Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:51:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Ethereum Paradox  (Read 99809 times)
MadCow

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 12:04:57 PM

Vitalik isn't a genius. I can already see that clearly. To be a qualified genius, you have to prove your rarity by your accomplishments.

We cant know yet if hes a genius or not,hes still young,but its obvious hes smart.And that would be one of the many reasons i wouldnt debate if i were him,hes still gaining experience and he doesnt have to do anything alone,he has a huge dedicated team working with him,he cant be better/best at everything, and wouldnt surprise me if in ethereum team were alot people way smarter than he is.And because of that ethereums odds to succeed as a team is very likely (i'm confident they'll eventually fix ethereum's flaws).But ofcourse that success doesnt mean ethereum price will skyrocket,it has to be used and applied as technology,since,at this point,i dont see two coins used as "payment" or "store of value" in short to med term,even btc is not so widely adopted.

VB is smart to avoid TPTB, he doesn't need to prove anything to users on this forum, or other crypto forums. His target market isn't reading forums, but TPTB has a right to challenge him all the same. One day I think he will respond when it suits him. TPTB needs publicity, not VB

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 02:05:54 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2016, 04:12:49 PM by TPTB_need_war

TPTB needs publicity, not VB

Illogical. I need publicity within the crypto currency arena, like I need a hole in my head (and I already have one of those). The only way my project will succeed is by NOT mentioning there is any plan B to involve a crypto currency to the initial target audience. My project is not primarily about crypto currency. Rather it is about trying to make a unicorn startup in the social networking realm.

VB needs publicity within the crypto currency arena in order to sustain a steady supply of greater fools to buy ETH.

VB is wise not to debate me because he will lose the debate so resoundingly that the entire Ethereum project will be humiliated. In a verbal debate, it won't even be close. It would show just how far from a genius he is and that I am closer to one (although I am not a polymath genius ... but I display sometimes genius level insights yet in another areas I am just slightly above average).

(The reason I claim I am closer to one, is my accomplishments are rarer than Vitalik's. By his age, I had already accomplished what is in today's demographics a million-user adopted software product BEFORE the internet and with only 1 other programmer, and then I duplicated that feat again for the internet in my early 30s as the only programmer on the project. But I have not duplicated it since then. Also because I was very precocious as a toddler and entertained adults in conversations. However, I think my growth was stunted by both inadequate nutrition when my parents divorced when I was 5, emotional trauma, and being moved around to a new inner New Orleans and Baton Rouge city public school every year wherein I learned to make spit balls. I ate a lot of peanut butter and crackers, or just crackers growing up and even was locked outside of the house in the afternoon when arriving home from school because my mother was at work. I became expert at breaking into the house. Also I was born with jaundice and my sister was born premature, so apparently my mother was not talking best care of her health. Perhaps marijuana use, drinking, or just improper nutritution.)

The only reason I would be motivated to debate VB is if it will be verbal where he can't run and hide in real-time; and because I would love to humiliate and expose a charlatan. Because that is just my nature. I have a passion about exposing fraudulent people. I like to get them to look in the mirror. I would love to see how he would react when cornered. I guess it is an alphamale thing wanting to out a betamale and kick him out of the alphamale category in the eyes of the n00bs because he has not earned the respect he is receiving from other betamales. In other words, he has not earned my respect and the opposite he has earned my ire for promulgating BS. It is the role of the silverbacks to not allow weaker males to destroy the tribe by allowing them a greater role than they can earn.

In short, I am a very competitive person. VB's body and hand/body language looks like he has no testosterone and he promulgates technobabble nonsense. I enjoyed some of his blog posts, but where he lost my respect was by fitting reality to the goal, rather than vice versa.

Frankly though, I don't really have time for the distraction (disruption) of preparing for a verbal debate. So it is much better for me and my project if VB ignores me. I have more rushed matters to attend to. Also there is the complication of my variable illness, which means I might be having CFS right at the scheduled time of the debate and unable to muster my full mental facilities. So this is risky for me.

Also such a debate would be most informational if it included Vlad and perhaps Greg Meredith, and on the other side with me if it included some more mathematical antagonists to fill in for me wherein those Ethereum math nerds might try to use some statement that would be outside my knowledge set.

Vitalik isn't a genius. I can already see that clearly. To be a qualified genius, you have to prove your rarity by your accomplishments.

We cant know yet if hes a genius or not,hes still young,but its obvious hes smart.

Actually those of us with experience in this software industry can make this determination already. There are millions of very smart people. That is not rare enough to be a genius.

VB has a sometimes interesting perspective and insight on particular technical issues. And he brings a mathematical mind to it. But afaics he nearly always bends reality. I think it may originate from being raised by very wealthy parents in a very spoiled environment where he was (in his own words) encouraged by his father who "always has crazy ideas".

One of the blogs for which Vitalik is most cited is:

Proof of Stake: How I Learned to Love Weak Subjectivity

Quote from: Vitalik
Although the idea [proof-of-stake] has many undeniable benefits, including efficiency, a larger security margin and future-proof immunity to hardware centralization concerns,

Here is an example wherein he has not even bothered to consult with other experts outside his circle jerk team, because he would then have learned that PoShit has weaker security margins and (from smooth) without complete centralization even the game theory of "nothing at stake" resolves to a proof-of-work computational search for the optimal strategy, thus also becomes a hardware centralization driven paradigm.

Quote from: Vitalik
The purpose of a consensus algorithm, in general, is to allow for the secure updating of a state according to some specific state transition rules, where the right to perform the state transitions is distributed among some economic set.

This sentence has a confused thought process that is not indicative a genius mind, because the right to perform state transitions only rests with the holder of the private keys not with the economic set that decides the consensus! Logic fail! I understand what he wanted to write. Let me correct it for him, "The purpose of a decentralized consensus algorithm for a block chain, in general, is to always converge to a majority agreement on the updates of the block chain state which must obey protocol state transition rules, wherein the right to participate in this said algorithm is permissionlessly distributed among some economic set.".

I could go on and on and even point out where he had some interesting insights but continued to display errors that indicate he is not a genius...

MadCow

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 10:00:59 AM

Illogical. I need publicity within the crypto currency arena, like I need a hole in my head (and I already have one of those). The only way my project will succeed is by NOT mentioning there is any plan B to involve a crypto currency to the initial target audience. My project is not primarily about crypto currency. Rather it is about trying to make a unicorn startup in the social networking realm.

You need early adopters, (VB already has his), that was my point. I think your strategy to keep the crypto element on a 'need to know' basis is wise, Jo Six-pack doesn't care how his sausage is made, he just wants flavor
Mvann

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 09:12:11 PM

TPTB_need_war, if u have time, what is ur opinion on Safenet? Have u looked into it?

Reason I'm asking is bc if Ethereum for some reason does fail, then most likely that is the place many will go. (not that I think Ethereum will fail, but I guess it could theoretically happen as u have pointed out)
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 09:40:02 PM

Safenet? [...] then most likely that is the place many will go

I have no idea why you would think that about yet another copycoin.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 10:23:41 PM

You need early adopters, (VB already has his), that was my point. I think your strategy to keep the crypto element on a 'need to know' basis is wise, Jo Six-pack doesn't care how his sausage is made, he just wants flavor

The deleted reply was moved to my project's thread.

Since your and other posts in this thread accusing me of preying on Vitalik's fame require my response. If the mod is not going to delete every such accusation in this thread, then I have the right to respond to the accusation. I have moved that response to my project's thread so as to not clutter this thread.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 11:29:27 PM

Here we go Ethereum Paradox again! BitBay is technobabble complexity (feature after unvetted feature being promised) without first explaining how they solve the scaling problem of a block chain.

PoShit consensus again.

Another child prodigy genius claim (Zimbeck redux of Vitalik).

None of these shitcoins are going to scale and remain decentralized.

These are just P&Ds.

The truth I am stating won't be vindicated until perhaps another year or two hence. So enjoy yourselves.

r0ach (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 05:49:25 PM

Bitbay is shady as fuck.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/chat-logs-allegedly-show-bter-creating-and-pumping-its-own-coin

"Eventually, the pump group— run by a man known as “BobSurplus” on the Bitcoin Talk Forums, and his partner who goes by the name “Gekko” in the chat logs —  eventually decided to blow up the plan." Haha

Ethereum is also shady as fuck.

Of course, and I already made that post a few weeks ago:

Altcoins are a prisoner's dilemma and not possible to beat Bitcoin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1398586.0

The way that Eth went from nothingness to people pretending it's challenging Bitcoin (mostly with automated spam accounts), while having absolutely garbage fundamentals, reeked of a banker attack on Bitcoin itself.  They're monopoly men and drank the koolaid make believing Vitalik is the second coming of Jesus, so they thought they could both attack Bitcoin and make money at the same time.  They bought up all the coins in IPO and initial release, then banks like Goldman pumped it.  Now they get to find out they effectively pumped a useless turd.  So while it did have some minor, temporary stagnation effect on BTC, it's going to cost them a lot of money unless they can find lots of greater fools to unload those ethers on.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2016, 06:14:07 PM

Get you some good 'smart contract' infos about ETH or BTC  from Eric Lombrozo on the future and thing get back to earth soon

After ca 30 min

http://youtu.be/DJdS-9hVwck

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
r0ach (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 07:23:07 PM

Get you some good 'smart contract' infos about ETH or BTC  from Eric Lombrozo on the future and thing get back to earth soon

After ca 30 min

What the hell is going on in this video?  They're trying to bring men's daisy duke shorts into style?

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2016, 07:42:51 PM

After ca 30 min

What the hell is going on in this video?  They're trying to bring men's daisy duke shorts into style?

Yep, that's just to get you away from the tech.   Roll Eyes

Awsome

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 08:11:23 PM

Many of her videos are questionable but this last one was spot on with ethereum -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_90Y8mw_HVY

Fuserleer
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2016, 09:58:40 PM

Many of her videos are questionable but this last one was spot on with ethereum -

Yeah agreed, some are a bit off the mark...that one was not Smiley

Radix - DLT x.0

Web - http://radix.global  Forums - http://forum.radix.global Twitter - @radixdlt
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 02:04:28 AM

She cut her bangs to look like Spock (Leonard Nimoy) from Star Trek, to make you nb00bs lose your ability to pay attention to the nonsense she is speaking.

I already explained upthread why decentralized consensus can not be a Nash equilibrium if relying on a centralized data point (i.e. the feed of video count plays).

r0ach (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 02:05:08 AM

My favorite part about that girl's videos is how she enunciates words completely random similar to George Bush in this 8 second video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdG1Hczh2Zg

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
Fuserleer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 02:11:36 AM

She cut her bangs to look like Spock (Leonard Nimoy) from Star Trek, to make you nb00bs lose your ability to pay attention to the nonsense she is speaking.

I already explained upthread why decentralized consensus can not be a Nash equilibrium if relying on a centralized data point (i.e. the feed of video count plays).

Erm....what video did you watch?  The one I saw was pointing out just how cumbersome and potentially useless smart contracts are in the real world.....

The point of it being "Nash fulfilling" was not the topic of the video Smiley

Radix - DLT x.0

Web - http://radix.global  Forums - http://forum.radix.global Twitter - @radixdlt
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 02:19:38 AM
Last edit: March 30, 2016, 03:30:58 AM by TPTB_need_war

Erm....what video did you watch?  The one I saw was pointing out just how cumbersome and potentially useless smart contracts are in the real world.....

I didn't listen past the 2 minute point, because her initial proposal for a smart contract wouldn't meet Nash equilibrium. I just wasted my time listening to the remaining 3 minutes. She not realizing that or at least not pointing that out, is an egregious omission because it enables detractors to attempt assail her other reasons for not liking smart contracts.

Fuserleer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 02:21:17 AM

I didn't listen past the 2 minute point, because her initial proposal for a smart contract wouldn't meet Nash equilibrium. I just wasted my time listing to the remaining 3 minutes. She not realizing that or at least not pointing that out, is an egregious omission because it enables detractors to attempt assail her other reasons for not liking smart contracts.

Sometimes there can be more than one elephant in the room you know Smiley

Radix - DLT x.0

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 02:24:50 AM

It wouldn't require 5 minutes from me to articulate the basic tl;dr point of her conclusion, before going off to justify it.

Don't people understand that our time is finite and we can't expend the entire day listening to 5 minute videos just to know the conclusion being proved. For if we already agree with the conclusion, then no need to listen past the 30 second introduction if it concisely stated.

Fuserleer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 02:26:52 AM

It wouldn't require 5 minutes from me to articulate the basic tl;dr point of her conclusion, before going off to justify it.

Don't people understand that our time is finite and we can't expend the entire day listening to 5 minute videos just to know the conclusion being proved. For if we already agree with the conclusion, then no need to listen past the 30 second introduction if it concisely stated.

I just thought it was a fun watch while I enjoyed my coffee break...

Radix - DLT x.0

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: