Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:21:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 [475] 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 ... 639 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XRB]Cryptocurrency's killer app: RaiBlocks micropayments  (Read 774983 times)
TalRasha

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 03:58:26 PM

XRB is the most worthy investment altcoin at the moment because I am sure the XRB will soon be listed on Binance and I am keeping a lot of XRB from 6 months ago. I hope the XRB could soon reach $ 50 in 2018 because big investors are very interested in this altcoin

You are dreaming.  Here we have a thread where gmaxwell and other inveterate cryptocurrency developers point out that XRB in inherently insecure.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1219264  These problems cannot be ignored and no serious exchange can list a coin like this (suicide).

So why would Binance even list XRB for voting Huh If they didnt consider XRB viable for listing, they would not put them on the voting list right?

So looks like Binance is not considering XRB insecure...
XCNP

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:00:11 PM

I also saw many people are referring XRB as recommendation for this new year. I was watching the last few days performance it went just sky rockets within days. This is first time I am here and will start reading what is all about in previous pages to understand the basics of this coin.
petr87

Activity: 54

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:05:26 PM

XRB is the most worthy investment altcoin at the moment because I am sure the XRB will soon be listed on Binance and I am keeping a lot of XRB from 6 months ago. I hope the XRB could soon reach $ 50 in 2018 because big investors are very interested in this altcoin

You are dreaming.  Here we have a thread where gmaxwell and other inveterate cryptocurrency developers point out that XRB in inherently insecure.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1219264  These problems cannot be ignored and no serious exchange can list a coin like this (suicide).

You better let Kucoin and Binance know your findings since they are about to list XRB. Hopefully your garbage dumpster still has internet access.

It will be very funny when Kucoin and Binance collapse in result of adding $XRB.

Quickly save the Binance from the collapse. They do not know about the vulnerability. Only you can save them from collapse Grin Grin Grin
Cryptagoras

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:11:31 PM

I also saw many people are referring XRB as recommendation for this new year. I was watching the last few days performance it went just sky rockets within days. This is first time I am here and will start reading what is all about in previous pages to understand the basics of this coin.

XRB is very good coin  Wink Looking to see where it goes.
CyraxMax

Activity: 139
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:20:02 PM

To all newcomers to Raiblocks

If you are new to Bitcointalk you may not realize how things work around here. Ask yourself this - why would someone who states that Raiblocks is crap/a pump and dump/full of flaws, etc. keep coming on here posting the same thing over and over again even though it has already been addressed numerous times before? Because they care about noobs and want to protect them from the big bad Raiblocks dev stealing their money? LOL, I think not.

There are 3 reasons for these FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt) posts:

1) Usually the person posting the FUD is actually holding the coin they are bashing - they make negative posts in an attempt to drive down the price so they can buy more.

2) They may also be holding a competing coin (IOTA for example) and they are angry that another coin has taken the spotlight away from them. You can spot people in this group as they will often have a signature advertising another coin or they will shill it directly in their post.

3) Pure saltiness. This forum has really gone downhill over the years and it is now filled with desperate, salty children who are angry that they missed the boat.

The world is full of toxic people who cannot accomplish anything on their own so they try to make themselves feel better by attacking other people's accomplishments. Ignore them and DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH!

start with the above.
percocet

Activity: 222
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:41:58 PM

Why RaiBlocks is not secure.

[...]
5. The Man in the Middle attack.

If an attacker succeeds to put himself between a merchant and the RaiBlocks network he can just filter the double spending payment packets, and the merchant will never know that he is receiving a double spending. The Raiblocks network will discard that payment while the merchant will accept it.

[...]

This kind of FUD can be done to every cryptocurrency. So once and for all :
Every cryptocurrency, every online bank is vulnerable to Mitm attacks, if such attack successfully happens.
Example for bitcoin: If a hacker successfully performs a Mitm attack between a buyer and seller, he can just give to the buyer his own bitcoin address instead of the seller's. End of the story. And there are a myriad of more sophisticated attacks depending on whether you have a temporary or persistant Mitm attack.
Fortunately, Mitm attacks (over ssh) are rare, difficult and simply not accessible to the vast majority. They can still happen though and countermeasures (such as ssl pinning) are outside of the scope of crypto currencies underlying technology.
Basically if you are afraid of Mitm attacks, don't open a bank account, don't use any crypto currency, or better, don't use internet (or LANs) and make payments only in cash.

This is 100% correct. It is a common FUD technique to state extreme "edge cases" like they are common occurrences so you have posts like "this coin is not secure - all an attacker has to do is gain control of the majority of the voting delegates". LMFAO

If it is so easy, why hasn't it happened yet? It would be much easier for this kind of attack to occur early on in a coin's life before more nodes come online. Raiblocks has been running for over 2 years straight - why hasn't anyone exploited these "flaws" yet?

Because the time, money and resources required to do so make it impossible.

Imagine you are storing money in one of those Swiss vaults deep inside a mountain. The idiots on this thread trying to scare people with their FUD would make an argument such as:

"Your money is at great risk! All someone has to do is pay off every single guard inside the mountain, circumvent the alarm system and walk straight out the door with your funds". Their arguments are laughable. In fact, they aren't even arguments at all, they are just straight up talking out their asses  Grin

cr1pton00b

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:56:07 PM

Actually it took me a single read of the paper and some reading in the source code to notice the flaw. Some people in the development section of discord proposed to store a trusted set of nodes hardcoded in the client. This makes the voting system useless, since you need the approval of only the trusted nodes. I repeat, this is just bitcoin without the bitcoin secure algorithm, you are believing in a false god.

Percocet and Cyra, i bet you are one of those few people who own more than 1M coins and could potentially ezploit the network : >
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 05:01:49 PM

You are dreaming.  Here we have a thread where gmaxwell and other inveterate cryptocurrency developers point out that XRB in inherently insecure.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1219264  These problems cannot be ignored and no serious exchange can list a coin like this (suicide).

You better let Kucoin and Binance know your findings since they are about to list XRB. Hopefully your garbage dumpster still has internet access.

These are not serious exchanges.

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 05:03:14 PM

Actually it took me a single read of the paper and some reading in the source code to notice the flaw. Some people in the development section of discord proposed to store a trusted set of nodes hardcoded in the client. This makes the voting system useless, since you need the approval of only the trusted nodes. I repeat, this is just bitcoin without the bitcoin secure algorithm, you are believing in a false god.

Percocet and Cyra, i bet you are one of those few people who own more than 1M coins and could potentially ezploit the network : >

+1  XRB isn't decentralized and can join the ranks of the USD and Ripple.

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
fracas

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

Multiversum

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 05:10:02 PM

+1  XRB isn't decentralized and can join the ranks of the USD and Ripple.

True story. Trusting representatives is the same as trusting central banksters.

Moreover it has been premined 100% and for most given to developers\creators (with coin burn they have an absolute power) and the part not given to few people was given trough flawed-hacked faucets (thousands of videos on youtube proving working BOTs\hacks to obtain XRBs) that all pointed to the same 4-5 addresses (so oligarchy at its worst).

People doesn't care about reality, for example the fact that this coin is here since years and not a single serious exchange noticed its potentiality (not existent because of the lack in security) and the only one who did (Cryptopia, not serious anyway) delisted it after just few weeks of trading.

They couldn't code a decent wallet, neither website, they had the worst budget-bugged exchange (after years of trading they hadn't noticed the flaws or they used it maybe). Many people have become rich, sure, but that's all.

It seems this is the time of not serious coins, like Verge and this.

█≣≣≣MULTIVERSUM≣≣≣█▐4th GenerationRelational BlockchainPre-ICO-Starts on 01 March,2018 until 31 March 2018
        WHITE PAPER                  ANN THREAD                                        3rd part blockchain applications infrastructure
✔     Reddit     ✔     Medium     ✔     Facebook          Telegram     ✔     Twitter     ✔
CyraxMax

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 05:18:43 PM

If you are new to Bitcointalk you may not realize how things work around here. Ask yourself this - why would someone who states that Raiblocks is crap/a pump and dump/full of flaws, etc. keep coming on here posting the same thing over and over again even though it has already been addressed numerous times before? Because they care about noobs and want to protect them from the big bad Raiblocks dev stealing their money? LOL, I think not.

1) Usually the person posting the FUD is actually holding the coin they are bashing - they make negative posts in an attempt to drive down the price so they can buy more.

2) They may also be holding a competing coin (IOTA for example) and they are angry that another coin has taken the spotlight away from them. You can spot people in this group as they will often have a signature advertising another coin or they will shill it directly in their post.

3) Pure saltiness. This forum has really gone downhill over the years and it is now filled with desperate, salty children who are angry that they missed the boat.

The world is full of toxic people who cannot accomplish anything on their own so they try to make themselves feel better by attacking other people's accomplishments. Ignore them and DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH!
petr87

Activity: 54

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 05:19:32 PM

Grin Grin Grin
sboz

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 05:22:35 PM

If an attacker succeeds to put himself between a merchant and the RaiBlocks network he can just filter the double spending payment packets, and the merchant will never know that he is receiving a double spending. The Raiblocks network will discard that payment while the merchant will accept it.

https://s18.postimg.org/7pnm6yweh/doublespend.png

Couldn't the same MitM attack be used in a bitcoin transaction? Connect to all the peers of a merchant and mine 6 blocks containing the double spend while filtering out all longer blocks so the merchant accepts the transaction as valid.

No, because if you MITM a bitcoin merchant, you still have to mine 6 blocks with the difficulty bit set by the real network. And the difficulty only decrease by 1/4 every 2015 blocks. It will be impossible for an attacker to have such power.

Of course an attacker can mine 6 blocks. It will take more than an hour but it doesn’t matter because all longer block chains are being filtered out. With 5% hashpower, an attacker could do it in a reasonable amount of time.
fracas

Multiversum

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 05:30:34 PM
Last edit: January 01, 2018, 05:48:02 PM by fracas

From Whitepaper:
"RaiBlocks is a trustless..."

A lie after just three words:
- https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@coinfund/explaining-blockchain-how-proof-of-work-enables-trustless-consensus
- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1799665.60
- https://www.bitcoinbeginner.com/blog/raiblocks-needs-proof-of-stake/
- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2672512.0
- https://steemit.com/raiblocks/@selfdrivingsandp/security-thoughts-on-raiblocks
- https://raiblocks.net/page/representatives.php (the Official Representatives control 56% of the representation of all RaiBlocks)

IOTA coordinator = ByteBall trusted peers = RaiBlocks representatives = TOTAL CENTRALIZATION of consensus so of your coins.

Now tell me please, XRB works without having to trust representatives, right?

Game over.

█≣≣≣MULTIVERSUM≣≣≣█▐4th GenerationRelational BlockchainPre-ICO-Starts on 01 March,2018 until 31 March 2018
        WHITE PAPER                  ANN THREAD                                        3rd part blockchain applications infrastructure
✔     Reddit     ✔     Medium     ✔     Facebook          Telegram     ✔     Twitter     ✔
cr1pton00b

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 05:34:49 PM

Couldn't the same MitM attack be used in a bitcoin transaction? Connect to all the peers of a merchant and mine 6 blocks containing the double spend while filtering out all longer blocks so the merchant accepts the transaction as valid.

No, because if you MITM a bitcoin merchant, you still have to mine 6 blocks with the difficulty bit set by the real network. And the difficulty only decrease by 1/4 every 2015 blocks. It will be impossible for an attacker to have such power.

Of course an attacker can mine 6 blocks. It will take more than an hour but it doesn’t matter because all longer block chains are being filtered out. With 5% hashpower, an attacker could do it in a reasonable amount of time.

No. Try to solve a block by yourself with your PC. It will take years. You cannot change the difficulty of the blockchain even if you MITM
CyraxMax

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 05:49:57 PM

Blacklisted users that are here to spread FUD:

fracas: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1018688;sa=showPosts
xibeijan: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=110938;sa=showPosts
djpitagora: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1264506;sa=showPosts
cr1pton00b: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1557981;sa=showPosts

read their past posts and decide for yourself.
This is a coordinated attack against XRB and we need to stop this shit show.
sboz

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 05:50:45 PM

No. Try to solve a block by yourself with your PC. It will take years. You cannot change the difficulty of the blockchain even if you MITM

I understand that the difficulty is not changing.  An attacker can own more than one PC, for example if one of the top 10 mining pools in China decides to perform this attack, or gets compromised by a hacker.
fracas

Multiversum

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 05:51:33 PM

xibeijan: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=110938;sa=showPosts
djpitagora: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1264506;sa=showPosts
cr1pton00b: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1557981;sa=showPosts

Blacklisted by who? Who are you? Can't we say our opinion? This sounds really nazi. But what to expect... censor everyone tells anything different so people don't get the point.

Come on, tell me this is FUD too:
- http://boards.4chan.org/biz/thread/5647016/holy-shit-xrb-scam-detected

ex-nihilo

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 05:53:14 PM

Why RaiBlocks is not secure.

[...]

[...]

This kind of FUD can be done to every cryptocurrency. So once and for all :
Every cryptocurrency, every online bank is vulnerable to Mitm attacks, if such attack successfully happens.
Example for bitcoin: If a hacker successfully performs a Mitm attack between a buyer and seller, he can just give to the buyer his own bitcoin address instead of the seller's. End of the story. And there are a myriad of more sophisticated attacks depending on whether you have a temporary or persistant Mitm attack.
Fortunately, Mitm attacks (over ssh) are rare, difficult and simply not accessible to the vast majority. They can still happen though and countermeasures (such as ssl pinning) are outside of the scope of crypto currencies underlying technology.
Basically if you are afraid of Mitm attacks, don't open a bank account, don't use any crypto currency, or better, don't use internet (or LANs) and make payments only in cash.

This is 100% correct. It is a common FUD technique to state extreme "edge cases" like they are common occurrences so you have posts like "this coin is not secure - all an attacker has to do is gain control of the majority of the voting delegates". LMFAO

If it is so easy, why hasn't it happened yet? It would be much easier for this kind of attack to occur early on in a coin's life before more nodes come online. Raiblocks has been running for over 2 years straight - why hasn't anyone exploited these "flaws" yet?

Because the time, money and resources required to do so make it impossible.

Imagine you are storing money in one of those Swiss vaults deep inside a mountain. The idiots on this thread trying to scare people with their FUD would make an argument such as:

"Your money is at great risk! All someone has to do is pay off every single guard inside the mountain, circumvent the alarm system and walk straight out the door with your funds". Their arguments are laughable. In fact, they aren't even arguments at all, they are just straight up talking out their asses  Grin

Indeed. He starts by saying "If an attacker succeeds to put himself between a merchant and the RaiBlocks network he can ... ".
Well, I say : Hold your horses cow-boy, if you successfully performed a Mitm attack, then you have already won, no matter the crypto currency or bank. For example, you can just replace all bitcoin, xrb, eth, ... addresses where your victim wants to send funds by yours.
percocet

Activity: 222
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 05:58:50 PM

Blacklisted by who? Who are you? Can't we say our opinion? This sounds really nazi. But what to expect... censor everyone tells anything different so people don't get the point.

Come on, tell me this is FUD too:
- http://boards.4chan.org/biz/thread/5647016/holy-shit-xrb-scam-detected

Ah ok, now I understand... you get your crypto advice from 4chan. That explains everything LMFAO
Pages: « 1 ... 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 [475] 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 ... 639 »
  Print  

Jump to: