Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 12:13:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XVG] Verge - Speculation & Discussion  (Read 243692 times)
kel-alt

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 01:56:08 PM

i have a question... current price is 0.006 ... how much more will this keep rising?

is this a pump and dump coin ? :/

The current price is 0.00000217 actually and if the coin really keeps constantly rising is something only the future can tell you. Maybe yes, maybe it goes down again, nobody knows. The project itself looks good, there is an active, constant development. Factors which are obviously good but not a guarantee.

I posted this on page 37 but thought it would be OK to post again here, with sat edit -
I have been drawing trend lines for a few days and only had two points, not so good
 - this morning got perfect third point at 205 sat. Line from 72, 184, 205 sat projects
one cent Verge or 400 sat the 12-13th ! Which of course depends on BTC staying about
the same. The trends I have been drawing have consistently flattened a little, pushing
the one cent event out a day or so each re-draw - this is a good thing, makes for a steadier
chart. Visions of sugar plums! Go Verge!

--- Ten Cents? I say yes, but I have only been in the market since Jan this year. Jerry Banfield who
has been around a long time says in recent YT video that alts will do well for a couple more months
and then crap out for a year, with a few survivors, and then pick up again. I think this flood of new
money market has legs and will just grow for years. We'll see. Diversify and HODL! and keep a
sharp eye out!
x_crypto

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 02:23:11 PM

Well. I also started to trade on poloniex a month ago. Until now I checked every thread of the coins I invested in. I bought the coins and dumped them again because they are all shitcoins. Thats how my riskless investment of 10$ turned into 700€. But verge is different. Now I put all my money into verge and im holding it because I believe that 1$ per coin is the minimum potencial considered that monero is at 50$ and ethereum at 200$.

Thats why I and probably many others registered here. So there is nothing fishy about it.
I wouldnt register just for a shitcoin I dump a week later anyway and forget about it.

It's alarming the lack of knowledge a lot of people have who are ploughing money into random coins.  Monero being at $50 and Ethereum at $200+ means absolutely NOTHING with regards to how much Verge is worth.
Kryptomaniac

Activity: 110

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 02:51:39 PM

1000 satoshi is the next psychological barrier.
If that can be broken and prefertably supported I think 10 000 satoshi is the next major barrier.
In my opinion, there are still shitloads (sorry for vulgar expression) money on the table for grabbing.
I have been learning charts and trends for a couple years and only in crypto since Jan this year.
But I agree, this is a bull market with new money like never before. Cryptos do not have a prospectus
like stocks, so the upside is huge, due to there not being the old standard methods to arrive at market
value. Verge is up 10x in a few days and even in crypto this usually means a rest/re-trace. But the current volume
says GO to me. Trend lines, volume, and overall market looks like 400 sat by the steep line tomorrow, slow
line by June 11-12. Steep trend says 600 sat by June 6th. This is an exciting time to be in the market with
a good coin! Unable to post pic due to Newbie status, trend lines drawn about 6:30 PST June 4.
Lol. Couldn't be more wrong apparently.

A lot of people spew TA bullshit here, gotta do the analysis yourself for real odds and not follow unknown gurus  Grin

If you've followed Crypto Economy for a while you'll come to agree that traditional "Analysis" has not been a fit for what has happened in the Space.  It does not reconcile to the current paradigm of the currently adopted Analytical Metrics.  So with that said, I believe one has to FLY HIGH and take an aerial view of things; gain a new perspective and allow yourself to accept the "Paradigm Shift".  I've put this perspective into to practice and now amazing sceneries are the order of the day.

Crypto World might crash soon but it'll only be to rise again.  I believe $XVG Developers need to keep developing as they are (BTW they're kicking it) and HODLrs need to HODL, Adopt and Share the news.  SEE IN A WAY WE CAN CREATE THE FUTURE.  Bill Gate's dream:  A PC in every home when almost no one had one, in other words he set the precedence, he created the "Analytical Metrics" he made a future.  I say $XVG will be $1.00.   

Grin Shocked Grin Shocked Grin Shocked Grin Shocked Roll Eyes
tehMoonwalker

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 03:25:47 PM

xvg, dgb , xem, 1$ coins, buy now thank me later
Kryptomaniac

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 04:08:56 PM

xvg, dgb , xem, 1$ coins, buy now thank me later
Even if it takes a few Bursts we're getting there Grin
mr.wolfik

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 05:41:27 PM

If you've followed Crypto Economy for a while you'll come to agree that traditional "Analysis" has not been a fit for what has happened in the Space.  It does not reconcile to the current paradigm of the currently adopted Analytical Metrics.  So with that said, I believe one has to FLY HIGH and take an aerial view of things; gain a new perspective and allow yourself to accept the "Paradigm Shift".  I've put this perspective into to practice and now amazing sceneries are the order of the day.

Crypto World might crash soon but it'll only be to rise again.  I believe $XVG Developers need to keep developing as they are (BTW they're kicking it) and HODLrs need to HODL, Adopt and Share the news.  SEE IN A WAY WE CAN CREATE THE FUTURE.  Bill Gate's dream:  A PC in every home when almost no one had one, in other words he set the precedence, he created the "Analytical Metrics" he made a future.  I say $XVG will be $1.00.   

I have to agree with you, that technical analysis does not apply to what has been recently happening with altcoins. With a lot of noobs and all the new money that came into it, all sub 100sat coins have soared in hope of great profits and $XVG has been a part of this trend. The question is how long that trend is going to continue.

I see a lot of enthusiasm in this thread and sometimes I'm not sure about where does it come from. Are there any solid fundaments behind it? You can see people claiming that the development team is great and hard working and whitepaper (actually black) is solid and that is promising bright future for this coin.

Anybody is encouraged do his own research. I'm a developer, so I took a quick look on Github repos (located under https://github.com/vergecurrency) to see for myself, how development has been coming recently. What I saw did not spread my suspicions and bolster my optimism. Activity graphs on almost all repos are flat. There has not been much activity since October last year and recent activity in May is mostly about rebranding to Verge and about publishing a blackpaper and some minor changes like build configuration, release versioning, etc.. Overall Github repo doesn't show any intensive development activity.

Regarding black paper, it looks like the team did not put much effort into it. The coin has been here for some time and it looks like the black paper has been created only to support recent increased interest in the coin.

All that raises my suspicions that recent enthusiasm is only hype and has weak fundaments. Hype is everywhere, especially Telegram group is full of Lambo pictures  Grin.

Please prove me that I am wrong Smiley.

With introduction on Poloniex and continuing influx of new money we might see prices above 1000 sat and we might have great profits. But beware the whales are waiting for cashing out too  Wink. I've been holding some decent amount from 60 sat and I'm already excited about current value. But based on reasons above and without any serious development and adoption I'm pesimistic about price reaching 1$ even in the long term.
Kryptomaniac

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 06:30:08 PM

I have to agree with you, that technical analysis does not apply to what has been recently happening with altcoins. With a lot of noobs and all the new money that came into it, all sub 100sat coins have soared in hope of great profits and $XVG has been a part of this trend. The question is how long that trend is going to continue.

I see a lot of enthusiasm in this thread and sometimes I'm not sure about where does it come from. Are there any solid fundaments behind it? You can see people claiming that the development team is great and hard working and whitepaper (actually black) is solid and that is promising bright future for this coin.

Anybody is encouraged do his own research. I'm a developer, so I took a quick look on Github repos (located under https://github.com/vergecurrency) to see for myself, how development has been coming recently. What I saw did not spread my suspicions and bolster my optimism. Activity graphs on almost all repos are flat. There has not been much activity since October last year and recent activity in May is mostly about rebranding to Verge and about publishing a blackpaper and some minor changes like build configuration, release versioning, etc.. Overall Github repo doesn't show any intensive development activity.

Regarding black paper, it looks like the team did not put much effort into it. The coin has been here for some time and it looks like the black paper has been created only to support recent increased interest in the coin.

All that raises my suspicions that recent enthusiasm is only hype and has weak fundaments. Hype is everywhere, especially Telegram group is full of Lambo pictures  Grin.

With introduction on Poloniex and continuing influx of new money we might see prices above 1000 sat and we might have great profits. But beware the whales are waiting for cashing out too  Wink. I've been holding some decent amount from 60 sat and I'm already excited about current value. But based on reasons above and without any serious development and adoption I'm pesimistic about price reaching 1$ even in the long term.

1.  As a whole $XVG is in a Space Vertical with much interest behind it:  Private Transactions.  Right there partaking in the same focus of Giants (relatively speaking) in the likes of $ZCash (who just married JP Morgan), $Dash and $Monero.  Private txs were the catalyst for the adoption thus far of BTC, and indicators are showing this to be the continuing trend. See Point # 2 in this article: http://www.coindesk.com/coindesk-releases-state-of-blockchain-q1-2017-research-report/

2.  Yes White Paper needs expansion but for now it provides clear and consice objectivity.

3.  Recent development in line with Objectives: 

A.  Tor Network, Tor Clients up and running - check
    B.  Delivery on i2P network - check
    C.  Electrum Clients and Servers - check
    D.  Multi Algorithm Support allowing for a broader mining base

Though I don't agree with your pessimism I understand your view.  Whales will Dump Holders will Hold at the end one class will prevail. 

As to all the recent Enthusiasm; it's the spice of life.  Enthusiasm is the fuel behind innovation and value is the incentive for Developers to rise up and create like there's no tomorrow.  Yes, Value imparts new hope making dreams seem possible and this makes people work, it makes them sweat and persevere, it also provides funds for growth. 

Hope to see you on the moon Grin
chilly2k
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 06:31:35 PM

If you've followed Crypto Economy for a while you'll come to agree that traditional "Analysis" has not been a fit for what has happened in the Space.  It does not reconcile to the current paradigm of the currently adopted Analytical Metrics.  So with that said, I believe one has to FLY HIGH and take an aerial view of things; gain a new perspective and allow yourself to accept the "Paradigm Shift".  I've put this perspective into to practice and now amazing sceneries are the order of the day.

Crypto World might crash soon but it'll only be to rise again.  I believe $XVG Developers need to keep developing as they are (BTW they're kicking it) and HODLrs need to HODL, Adopt and Share the news.  SEE IN A WAY WE CAN CREATE THE FUTURE.  Bill Gate's dream:  A PC in every home when almost no one had one, in other words he set the precedence, he created the "Analytical Metrics" he made a future.  I say $XVG will be $1.00.  

All that raises my suspicions that recent enthusiasm is only hype and has weak fundaments. Hype is everywhere, especially Telegram group is full of Lambo pictures  Grin.

With introduction on Poloniex and continuing influx of new money we might see prices above 1000 sat and we might have great profits. But beware the whales are waiting for cashing out too  Wink. I've been holding some decent amount from 60 sat and I'm already excited about current value. But based on reasons above and without any serious development and adoption I'm pesimistic about price reaching 1$ even in the long term.
 I agree with most of your analysis but take exception to "weak fundamentals"  There is a lot of hype going on, but this coin has been under the radar for a long time.  It was the first coin to run on the I2P and Tor networks.  This is still part of the Monero white paper.... (to get on those networks).   There was a discussion on verge being part of the default I2P install.  

Also I'm not a git person, and the dev had responded to this question, in the last week or so.  But rebranding was done in Feb-Mar of 2016, so I'm not sure what the activity you saw in May was.

So I think Verge has been overlooked for a long time, and is just getting the recognition is deserves.  Also the developer has committed to adding in RSK (contract stuff)as soon as it's available.    

mr.wolfik

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 06:50:44 PM

I agree with most of your analysis but take exception to "weak fundamentals"  There is a lot of hype going on, but this coin has been under the radar for a long time.  It was the first coin to run on the I2P and Tor networks.  This is still part of the Monero white paper.... (to get on those networks).   There was a discussion on verge being part of the default I2P install.  

Also I'm not a git person, and the dev had responded to this question, in the last week or so.  But rebranding was done in Feb-Mar of 2016, so I'm not sure what the activity you saw in May was.

So I think Verge has been overlooked for a long time, and is just getting the recognition is deserves.  Also the developer has committed to adding in RSK (contract stuff)as soon as it's available.    

You are right about rebranding that was done in February. I wanted to mention commits to https://github.com/vergecurrency/verge-graphics/commits/master, that are rather marketing material connected to Verge brand. However IMHO point about repo activity is still valid.

1.  As a whole $XVG is in a Space Vertical with much interest behind it:  Private Transactions.  Right there partaking in the same focus of Giants (relatively speaking) in the likes of $ZCash (who just married JP Morgan), $Dash and $Monero.  Private txs were the catalyst for the adoption thus far of BTC, and indicators are showing this to be the continuing trend. See Point # 2 in this article: http://www.coindesk.com/coindesk-releases-state-of-blockchain-q1-2017-research-report/

2.  Yes White Paper needs expansion but for now it provides clear and consice objectivity.

3.  Recent development in line with Objectives: 

A.  Tor Network, Tor Clients up and running - check
    B.  Delivery on i2P network - check
    C.  Electrum Clients and Servers - check
    D.  Multi Algorithm Support allowing for a broader mining base

Though I don't agree with your pessimism I understand your view.  Whales will Dump Holders will Hold at the end one class will prevail. 

As to all the recent Enthusiasm; it's the spice of life.  Enthusiasm is the fuel behind innovation and value is the incentive for Developers to rise up and create like there's no tomorrow.  Yes, Value imparts new hope making dreams seem possible and this makes people work, it makes them sweat and persevere, it also provides funds for growth. 

Hope to see you on the moon Grin

Thanks for your kind comments. I see that your point is also valid and must agree that increased interest might motivate the development team to work harder. Nothing is impossible and I wish this coin and the team (and us) only the best Smiley.
joshvdk

Activity: 96

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 10:03:55 PM

https://twitter.com/CoinomiWallet
verge is now sponsor for a 1 year deal with coinomi. Hopefully they'll reach alot of new people to get in Cheesy

TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 02:33:51 AM

Thank you guys for the ride.
Now I am back in bitcoins and looking for new opportunities.
When bitcoin goes to the Moon, there is a lot of stupid money coming and it is FOMO buying shitcoins.
Sure, I think this can still reach 1 usd/Verge, but it is not probable with so many coins outsanding.
There are a lot of coins that have been bought sub 10 satoshi and that money is happy to exit for 100 X.

There might be a rebound coming during the weekend as new hot money flows into cryptos... But personally I am getting worried though.

I will make it public if I decide to invest some altcoin for short/long term later.
lelouchzero

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 03:25:54 AM

When bitcoin goes to the Moon, there is a lot of stupid money coming and it is FOMO buying shitcoins.
Sure, I think this can still reach 1 usd/Verge, but it is not probable with so many coins outsanding.
There are a lot of coins that have been bought sub 10 satoshi and that money is happy to exit for 100 X.

There might be a rebound coming during the weekend as new hot money flows into cryptos... But personally I am getting worried though.

I will make it public if I decide to invest some altcoin for short/long term later.

your last few posts from today have been hawking Verge--including that it's the best coin both long and short term.  Also that you're expecting bullish movements over the weekend. A few hours later you say you're completely out and worried?
sentinal

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 03:32:35 AM

LOL @ crypto in general. nobody knows wtf they are talking about clearly.

De Selby

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 03:32:59 AM

your last few posts from today have been hawking Verge--including that it's the best coin both long and short term.  Also that you're expecting bullish movements over the weekend. A few hours later you say you're completely out and worried?
What surprises me isn't so much the flip flopping, but the fact that he's willing to publicly announce when he's out of a position. By doing this he is either a) trying to establilsh himself as a one-man pump and dump group in an attempt to recruit new followers or b) he's trying to drive the price down so he can accumulate more XVG or c)he dumped his coins and is just bragging about it.

Either way, I bought at 71 Sat and sold at 191. 169% ROI is nothing to scoff at, especially given a mere 6/7 day holding period.
lelouchzero

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 03:41:00 AM

Either way, I bought at 71 Sat and sold at 191. 169% ROI is nothing to scoff at, especially given a mere 6/7 day holding period.

Where do ppl identify these opportunities?  I have been lurking on bitcointalk for a while and it feels like things get talked about only after they've gone up up up.
De Selby

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 03:48:12 AM

Where do ppl identify these opportunities?  I have been lurking on bitcointalk for a while and it feels like things get talked about only after they've gone up up up.
The ticker symbol XVG got thrown thrown around quite a bit in these boards. Add to that True Cryptionaire's penchant for market manipulation and an investment thesis was born,i.e., namely that XVG was going to the target of a coordinated pump and dump.

Bear in mind that I bought 44,000 STRAT at 5,700 Sat back in October 2016 and liquidated my entired position for around 9,500 Sat/STRAT, so I don't really know what I'm talking about. You get some right, you get some wrong.
sentinal

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:02:37 AM

If you hang around here you will see opportunities. I saw verge when it was 50 sats and i'm not an expert by any means. In fact I have buy orders from 70 that I sold at 100 lol

De Selby

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:12:37 AM

If you hang around here you will see opportunities. I saw verge when it was 50 sats and i'm not an expert by any means. In fact I have buy orders from 70 that I sold at 100 lol
XVG  has potential, I don't deny that. TOR integration is a huge feature, but without confidential transactions I don't see it surprassing XMR in terms of marketcap. I feel the risk is just too high.
Novize

Activity: 69

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 05:39:42 AM

your last few posts from today have been hawking Verge--including that it's the best coin both long and short term.  Also that you're expecting bullish movements over the weekend. A few hours later you say you're completely out and worried?

This! I've always respected the posts made by TrueCryptonaire. Feels like that this times are over now.

However, I'm still into Verge. The development is just too good and strong the leave the boat now.
giantkin

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 10:58:44 AM

i missed the 'hyped to hell' aspect. lol
course, i been in for 2yrs or more.

http://choicehost.biz  Domains and DIY -hosting   I save $5 or so, for each domain a year.  (Compared to other Domain Registrars)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: