Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:58:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XVG] Verge - Speculation & Discussion  (Read 243649 times)
Cha-ap

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 11:22:29 AM

whoooho...   Time to get ready to BUY Smiley

fINALLY  made some cash , and can spend it (hoping for a slight more dip) then i reap some coins! Smiley

You will die if you move in to xvg. It was pumped by people without any reason and right now, they have had enough the profit and they are selling all xvg right now, try not to stay in this coin because the real price is around 40 satoshi

Giantkin know what to do because he is here year ago and saying those word over and over, lol
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Goruno

Activity: 401
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 12:14:38 PM

Wow, that was a sad show of some weak hands.  Bitcoin just plummeted, verge should have gone up not down.  Now we have to watch what eth and btc are doing at all times? Wow, exciting times.

Yes, Verge has got some big dumps nowadays because of Bitcoin and ETH increase . Beside that some investors have taken their profits from this investment during the past but I think it's time to collect some cheap coins to hold for a while and waiting for good news from Dev.
Jeffrey_memb

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 01:43:35 PM

Wow, that was a sad show of some weak hands.  Bitcoin just plummeted, verge should have gone up not down.  Now we have to watch what eth and btc are doing at all times? Wow, exciting times.

Yes, Verge has got some big dumps nowadays because of Bitcoin and ETH increase . Beside that some investors have taken their profits from this investment during the past but I think it's time to collect some cheap coins to hold for a while and waiting for good news from Dev.

Better wait some weeks. Verge will Hit 2 sat again
Kryptomaniac

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 02:36:01 PM

Interesting to see how some can offer valuation of 40 Sats.  They say "the real value is:", what's this based on?  What precedence?  What value metrics?  The fact is that with this coin the only contextual historicity we have is what's happened to other similar coins in the space; many of which have current values of 1000 Sats even in this dip. 

Ongoing development, multiple Algos, possible Hybrid (PoW & PoS), Privacy Focus, possible SegWit, possible Dedicated Marketing Team and a Community of HDLRs.  Remember the possibilities are brought to fruition by the community.  So sell, short and take some profits if you must just make sure you don't miss hopping back on because $XVG is gonna be $1.00.  To the HODLRs: "HODL ON"
Kryptomaniac

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 05:19:11 PM

Devs r' churning!  New site:

http://vergecurrency.com/

Shocked
dirkdiggler411

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 08:42:39 PM

Interesting to see how some can offer valuation of 40 Sats.  They say "the real value is:", what's this based on?  What precedence?  What value metrics?  The fact is that with this coin the only contextual historicity we have is what's happened to other similar coins in the space; many of which have current values of 1000 Sats even in this dip.  

Ongoing development, multiple Algos, possible Hybrid (PoW & PoS), Privacy Focus, possible SegWit, possible Dedicated Marketing Team and a Community of HDLRs.  Remember the possibilities are brought to fruition by the community.  So sell, short and take some profits if you must just make sure you don't miss hopping back on because $XVG is gonna be $1.00.  To the HODLRs: "HODL ON"

What are you basing your $1 value on?
newtybar

Activity: 121

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 08:52:18 PM

Who doesn't like saying, THEEE VERRRGE SUUURGE though?

That's the sole reason I am in this coin.
kel-alt

Activity: 113

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 09:12:44 PM

Bouncing off 100 now which I take as positive on a red day like this.
I sent .01btc to 1CM9bUJaYgpBdYQPsmVfndwT3hz5beeLx7, I assume Dogedarkdev,
on the 10th for advertising. I have donated
to two other coins that have made me money, but I figure devs have millions
of coins and will do very well because of that. So I wonder if I am doing any
good. Maybe it is the thought that counts, since the amounts are small.
Kryptomaniac

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 12:14:34 AM

Interesting to see how some can offer valuation of 40 Sats.  They say "the real value is:", what's this based on?  What precedence?  What value metrics?  The fact is that with this coin the only contextual historicity we have is what's happened to other similar coins in the space; many of which have current values of 1000 Sats even in this dip.  

Ongoing development, multiple Algos, possible Hybrid (PoW & PoS), Privacy Focus, possible SegWit, possible Dedicated Marketing Team and a Community of HDLRs.  Remember the possibilities are brought to fruition by the community.  So sell, short and take some profits if you must just make sure you don't miss hopping back on because $XVG is gonna be $1.00.  To the HODLRs: "HODL ON"

In the absence of traditional valuation methods everyone at this point is pretty much feeling their way in the dark as it relates to coin prices.  This most likely will continue till we start gathering more measurable outcomes and accruing some historical performance data.  Wiith that said; we can, at this point, start getting some guidance based on peer coin price, performance and intent.  Based on this, let's use $XRP as an example.  Though sometimes touted as a functional currency Ripple is in reality a settlement token for inter bank transfers.  If we take the price history over the past 2 months or so and we use the current circulating supply of coins we arrive at a ratio that provides $XVG with a $1.00 price.  

Now the $1 price prediction for $XVG takes into consideration the continuation of meaningful development, marketing, adoptability and community involvement.  With these in place, the $1.00 price target, as far fetched as it seems to many, is a very reachable target.  In fact $1 is just the beginning of greater things to come.  Just think that telling people a year ago that $XRP would hit 23k Satoshis would of seem ridiculous, yet Ripple has rested at these highs.

Hang tight to your Verges and get more if you can because you won't regret it.
dirkdiggler411

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 01:14:25 AM

In the absence of traditional valuation methods everyone at this point is pretty much feeling their way in the dark as it relates to coin prices.  This most likely will continue till we start gathering more measurable outcomes and accruing some historical performance data.  Wiith that said; we can, at this point, start getting some guidance based on peer coin price, performance and intent.  Based on this, let's use $XRP as an example.  Though sometimes touted as a functional currency Ripple is in reality a settlement token for inter bank transfers.  If we take the price history over the past 2 months or so and we use the current circulating supply of coins we arrive at a ratio that provides $XVG with a $1.00 price.  

Now the $1 price prediction for $XVG takes into consideration the continuation of meaningful development, marketing, adoptability and community involvement.  With these in place, the $1.00 price target, as far fetched as it seems to many, is a very reachable target.  In fact $1 is just the beginning of greater things to come.  Just think that telling people a year ago that $XRP would hit 23k Satoshis would of seem ridiculous, yet Ripple has rested at these highs.

So your reasoning for $1 value is based on another coin that's purpose and intent has little similarity to XVG? Ripple's price is based purely on speculation that it will become the interbank transfer crypto currency of choice. What is XVG's differentiator? I am long on XVG, I am all for $1 XVG and currently kicking myself for selling out of a sizable holding early at around 70 SAT.
Kryptomaniac

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 02:42:18 AM

So your reasoning for $1 value is based on another coin that's purpose and intent has little similarity to XVG? Ripple's price is based purely on speculation that it will become the interbank transfer crypto currency of choice. What is XVG's differentiator? I am long on XVG, I am all for $1 XVG and currently kicking myself for selling out of a sizable holding early at around 70 SAT.

In the sense of a Relational Hypotheses and the set of variables include what XRP is to settlement XVG is to transactional currency.  

At this point it's all speculation.  Who has determined that BTC is worth $2,800.00 and ETH $400.00?  Only those willing to buy a Bitcoin or an Ether today at that price because they see the potential of appreciation and another willing to sell it because maybe they've realized a profit.  In the case of XVG someone's gonna feel in the near future that at the price of a dollar the coin has the potential to provide a hefty return and they're going to pay that buck.  When you unloaded a hefty amount at 70 SAT the one that bought it from you might of thought they could sell it for 100 or more.  Why did the one buying feel they could get 100 SATs?  Because most likely after getting the basics out of the way, they wether intentional or not, did a simple review of peer coin pricing and determined that in relation to other coins Verge would appreciate.  The review most likely included, current circulation, total circulation, ATH, ATL and Market Cap.  So as I've mentioned before a constant aerial survey of the space, a perpetual evaluation of the days' trends and prices can lead one without the aid of historical data evaluations to start making decisions that prove to be right slightly more often than they are wrong.  When I do this with XVG I see $1.00 and providing the basics don't change this remains a constant true for me even if the price today is half of what it was last week.  I'm VERGED IN MAN!
gvozdik

Activity: 161

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 03:20:05 AM

Kryptomaniac: You have also speculation when it will have $1.00?
Scalefreak

Activity: 99

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 04:00:06 AM

When will it go to polonoex? It has to happen fast
It was on poloniex, 2 years ago.

You mean dogecoindark?

I'm pretty sure, both incarnations of XVG/DOGED have never been on polo. I remember that there was a campaign of XVG holders to ask Polo to list it, so much in fact, that Polo felt the need to tell XVG holders to stop.

That's what I was thinking.
Kryptomaniac

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 04:04:27 AM

Kryptomaniac: You have also speculation when it will have $1.00?

At this point my best guess using Everett Rogers': "Diffusion of Innovations Theory" and barring any unforeseen circumstances in the space, I say  8 months to a year.  
$SJCX $EMC $AEON $SHIFT
gvozdik

Activity: 161

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 05:17:21 AM

It sound very good, I hope it will true  Cool
bitekoin

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 07:32:40 AM

What coin is closely relatable to XVG in terms of tech?
jono_t2000

Activity: 85

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 08:15:55 AM

If this coin reaches $1.00 then that would make its market cap $13 Billion which would put it as the top alt coin excluding Bitcoin & Etherium. With a market cap this size it aint gonna reach $1.00 within 12 months sorry. Lucky to get to 30c if being honest. (Which would still put it around top 10)

I know we all want this coin to shoot the moon and it does have a great dev team but lets be realistic here..

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
joscmc

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 08:41:37 AM

If this coin reaches $1.00 then that would make its market cap $13 Billion which would put it as the top alt coin excluding Bitcoin & Etherium. With a market cap this size it aint gonna reach $1.00 within 12 months sorry. Lucky to get to 30c if being honest. (Which would still put it around top 10)

I know we all want this coin to shoot the moon and it does have a great dev team but lets be realistic here..

I think you are forgetting one thing. By the time verge reaches $1, the price and market-cap of other coins would have significantly gone up. It's not like verge will hit $1 and ethereum and bitcoin would have stayed at the same price all this time. Whilst the dev and tech of Verge seems pretty good. do not forget the fact that more and more money is being poured into the world of cryptocurrencies each day, despite very few people knowing about it. Think about it, when this becomes more and more main stream, people will start to buy up coins that are on the cheap. What is more likely to go up, a coin worth 50p or something that is worth $1000? Which coin are people more likely to buy?

I think you know the answer to the above.
jono_t2000

Activity: 85

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 08:50:03 AM

I think you are forgetting one thing. By the time verge reaches $1, the price and market-cap of other coins would have significantly gone up. It's not like verge will hit $1 and ethereum and bitcoin would have stayed at the same price all this time. Whilst the dev and tech of Verge seems pretty good. do not forget the fact that more and more money is being poured into the world of cryptocurrencies each day, despite very few people knowing about it. Think about it, when this becomes more and more main stream, people will start to buy up coins that are on the cheap. What is more likely to go up, a coin worth 50p or something that is worth $1000? Which coin are people more likely to buy?

Oh yeah I no doubt that someday it may reach $1 as market cap goes up. But within 1 year is HIGHLY improbable. Happy to be proved wrong tho  Smiley

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
joscmc

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:58:37 AM

Oh yeah I no doubt that someday it may reach $1 as market cap goes up. But within 1 year is HIGHLY improbable. Happy to be proved wrong tho  Smiley

Ahah I hope it does too! One thing though. Don't get fixed on the $1 too much, as I have now realized. Buy as much as you can now, so that you won't even need Verge get to $1 to get a lot of returns. Meaning if it got to 9p you'll still have a significant amount of wealth Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: