Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:02:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Islam a religion of Peace?  (Read 10271 times)
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 06:01:57 AM

The current problem between Jews and Muslims rests solely on the declaration of the state of Israel in 1948. Land, resources, and the displacement of the indigenous Arab population is the root cause of the current crises between the two parties. The myth of "they've hatted each other for 100's of years" only holds weight for someone who has not opened or read a history book.

When you are talking about the forced displacement of the Arabs, you are conveniently forgetting about the forced displacement of the Jews. During the 1940s and the 1950s, more than a million Jews had to flee the Arab nations, especially Yemen, Iraq, Morocco, Libya, and Egypt. They were never compensated and now there are no Jews in any of these nations. On the other hand, right now 20% of the Israeli population is Arab.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 07:13:41 AM

The record of muslim/jewish relations is very well documented and known. Jews were expelled from Jerusalem in 72 c.e. by the Romans. They were not allowed to re-settle in Jerusalem until Umar (the Prophet's companion and 2nd Caliph) conquered Jerusalem and allowed them back.

To set the record straight it was the Greeks who started the expelling before the Romans Wink
Spendulus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 08:12:24 AM

The record of muslim/jewish relations is very well documented and known. Jews were expelled from Jerusalem in 72 c.e. by the Romans. They were not allowed to re-settle in Jerusalem until Umar (the Prophet's companion and 2nd Caliph) conquered Jerusalem and allowed them back.

To set the record straight it was the Greeks who started the expelling before the Romans Wink

This is quite irrelevant.  Are we to believe that in the past, the Muslims were so nice and tolerant, but now they are not?  This is not a justification, but a simple statement that....

"Islam is not peace."

It's not I that make this assertion then, but those Muslims who preach it.  And where does this lead?

"Islam is peace, well except when it's not."

Let's hear how this can be because I'm not impressed.
jak1

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 10:33:06 AM

Don't think so. Maybe just maybe in original version, but this interpretation we see now like radical islam definitely not. And when all those lands were under people like Gadafi,Husein,Asad there was peace and tolerance let say non violent also in Iran while Sah Pahlavi was there and  suddenly after their fall radical islam shows and rise up.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 11:30:56 AM

And when all those lands were under people like Gadafi,Husein,Asad there was peace and tolerance let say non violent also in Iran while Sah Pahlavi was there and  suddenly after their fall radical islam shows and rise up.

Both Saddam Hussein and Bashar al Assad were a part of the Arab nationalist Ba'áth party. Gaddhafi also was a proponent of Arab nationalism. They gave importance to Arab supremacy, and suppressed Islamic nationalism. Christian Arabs used to play an important role in the Ba'áth party and even now they are quite powerful.
arbitrage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 12:54:49 PM

In every society you have radical elements.
Especially in Islam they are very fertile ground , in many cases those are very poor people.
 Joining groups they finally have acceptance and find themselves useful.
Also by this way they provide security and existence for family, which is ery sad.
For someone to live someone else must die!?
Spendulus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 03:04:56 PM

In every society you have radical elements.
Especially in Islam they are very fertile ground , in many cases those are very poor people.
 Joining groups they finally have acceptance and find themselves useful.
Also by this way they provide security and existence for family, which is ery sad.
For someone to live someone else must die!?
So Islam is or is not Peace?
srinikethan

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 03:19:13 PM

i dont know it....but there is total unrest in the world caused by people belonging to that religion...so cant say anything!!
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 08:20:47 PM

i dont know it....but there is total unrest in the world caused by people belonging to that religion...so cant say anything!!

The reasons why the true Muslims do violence are listed here http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/quran/023-violence.htm.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
mrflibblehat

Activity: 350

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 08:49:48 PM

Yeah, over 100 verses that call to violence. Religion of peace - right.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 09:07:00 PM

Yeah, over 100 verses that call to violence. Religion of peace - right.

In addition, when you listen to the Muslim clerics who say that those words of violence really mean peace, they always talk so fast that you can't get your thoughts straight as to what they are saying. So, they turn Islam into peace.

Well, what they really do is turn it into peace for Muslims. They are very clever in the way they switch things around so that it looks like they are talking about everybody, but they are only really talking about peace for Muslims.

There is a sliver of Islam that is peace for non-Muslims. There is an unspecified time of outreach, where Muslims "must" offer peace to peaceful non-Muslims, during a time while they are trying to convert them to Islam. But nobody knows when this outreach time will end. And the peaceful Muslims have gone way beyond the time, and should have killed off a whole bunch of infidels long ago.

This is one of the things that ISIS is upset about... the fact that the other Muslims mostly are not being true Muslims.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
mrflibblehat

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 09:10:48 PM

Of course - every religion is making propaganda for itself.
So ISIS is being violent because other Muslims mostly are not being true Muslims.? Good job. They must be the good guys.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 09:12:38 PM

The reasons why the true Muslims do violence are listed here http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/quran/023-violence.htm.

Smiley

I'm thinking the quotes in Quran are part of the problem.  We have to ask ourselves why Muslims use them to commit violence.  Christians and Jews have similarly violent quotes in their holy books, but somehow we see less religion inspired violence from those cults.

Maybe it is the Jihadist, sharia law ideology in this holy book that gives Muslims an excuse to commit more violent acts. 

The difference is this. The Islamic directives to violence are live directives.

There were essentially two areas for ancient Israel violence against other nations. They were in self-defense, and for a time while Israel made itself into a strong nation.

Since ancient Israel fell away from God, God took their nation away from them for almost 1,900 years. They barely have it back again, since 1948-1949, and here they are, doing the violence in ways that God has not directed them this time.

Christianity has no directives to do violence in their religious writings. In fact, it is just the opposite - turn the other cheek.

Smiley

mrflibblehat

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 09:27:29 PM

Smiley

I'm thinking the quotes in Quran are part of the problem.  We have to ask ourselves why Muslims use them to commit violence.  Christians and Jews have similarly violent quotes in their holy books, but somehow we see less religion inspired violence from those cults.

Maybe it is the Jihadist, sharia law ideology in this holy book that gives Muslims an excuse to commit more violent acts. 

There were essentially two areas for ancient Israel violence against other nations. They were in self-defense, and for a time while Israel made itself into a strong nation.

Since ancient Israel fell away from God, God took their nation away from them for almost 1,900 years. They barely have it back again, since 1948-1949, and here they are, doing the violence in ways that God has not directed them this time.

Christianity has no directives to do violence in their religious writings. In fact, it is just the opposite - turn the other cheek.

Smiley

That is what you think but unfortunately that is not a reality.  I thought we already went through that argument in other threads.  No point to rehash the quotes and the contemporary examples of Christian inspired violence here. 

I'm curious as to why Muslims are more inclined to commit violence.  I'm sure Quran has nice "turn the other cheek", "help your brothers and sisters" quotes as well.  Maybe some Muslim members here can provide examples of nice quotes from Quran.  I have no desire to go through this vile book again....

I tried once to read the Quran. If I'm not mistaken, on the first page, I think, there was something like "all non-muslims are bad people and must die", or something like that. So that was it. Threw it away.
Kudos to you for reading it all. I couldn't.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 09:29:02 PM

Smiley

I'm thinking the quotes in Quran are part of the problem.  We have to ask ourselves why Muslims use them to commit violence.  Christians and Jews have similarly violent quotes in their holy books, but somehow we see less religion inspired violence from those cults.

Smiley

That is what you think but unfortunately that is not a reality.  I thought we already went through that argument in other threads.  No point to rehash the quotes and the contemporary examples of Christian inspired violence here.  

I'm curious as to why Muslims are more inclined to commit violence.  I'm sure Quran has nice "turn the other cheek", "help your brothers and sisters" quotes as well.  Maybe some Muslim members here can provide examples of nice quotes from Quran.  I have no desire to go through this vile book again....

Simply because Christians do what is against the directives that God has laid down in the New Testament, does not mean that new directives are formed.

As I said in another post, Muslims are required to be peaceful to faithful Muslims, and to peaceful non-Muslims during a time of attempted conversion.

Smiley

mrflibblehat

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 09:31:48 PM

"attempted conversion"? So what happens if the conversion fails or doesn't work? Those who attempted are fair game and can be killed?

aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 11:21:35 PM

I think some are peaceful and open minded and others are extreme and closed minded.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 06:50:02 AM

I think some are peaceful and open minded and others are extreme and closed minded.

The problem is that the "peaceful and open minded" types, who claim that they constitute the majority of the Muslims, don't condemn the actions by their "extremist and close-minded" coreligionists. In the end, it is the silence by the majority which makes it impossible to prevent the terrorist activities by the fringe elements.
arbitrage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 10:55:53 AM

I don't see that Islam is doing anything to distinguish themselves from those extremists..
They must clearly every day direct call for peace and understanding..
They must call people to protest against terrorism or they know something that we dont?
breeze170

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 11:36:05 AM

Islam or any other beliefs are not way to reach peace at all.
They will always reach one point so save its believers but kill its non believers.
It is truth for every religion. Sorry.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: