Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:17:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Ethereum Paradox  (Read 99810 times)
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 01:11:26 PM

Alright cool.   I believe these problems are solvable.

I already explained w.r.t. to proof-of-stake and consensus-by-betting why Vlad and Vitalik are not close to solving them and are pursuing their wrong direction. And that aforementioned link doesn't even include their error of pursuing partitioning.

But you aren't sincere (you are not interested in knowing the truth).

Next question:  do you think you're the smartest person in the world and know everything?

I don't need to be the smartest in the world. I only need to explain factually as I did, that I am smarter (more experienced actually) than Vlad and Vitalik on these issues being discussed in this thread.

If you are incapable of comprehending technical details, that isn't my fault. It also means you are incapable of judging whom is more expert. The astute readers know how to study what I have written and listen to my video. Nothing you can write will change that. So just keep trolling and attempting to bury the truth with your insincere noise.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 01:34:56 PM

Video won't play on my phone...

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
monsterer
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 01:57:27 PM

If you are incapable of comprehending technical details, that isn't my fault. It also means you are incapable of judging whom is more expert. The astute readers know how to study what I have written and listen to my video.

Any chance you could youtube your video, for ppl that don't want to download 200Mb?
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 05:42:37 AM

So let's hear you display some knowledge of functional polymorphism? Explain ML functors? What is a type class and why are there no inductive types in Haskell?

Etc..

It's not functional polymorphism, but parametric polymorphism. A type class is the way of doing ad-hoc polymorphism in Haskell. There is not inductive types in Haskell because all types include bottom value.

Do you still think you're the only one in here that know things?

Vanillacoin is a gem. Vanillacoin forum

Well I was thinking of precisely the following post which says "(parametric) polymorphism", but I term it functional polymorphism since it using functional parameters instead of parametric types of instantiable OOP objects:

http://scala-language.1934581.n4.nabble.com/scala-usefulness-of-OOP-tp2000320p2000339.html

(what a small world, I see Gregory Meredith participated in the above discussion)

No why would you assume such an absurd notion when I never indicated Huh I suppose you just have an ego problem (must be your irrational association with VNL, did you invest your lunch money?). I obviously know I am not the only one since I learned about Haskell's bottom type populating all types via Robert Harper's blog post. I didn't ask you, I asked Fuserleer.

But I already was aware that Haskell inverts the type hierarchy and puts bottom at the top of the hierarchy, or rather let's say Haskell is the dual and has co-inductive types. I wrote more about that here:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/scala-language/PIhmEeMg-Ms/SUdf950G_T0J

If you truly know these matters and didn't just Google for them, then why on God's earth do you think VanillaCoin is a gem. Cripes surely you are smart enough to realize Zerotime and Chainblender are highly flawed.

hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 06:27:23 PM

So let's hear you display some knowledge of functional polymorphism? Explain ML functors? What is a type class and why are there no inductive types in Haskell?

Etc..

It's not functional polymorphism, but parametric polymorphism. A type class is the way of doing ad-hoc polymorphism in Haskell. There is not inductive types in Haskell because all types include bottom value.

Do you still think you're the only one in here that know things?

Vanillacoin is a gem. Vanillacoin forum

Well I was thinking of precisely the following post which says "(parametric) polymorphism", but I term it functional polymorphism since it using functional parameters instead of parametric types of instantiable OOP objects:

http://scala-language.1934581.n4.nabble.com/scala-usefulness-of-OOP-tp2000320p2000339.html

(what a small world, I see Gregory Meredith participated in the above discussion)

No why would you assume such an absurd notion when I never indicated Huh I suppose you just have an ego problem (must be your irrational association with VNL, did you invest your lunch money?). I obviously know I am not the only one since I learned about Haskell's bottom type populating all types via Robert Harper's blog post. I didn't ask you, I asked Fuserleer.

But I already was aware that Haskell inverts the type hierarchy and puts bottom at the top of the hierarchy, or rather let's say Haskell is the dual and has co-inductive types. I wrote more about that here:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/scala-language/PIhmEeMg-Ms/SUdf950G_T0J

If you truly know these matters and didn't just Google for them, then why on God's earth do you think VanillaCoin is a gem. Cripes surely you are smart enough to realize Zerotime and Chainblender are highly flawed.

Here one can try to follow and will find out that Casper might work with a reduced set of "well" defined type sub class so that scripts can terminate.

https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/comment/18130/#Comment_18130

Referenced paper is guess that:

http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F978-3-540-24727-2_7

Still performance vs. convergence is not clear.

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
StinkyLover

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

This industry is pure fiction

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 08:44:19 PM

The Ethereum Paradox, indeed.

1. The value has increased to 450M$. Meanwhile the author of the system has written 0 lines of code in the last month. https://github.com/vbuterin

2. The former CEO of the project has presented the potential of smart contracts, mentions ethereum, but doesn't show running code. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bY66Zgr8Cs

3. The algorithm will be changed to PoS, yet its entirely unclear how the current currency can survive this.

AFAIK, and I'd like to be corrected with tangible evidence, nobody uses the software for anything. All the examples I've seen were theoretical. It is, as far as I can tell a purely speculative vehicle.

I agree, but I remember back in the days of the start of the internet. Many theories, nobody interested. Then those theories became real and everybody started going wooo. Then the companies went public and people called them unprofitable rubbish. Then they started making big profits after 5 years. And those boys who were talking theories and were being laughed at are all now billionaires and we know their names.

stoat

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 08:45:24 PM

1.V Buterin is meeting with investors and holding talks at the European parliament and shit.  There is a whole dev team doing the actual developing.

2.why would you show code in an informal talk to people who probably can't read it

3.POS is still in development and the currency will survive it just fine in fact it will probably increase in value, again.

<-- Click here!
hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 08:52:25 PM

And by the way, a forked ETH chain with smart-contracts (and all the same issues I outlined upthreat) will run as a BTC-sidechain soon, "backward comp" promised here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1375724.0

So what exactly is the ETH good for? Speculation?

hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 08:54:19 PM

1.V Buterin is meeting with investors and holding talks at the European parliament and shit.  There is a whole dev team doing the actual developing.

Watch him, he just needs some free lunch.

stoat

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 08:58:47 PM

Lol mexican rootstock!  Saviour of bitcoin lol.  Roll Eyes

<-- Click here!
hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 09:46:09 PM

Lol mexican rootstock!  Saviour of bitcoin lol.  Roll Eyes

Getting even more paradox with that:

https://youtu.be/_so7aokJgYY

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 11:04:47 PM

1. The value has increased to 450M$. Meanwhile the author of the system has written 0 lines of code in the last month. https://github.com/vbuterin

2. The former CEO of the project has presented the potential of smart contracts, mentions ethereum, but doesn't show running code. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bY66Zgr8Cs

3. The algorithm will be changed to PoS, yet its entirely unclear how the current currency can survive this.

AFAIK, and I'd like to be corrected with tangible evidence, nobody uses the software for anything. All the examples I've seen were theoretical. It is, as far as I can tell a purely speculative vehicle.

3.POS is still in development and the currency will survive it just fine in fact it will probably increase in value, again.

We are at the end of an Austrian "Crackup Boom" cycle globally, where excess credit has destroyed all profitable investments. Given the global collapse contagion underway which will accelerate from 2017 to 2020, the exodus from government bonds (and other conservative investments which are no longer viable) has really only one place to go (as Martin Armstrong predicted):

stock speculation

$450 million mcap is nothing. No where near $450 million has changed hands, rather only $10s of millions at most.

So everyone position yourself to partake of the trend. Fundamentals aren't the only factor involved. Speculation follows speculation.

Ethereum doesn't have a monopoly on this phenomenon...

stoat

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 11:32:42 PM

Your macroeconomic analysis is retarded.  Don't give up the dayjob...whatever that is.

<-- Click here!
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 11:34:50 PM

Your macroeconomic analysis is retarded.

Justify your shrilling with facts and data. I await your elaborately detailed presentation to back your claim.

Otherwise you(r ignorance) will be appropriately ignored.

StinkyLover

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 11:50:18 PM

We are at the end of an Austrian "Crackup Boom" cycle globally, where excess credit has destroyed all profitable investments. Given the global collapse contagion underway which will accelerate from 2017 to 2020, the exodus from government bonds (and other conservative investments which are no longer viable) has really only one place to go (as Martin Armstrong predicted):

stock speculation

$450 million mcap is nothing. No where near $450 million has changed hands, rather only $10s of millions at most.

So everyone position yourself to partake of the trend. Fundamentals aren't the only factor involved. Speculation follows speculation.

Ethereum doesn't have a monopoly on this phenomenon...
Actually you're wrong. That's the daily volume you've quoted there ($10m+).
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 11:56:20 PM

Insiders buying from themselves to pump up daily volume is a well known tactic of shrilling shit coins. Welcome to the party. Seems you need to catch up on your education of how market manipulation works when the insiders control a large percentage of the float.

Again 96% of all ETH volume is done on two exchanges. I don't see those exchanges sharing their KYC data on who is trading with whom. So it is impossible for anyone to refute this.

StinkyLover

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 12:12:58 AM

Insiders buying from themselves to pump up daily volume is a well known tactic of shrilling shit coins. Welcome to the party. Seems you need to catch up on your education of how market manipulation works when the insiders control a large percentage of the float.

Again 96% of all ETH volume is done on two exchanges. I don't see those exchanges sharing their KYC data on who is trading with whom. So it is impossible for anyone to refute this.

Nope. That's just your personal opinion, not fact set in stone, which you will also find impossible to prove. Others have a different opinion of the ETH daily volume.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 12:14:42 AM

Nope. That's just your personal opinion, not fact set in stone, which you will also find impossible to prove. Others have a different opinion of the ETH daily volume.

Where is your proof?

I've never seen a case where humans didn't take money that was sitting in front of their faces to take. The insiders always do this, unless they are worried about being caught and prosecuted. But since ETH was an illegal unregistered investment security launched from Switzerland to attempt to side step SEC (and I presume EU) regulations[1], we don't have to doubt whether they feel constrained by any regulators.

[1] But they marketed it to US investors so they are still in violation of SEC law.

stoat

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 01:06:49 AM

Justify your shrilling with facts and data. I await your elaborately detailed presentation to back your claim.

Stop misspelling the word "shill" as "shrill" and I'll do anything you want

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/shill

<-- Click here!
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 01:28:05 AM

Stop misspelling the word "shill" as "shrill" and I'll do anything you want

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/shill

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/shrill

betraying some strong emotion or attitude in an exaggerated amount, as antagonism or defensiveness.

Shills shrill.

I see you have not been able to "Justify your shrilling with facts and data.".

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: