Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:31:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WOW! Becoin failed to read and comprehend BFL's policy on BTC refunds  (Read 35761 times)
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 11:23:05 AM

I'm getting a lot of complaints that people though the subject meant the BFL wasn't honoring refunds, and people are irritated that they're getting worked up before discovering that becoin just wanted BFL refunds to act as a hedge against bitcoin's exchange rate relative to the dollar changing.... so I've changed the thread's subject.
gmaxwell, you do not deserve to be a moderator in this forum.
What you've done is a blatant violation of every code of ethics for forum moderation!

I'm not surprised that the quality of this forum is degrading very fast.

becoin just wanted BFL refunds to act as a hedge against bitcoin's exchange rate relative to the dollar changing....
This is non-sense. Did BFL sell me bitcoins to purchase ASIC? No. I've bought those bitcoins many months before they were sent to BFL! Do you know what is the meaning of currency hedge?
You know, I was planning to either move this to Off-Topic or trash this trollish thread too. I see that gmaxwell went the ingenious route now.  Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
julz
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 11:27:31 AM

Epic thread of attempts to spark comprehension in the pig-headedly wrong is unwinnable - yet so full of win!

Sadly - I'm adding Becoin to my (very short) ignore list.  The unfortunate thing about people who are impervious to reason, is that earnest efforts to help them come to terms with their lack of comprehension will usually just come across as insults and attacks.  

oh who am I kidding.. insults and attacks are sometimes earned. .. I'm calling it.  OP is just *stupid*!  Move along folks.

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
becoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 11:33:49 AM

The unfortunate thing about people who are impervious to reason, is that earnest efforts to help them come to terms with their lack of comprehension will usually just come across as insults and attacks.
You are soooooo rght!

Mahatma Gandhi - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win."
gmaxwell
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2013, 11:50:20 AM

gmaxwell, you do not deserve to be a moderator in this forum.
What you've done is a blatant violation of every code of ethics for forum moderation!
It is reasonable and customary to replace misleading thread titles.

becoin just wanted BFL refunds to act as a hedge against bitcoin's exchange rate relative to the dollar changing....
This is non-sense. Did BFL sell me bitcoins to purchase ASIC? No. I've bought those bitcoins many months before they were sent to BFL! Do you know what is the meaning of currency hedge?
People gave BFL coin— if the value of the coin went down (potentially to zero) you would still be demanding to receive valuable mining hardware. If the value of coin went up (as it had) you seem to expect to be able to demand a refund at the new market rate (and then be presumably able to turn around and make a new order with fewer coins).  That would be a pretty awesome hedge if they'd let you make it.
becoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 11:55:07 AM

People gave BFL coin— if the value of the coin went down (potentially to zero) you would still be demanding to receive valuable mining hardware.
There is a major contradiction in your statement. If the value of the bitcoin went down to zero then value of the "valuable mining hardware" will be zero as well.
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 01:15:15 PM

People gave BFL coin— if the value of the coin went down (potentially to zero) you would still be demanding to receive valuable mining hardware.
There is a major contradiction in your statement. If the value of the bitcoin went down to zero then value of the "valuable mining hardware" will be zero as well.

Judge Judy wants a word with you.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2013, 02:57:51 PM

Judge Judy wants a word with you.

Wrong judge for this case:

darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 05:27:13 PM

Mahatma Gandhi - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win."

First off, it's a fake quote Gandhi never said.

Second, what's more appropriate in your case is Bozo the Clown.  "First, they laugh at you.  Then, they laugh at you some more.  Then they keep laughing.  Because you're stupid."
szuetam

Activity: 377
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 05:40:26 PM

You can get a $ refund, correct?
I guess I can get both US dollars and Zimbabwean dollars if I want to?
But people didn't pay in $. They paid in bitcoins and want bitcoin refunds.

If they do that they should buy an options for buying bitcoins as an insurance like serious companies do, but 1st is it possible with bitcoins, and if it is, how expensive, and are they so serious company?

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 05:52:07 PM

So if you buy a factory that makes cheese, and you pay for it with cheese, and the value of cheese goes to zero, the value of your cheese factory is zero as well?

more or less retired.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 05:52:26 PM

No, it's not. He corrected a blatantly wrong and sue-worthy thread title into something objectively correct in order to protect both the forum (from lawyers) and its users (from misinformation). His action is in fact one of only two correct moves a moderator of any moderately sized board can and should take in this circumstance (the other is deletion/removal of the offending thread).
To be fair, hosts/owners of forums are 100% protected from lawsuit of libel/slander when said libel/slander is made by users of the forum.  Website admins cannot be held liable for user-posted content, UNLESS it is court-ordered that they take it down and they do not comply.

At least, that is the law how I understand it.  Smiley
poon-TANG

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 06:38:33 PM

I can't believe this moron is still arguing his point even after a mod changed the title of the thread.
fernarios

Activity: 616
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 07:05:07 PM

c'mon guys just leave this stupid thread die... if you don't get it, it is just a spam/troll thread.
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 08:21:06 PM

c'mon guys just leave this stupid thread die... if you don't get it, it is just a spam/troll thread.

Oh, we get it. Since the dank threads have been sub par these days, this is my entertainment........for this week at least.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
becoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 09:22:03 PM

If they do that they should buy an options for buying bitcoins as an insurance like serious companies do, but 1st is it possible with bitcoins, and if it is, how expensive, and are they so serious company?
It is simple. If you can't afford and you can't manage bitcoin exchange rate risk you should not accept bitcoin payments.

Bitcoin is amazing. Bitcoin payments unmistakably expose every merchant scam. You can't treat people as customers when accepting their bitcoin payments and later treat them as investors when refunding their purchases! The very nature of bitcoin won't allow shady commercial practices.
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 09:33:51 PM

It is simple. If you can't afford and you can't manage bitcoin exchange rate risk you should not accept bitcoin payments.

Bitcoin is amazing. Bitcoin payments unmistakably expose every merchant scam. You can't treat people as customers when accepting their bitcoin payments and later treat them as investors when refunding their purchases! The very nature of bitcoin won't allow shady commercial practices.

It IS simple too bad you're not bright enough to figure it out.

Albert Einstein
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 09:35:05 PM

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 09:40:21 PM

What do you mean "I was robbed?"

Albert Einstein
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 07:06:21 AM

Gotta get one more meme in  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 08:59:21 AM

This thread, aside from all the asshattery,
 provides valuable education regarding the
old discussion of whether BTC are a means
to store value vs a means to move value.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: