the Lisk network. Now >50 Elite is in top, so for Lisk future are responisble so greats delegates as:  kc, goodtimes,  eely_delving, kaystar, threelittlepig, menfei or catstar. I've never seen proposals from this delegates, they never appereard on this forum or lisk.chat. They did NOTHING for Lisk besides invest and join Elite Smiley As I writed here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1346646.msg18237516#msg18237516 in Elite are a lot a double delegates, I've seen this again on last network problem. DPoS isn't perfect but you decide

Anyway I belive in Lisk success, wait for 1.0.0 version
There are different kinds of members in the Elite group (from my short stay there)- some are programmers, some are proficient in marketing, some have other skills  and some others like me are just there for investment.
I have spent a lot of money on LISK and I have to look after my investment growing. If you are willing to gamble with your future savings, please do and come join Elite.Or should we say the delegate position is only for people with programming skills?

As an investor in LISK ecosystem, I have already gambled a  lot of money in buying LISK and the only type of proposal you would see from me is donating to LISK promotional funds, use my voting weight for delegates I see are worth etc. I don't have any other skills and am not planning to create a proposal page full of promises. Elite is still a young group and we are actively discussing how to promote LISK, from our group.

Why is there so much discussion on DPOS now, as new members have joined the top 101 spot?
Its funny that nobody has seen this as a big problem for the last year, when most of the complaining are safely forging in the top 101.

To me the natural reaction is "We are out, now lets fight to change DPOS so that we can get back in"  Wink
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 09:04:39 AM

Lisk price is looking very healthy today, Its always good to see Lisk being bullish - keep up the great work - its finally starting to pay dividends.
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 09:10:25 AM

Its funny that nobody has seen this as a big problem for the last year, when most of the complaining are safely forging in the top 101.

Actually many have seen it as a problem, and I guess you know it.
In the long run DPoS is terrible idea that is leading to corruption and centralization.
bluedude

y²=x3+ax+b, a=0,b=7

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 09:15:39 AM

In the long run DPoS is terrible idea that is leading to corruption and centralization.
I am not against changing the model at all, I was only joking about the timing of the uproar
A fundamental thing like this should have changed way earlier, I feel.
NorthPixel

Activity: 314

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 09:16:00 AM

If we make the network more decentralized, increasing the number of delegates 3 times this will be normal solution. I do not mean exactly three times, it may be different number.
someonesomeone

Activity: 933

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 09:23:37 AM

This:

Unusable official website as it is constantly under DDOS attack.The website is the face of your coin to the open world and I would like to see proper measures put in place to mitigate these type of attacks and enhance user experience.

I see this as a huge problem because it gives the whole project a bad rep because any new people usually go to the official website first and start the Lisk journey with a bad experience.

nyanhtet

Activity: 476

Bawga

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 09:29:37 AM

If we make the network more decentralized, increasing the number of delegates 3 times this will be normal solution. I do not mean exactly three times, it may be different number.

Surely it will increase, but not now. If you check delegate monitor, there are still not enough 201 delegate to increase currently.

Develop Custom Decentralized Blockchain Applications in JavaScript with LISK!         
  Website | Blog | Reddit | Chat - Be part of the decentralized application movement!
  Lisk Delegate - Communitypool: 80% reward sharing delegate
Transparency Report
crazydeadmoth

Activity: 249

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 09:50:53 AM

Lisk is still the largest community in the altcoin land, it is very reliable, the team is delivering thing regardless of difficult issues. Buy more.
nyanhtet

Activity: 476

Bawga

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 09:54:46 AM

This:

Unusable official website as it is constantly under DDOS attack.The website is the face of your coin to the open world and I would like to see proper measures put in place to mitigate these type of attacks and enhance user experience.

I see this as a huge problem because it gives the whole project a bad rep because any new people usually go to the official website first and start the Lisk journey with a bad experience.

It will eliminate with Lisk nano 1.0.0 . With new nano, you can create second passphrase, can register delegate, can vote more easily.

Follow development :https://github.com/LiskHQ/lisk-nano/projects/4

Develop Custom Decentralized Blockchain Applications in JavaScript with LISK!         
  Website | Blog | Reddit | Chat - Be part of the decentralized application movement!
  Lisk Delegate - Communitypool: 80% reward sharing delegate
Transparency Report
corsaro
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 10:07:55 AM

An update about our "LIG LOGO" contest: "LIGs Need a Logo! Win 1000 LSK!"

https://forum.lisk.io/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1469&p=10968#p10968

corsaro
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 10:17:32 AM
Last edit: April 26, 2017, 10:33:07 AM by corsaro

This:

everyone can install on his ubuntu machine a lisk node copying and pasting on terminal this line:

cd ~ && rm -rf installLisk*; wget https://downloads.lisk.io/lisk/main/installLisk.sh && bash installLisk.sh install -r main

then press enter

confirm with enter all questions, and with "y" the question about ntp

then wait a bit for chain to download and sync, and open the browser http://localhost:8000

so doing you have your own node
lisk is automatically started at boot

When a new version is released, you can update with:

cd ~ && rm -rf installLisk*; wget https://downloads.lisk.io/lisk/main/installLisk.sh && bash installLisk.sh upgrade -r main

anyway when new lisk 1.0.0 will be released the web gui will be eliminated, so at that point everyone could use lisk nano
iimpact

Activity: 86

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 10:18:43 AM

I think DPOS is a great system, we just need to find a way to get rid of mafia teams like Team elite who give only a little piece of stake back to the community. The thing is they give something back and people will rather get few coins from them than vote for someone with cool project which takes time to deliver and it might never deliver at all.
So for the beginning I hope we can replace Team Elite with POOLS which will give us a much better return than Team Elite which promises nothing really. You can get into 101 though Team Elite just because you have a lot of coins and only thing you "owe" to the community is that little percentage that all team elite members need to give to the pool.

So Team Elite members don't really have the motivation to build something more for the Lisk with those funds because they are easily keeping their delegate spots just by being in the mafia network who back each other with a lot of votes. So currently Team Elite is only an inflation for the Lisk project with few individuals that actually use Lisk for something else except building a fortune on it. This is our current problem that needs to be solved.

SOLUTION

All other delegates should offer more percentage than Team Elite back to the voters and cool projects but they should do it systematically like Team Elite so that the voters are sure to get their Lisk without any mambo jumbo, and to get this I propose that Lisk team builds a delegate dashboard with timeframes, numbers and projects proposals.
With the dashboard a delegate would setup the % of shares that he is returning to the voters and the timeframe in which percentage will be LOCKED. Payouts to the voters would be automatic. Also it would be easy and transparent to see project proposals and updates and history. This way we would be able to keep track of everything easily rather then using a forum which is a mess when it comes to tracking.
With this system you can easily knock out someone from voting if you see he's not doing what he initially proposed and took money for.
bluedude

y²=x3+ax+b, a=0,b=7

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 10:58:49 AM

I think DPOS is a great system, we just need to find a way to get rid of mafia teams like Team elite who give only a little piece of stake back to the community. The thing is they give something back and people will rather get few coins from them than vote for someone with cool project which takes time to deliver and it might never deliver at all.
So for the beginning I hope we can replace Team Elite with POOLS which will give us a much better return than Team Elite which promises nothing really. You can get into 101 though Team Elite just because you have a lot of coins and only thing you "owe" to the community is that little percentage that all team elite members need to give to the pool.

So Team Elite members don't really have the motivation to build something more for the Lisk with those funds because they are easily keeping their delegate spots just by being in the mafia network who back each other with a lot of votes. So currently Team Elite is only an inflation for the Lisk project with few individuals that actually use Lisk for something else except building a fortune on it. This is our current problem that needs to be solved.

SOLUTION

All other delegates should offer more percentage than Team Elite back to the voters and cool projects but they should do it systematically like Team Elite so that the voters are sure to get their Lisk without any mambo jumbo, and to get this I propose that Lisk team builds a delegate dashboard with timeframes, numbers and projects proposals.
With the dashboard a delegate would setup the % of shares that he is returning to the voters and the timeframe in which percentage will be LOCKED. Payouts to the voters would be automatic. Also it would be easy and transparent to see project proposals and updates and history. This way we would be able to keep track of everything easily rather then using a forum which is a mess when it comes to tracking.
With this system you can easily knock out someone from voting if you see he's not doing what he initially proposed and took money for.

Would you complain to the bitcoin miners for not doing anything for bitcoin development?
The miners throw more and more money on the hardware to increase their hash-rate, for getting more dividends.

For me delegates in LISK are similar to the miners in BTC.
The problem here is everyone is expecting the delegates to do awesome work or give a good share of their forged LISK back to the community.
Just like the BTC space, the progress doesn't have to come from the delegates, its the community which drives the progress.

If you believe in LISK, you buy, you hold and you promote, eventually the value and awareness of LISK will increase and you make good returns.
For delegates, with DPOS architecture, its inevitable that groups will be formed and if you are willing to throw lots of money at it, buy loads of LISK and join them.
Unfortunately this is the harsh reality and I don't see any solution to this delegate problem.
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 11:27:20 AM

Lisk is still the largest community in the altcoin land...

Can you prove this? More than ETH or Litecoin?
Bigcabrito

Activity: 504

Communications Lead

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 11:54:40 AM

SOLUTION

Would you complain to the bitcoin miners for not doing anything for bitcoin development?
The miners throw more and more money on the hardware to increase their hash-rate, for getting more dividends.

For me delegates in LISK are similar to the miners in BTC.
The problem here is everyone is expecting the delegates to do awesome work or give a good share of their forged LISK back to the community.
Just like the BTC space, the progress doesn't have to come from the delegates, its the community which drives the progress.

If you believe in LISK, you buy, you hold and you promote, eventually the value and awareness of LISK will increase and you make good returns.
For delegates, with DPOS architecture, its inevitable that groups will be formed and if you are willing to throw lots of money at it, buy loads of LISK and join them.
Unfortunately this is the harsh reality and I don't see any solution to this delegate problem.

It's very difficult to compare Lisk Delegates (DPOS) to that of BTC mining (POW). While I can understand the analogy, choosing a Delegates is a democratically process and thus they are heavily involved within the community. A delegate position comes with far more responsibility than many people believe. DPOS and POW are nothing alike, and they should not be compared; there's way too much social behavior involved within DPOS that does not matter for POW.

Lisk.
    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
    Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Lisk Community Manager
Pages: « 1 ... 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 [1969] 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: