Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:23:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WOW! Becoin failed to read and comprehend BFL's policy on BTC refunds  (Read 35764 times)
squeept

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 07:35:41 PM

This thread is missing chromosomes.

I'm just going to keep repeating "it's an Altera HardCopy" because I haven't the slightest clue what I'm talking about.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 08:11:11 PM

This thread is missing chromosomes.

Actually it's missing neurons, but I know what you mean.
becoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 08:18:19 PM

Bitcoin/$ rate is exploding. Looks like a lot of bitcoins needed for refunds are missing, huh?
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 08:22:28 PM

Bitcoin/$ rate is exploding. Looks like a lot of bitcoins needed for refunds are missing, huh?
Bullshit.

Please stop.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 08:27:25 PM

That is not pricing in Bitcoins.  That is asking for payment in Bitcoins in an amount equivalent to the USD pricing.
Have you heard about a commercial document called INVOICE issued by a seller to the buyer, indicating the products, quantities, and agreed prices for products or services the seller has provided the buyer? Go read somethin'!

On the pic you provided is says the USD price in a much bigger font and the BTC price in brackets, much smaller and some lighter shade of gray. All that is on the left-hand side of the "invoice" which concerns itself with the price. The right-hand side concerns itself with the payment process.

I'm not going to make suggestions to you about cooling down and trying another angle just to see what it looks like and wether it might make sense because I fear you might get mad at me.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
greyhawk

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 08:28:22 PM

Bullshit.

Please stop.

Yeah, well actually he's right about the price soaring up until about 1 and a half hours ago. It looks like we're rapidly approaching normal levels again however by now.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 08:28:45 PM

As my daughter in law the lawyer would say - "If the law is on your side, argue law. If the facts are on your side, argue facts.  If neither law nor facts are on your side, just argue".  becoin has apparently chosen option 3.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 08:29:12 PM

Bullshit.

Please stop.

Yeah, well actually he's right about the price soaring up until about 1 and a half hours ago. It looks like we're rapidly approaching normal levels again however by now.
Yes, but that is not BFL buying the BTC needed for refunds.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
smracer
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 08:29:37 PM

He is obviously trolling.  No one is that stupid.  
JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 08:30:55 PM

Take 2

davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2013, 08:40:23 PM

Let's invite this Micon guy in this thread and all leave at the same time.

greyhawk

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 08:46:43 PM

He wouldn't even notice what with how much he likes to talk.
becoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 08:48:30 PM

On the pic you provided is says the USD price in a much bigger font and the BTC price in brackets, much smaller and some lighter shade of gray. All that is on the left-hand side of the "invoice" which concerns itself with the price. The right-hand side concerns itself with the payment process.
Thanks for suggesting your point of view, molecular. I have never had any special interests in Impressionism (soleil levant), you know, all those shades, colors, forms, brush strokes, emphasis, accurate depiction of light and nuances. I'm afraid my knowledge in this field is quite inferior to yours.

All I know is that all the data in an invoice is equally important independently of color, size or place of the fonts used!
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 08:55:39 PM

Let's invite this Micon guy in this thread and all leave at the same time.

fucking lol!

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 09:01:58 PM

Thanks for suggesting your point of view, molecular. I have never had any special interests in Impressionism (soleil levant), you know, all those shades, colors, forms, brush strokes, emphasis, accurate depiction of light and nuances. I'm afraid my knowledge in this field is quite inferior to yours.

All I know is that all the data in an invoice is equally important independently of color, size or place of the fonts used!

Well, I can say one thing kind-of in your favor (not siding with you at all though): They should've clearly stated the fact that you were actually selling your BTC and paying in USD when making the transaction.

Only because it's been clear to me from the way bitpay works and other context doesn't mean it's clear to everyone.

It looks to me like you made a mistake (in thinking you would get back BTC) and now the situation is pretty bad for you and you can't admit you made that mistake (maybe even to yourself). Now you're attributing the mistake to someone else quite irrationally.

becoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 09:13:41 PM

They should've clearly stated the fact that you were actually selling your BTC and paying in USD when making the transaction.
They can't! They are not an exchange! Ask davout what does it mean in terms of regulations?
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 09:15:37 PM

Well, I can say one thing kind-of in your favor (not siding with you at all though): They should've clearly stated the fact that you were actually selling your BTC and paying in USD when making the transaction.

Only because it's been clear to me from the way bitpay works and other context doesn't mean it's clear to everyone.

And yet most people understand perfectly well that Amazon prices their goods in USD and that if they use a payment processor (such as Visa or Mastercard) which raises a charge in their local currency at the USD/local currency exchange rate any refunds will also be made at the USD/local currency exchange rate at the time the refund is issued.  Most online vendors do not explicitly state this because most people who use payment processors are well aware of how this works.  

While many sites will allow me to see the AUD equivalent of the USD price (which allows me to compare local and overseas prices easily), the product is still priced in USD and Mastercard pays the vendor in USD even though the transaction is shown in AUD on my account.  It's not rocket science.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 09:19:17 PM

They should've clearly stated the fact that you were actually selling your BTC and paying in USD when making the transaction.
They can't! They are not an exchange! Ask davout what does it mean in terms of regulations?
But they're using an exchange at the time of purchase. That should be blatantly obvious!

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2013, 09:20:55 PM

Legal tender laws in the US = private debt can always be settled in USD.
Of course, they CAN! However, their debt is denominated in bitcoins, not in dollars! I gave them bitcoins, not dollars! They MUST settle this debt AT CURRENT bitcoin/$ rate, not at the rate that was months ago!

I'm fairly new to the bitcoin community and seeing people like this make me fear for its future.

+1

davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2013, 09:23:50 PM

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: