Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:07:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is the best mining option?
PoW
PoS
Other - I will describe in the comments so that my option is added to this poll

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 144 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Terracoin (TRC) - Est 2012  (Read 408627 times)
IconFirm

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574

Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2016, 05:28:55 PM

That's because there is already more than one sharechain in use already - changing the seednodes to pools that are using multiple sharechains won't make any difference, in fact it will only increase the problem. I did mention the problem some pages back.

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1231
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2016, 10:04:49 PM

That's because there is already more than one sharechain in use already - changing the seednodes to pools that are using multiple sharechains won't make any difference, in fact it will only increase the problem. I did mention the problem some pages back.

Smiley Isn't updating the seednodes to reliable ones what we needed to do, IconFirm?  That is why I am trying to gather only seednodes which are running the new wallet and get rid of old junk ones that are causing problems.  Tell me if I am going down the wrong path here.

.    Implemented!    .
. DASH’s Decentralized Governance, 
  MASTERNODES, and Instant Send.
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

Terracoin-PR

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 10:25:57 PM

Looks like we are seeing a surge in price, up to 598 sat. Perhaps people are starting to catch on!
bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 11:29:51 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2016, 11:41:01 PM by bitwarrior

Looks like we are seeing a surge in price, up to 598 sat. Perhaps people are starting to catch on!

Yes, it just hit 729 sats an ATH since March 2016. Is there a viable Roadmap for Terracoin for this year? Or what are your plans for TRC after the hard fork?
reffi

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 06:57:35 PM

omg im rich!!!! Im rich!!! wtf just happened?Huh i had so many TRC stashed in a missing wallet! i still cant find the password but I have the wallet! i think I am rich! omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2016, 07:18:14 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2016, 07:44:09 PM by clockuniverse

Yes, it just hit 729 sats an ATH since March 2016. Is there a viable Roadmap for Terracoin for this year? Or what are your plans for TRC after the hard fork?

That is an excellent question.  We do have some plans that we have talked about in the past.  Here is a list of things from off the top of my head (i'm at work).  We want the community to always have a say in the future of TRC so feel free to throw ideas in.  Thanks!

Plans for TRC after the hard fork
Be listed on at least 3 exchanges (not including Vircurex)
Have five websites accept TRC as payment
Have a TRC Foundation p2pool seed node & seed wallet
An official TRC blockchain explorer (instead of just using whichever one happens to be working right now.)
Get two volunteer developers to join the TRC Foundation
Open discussion about the next step for the wallet.

EDIT: I added the developer part.

omg im rich!!!! Im rich!!! wtf just happened?Huh i had so many TRC stashed in a missing wallet! i still cant find the password but I have the wallet! i think I am rich! omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smiley Without the password it isn't much good is it?  Smiley

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2016, 09:32:52 PM

Well, this is interesting....

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

bitwarrior
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 10:47:04 PM

Well, this is interesting....

That is strange, someone is trying to pump TRC on Vircurex, is this there something about to happen for TRC in the coming days? Smiley
Last price was 7777 sats per TRC on Vircurex.
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2016, 11:47:40 PM

That is strange, someone is trying to pump TRC on Vircurex, is this there something about to happen for TRC in the coming days? Smiley

Yeah, they pushed it up to 9876 sats at one point for some reason.  They must not know that it is also being traded on Cryptopia, otherwise why waste the extra money?

Just a heads up - We are about 8 days from the hard fork!!

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

hanzac

Activity: 425
Merit: 262

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 02:22:54 AM

Yeah, they pushed it up to 9876 sats at one point for some reason.  They must not know that it is also being traded on Cryptopia, otherwise why waste the extra money?

Is it possible that vircurex stays on the original chain, people who pump it want to make it a private chain. Anyway it's both OK for me. We can still trade TRC0 and TRC1.
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2016, 02:38:58 AM

Is it possible that vircurex stays on the original chain, people who pump it want to make it a private chain. Anyway it's both OK for me. We can still trade TRC0 and TRC1.

I imagine that is what is going to happen, because whoever runs Vircurex will not respond to any emails.

The problem with that is that you won't be able to send between the two, so some person is going to come along and think all TRC are the same.  They will try to send between the two and those coins will be lost forever.  That isn't really cool or fair to anyone, and eventually it will cause the price of TRC OLD (the version on Vircurex) to become worthless.

Once again if anyone has a connect with Vircurex please tell them to update their wallet.

If someone has an old wallet without any transactions after the hard fork, all they need to do is update the wallet and re-sync the block chain and they are golden.

I will email Vircurex again with a link to this post.  It can't hurt.

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

bitwarrior
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 02:48:17 AM

I imagine that is what is going to happen, because whoever runs Vircurex will not respond to any emails.

The problem with that is that you won't be able to send between the two, so some person is going to come along and think all TRC are the same.  They will try to send between the two and those coins will be lost forever.  That isn't really cool or fair to anyone, and eventually it will cause the price of TRC OLD (the version on Vircurex) to become worthless.

Once again if anyone has a connect with Vircurex please tell them to update their wallet.

If someone has an old wallet without any transactions after the hard fork, all they need to do is update the wallet and re-sync the block chain and they are golden.

I will email Vircurex again with a link to this post.  It can't hurt.

Has anyone have an info on the volume of TRC which Vircurex is holding? I doubt it aint that much.
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 03:07:23 AM

buying small trc from cryptopia i seen big potential for this coin to grow its been ripe so just needed to wait for a little while
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2016, 03:16:51 AM

Has anyone have an info on the volume of TRC which Vircurex is holding? I doubt it aint that much.

I don't think anyone knows how much Vircurex is holding.  I still think BCT-E is holding a large number of TRC.  When BCT-E delisted TRC there never was a huge crash from them dumping their coins.  Maybe someone needs to inform them that there is a new foundation and wallet.

I look forward to some action on those really old high quantity addresses.  They are a kind of protection from ridiculous pumps.  Well, as long as they know what is going on.

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

bitwarrior
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 03:17:47 AM

That is an excellent question.  We do have some plans that we have talked about in the past.  Here is a list of things from off the top of my head (i'm at work).  We want the community to always have a say in the future of TRC so feel free to throw ideas in.  Thanks!

Plans for TRC after the hard fork
Be listed on at least 3 exchanges (not including Vircurex)
Have five websites accept TRC as payment
Have a TRC Foundation p2pool seed node & seed wallet
An official TRC blockchain explorer (instead of just using whichever one happens to be working right now.)
Get two volunteer developers to join the TRC Foundation
Open discussion about the next step for the wallet.

EDIT: I added the developer part.

Smiley Without the password it isn't much good is it?  Smiley

Good Roadmap dev, hopefully you can put some timeline, for starters hard fork will start before block 833,000 right? which is around less than 8 days from now.
A good foundation is needed yes, hopefully TRC can start trading on bittrex too.

Thanks.
phatkiller

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 03:36:11 AM

Hopefully it's someone being smart buying up all the TRC on the exchange to get it out before the fork hits, if you look at coinmarketcap.com they only spent ~$340 and based on the exchange data they got under 50k.  I checked block explorer saw one big move @ block 827,361 for 46,010 TRC

Imho although vircurex.com has worked for me in the past,  stay away at all costs they have to many liabilities and offer no support and minimal information about the exchanges happenings and maintenance.

bitcometrader

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 06:21:48 AM

All tasks are now being handled through github issues. If you have a task, or issue feel free to post it on github and we will talk care of it. https://github.com/clockuniverse/terracoin/issues

there is a mistake on your website.

"take care" of it and not "talk care" of it.
IconFirm

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574

Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2016, 12:49:50 PM

Smiley Isn't updating the seednodes to reliable ones what we needed to do, IconFirm?  That is why I am trying to gather only seednodes which are running the new wallet and get rid of old junk ones that are causing problems.  Tell me if I am going down the wrong path here.

Yes, if you are 100% certain that they are using the correct sharechain.

I fired up my node again & am connected to 5 nodes:

http://5.39.79.140:9322/    is running an out of date wallet.
http://77.249.199.235:9322/    is a blank page, so it's impossible to tell what that node is running at all. I'll ban that IP.
http://185.3.135.82:9322/    is a blank page, so it's impossible to tell what that node is running at all. I'll ban that IP too.

So only 2 out of 5 nodes are known to be up to date wallet wise, but unknown if they are both on the same sharechain. Maybe banning the blank nodes will improve things.....

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2016, 07:38:30 PM

Good Roadmap dev, hopefully you can put some timeline, for starters hard fork will start before block 833,000 right? which is around less than 8 days from now.
A good foundation is needed yes, hopefully TRC can start trading on bittrex too.

Thanks.

I will write up a more formal list of goals with an estimated time frame sometime soon.  I have been slammed at work.

Hopefully it's someone being smart buying up all the TRC on the exchange to get it out before the fork hits, if you look at coinmarketcap.com they only spent ~$340 and based on the exchange data they got under 50k.  I checked block explorer saw one big move @ block 827,361 for 46,010 TRC

Imho although vircurex.com has worked for me in the past,  stay away at all costs they have to many liabilities and offer no support and minimal information about the exchanges happenings and maintenance.

I would also recommend not using vircurex.

All tasks are now being handled through github issues. If you have a task, or issue feel free to post it on github and we will talk care of it. https://github.com/clockuniverse/terracoin/issues

there is a mistake on your website.

"take care" of it and not "talk care" of it.

Fixed on here and on the website.  Thanks for noticing it! Smiley

It's so nice to see so many people here starting to get involved. Yep the price went up to 0.00009876 at vircurex... I had the day before withdrawn my last 4000TRC at vircurex before the hard fork... I had always kept them spread in the sell orders between 0.00004 to 0.00007... must say it was slightly annoying Smiley

Btw, how hard would it be to get listed in Poloniex? Poloniex is known for their pumps and the coin could skyrocket

also, it would be nostalgia to get the coin then back listed in btc-e, if we get a good start here.

Keep on working guys!

Thanks APIsAPIs.  Poloniex could be another option.  I will put it on the list with Bittrex.

Yes, if you are 100% certain that they are using the correct sharechain.

I fired up my node again & am connected to 5 nodes:

http://5.39.79.140:9322/    is running an out of date wallet.
http://77.249.199.235:9322/    is a blank page, so it's impossible to tell what that node is running at all. I'll ban that IP.
http://185.3.135.82:9322/    is a blank page, so it's impossible to tell what that node is running at all. I'll ban that IP too.

So only 2 out of 5 nodes are known to be up to date wallet wise, but unknown if they are both on the same sharechain. Maybe banning the blank nodes will improve things.....

I am going to have to set up a p2pool so that I can understand what the issues are and how to fix them.  I only have an old Ubuntu laptop, but it should work as a test pool.  Here are the seed nodes I was given by a couple of people.

54.197.197.174 - terracoinpool.ddns.net - Down
78.28.250.66 - p2p.hashpool.eu - Down
192.241.154.137 - trc.multicoin.co

Sorry, gotta go.  Working.....

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2016, 12:25:05 AM

On a side note, does anyone know why my github repository doesn't show up on the github search?  People can get to it through the direct link.

Thanks!

EDIT: Oh yeah....

64 Bit Wallet is here!!

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 144 »
  Print  

Jump to: