Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:04:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crazy shit Bible says, crazy shit Christians say  (Read 31183 times)
af_newbie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 05:48:06 PM

What I have problem is with people who try to tell me black is white.

But you don't mind telling everyone else that black is white.

Just like this guy saying "It says flat" and then posting quotes that don't say anything like that.

You can keep telling yourself that black is white, but don't expect me to agree.

Fuck, you are not getting it.

Take the Psalm 137:9 verse as an example.  

Tell me when is it ok to smash babies against the rocks?

You are ignorant of the Bible, so I'll go easy on you, but

When is it ok to kill gays?
When is it ok to own other human being?
When is it ok to kill someone because they worked on Sabbath?

I really would like to know, how can you rationalize the above?

Forget the crazy shit on page one, the creation story.  I hope you don't believe world was created in 6 days.  I'm assuming all Christians rationalize that one as a metaphor.  

It is ok to smash babies against the rocks if they come from an adultery of your wife.

Yes, it is fully ok to kill gays.
It is ok to own other humans when they commited a sin, or if their race make that they suit to this usage.
I don't know about working on Sabbath, please give us the full quote and I'll be able to help you understand the Truth Smiley.

Now, that is good stuff.  Finally, we have one true Christian who is not afraid to speak the truth.

Here is the verse about working on Sabbath.  Go:

Exodus 31:14-15New International Version (NIV)
14 “‘Observe the Sabbath, because it is holy to you. Anyone who desecrates it is to be put to death; those who do any work on that day must be cut off from their people. 15 For six days work is to be done, but the seventh day is a day of sabbath rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day is to be put to death.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 05:56:55 PM

It is ok to smash babies against the rocks if they come from an adultery of your wife.

It is ok to own other humans when they commited a sin, or if their race make that they suit to this usage.
I don't know about working on Sabbath, please give us the full quote and I'll be able to help you understand the Truth Smiley.

Now, that is good stuff.  Finally, we have one true Christian who is not afraid to speak the truth.

14 “‘Observe the Sabbath, because it is holy to you. Anyone who desecrates it is to be put to death; those who do any work on that day must be cut off from their people. 15 For six days work is to be done, but the seventh day is a day of sabbath rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day is to be put to death.

The Jews have gotten quite good at "not working" on the Sabbath...

They have created inventions to "outsmart God"... some funny shit right here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVpCNKp9PD0 (How to rest on the Sabbath)

(It kills me when the rabbi walks in front of the camera saying, "Schmuck!")
target
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1041

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 06:01:44 PM

Hey here is a good video about Bible and prejudices Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEnWw_lH4tQ&feature=youtu.be

Example:16. God demands you kill your wife and children for worshiping other gods.
In Deuteronomy 13:6-10, God commands that you must kill your wife, children, brother, and friend if they worship other gods.

This is good too Top 20 Evil Bible Stories

Example:
It always amazes me how many times this  God orders the killing of innocent people even after the Ten Commandments said Thou shall not kill. For example,  God kills 70,000 innocent people because David ordered a census of the people (1 Chronicles 21)

And this This website is designed to spread the vicious truth about the Bible

This is the start of the promise land campaign of Moses as far as i know.
One has to look at this in military perspective and that if an ethnic group has more members and are capable of revolting the leader which is Moses, they kill them all to save the mission else they will fail.

Part of the story was that, they were about to go to Canaan but they instead go to Mount Sanai and people got angry with Moses due to it. they don't have enough food there were children and they can't plant crops in the desert. a revolt might happen and so they kill. what are they going to do in mount sainai?  they say the place is a copper mine and weapons during that time were made of copper. they want to build more army and turn their people into fighting army.  Grin

mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 06:34:33 PM

Example:16. God demands you kill your wife and children for worshiping other gods.
In Deuteronomy 13:6-10, God commands that you must kill your wife, children, brother, and friend if they worship other gods.

Example:
It always amazes me how many times this  God orders the killing of innocent people even after the Ten Commandments said Thou shall not kill. For example,  God kills 70,000 innocent people because David ordered a census of the people (1 Chronicles 21)

Ah, always happy to see some truth about Christianity emerges from time to time, keep up the good work Wink

Moloch

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 06:38:01 PM

Example:
It always amazes me how many times this  God orders the killing of innocent people even after the Ten Commandments said Thou shall not kill. For example,  God kills 70,000 innocent people because David ordered a census of the people (1 Chronicles 21)

This is the start of the promise land campaign of Moses as far as i know.
One has to look at this in military perspective and that if an ethnic group has more members and are capable of revolting the leader which is Moses, they kill them all to save the mission else they will fail.

Part of the story was that, they were about to go to Canaan but they instead go to Mount Sanai and people got angry with Moses due to it. they don't have enough food there were children and they can't plant crops in the desert. a revolt might happen and so they kill. what are they going to do in mount sainai?  they say the place is a copper mine and weapons during that time were made of copper. they want to build more army and turn their people into fighting army.  Grin

Holy shit... Someone actually read the Bible?

You are spot on...

The Israelites wanted to attack Canaan the first time, but Moses talked them out of it... They came back a few years later and murdered everyone (stealing the land of milk and honey from farmers via genocide)...

First I've heard about the copper mine, but it makes perfect sense with the rest of the story... I actually learned something, thanks
Moloch

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 07:26:18 PM

If you believe in unicorns...

Quote from: Numbers 23:22
God brought them out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn
Quote from: Psalm 22:21
Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns
Quote from: Isaiah 34:7
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness

and dragons...

Quote from: Isaiah 27:1
In that day the Lord with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea
Quote from: Revelation 12:3
And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
(#manBearPig?)
Quote from: Revelation 13:1-2
And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority

... you might be a Christian
af_newbie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 07:38:37 PM

If you believe in unicorns...

Quote from: Numbers 23:22
God brought them out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn
Quote from: Psalm 22:21
Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns
Quote from: Isaiah 34:7
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness

and dragons...

Quote from: Isaiah 27:1
In that day the Lord with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea
Quote from: Revelation 12:3
And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
(#manBearPig?)
Quote from: Revelation 13:1-2
And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority

... you might be a Christian

We need to convince Jeff Foxworthy to create a video clip...it would get a lot of hits on youtube.

xavTrot6

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 10:30:02 PM

Alright.

I was born into a heavy christian catholic family.
I love my family very much.

But I consider myself agnostic.

There are pluses to both Atheism, and being religious.

A plus to Atheism allows you to not fall prey to wasting your time with rituals, so you can do more things in the day, and focus on the betterment of you and those around you.
A plus to Religion is that it allows people, educated and not, to have a system of beliefs, that allows them a pushing factor through tough life, and allows them to accomplish things.

It is perfectly okay to be religious, or have a system of beliefs that get you through the day.
It's also alright to not believe. To take science, facts and physics into account for the happenings of the day.

HOWEVER.

This thread is the exact reason why people hate atheists, and religious people alike.

We have atheists here, trying to say all religion is bad, and that the bible is a evil book, and flipping the bird to all religious, because they think science is superior, and they think that allows them to be the cocky douchebags that they are.

We also have people here, saying that atheists are completely wrong, that creationism is the wholly true way, that evolution does not exist, that they are far superior, and that allows them to talk here like they know everything, even though we have fucking solid proof of evolution and the Big Bang.

SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Besides the fact that being in a conversation with any of you lot drops your IQ by 80, and gives me a headache, who gives a flying shit?

Let people live their lives, let people own and be proud of their culture.

Is it okay when people use their culture to hold it over others, and commit crimes against humanities because they believe they are right?
No the fuck it isn't.

If we didn't have this stupid fuck AF_Newbie, , and moloch, spamming the forum with these repetitive anti-christian threads, saying they are superior, it's no better than the people like the Westboro Baptist Church, who take their interpretations, and their beliefs, and hold them over others, like they are gods, no pun intended.

Learn how to co-exist, god damn.
Moloch

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 10:34:04 PM

Alright.

A plus to Atheism allows you to not fall prey to wasting your time with rituals, so you can do more things in the day, and focus on the betterment of you and those around you.
A plus to Religion is that it allows people, educated and not, to have a system of beliefs, that allows them a pushing factor through tough life, and allows them to accomplish things.

It is perfectly okay to be religious, or have a system of beliefs that get you through the day.
It's also alright to not believe. To take science, facts and physics into account for the happenings of the day.

HOWEVER.

This thread is the exact reason why people hate atheists, and religious people alike.

We have atheists here, trying to say all religion is bad, and that the bible is a evil book, and flipping the bird to all religious, because they think science is superior, and they think that allows them to be the cocky douchebags that they are.

We also have people here, saying that atheists are completely wrong, that creationism is the wholly true way, that evolution does not exist, that they are far superior, and that allows them to talk here like they know everything, even though we have fucking solid proof of evolution and the Big Bang.

SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Besides the fact that being in a conversation with any of you lot drops your IQ by 80, and gives me a headache, who gives a flying shit?

Is it okay when people use their culture to hold it over others, and commit crimes against humanities because they believe they are right?
No the fuck it isn't.

If we didn't have this stupid fuck AF_Newbie, , and moloch, spamming the forum with these repetitive anti-christian threads, saying they are superior, it's no better than the people like the Westboro Baptist Church, who take their interpretations, and their beliefs, and hold them over others, like they are gods, no pun intended.

While I understand your point, I fully reject it...

Religion is a disease, it is a mental illness that needs to be cured

Religion makes people do crazy things because they are not thinking clearly...

9/11!

Only a religious person flies a plane into a building, killing hundreds of people, while thinking they are doing God's work!!!
xavTrot6

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 10:37:15 PM

Alright.

HOWEVER.

SHUT THE FUCK UP!

No the fuck it isn't.

9/11!

Only a religious person flies a plane into a building, killing hundreds of people, while thinking they are doing God's work!!!
I am not here to argue in your petty political battles, but that is a terrorist group, proclaiming they have the true view of Islam, as their guise.

It's very much political and a scare factor, the religious section to attract more followers.
Moloch

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 10:39:24 PM

9/11!

I am not here to argue in your petty political battles, but that is a terrorist group, proclaiming they have the true view of Islam, as their guise.

It's very much political and a scare factor, the religious section to attract more followers.

You can spin it however you wish, but the truth is true, and you know it is...

You can blame religious extremists all you like, but there would not be religious extremists without religion

Christians are no better... the witch burnings were not long ago... Christians also advocated for slavery, and currently advocate for homophobia, and intolerance of Muslims
Moloch

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 12:32:27 AM

Who advises a woman to quit her job over a keychain? Pat Robertson... that's who

Pat Robertson: Quit Your Job Over Voodoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X65odgRN6FM
af_newbie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 12:41:21 AM

Who advises a woman to quit her job over a keychain? Pat Robertson... that's who

Pat Robertson: Quit Your Job Over Voodoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X65odgRN6FM

LOL, he looks like a voodoo doll himself.  He is going on the wall (OP).

af_newbie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 02:16:13 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2016, 02:27:30 AM by af_newbie

He is an example of human sacrifice in Judges 11:29-40. Unbelievable!!!!

The Spirit of the Lord inspired Jephthah to sacrifice to God whatever came out to greet him when he returned from slaughtering the Ammonites. When his daughter came out to greet him, Jephthah kept his promise to God by killing her as a burnt offering.

Then the Spirit of the LORD came upon Jephthah ... And Jephthah vowed a vow unto the LORD, and said, If thou shalt without fail deliver the children of Ammon into mine hands, Then it shall be, that whatsoever cometh forth of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the children of Ammon, shall surely be the LORD's, and I will offer it up for a burnt offering. So Jephthah passed over unto the children of Ammon to fight against them; and the LORD delivered them into his hands.... And Jephthah came to Mizpeh unto his house, and, behold, his daughter came out to meet him with timbrels and with dances: and she was his only child.... And it came to pass, when he saw her, that he rent his clothes, and said, Alas, my daughter! thou hast brought me very low, and thou art one of them that trouble me: for I have opened my mouth unto the LORD, and I cannot go back. And she said unto him, My father, if thou hast opened thy mouth unto the LORD, do to me according to that which hath proceeded out of thy mouth.... And it came to pass at the end of two months, that she returned unto her father, who did with her according to his vow which he had vowed. Judges 11:29-40

So the God knew his daughter would come out to meet him, but he accepted Jephthah vow to sacrifice her anyway.  Bloodthirsty little prick.

Moloch

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 04:37:23 AM

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 10:47:14 AM

Actually the first page is one of the most accurate parts of the Bible, and fits surprisingly well to our present knowledge about the history of the universe:

[1:1] In the beginning when God created the heavens and the earth,
[1:2] the earth was a formless void and darkness covered the face of the deep, while a wind from God swept over the face of the waters.]

Universe as a singularity

[1:3] Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light.
[1:4] And God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness.
[1:5] God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day.

Big bang

Let me stop you right there, at step one.  Earth was created before big bang?  Water before big bang?  Don't you need hydrogen and oxygen to have water?

In the Bible's phrasing "waters" means a lot of things from seas to the sky (space), just like earth what in this context means material what was "formless void and darkness covered the face of the deep". Don't forget that this book was written some 3k years ago (and probably was based on some older scripts) for a bunch of goat herders and farmers with limited knowledge about quantum/astrophysics so the language had to be relative simple, plain hebrew Smiley.
Losvienleg

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Gloire à la Victoire !

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 10:53:30 AM

What I have problem is with people who try to tell me black is white.

But you don't mind telling everyone else that black is white.

Just like this guy saying "It says flat" and then posting quotes that don't say anything like that.

You can keep telling yourself that black is white, but don't expect me to agree.

Fuck, you are not getting it.

Take the Psalm 137:9 verse as an example.  

Tell me when is it ok to smash babies against the rocks?

You are ignorant of the Bible, so I'll go easy on you, but

When is it ok to kill gays?
When is it ok to own other human being?
When is it ok to kill someone because they worked on Sabbath?

I really would like to know, how can you rationalize the above?

Forget the crazy shit on page one, the creation story.  I hope you don't believe world was created in 6 days.  I'm assuming all Christians rationalize that one as a metaphor.  

This can be interprated two ways :

-Litteraly :

You have to kill him. However, there's two problems at this : you shall not kill, and you shall forgive.

-Metaphoricaly :

Everyone who works on Sabbath won't go to the Paradise. And thus will die for the eternity. That's how I interpret it after a quick reading.

Also, don't remember that most of the sins can be "washed". If someone prays to the Lord this day, I don't think that working from times to times on Sabbath is that awful.

craked5

Activity: 840
Merit: 529

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 11:19:10 AM

Hey, wouldn't like to insult anyone but the shitty religious zealots still never answered to the fact that Bible says Earth is flat:
Isaiah 11:12
12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH. (KJV)

Revelation 7:1
1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree. (KJV)

Job 38:13
13 That it might take hold of the ENDS OF THE EARTH, that the wicked might be shaken out of it? (KJV)

Jeremiah 16:19
19 O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ENDS OF THE EARTH, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit. (KJV)

Daniel 4:11
11 The tree grew, and was strong, and the height thereof reached unto heaven, and the sight thereof to the ENDS OF ALL THE EARTH: (KJV)
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 11:56:06 AM

Hey, wouldn't like to insult anyone but the shitty religious zealots still never answered to the fact that Bible says Earth is flat:
12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH. (KJV)

1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree. (KJV)

13 That it might take hold of the ENDS OF THE EARTH, that the wicked might be shaken out of it? (KJV)

19 O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ENDS OF THE EARTH, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit. (KJV)

11 The tree grew, and was strong, and the height thereof reached unto heaven, and the sight thereof to the ENDS OF ALL THE EARTH: (KJV)

In fact it says it's square Smiley. Actually in many languages you can find expressions like "people from all corners of the world", we are actively using such statements, but nobody think that the Earth would be flat. BTW when the Bible was written everybody thought that Earth is flat, the spherical model turned up as a hypothesis from Pythagoras but Aristotle was the first who proved that three hundred years later. Well, and then what? This isn't real crazy shit just common cosmology of the age, and it still common in today's everyday phrasing but with modified meaning.
craked5

Activity: 840
Merit: 529

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 12:11:15 PM

In fact it says it's square Smiley. Actually in many languages you can find expressions like "people from all corners of the world", we are actively using such statements, but nobody think that the Earth would be flat. BTW when the Bible was written everybody thought that Earth is flat, the spherical model turned up as a hypothesis from Pythagoras but Aristotle was the first who proved that three hundred years later. Well, and then what? This isn't real crazy shit just common cosmology of the age, and it still common in today's everyday phrasing but with modified meaning.

Oh there is nothing crazy if we all admit that Bible is nothing near absolute and has to be adapted to the age in which we are Wink

But tell that to the people thinking it's OK to smash a baby head with a rock or that the earth is only 7 000 years old Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: