Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:00:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you store your bitcoins?  (Read 92194 times)
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 12:30:20 AM

Earned bitcoins were stored in the Blockchain wallet. Till now I was completely having trust over the Blockchain online wallet. To have more security to the earned bitcoins having a offline wallet is also advised.

in 2015 i lost 0.07 , the reason why my blcockhain accoun easily get hacked is Im use same password as my gmail account  Lips sealed. Im not use 2fa too. now im use blockchain again and use new pasword and 2fa enabled.
First of all, for bitcoin wallets use password different than you have in any other service you are using.
Safety of your money is on the line after all. Secondly, how exactly hacker knew your gmail password?
I never heard about any security flaw withing blockchain.info so far. And it seems they offer pretty secure online wallet service.
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 12:48:01 AM

I recently bought a Ledger Nano hardware wallet on which I stored the majority of my Bitcoins. On my
Android phone I have about 0.5 BTC stored and a little on Poloniex, which I use for altcoin trading to
increase my total volume of Bitcoins

Either a Nano or trezor are the best to keep your coins. Since i got my trezor there is not a week that I don't watch it.
So it's not only safe, but also fun to watch and play with.

it's make me interesting to have 1 nano or trezor or other hardware wallet.
but now im not have more bitcoin, i have only 0.7btc maybe after i reach 10btc i will buying ledger/nano wallet..
Every Bitcoin is a money so i don't think you want to lose them Tongue
Ledger wallet is really cheap, you get the best security using them
Don't wait until you lose your coins to buy them, buy it now Wink
steveds
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 08:55:16 AM

Earned bitcoins were stored in the Blockchain wallet. Till now I was completely having trust over the Blockchain online wallet. To have more security to the earned bitcoins having a offline wallet is also advised.

in 2015 i lost 0.07 , the reason why my blcockhain accoun easily get hacked is Im use same password as my gmail account  Lips sealed. Im not use 2fa too. now im use blockchain again and use new pasword and 2fa enabled.
First of all, for bitcoin wallets use password different than you have in any other service you are using.
Safety of your money is on the line after all. Secondly, how exactly hacker knew your gmail password?
I never heard about any security flaw withing blockchain.info so far. And it seems they offer pretty secure online wallet service.
There isn't any flaw from their site and i am using it since years now but i couldn't come cross anything like that.Storing bitcoin in it is definitely the most convenient way among all wallet services but the only downside is that you cannot recover your wallet if you lost the password.
Newcoins2020

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 10:27:35 AM

I store my Bitcoins at a online wallet. And I think that is pretty good. It is very good to use and also very easy so that is very good.
It is very important to make Bitcoin more popular that is namely also very nice for the online wallets. That will be more used later.
lixer

Activity: 2520
Merit: 586

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 02:52:53 PM

Since I dont have much of bitcoin yet for I am still earning I only store them at my bitcoin wallet. Until I will be able to have a big earning on my own then that is the time I will be able to multiply my savings and spread this out maybe into different as others are doing..
Currently I am using four Bitcoin wallets in order to store my Bitcoins. As you say you are new I will suggest you to get more knowledge and then expand your wallets because using only one wallet is very risky nowadays. Using more Bitcoin wallets gives more security to your coins.

lrdeoliveira

Activity: 532
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 03:38:42 PM

I store my Bitcoins at a online wallet. And I think that is pretty good. It is very good to use and also very easy so that is very good.
It is very important to make Bitcoin more popular that is namely also very nice for the online wallets. That will be more used later.

i don't trust third part services for store a lot of bitcoin, maybe for your daily needs it's ok, but i would advice you to use off-line wallets. Online wallets are more vulnerable
apoorvlathey

Activity: 1162
Merit: 547

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2016, 04:08:40 PM

i don't trust third part services for store a lot of bitcoin, maybe for your daily needs it's ok, but i would advice you to use off-line wallets. Online wallets are more vulnerable
Same here. My coinbase account got suspended without any solid reason.
I store my bitcoins on electrum on my pc.

CryingMidget

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 04:22:52 PM

Quote from: Newcoins2020 link=topic=134w7246.msg14133484#msg14133484 date=1457432855

I would suggest you to go with blockchain or coinbase are good to have as online wallet bro. as offline wallet electrum is good one to have.
barbara44

Activity: 2394
Merit: 605

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 04:55:26 PM

I store my bitcoins in my wallet

and i think the wallet is the safest method to store the coins
Some peoples are storing their bitcoins in paper wallets, and some peoples are storing in online web based wallets like coinbase and xapo and PC Wallets like bitcoin core, and electrum.  
Paper wallets are good for peoples who have bigg amount of bitcoins and want to store them for long time, and online wallet are for good for people who frequently spend their bitcoin, invest and make payments.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 05:22:02 PM

Blockchain wallet is the only option suggested to store your Bitcoin with high security and accessibility from any place. It has also got mobile app which makes accessibility even more easier.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
bestluck

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 05:36:17 PM

In my wallet, my xapo wallet, I am earning my bitcoins from different sources like from faucets etc and collecting them to my wallet, and waiting for its value increase.
But I am thinking is it better to store them in xapo?
apoorvlathey

Activity: 1162
Merit: 547

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2016, 03:01:06 PM

In my wallet, my xapo wallet, I am earning my bitcoins from different sources like from faucets etc and collecting them to my wallet, and waiting for its value increase.
But I am thinking is it better to store them in xapo?
Only one problem with Xapo - You are not the real owner of your address as you don't have the Private key.
Though Xapo has been for a quite time now, so we can trust it.

tn211

Activity: 778

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 03:06:00 PM

I store my bitcoins in a online wallet because I do not have a lot of bitcoins right now if I'm honest.
If I have more bitcoins I would put them in a cold storage or a paper wallet.
GermanFoobla

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 04:01:48 PM

I recently bought a Ledger Nano hardware wallet on which I stored the majority of my Bitcoins. On my
Android phone I have about 0.5 BTC stored and a little on Poloniex, which I use for altcoin trading to
increase my total volume of Bitcoins

Either a Nano or trezor are the best to keep your coins. Since i got my trezor there is not a week that I don't watch it.
So it's not only safe, but also fun to watch and play with.

it's make me interesting to have 1 nano or trezor or other hardware wallet.
but now im not have more bitcoin, i have only 0.7btc maybe after i reach 10btc i will buying ledger/nano wallet..
Every Bitcoin is a money so i don't think you want to lose them Tongue
Ledger wallet is really cheap, you get the best security using them
Don't wait until you lose your coins to buy them, buy it now Wink

I store my Bitcoin at a online wallet and that is pretty good. And it also works very well.
But I hope that more people will use is and it is also very safe and that is very good. But you never know what will happen later in the future.
sallymeeh27

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 05:00:20 PM

Since I dont have much of bitcoin yet for I am still earning I only store them at my bitcoin wallet. Until I will be able to have a big earning on my own then that is the time I will be able to multiply my savings and spread this out maybe into different as others are doing..

Yes as the earnings are low and you haven't a lot of bitcoins you can save it only in one secured wallet
and i think that's the safest method to store bitcoins

Yes I believe so it is as for new members like me wherein I do not have much earnings but I believe so that time will come that I will be able to store my earnings into different suggested wallets thats why I am always reading all the concern talk about in this section every now and then to learn more..

Sengoko

Activity: 491
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 04:48:45 PM

Storing them in one of the lamest and less innovative ways at all, Blockchain.info... I am thinking about storing them at my PC at least soon since blockchain went offline few times before...
Akupuniard

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2016, 04:52:10 PM

Really want to know how!
I am new in btc and etc so will be interesting to read, more answers please!

richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 07:33:59 PM

I just have a small amount of bitcoin therefore online storage at blockchain.info is sufficient "although I don't recommend it", PC wallets are better since you at least control your bitcoins completely but sometimes inconvenient during use.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 07:51:08 PM

Really want to know how!
I am new in btc and etc so will be interesting to read, more answers please!

This thread has 25 pages. All answers are already given. Just read through the thread and you'll find out. Offline storage as in storing your wallet files in a USB drive or in a paper wallet are the best and cheapest options.
fravia

Activity: 770

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 08:03:58 PM

I just have a small amount of bitcoin therefore online storage at blockchain.info is sufficient "although I don't recommend it", PC wallets are better since you at least control your bitcoins completely but sometimes inconvenient during use.
i think the best way is cold storage as no one can steal your money from those hardware wallets so that would be the best choice

im storing my bitcoins on a paper wallet right now and i wate for some decent price increases in the future that would make me some good money

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: