Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 01:21:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: .

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [DC] Dark Clam |BOUNTY ->| We need more developers. | J-D wager |  (Read 25869 times)
andulolika (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 11:11:09 AM

The only way I can see this getting abused is by users playing 98.99% win chance and spamming a lot of wagered to be able to get more coins.
its still gambling but yes its kinda an abuse but its still the most fair way, read down to see why.

Total amount claimed is now live on darkclam.com. You can also sort the columns in the genesis section.

To the future!
^ our dev daxxog.

Over 9.1m claimed, this week we will drop and do a vote, after that we will normally follow our road.

That is quite a bit, and unlike the original Clam these are likely to be all claimed.

I think this distribution method is a mistake and would prefer to see the total initial supply under 500,000

It would have been nice to do a more even distribution, say 500 Dark Clam for every JD user before a certain date.

I am not clear why giving the largest gamblers the most coins is desirable.

When the real coin goes live do you plan to make it POS like Clam?

i agree with wondering if "rewarding the biggest gamblers" is best, but i hope to see the poll come of something with that
i also wonder about pos? will it be static reward? and if so, same as clam, or different? Wink
anxiously awaiting launch!
i have myself over 30 accounts, dont you think that would br an abusr too? @thefix

There will be a bunch of polls, rewarding investors will be one of them but i see no better way to do it, if its per account it can be abused easily and if its investors only it would be like doubling the clam supply but excluding anyone out of jd. I personally like it this way.

🔥 🔥 🔥  Satochip - Secure the future  🔥 🔥 🔥
⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
──WebsiteShop  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Github──
thefix
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 12:24:36 PM

The only way I can see this getting abused is by users playing 98.99% win chance and spamming a lot of wagered to be able to get more coins.
its still gambling but yes its kinda an abuse but its still the most fair way, read down to see why.

Total amount claimed is now live on darkclam.com. You can also sort the columns in the genesis section.

To the future!
^ our dev daxxog.

Over 9.1m claimed, this week we will drop and do a vote, after that we will normally follow our road.

That is quite a bit, and unlike the original Clam these are likely to be all claimed.

I think this distribution method is a mistake and would prefer to see the total initial supply under 500,000

It would have been nice to do a more even distribution, say 500 Dark Clam for every JD user before a certain date.

i agree with wondering if "rewarding the biggest gamblers" is best, but i hope to see the poll come of something with that
i also wonder about pos? will it be static reward? and if so, same as clam, or different? Wink
i have myself over 30 accounts, dont you think that would br an abusr too? @thefix

There will be a bunch of polls, rewarding investors will be one of them but i see no better way to do it, if its per account it can be abused easily and if its investors only it would be like doubling the clam supply but excluding anyone out of jd. I personally like it this way.

Thirty accounts seems a bit unusual and I do not think it is common practice, but I could be wrong. It would be difficult to abuse(per account reward) if the distribution date was in the past as I mentioned before.

It will be an interesting experiment no matter what is decided upon and I wish it success!
andulolika (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 02:43:12 PM

To the future!
^ our dev daxxog.

Thirty accounts seems a bit unusual and I do not think it is common practice, but I could be wrong. It would be difficult to abuse(per account reward) if the distribution date was in the past as I mentioned before.

It will be an interesting experiment no matter what is decided upon and I wish it success!
Dont underestimate people that uses bots or people that want to avoid to be seen claiming, besides there is a reason people have to do and be /public, is not doog who facilitates the data but the users themselves.

⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
InceptionCoin

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 03:17:24 PM

As I understand this coin is just promo of just-dice?

Skilled C++ and Python programmer. Looking around to create solid longterm coin by myself. Do you have any ideas? Feel free to PM me.
andulolika (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 03:26:43 PM

As I understand this coin is just promo of just-dice?
No, i asked dooglus if he is making it, he didnt wanted so i did it, or well got someone to do it.

@thefix not to mention the hundreds of rain-catch accounts that would go even over the "deposit" proof.

dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 05:12:05 AM

Note that whatever percentage you play at you expect to lose 1% of the total you wager. When you win at 98.99% you profit almost nothing, and you'll hit a loss sooner or later and be almost bust.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
andulolika (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 06:05:21 PM

could the wager turn it theoretically +ev? Atleast for now?

Note that whatever percentage you play at you expect to lose 1% of the total you wager. When you win at 98.99% you profit almost nothing, and you'll hit a loss sooner or later and be almost bust.

seedtrue
Legendary

Activity: 963
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 06:11:14 PM

Good luck with this andu. I unfortunately have none to claim since I do not really gamble, and when I do it was always on a throw-away anon account  Undecided
andulolika (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 06:42:58 PM

Good luck with this andu. I unfortunately have none to claim since I do not really gamble, and when I do it was always on a throw-away anon account  Undecided
We will put a bunch of votes up, you should claim even dust so atleast you can vote. Thanks Smiley
Edit: pd: ask doog for them lol.

DarkClam

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 09:27:49 PM

I like the way the distribution is now. Excited to see what it does once the drop. Also, should try to get it on a couple exchanges.
DarkClam2TheMooooooon Wink
jpcfan

Activity: 905
Merit: 502

I miss dooglus

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 01:15:35 AM

9.29 million darkclam claimed so far!

looking good andu Smiley

120%50%    ████████
    ████████
  ████████
  ████████
████████
████████
████████
  ████████
  ████████
    ████████
    ████████
DUCK
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
DICE████████
████████
  ████████
  ████████
    ████████
    ████████
    ████████
  ████████
  ████████
████████
████████
jpcfan

Activity: 905
Merit: 502

I miss dooglus

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 01:18:31 AM

I think it would make the most sense to have the distribution be ongoing, in a similar way to Bitcoin distribution, with regularly halvenings.

* The first 10 million wagered CLAMs claimed get 1 DC each.
 * The 2nd 10 million wagered CLAMs claimed get 0.5 DC each.
 * The 3rd 10 million wagered CLAMs claimed get 0.25 DC each.
 * And so on.

That way you have a known fixed money supply of 20 million DC, you incentivize people to claim earlier rather than later, and you have an ongoing supply to keep people interested. You just pre-mine 20 million DC, keep most of them in a well-known "unclaimed" address, then everyone can see how many are still to be claimed.

that is a great idea dooglus

120%50%    ████████
    ████████
  ████████
  ████████
████████
████████
████████
  ████████
  ████████
    ████████
    ████████
DUCK
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
DICE████████
████████
  ████████
  ████████
    ████████
    ████████
    ████████
  ████████
  ████████
████████
████████
andulolika (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 11:30:29 AM

I like the way the distribution is now. Excited to see what it does once the drop. Also, should try to get it on a couple exchanges.
DarkClam2TheMooooooon Wink
i sent message to few exhanges but got ignored, ill try different ones tough.

9.29 million darkclam claimed so far!

looking good andu Smiley
It would be updated more often than each 24h but it takes about an hour to make, so yeah it can get annoying.

binary_tree

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 04:00:42 PM

How to get or claim this coin ?

Panadacoin

Activity: 296
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 04:05:49 PM

We can mine this soon, or ever, or no?
Dank Frank

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Too Weird to Live. Too Rare to Die...

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 04:09:40 PM

How to get or claim this coin ?

Wager clams on just-dice... Read the site: http://darkclam.com/
andulolika (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 05:26:42 PM

The coin will first be live on the Counterparty blockchain (XCP). Later on we will move it onto the existing CLAM blockchain with my new PoBS system for rewards and a custom VM (think ETH) for all transactions. On top of that we plan on making it fully anonymous (think XMR).

So in the end you are getting the best of CLAM, XCP, ETH, and XMR all in one coin.

WTF is PoBS?
https://gist.githubusercontent.com/daxxog/9fe4b14946a2f0cf49c2/raw/burningstake

On the topic of initial XCP distribution (aka drop):
When the coin drops (very soon) we will hold a vote for everyone who claimed to see what they want to see happen. If they want to see more darkclam at maybe a lower claim rate as doog suggested, we certainly can do that. Otherwise I will burn everything that is left over and lock the asset supply until PoBS is ready.

thefix
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 12:20:25 AM

Think of it like an ICO for gamblers with the proceeds going to Just dice

You would have to convert one coin into the new coin by gambling it on Just dice

If you like gambling this is the coin for you otherwise you are better off sticking with the original Clam coin.

Keep in mind the value will also likely be much less since the total available supply is going to be close to 7+ times more than the current available supply of Clams
andulolika (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 09:32:42 AM

Think of it like an ICO for gamblers with the proceeds going to Just dice

You would have to convert one coin into the new coin by gambling it on Just dice

If you like gambling this is the coin for you otherwise you are better off sticking with the original Clam coin.

Keep in mind the value will also likely be much less since the total available supply is going to be close to 7+ times more than the current available supply of Clams
This is just the distribution, which will eventually end, DC is proof of burning stake, check this : https://gist.githubusercontent.com/daxxog/9fe4b14946a2f0cf49c2/raw/burningstake

andulolika (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 01:05:17 PM

We almost reached 400 (395) accounts claimed with 9.89m claimed so far!!!!

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: