Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:32:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XVG] Verge - Speculation & Discussion  (Read 243649 times)
Kryptomaniac

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 04:49:13 PM

I love the new Website but what happened to the ROADMAP TIMELINE on the Website?  A "roadmap" without an "accomplish by date" is like a peanut butter & jelly sandwich without jelly.

Also, good idea for New Site would be to have a "Contact Us" link and include a "Latest $XVG News" feed

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kryptomaniac

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 04:54:55 PM

I love the new Website but what happened to the ROADMAP TIMELINE on the Website?  A "roadmap" without an "accomplish by date" is like a peanut butter & jelly sandwich without jelly.

Also, good idea for New Site would be to have a "Contact Us" link and include a "Latest $XVG News" feed

Also, also, implement a quarterly or monthly "Newsletter" with an email sign-up option
kozmos

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 10:34:08 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2017, 11:53:38 PM by kozmos

I'm trading with cryptocoins for years, and IMHO I should say a lot of Verge coin traders are among the worst I have ever seen during my time.

For example, let's take a look at this image:

One of the basic rules to trade right and push the price up is never sell a chuck of your coin in one shot, to do it right you should sell it up bit by bit, otherwise it will push the price down and a lot will consider it as a dump sign (False one though) once such stupid sell walls will be trucked up, like shown in the previous image. A minute ago before the time the image was taken, there was some 45 BTC fake wall was taken down and the price was going up. I'm not sure what were they thinking by making another wall using their sell orders

There is some amateur whale which I believe he knows nothing much about trading and how to attract new investors. I'm talking about that one who keeps making fake sell walls of 45-50 BTC, making such fake walls (rapidly) will do nothing but it will push the investors away, in another words the price will eventually go too down and at some point it will hard to recover because the new investors will be worry about getting their money into a coin when some whale like that is keep pushing it down. The funny part among this tragedy is it will leave the whale at some point with big bag of no good coins (Bag holder).
sayyedraza

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 12:10:30 AM

I'm trading with cryptocoins for years, and IMHO I should say a lot of Verge coin traders are among the worst I have ever seen during my time.

One of the basic rules to trade right and push the price up is never sell a chuck of your coin in one shot, to do it right you should sell it up bit by bit, otherwise it will push the price down and a lot will consider it as a dump sign (False one though) once such stupid sell walls will be trucked up, like shown in the previous image. A minute ago before the time the image was taken, there was some 45 BTC fake wall was taken down and the price was going up. I'm not sure what were they thinking by making another wall using their sell orders

There is some amateur whale which I believe he knows nothing much about trading and how to attract new investors. I'm talking about that one who keeps making fake sell walls of 45-50 BTC, making such fake walls (rapidly) will do nothing but it will push the investors away, in another words the price will eventually go too down and at some point it will hard to recover because the new investors will be worry about getting their money into a coin when some whale like that is keep pushing it down. The funny part among this tragedy is it will leave the whale at some point with big bag of no good coins (Bag holder).

i totally disagreed with you ..  only 1 % i can consider what you said (only for SCAM coin )
if you had trade before with RDD or DGB ..  then you can see the same BTC put on the wall but the Whales eat that wall in just couple of hours

so if you are going to trade some altcoin then must read about that coin
then Jump . dont see the wall  Grin
Kryptomaniac

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 12:38:33 AM

So am I to conclude that the success of a coin is pegged to trading tactics?  A fine trading strategy will attract new investors?  How about the objective of the coin, the development behind it, it's ground gains as it relates to adoption and a great community behind it; are these meaningful?  I agree if one's objective is to pump & dump and make or loose a quick penny than the suggested tactics might matter a bit, but if the objective goes beyond childish gains then one should keep focused on the long term strategy of a coins' end result; that is to say on a coins' adoption according to its intended purpose. 

If the a coins' objective is to become a transactional currency then each time it's implemented in commerce or as an exchange of value one could say the coin is moving forward and gaining in value.  That's the focus of Verge, we're a currency that's focused on privacy and its long term value is ultimately tied to its adoption.
daniweb

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 03:36:25 AM

One question: if i backup a wallet... and then I xfer money and didnt backed up... if I install the wallet and use that .dat file, it should have the transaction still... correct? because is still the same wallet?
kel-alt

Activity: 113

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 05:32:49 AM

One question: if i backup a wallet... and then I xfer money and didnt backed up... if I install the wallet and use that .dat file, it should have the transaction still... correct? because is still the same wallet?

You would be better off on the main forum - this one is specific to 'speculation',
not technical questions, and I think you are right but I am waiting for next wallet
upgrade and or better net connection to delve into wallets. Lots of wallets offered
at the website. Which one to get? Not the right forum for this question I think.
kozmos

Activity: 381

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 01:19:39 PM

i totally disagreed with you ..  only 1 % i can consider what you said (only for SCAM coin )
if you had trade before with RDD or DGB ..  then you can see the same BTC put on the wall but the Whales eat that wall in just couple of hours

So am I to conclude that the success of a coin is pegged to trading tactics?  A fine trading strategy will attract new investors?  How about the objective of the coin, the development behind it, it's ground gains as it relates to adoption and a great community behind it; are these meaningful?  I agree if one's objective is to pump & dump and make or loose a quick penny than the suggested tactics might matter a bit, but if the objective goes beyond childish gains then one should keep focused on the long term strategy of a coins' end result; that is to say on a coins' adoption according to its intended purpose. 

If the a coins' objective is to become a transactional currency then each time it's implemented in commerce or as an exchange of value one could say the coin is moving forward and gaining in value.  That's the focus of Verge, we're a currency that's focused on privacy and its long term value is ultimately tied to its adoption.

Any coin's success is based on this equation = Coin's achievements (Specifications + New/Exclusive Features) + Investors (Attracting new investors + Market Stability)

I never said the success of a coin is all about - trading how it's being traded -. Verge - and I agree with you - holds a promising future with its implemented (and what will be implemented later on) features, I was not questioning its features or what it can brings, however and if I may disagree with you, yes the stability of its price and its steadily growth and the way being traded of course plays undeniable role about attracting new investors to the game and specifying its price, especially when we are talking about its recent growth, the coin is still building a new floor for its name after long time of hibernation. Like any other crypto (or stock market),  any investor at some point may not prefer to keep his money on (for awhile) with a volatile market when some whale(s) are keep pushing it down like this (periodically) plus the way it's being traded which leads a lot to worry about getting their money in and making it questionable to some point about how much the coin's price can reach.

By saying this I do not deny there will be always a price/market manipulation by few whales with any coin, but the way it's being done is either making the coin going up or it make it lose its some of its real potential to compete up

kel-alt

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 06:20:49 PM

Any coin's success is based on this equation = Coin's achievements (Specifications + New/Exclusive Features) + Investors (Attracting new investors + Market Stability)

I never said the success of a coin is all about - trading how it's being traded -. Verge - and I agree with you - holds a promising future with its implemented (and what will be implemented later on) features, I was not questioning its features or what it can brings, however and if I may disagree with you, yes the stability of its price and its steadily growth and the way being traded of course plays undeniable role about attracting new investors to the game and specifying its price, especially when we are talking about its recent growth, the coin is still building a new floor for its name after long time of hibernation. Like any other crypto (or stock market),  any investor at some point may not prefer to keep his money on (for awhile) with a volatile market when some whale(s) are keep pushing it down like this (periodically) plus the way it's being traded which leads a lot to worry about getting their money in and making it questionable to some point about how much the coin's price can reach.

By saying this I do not deny there will be always a price/market manipulation by few whales with any coin, but the way it's being done is either making the coin going up or it make it lose its some of its real potential to compete up

kel-alt -
I am going to assume most whales do not care about the long term success of a coin and like any trader just play the buy and sell. But just for a paranoid moment let me think there is a whale(s)
that is rich from a coin Verge might compete with. Then the money is not important, the pushing the
competition down is. This would explain seemingly illogical trading. The long term monetary success of the coin should tempt the whale into becoming even more rich, but that doesn't work in an us or them mentality. May the best coin win!
Kryptomaniac

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 01:02:07 AM

First and foremost I'm very glad to be part of a constructive and high quality conversation - your response exudes decency.  

I agree with what you're conveying and I believe that essentially we're on the same page, in the same spirit and aiming for the same outcome.  I believe my enthusiasm is a little more in line with bringing community awareness about the unavoidability of some traders coming into the space with slick trading tactics and with nothing more in mind than to make a quick penny.  Their only intent is the exploitation of quality projects in order to fulfill their short term goals.  These can sense upward momentum perhaps because they can see certain attributes, uniqueness or overall positive qualities of some projects, so they feel comfortable enough to even manipulate prices to a downward spiral just to gain buying opportunities.  

The short term price pickers are unavoidable and they might be applauded by some as they move through the space and make their quick penny but it's also good to know and to concrete into ones' mind that there's a better way when it comes to investing in quality projects with promising futures.  The more excellent way is investing in a project and maintaining that investment through the roller coaster ride until the foundation is laid.  The fact is that when quality projects take off they become harder to manipulate.  There seems to be an inverse relationship between the rise in price of a coin and the level of manipulation; the higher the price of a coin the harder it becomes to manipulate that coin.  The opportunity to influence price will always exist but it becomes less and less accessible.  

With a coin like $XVG, there are many plausible attributes:  An amalgamated community, a real world need for our coin, a forward looking and responsive development team and a perfect timeliness for what we have to offer.  I say Verge Currency has a future and I'll say to all that are willing to maximize profits by being patient, that you have found a home with $XVG.
obsidiansoul

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 07:06:27 PM

Verge is going to have a huge spike up soon guys. might be 1 -3 days. Buy as much as you can. I think this next spike up will last about 5 days with a total increase of at least 400 % and as high as 600 %. If you study charts you can see this is about to happen. The First huge spike up was roughly a 800 % increase that started May 18th and ended on May 22nd. The next spike up was on May 31st and ended June 5th with an increase of 580 %. Everything on the Chart points to Verge shooting up again. My percentages are based on when I would of bought into Verge if I was trading. I Have over 3.2 million coins and I'm invested, not trading. Verge investors and Traders, we are about to make a lot of money...
shannen87

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 07:19:08 PM

Verge is going to have a huge spike up soon guys. might be 1 -3 days. Buy as much as you can. I think this next spike up will last about 5 days with a total increase of at least 400 % and as high as 600 %. If you study charts you can see this is about to happen. The First huge spike up was roughly a 800 % increase that started May 18th and ended on May 22nd. The next spike up was on May 31st and ended June 5th with an increase of 580 %. Everything on the Chart points to Verge shooting up again. My percentages are based on when I would of bought into Verge if I was trading. I Have over 3.2 million coins and I'm invested, not trading. Verge investors and Traders, we are about to make a lot of money...

So all you predict is 400-600% price uptrend within this weekend and after that a downtrend again?
Also, why this uptrend movement? Any news coming?
Long term target could be 0.1$ cent?
kel-alt

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 07:26:46 PM

kel-alt
My recent posts RE trend lines have been wrong, so I hope you are right!
Current trend line drawn from points 103, 116, and 139 sat arrive at 250 sat
about 5 days out. But no line I have drawn so far has held. It might be the
market is too small and gets moved around too easy. How are you predicting
huge spikes? Time intervals? Candles?
obsidiansoul

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 07:49:06 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2017, 08:06:20 PM by obsidiansoul

My Trading is based on days chart. You probably see the triangle pattern and dropping volume. I see the Resistance level at 169 satoshi. It's going to break soon it's just a matter of when now. The ascending support line from 35 satoshi on June 1st till now was been respected and tested 4 times. It ain't gonna drop pass that support. As far as how much it goes up by I'm being conservative because of it could go up higher.
obsidiansoul

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 07:56:01 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2017, 08:13:35 PM by obsidiansoul

I Definitely Don't think it will be long term to hit 1 cent. I wouldn't be invested in this coin if that was the case. Verge has increased by over 2000 % in just 34 days. Like, holy shit... The high was over 3000 %. It will be 1 cent very very soon. If not on this spike up it will definitely be the next one.  Always remember fundamentals too. Verge has excellent tech behind it and of course we all know they released their black paper.
rapidleech

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:26:58 PM

is it dead coin or not ?
obsidiansoul

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:32:15 PM

It's only beginning. Go read Their black paper. Just google it.
ged00u

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:40:43 PM

is it dead coin or not ?
Nah. it is not a dead coin. The price continues to rise and it just has been existed in the top 100 market cap coin. Soon, people will buy more xvg because of the inside technology which is powerful and stronger than bitcoin
giantkin

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 10:21:53 PM

Dont feed the trolls!   

http://choicehost.biz  Domains and DIY -hosting   I save $5 or so, for each domain a year.  (Compared to other Domain Registrars)
Kryptomaniac

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 04:33:03 AM

VERGE CURRENCY is a quality project with a well defined and needed purpose for existence.  We are a Crypto Currency with an emphasis on privacy. 

There so many nonsensical, redundant projects sprouting up everywhere that it amazes me that people are just throwing money at these things like there's no tomorrow.  So reminiscent of 1999 with things like Pets.com

Folks will be crying as they see their cash evaporate like a mist facing the morning sun.  More than ever it's time to get a grip on unfettered greed and let good ole wisdom, common sense and experience be the order of the day.  Every time I do this survey of the Crypto Space I get more and more excited about $XVG.  All the fundamentals are in place with this coin and the need for what we offer is ever increasing.  One would think that as time passes $XVG has less and less of an opportunity to establish itself inline with its goals but with the ever increasing introduction of all these redundant crazy projects we now have a greater opportunity than ever before.  Now I'm not saying that this scenario will last long but what I am saying is that for now we have an incredible opportunity to gain wealth through strengthening our position with $XVG.  It's time to Hold, it's time to buy more if we can, and hold.  The market is volatile but if you want to build wealth you'll weather your holdings of $XVGs, and you'll see your fortune grow.

Don't sell, and if you must, sell for way more than what you bought for.  Don't get desperate you won't regret it.  If you like to play the waves just make sure you don't get priced out.  A spike will come that'll change the landscape forever and you won't be able to get back to the position you once held.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: