Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:19:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Ethereum Paradox  (Read 99809 times)
MadCow

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 03:03:24 AM

TPTB needs publicity, not VB

Illogical. I need publicity within the crypto currency arena, like I need a hole in my head (and I already have one of those). The only way my project will succeed is by NOT mentioning there is any plan B to involve a crypto currency to the initial target audience. My project is not primarily about crypto currency. Rather it is about trying to make a unicorn startup in the social networking realm.

You need early adopters, (VB already has his), that was my point. I think your strategy to keep the crypto element on a 'need to know' basis is wise, Jo Six-pack doesn't care how his sausage is made, he just wants flavor

The deleted reply was moved to my project's thread.

Since your and other posts in this thread accusing me of preying on Vitalik's fame require my response. If the mod is not going to delete every such accusation in this thread, then I have the right to respond to the accusation. I have moved that response to my project's thread so as to not clutter this thread.

Consider re-calibrating your responses, my original post (below) was actually complimentary towards you, i.e. VB is smart to avoid debating you as you might be able to show him up, coz you have skills, and you're criticisms aren't easily dismissed.

VB is smart to avoid TPTB, he doesn't need to prove anything to users on this forum, or other crypto forums. His target market isn't reading forums, but TPTB has a right to challenge him all the same. One day I think he will respond when it suits him. TPTB needs publicity, not VB

The rest was neutral and merely states the facts. Ethereum has launched and has acquired early adopters, and his target market is not using this forum, whereas you still appear to be recruiting supporters (is that not the case?). A case of friendly fire. In no way did I accuse you of 'preying on Vitalik's fame'

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 03:14:54 AM

TPTB needs publicity, not VB

Illogical. I need publicity within the crypto currency arena, like I need a hole in my head (and I already have one of those). The only way my project will succeed is by NOT mentioning there is any plan B to involve a crypto currency to the initial target audience. My project is not primarily about crypto currency. Rather it is about trying to make a unicorn startup in the social networking realm.

You need early adopters, (VB already has his), that was my point. I think your strategy to keep the crypto element on a 'need to know' basis is wise, Jo Six-pack doesn't care how his sausage is made, he just wants flavor

The deleted reply was moved to my project's thread.

Since your and other posts in this thread accusing me of preying on Vitalik's fame require my response. If the mod is not going to delete every such accusation in this thread, then I have the right to respond to the accusation. I have moved that response to my project's thread so as to not clutter this thread.

Consider re-calibrating your responses, my original post (below) was actually complimentary towards you, i.e. VB is smart to avoid debating you as you might be able to show him up, coz you have skills, and you're criticisms aren't easily dismissed.

VB is smart to avoid TPTB, he doesn't need to prove anything to users on this forum, or other crypto forums. His target market isn't reading forums, but TPTB has a right to challenge him all the same. One day I think he will respond when it suits him. TPTB needs publicity, not VB

The rest was neutral and merely states the facts. Ethereum has launched and has acquired early adopters, and his target market is not using this forum, whereas you still appear to be recruiting supporters (is that not the case?). A case of friendly fire.

My reply was not only targeted towards you but also to those who constantly attack my technological statements by attacking my motives instead of attacking the logic of the statements. It changes the topic from the technology issues of the CCs I am analyzing to an analysis of myself and my plans.

One of your points was asserting or positing that I need to win support from this forum, which I want to refute. My early adopters will not come from this forum. Even if I had no reputation and no presence on this forum, my plan would proceed outside this forum.

The main purpose of this forum for me has been to learn about the technology and what to not do for a CC project. And also it provided the contacts for the minimal angel funding that sustained me while I completed my learning process, worked on my health, and is sustaining my initial development work until I can get the project crowdfunded (not selling tokens).

I don't need P&D speculators in my coin. The long-term HODLers will be welcome if they can find a way to obtain tokens. I am not going out of my way to help them do so, other than needing to provide a decentralized exchange so that users can cash out their tokens for fiat if they want to. I will not do anything to get tokens listed on centralized exchanges. And I am not making any promotion or promises to investors. Nor am I am offering any tokens to investors. I can't control what other people do with their for-use designed tokens. So you could I guess argue that my reputation here will determine if some speculators go try to obtain the tokens in the free market, but I can argue that there will be many more investors finding out about my project from outside this forum due to the planned crowdfund and later Seedr fund raising for the shares of the software startup I am proposing to launch. We will just have to see if I get any success in my project. Again my greatest challenge is my health. If rangedriver is correct and I am cured from taking Oregano oil, then I can code a lot more myself, and not need to rely so heavily on another developer, although I will still try to add another developer or two, hopefully who are as talented or more so than myself. We will just have to see what transpires. I can't predict.

MadCow

Activity: 655

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 03:46:15 AM

My reply was not only targeted towards you but also to those who constantly attack my technological statements by attacking my motives instead of attacking the logic of the statements. It changes the topic from the technology issues of the CCs I am analyzing to an analysis of myself and my plans.

One of your points was asserting or positing that I need to win support from this forum, which I want to refute. My early adopters will not come from this forum. Even if I had no reputation and no presence on this forum, my plan would proceed outside this forum.

The main purpose of this forum for me has been to learn about the technology and what to not do for a CC project. And also it provided the contacts for the minimal angel funding that sustained me while I completed my learning process, worked on my health, and is sustaining my initial development work until I can get the project crowdfunded (not selling tokens).

I don't need P&D speculators in my coin. The long-term HODLers will be welcome if they can find a way to obtain tokens. I am not going out of my way to help them do so, other than needing to provide a decentralized exchange so that users can cash out their tokens for fiat if they want to. I will not do anything to get tokens listed on centralized exchanges. And I am not making any promotion or promises to investors. Nor am I am offering any tokens to investors. I can't control what other people do with their for-use designed tokens. So you could I guess argue that my reputation here will determine if some speculators go try to obtain the tokens in the free market, but I can argue that there will be many more investors finding out about my project from outside this forum due to the planned crowdfund and later Seedr fund raising for the shares of the software startup I am proposing to launch. We will just have to see if I get any success in my project. Again my greatest challenge is my health. If rangedriver is correct and I am cured from taking Oregano oil, then I can code a lot more myself, and not need to rely so heavily on another developer, although I will still try to add another developer or two, hopefully who are as talented or more so than myself. We will just have to see what transpires. I can't predict.

I'll be watching for news of your progress as I'm a hodl'er by nature! I understand your motivation for using this forum now, I was wrong.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 03:51:01 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2016, 04:04:19 AM by TPTB_need_war

Has any noticed this forum has a virus and is rendering Éthereum as Athereum?

The slide show opens appropriately with an image of risk takers who are foolish enough to waste their finite time here on earth and risk walking on the side of a cliff ostensibly for an adrenalin fix and to claim it as some useless accomplishment (see the person down below without a handrail holding onto to a shrub):

Vitalik didn't I presume tell the attendees that we already explained in the Athereum Paradox thread why most of the Dapps he listed won't work properly. Smooth and I butchered the AlarmClock for example.

finitemaz

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 12:44:51 PM

Athereum.... uᴉoɔʇᴉq....
April fools

"The slide show opens appropriately with an image of risk takers who are foolish enough to waste their finite time here on earth and risk walking on the side of a cliff ostensibly for an adrenalin fix and to claim it as some useless accomplishment (see the person down below without a handrail holding onto to a shrub)"

LMAO, hahahahahaha
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 12:48:12 PM

E​t​h​e​r​e​u​m​.... B​i​t​c​o​i​n....
April fools

ftfy (a little Unicode magic)

r0ach (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 04:29:13 PM

Strange that partitioning is listed as scaling option #2 now and scaling option #1 is the exact same thing as Bitcoin ....

Quote from: butalik
Solution path 1: lightning networks /
state channels
 (eg. Raiden)

Solution path 2:
sharding
 (Athereum 2.0)

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 10:14:54 PM

Strange that partitioning is listed as scaling option #2 now and scaling option #1 is the exact same thing as B​i​t​c​o​i​n ....

Quote from: butalik
Solution path 1: lightning networks /
state channels
 (eg. Raiden)

Solution path 2:
sharding
 (E​t​h​e​reum 2.0)

And LN won't work without scaling because it has a huge periodic garbage collection spikes in block size headroom. So it is back to an insoluble problem for both Satoshi's design and E​t​hereum,

Days

Activity: 74

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 10:52:39 PM

Still that ETH teenage developer just schooled the entire Monero developing team "website designers/gambling sites/#waiting for my GUI". While you guys including TPTB_need_war who is also dreaming about creating he's coin that should as he indicates for like two years now that will solve every other coins problem yea big "LOL" crying so much in a bitcoin forum that filled with shills like you/ haters like you/ & just pure jealousy of people success. It is as if you wish that everyone who invested in any coin that you don't support is to just lose it ALL so your dirty souls can smile once in their life for once.

No wonder you guys are barely mentioned in a crytpo dedicated website because you are full of hot air.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 11:02:29 PM

Still that ETH teenage developer just schooled the entire DarkFlarb developing team "website designers/gambling sites/#waiting for my GUI".

If smooth wasn't in the discussion, then your statement is vacuous.

r0ach (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 03:39:01 AM

Still that ETH teenage developer just schooled the entire Monero developing team "website designers/gambling sites/#waiting for my GUI". While you guys including TPTB_need_war who is also dreaming about creating he's coin that should as he indicates for like two years now that will solve every other coins problem yea big "LOL" crying so much in a bitcoin forum that filled with shills like you/ haters like you/ & just pure jealousy of people success. It is as if you wish that everyone who invested in any coin that you don't support is to just lose it ALL so your dirty souls can smile once in their life for once.

No wonder you guys are barely mentioned in a crytpo dedicated website because you are full of hot air.

It's more like Eth, with the help of banker market manipulation, is attempting to hijack cryptocurrency with some non-functioning coin with no fundamentals.  They literally pumped a turd to a billion dollars.  It's detrimental for anyone who operates in this space to have that thing floating around up there.

Anyone who buys into this thing now is just shoveling money at people like Lloyd Blankfein.  The coin has no way to be economically viable and they're trying to pawn it off on people for lol insane prices.  The whole thing is just horrifying.  It would be a lot better for the bankers to get left holding the bag on this fugazi than seeing them pawn it off on others for profit when the coin just doesn't have any way to work.

Finding a use case for an unpartitioned Eth with huge fees will be quite a monumental task, likely coming up with nothing.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
Days

Activity: 74

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 08:58:50 AM

Still that ETH teenage developer just schooled the entire DarkFlarb developing team "website designers/gambling sites/#waiting for my GUI".

You forgot to quote when I said you talk too much about solving all these coins issues for two years now "probably more" yet we didn't find anything except a thread of what name should I name my awesome coin lol, you seem like a crazy person with very big ego issues.

P.S. Did Monero ever hired you for the 80K USD you asked for before? I remember seeing it here somewhere in this forum that you would work to help Monero development team if they can afford hiring you and you asked for 80k USD. Seeing how you are spamming this thread in their favor makes me thing you got paid to do a different role LOL.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 11:41:41 AM

You forgot to quote when I said you talk too much about solving all these coins issues for two years now "probably more" yet we didn't find anything except a thread of what name should I name my awesome coin lol, you seem like a crazy person with very big ego issues.

P.S. Did Monero ever hired you for the 80K USD you asked for before? I remember seeing it here somewhere in this forum that you would work to help Monero development team if they can afford hiring you and you asked for 80k USD. Seeing how you are spamming this thread in their favor makes me thing you got paid to do a different role LOL.

Logic fail. What does my choice of priorities[1] have to do with Ethereum's flaws  Huh

Btw, who the fuck are you? What is your LinkedIn? Mine is:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/shelby-moore-iii-b31488b0

[1] One of which was for at least 4 years (actually an issue since 2006) an insoluble problem with my health that I been working on every day and waiting for the right combination of experiments to restore to my normal self.

McDonalds5

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 12:55:24 PM

ETH is dead forever permanently. Don't buy now
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 01:04:47 PM

ETH is dead forever permanently.

We wish. Sadly that is unlikely to be the case because the mentality amongst speculators is to follow the pump to try to earn some profit. Damn the technological and adoption fundamentals.

P&Ds are irresistible to the gambler "crack addicts".

On the positive side, Ethereum's ICO was publicized, its development is open source as it is happening. OTOH, the potential price manipulation by insiders and the distribution of the ICO is not open source.

ProfessionalGoogler

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 11:02:49 PM

We wish. Sadly that is unlikely to be the case because the mentality amongst speculators is to follow the pump to try to earn some profit. Damn the technological and adoption fundamentals.

On the positive side, Ethereum's ICO was publicized, its development is open source as it is happening. OTOH, the potential price manipulation by insiders and the distribution of the ICO is not open source.

People said/say the same things about Bitcoin.

Haters gonna hate. Skaters gonna skate.
yubsep

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 11:29:22 PM

Yes.. Down Trending soon...
Selling now if you bought +0.02 BTC and Buying on bottom again !!

ETH is dead forever permanently. Don't buy now
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 05:54:08 AM

Who says that Bitcoin has no network effects and no viable use case  Huh

Mastsetad

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 07:25:56 AM

Who says that Bitcoin has no network effects and no viable use case  Huh

Bitcoin has the most user base. It has at least 500,000 active users. But the Ethereum users are also growing fast.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 07:49:04 AM

But the Ethereum users are also growing fast.

Where can I pay using ETH  Huh

How can there be users if there are no merchants accepting ETH? We already explained upthread that the smart contract concept can't work technologically.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: