Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:07:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Proof that God exists  (Read 62217 times)
-XXIII-

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 12:54:14 PM

I believe in God, the creator of The Earth and Heavens, Man and Angels, Spirit and Flesh. Being of a depth of holiness which man may never understand, His word becomes law in this universe (universe: one-word).

I serve my Lord God, before the eyes of the Watchers, including Christ; to glorify His word and name, to renounce and despise evil and live in righteousness, to be as pure on Earth as I shall be in Heaven.

To call one another heathen and brethren is to cast judgement upon thy soul; thy word is thy promise, a promise to judge is a promise to be judged. Hold fast to the Lord, be known by his children and seek favour before God.

Amen

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eon89 (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 292

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 12:55:03 PM

Why do people pray?

Studies have confirmed that prayer does nothing...

God has never once cured AIDS, Parkinson's disease, herpes, downs' syndrome, an amputation, or even so much as heal a scar or papercut...

People may claim God cured they cancer, or other ailment which went into remission, but its only ever things that could happen naturally...  God never fixes a missing arm or leg... God never cures an incurable virus... God has never made an infertile woman have a child...

God does not do these things, which would be simple for a God, because there is no God...

Try it out... pray for an amputee to regrow an arm or leg and watch God sit on his ass laughing at you...

Just because God doesn't always answer prayer in the ways we want, doesn't mean that He is not listening. For example. He hears all the things you are saying. And when He has cured all the pains and problems for those who believe in Him, by taking them home to Heaven, you will be burning in Hell with worse pains and problems than you could have ever imagined... all because you didn't believe in God.

Smiley

Yeah, after all of humanity will die, he will cure us all. That's great.

Some of us might argue that Hell would be something great - at least we wouldn't be lost for ever in the ground, like leaves.

eon89 (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 12:58:50 PM

can you see the air you breath? no. can you feel it? do you believe its there?  yes.
thats it. similar thing is with god.. i am not justifyimg a sinle religions god, because I don't want a single religion to be targeted...

Listen, neuroscientists are mapping how the human brain works as we speak.  youtube Ray Kurzweil.
We are getting very close to fully understand what exactly is happening to our brain when we think, talk, write posts on bitcointalk.org, memorize things etc.

I bet religion is infecting the emotional part of your brain first, then it spreads to reasoning/logical part, essentially causing hallucinations, emotional short circuits etc.

You are right, it is not fair to single out one particular religion.  They are all bat shit crazy.  I see no distinguishable difference between them.  People who believe in this stuff should be hospitalized. They pose danger to themselves and others.

You religiously believe this, then.     Grin

When someone says he/she doesn't believe something, our friend BADecker will quickly come and say he/she believes it.
I don't even know how to respond to such contradictory logic.
BADecker - there must be chaos in your mind, man.

And there you have it. You don't know how to respond, just like you don't realize that there are many things that you believe, that are contrary to the things that you have convinced yourself that you believe.

Smiley

You know, it's not even funny anymore. I mean, at first it was amusing to see all the mess there was inside your head, but now you're just messing with people. You're either slow or just flipping people off for the fun of it.

It's easy to understand why reality seems to hurt you. But isn't it time you grow up? I mean, man. What were we talking about? Wasn't it the proof that God exists? I have shown you the proof, and you can't even think your way through it to analyze it. Perhaps you should head back to school and get an education.

Smiley

Prove God exists using methods and experiments that can be repeated by anyone with the same result. Saying God exists because things around us exist and that's proof of His existence are just empty words.

Almost everyone in the world uses the methods that I have been talking about, everyday. People don't need to experiment with them. They are way beyond experimenting. For example.

When you first got a computer and the Internet, you experimented with it to teach yourself how to use it. But now, you get onto Bitcointalk without any trouble. You are way beyond experimenting with the computer and the Internet.

Likewise, people use cause and effect everyday.
People recognize the complexity of the universe... at least the world they live in everyday.
People recognize entropy all the time... in erosion if nothing else... or the fact that their car runs out of gas.

How in the world much more experimentation do you need? Get out there and use stuff in life, and you will be proving the existence of God to yourself.

Smiley

BADecker,

Ask God to post on this forum, asking him to use id from 2011. Or better yet, post on all the forums out there.  "Hey people, I'm your God, you know....blah,blah, have been busy for the last 6000 years, sorry for not getting back to you sooner..."

He is all knowing, so he is obviously reading this thread.  Hey God, where the fuck are you when BADecker needs you?

God my ass, you fool.

God has been posting through those of us who believe in Him. Turn and believe in Him, before it is too late for you, and you perish in the Hell you are making for yourself.

Smiley

Why always through others? He's not afraid, is He?

The Hell we are making for ourselves? I thought Hell already existed. It's some kind of steel mill underground, is it not?

Also, what do you mean to perish in Hell? I thought sinners would be in Hell forever. That's not perishing? It's eternal life. Well, well, what do you know... Huh...

galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 01:01:10 PM

eon89 (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 01:24:11 PM

Fact: Religion is for stupid people (or makes people stupid)

image image

Actually, it is many of the stupid people who are too stupid to not come to God and be save. These stupid people will live in glory in Heaven with God forever.

The smart people here, are too smart to believe in God. They will not be saved, because, even though they are smart, they are not smart enough to save themselves.

Too bad you can't be stupid here for these few years of life that you have, so that you can be smart with God in Heaven forever.

Smiley

So God wants to surround Himself with stupid people? What a weird thing to say.

blablahblah

Activity: 775
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 01:26:00 PM

BADecker,

Ask God to post on this forum, asking him to use id from 2011. Or better yet, post on all the forums out there.  "Hey people, I'm your God, you know....blah,blah, have been busy for the last 6000 years, sorry for not getting back to you sooner..."

He is all knowing, so he is obviously reading this thread.  Hey God, where the fuck are you when BADecker needs you?

God my ass, you fool.

Hey guys, sorry I couldn't back you sooner. Been busy Wink

Goedel's ontological proof thingie (page 1-2 somewhere) sounds a bit airy-fairy compared to the way some programmers think.

Anyone who speaks of 'God', "a god", some hypothetical god" or whatever, clearly has some kind of idea or 'model' of what constitutes a god in their mind. Let's call that model an "object".

In programming jargon, order to have an object, what else do we need to have?... A 'class'.

This separation between classes and their objects is akin to Plato's Forms and Images, a philosophical construct that's 1000s of years old.

That's all for now...
eon89 (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 01:27:21 PM

images

I saw a good study explaining and proving that religious children were less forgiving and less generous than normal children.
Another proof of the useless aspect of religion.

You completely misunderstand.

Religious people often are religious because they recognize that they are mean and bad people. They understand that they need God's forgiveness.

This doesn't always make them into good people. But it makes them into saved people.

Unbelievers still die, even if they are nicer than Christians. If they die without God, they are lost... because their niceness isn't perfect. And God requires perfection.

Where does God get the perfection for religious people? If they believe in the salvation that Jesus provides, they are covered by Jesus' perfection.

Smiley

So God doesn't want us to be good? But to be saved? I then can come and hit you in the head with a stick and if I believe that Jesus will save me it's okay? Well, that's an interesting turn of events.

If God wants perfection from us then why has He made us imperfect?

eon89 (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 01:31:45 PM

Someone give this man a beer! He earned it!

Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 05:34:19 PM

images

I saw a good study explaining and proving that religious children were less forgiving and less generous than normal children.
Another proof of the useless aspect of religion.

You completely misunderstand.

Religious people often are religious because they recognize that they are mean and bad people. They understand that they need God's forgiveness.

This doesn't always make them into good people. But it makes them into saved people.

Unbelievers still die, even if they are nicer than Christians. If they die without God, they are lost... because their niceness isn't perfect. And God requires perfection.

Where does God get the perfection for religious people? If they believe in the salvation that Jesus provides, they are covered by Jesus' perfection.

So God doesn't want us to be good? But to be saved? I then can come and hit you in the head with a stick and if I believe that Jesus will save me it's okay? Well, that's an interesting turn of events.

If God wants perfection from us then why has He made us imperfect?

I assume no Gods exists for this simple reason...

There is no evidence for any God

How hard would it be for a God to leave a trail of actual evidence to follow?

Why would God make us guess at which religion is correct rather than leave a clue for us? Why play a guessing game for your eternal soul?!?

Why would God allow all the suffering in this world?  Why flesh eating bacteria?  Why Bubonic plague and Ebola? Why cancer & AIDS?  Why is there an amoeba that crawls inside your eyeball, and eats it from the inside out?

The list of horrors that befall this planet is endless... Is this some sort of sick joke?

Either God does not exist, or he is the biggest asshole in the universe... choose wisely...
mrflibblehat

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 05:40:17 PM

Because it would be too easy to actually leave a proof trail. And why make things easy when they could be made hard? It's funnier and more interesting.

zenitzz

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 05:44:39 PM

God exists for sure dude if you really believe in him from heart then sure he will help you in every circumstances.
Moloch

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 05:51:18 PM

God exists for sure dude if you really believe in him from heart then sure he will help you in every circumstances.

That's some strong proof right there... You done convinced me...

It's a shame we've been arguing about this for 5 pages, and the best"proof" any Christian has come up with is...

"If you believe in him, he will help you"
mrflibblehat

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 06:08:25 PM

I don't know about you but he convinced me. I'm gonna give up bitcoin and repent.

buddycool

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 07:39:29 PM

Why so much debate about gods existence. .. Let's just believe who want to believe and don't believe who don't want to...
We shall see in the hereafter what's going to happen... Every soul has to taste the death... Are you not afraid of dying?? Just do good deeds.. Perform prayers...

Moloch

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 10:50:51 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2016, 01:48:53 AM by Moloch

Every soul has to taste the death... Are you not afraid of dying?? Just do good deeds.. Perform prayers...

1) Atheists don't have souls
B) I am not afraid of dying, and I hear that is common among atheists... Perhaps that is why the carrot & stick of heaven & hell doesn't work on us?
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 01:16:38 AM

I think there should be a god, it's all about creation, everyone that creating things, he become the god of his creation. So the god created our world, and he left

If the world is not man made, then why are all the physical rules so simple?

valta4065

Activity: 826

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 09:34:26 AM

Every soul has to taste the death... Are you not afraid of dying?? Just do good deeds.. Perform prayers...

1) Atheists don't have souls
B) I am not afraid of dying, and I hear that is common among atheists... Perhaps that is why the carrot & stick of heaven & hell doesn't work on us?

Why would or should we be afraid of dying? It's just the end. Nothing to fear, their was nothing before, their will be nothing after. You're just a consequent amount of biological complexity moved by electric exchanges through brain cells. That's cool but as long as it stops well you're not here anymore. So why being afraid of what is just nothing?

Well the "nothingness" can frighten. I understand it. I feel it. This is why God is ONE answer. But it doesn't mean it's THE answer.

█▄       ▄                                            ████     ▐███▌                                               
    ▐████▄ ▄██                                           █████     ████▌                                               
    ▐█████████▌                                          █████     ████                                                
▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████          
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████          
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████          
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████    
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████  
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████  
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████  
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████  
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████  
   ██████████████████   █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████   
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌     ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████   

|
    Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income   
             Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and more!             
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
mainpmf

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 10:24:53 AM

Why so much debate about gods existence. .. Let's just believe who want to believe and don't believe who don't want to...
We shall see in the hereafter what's going to happen... Every soul has to taste the death... Are you not afraid of dying?? Just do good deeds.. Perform prayers...

Perform prayers?

And to whom? I don't believe that the fact I'm whispering something like "please great god forgive me and my sins and protect those I cherish" is going to help me in any way! And sorry but I don't see the link between prayers and "good deeds"...

████████████████████████████
████████▄▄████████▄▄████████
█████▄███▀▀██████▀▀███▄█████
██████▀███▄█▄██▄▄████▀██████
████████████████▄▄████████
████▄▄███████████████▄████
████▄████████████████▀████
████████▀▀▀████▀█▀█████████
██████▄██████████████▄██████
█████▀███▄▄██████▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀████████▀▀████████
Truckcoin

For The Fastest Decentralized Global Market
▬▬     ANN Thread     WhitePaper     Twitter     Facebook     Google+     ▬▬

eon89 (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 12:52:21 PM

There is nothing after death. You just stop existing. Which is a terrible waste - so many wonderful minds just turning to dust.
And no souls, which are just the interpretation of your mind towards the exterior.
I'd love for God to exist. I'd like very much that someday I'd be able to see loved lost ones once again. But there isn't.
One immense, endless entity that takes care of everything? But permits so many bad things to happen? I know that according to  your beliefs we're limited and don't know God's plan but my mind, however limited, can see that things are not right the way they are.

youdamushi

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 01:44:52 PM

There is nothing after death. You just stop existing. Which is a terrible waste - so many wonderful minds just turning to dust.
And no souls, which are just the interpretation of your mind towards the exterior.
I'd love for God to exist. I'd like very much that someday I'd be able to see loved lost ones once again. But there isn't.
One immense, endless entity that takes care of everything? But permits so many bad things to happen? I know that according to  your beliefs we're limited and don't know God's plan but my mind, however limited, can see that things are not right the way they are.

Exactly.
Life is just a very tiny moment in the universe. You could nearly say it's a mistake. An accident.
It's nothing. We are nothing. And the moment our cell brains will stop exchanging data, we'll stop existing.

PARADICE.io

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: