Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:22:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 [478] 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 ... 639 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XRB]Cryptocurrency's killer app: RaiBlocks micropayments  (Read 774982 times)
Neversettle

Activity: 308
Merit: 13

ZetoChain - ACCELERATING BLOCKCHAIN FOR THE SUPPLY

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:36:24 AM

I am sure it's a coincidence the only ones talking good about Bitgrail have just registered on the forum.

Well hopefully everything settles with a bigger exachange

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zakhal

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

I love crypto

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:37:52 AM

It seems withdrawal/deposit issues are related to XRB in Bitgrail. Ive done countless deposits there with Litecoin and everyhing has went ok. Maybe its best to use Litecoin for deposit/withdrawal.
fracas

Activity: 392

Multiversum

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:42:43 AM

It seems withdrawal/deposit issues are related to XRB in Bitgrail. Ive done countless deposits there with Litecoin and everyhing has went ok. Maybe its best to use Litecoin for deposit/withdrawal.

This is just absurd. $XRB is their native crypto, how can they have most problems there?

█≣≣≣MULTIVERSUM≣≣≣█▐4th GenerationRelational BlockchainPre-ICO-Starts on 01 March,2018 until 31 March 2018
        WHITE PAPER                  ANN THREAD                                        3rd part blockchain applications infrastructure
✔     Reddit     ✔     Medium     ✔     Facebook          Telegram     ✔     Twitter     ✔
Guaresneider

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:53:46 AM

I am sure it's a coincidence the only ones talking good about Bitgrail have just registered on the forum.

Correct, Im new so what?...'cause Im new can't give other users my positive experience with Bitgrail?... Undecided

Great exchange! I transferred some bitcoin to BitGrail: arrived in few minutes.

Bought some RaiBlocks from BitGrail: got them in few minutes, very low fees.

Transferred RaiBlocks from BitGrail to a Rai Wallet: arrived in few minutes.

Great exchange: does the job perfectly, it is quick and no ID verification required.-

Ciao!
Zakhal

Activity: 280

I love crypto

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 08:07:58 AM

This is just absurd. $XRB is their native crypto, how can they have most problems there?
It might be justscaling issues caused by the insane volume that Bitgrail has faced recently. It seems its related to transfers with "processing" status. They are working on it.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 08:34:46 AM

I am far from new and used Bitgrail for the first time last night. Bitcon deposits went smooth, but was closer to 3 confirmations and not two for deposit. Wirhdrawing Raiblocks took 10 minutes or so.

Some of the buy orders ran away from me but not complaining now. ;-)

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
percocet

Activity: 222
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 08:59:03 AM

Guys, as a huge XRB supporter I will be the first to admit that Bitgrail has all sorts of issues. I never used it myself - I built my stack by buying on Mercatox.

But here's the thing - it has already been confirmed that XRB will be added to Kucoin and it will be added to Binance as well because it currently has a huge lead in the voting. This is huge - Binance is the new #1 exchange ever since Bittrex started demanding verification!

So look at the huge interest and volume currently on Raiblocks being on just 2 crap exchanges.... what do you think is going to happen when it is added to Binance?! Sure, there will be some profit taking but the buy pressure far outweighs the sell pressure! XRB is going to explode higher even more, mark my words!

So my recommendation to any newcomers would be to have your BTC ready to go for the opening on Kucoin or Binance, whichever comes first. Pray for an initial selloff which could provide a brief dip in price and then buy like there is no tomorrow!

You will have to be quick though as even if there is a complete crash in price it will not last long based on the previous corrections.
djpitagora

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 09:21:00 AM

Why RaiBlocks is not secure.

[...]
5. The Man in the Middle attack.

If an attacker succeeds to put himself between a merchant and the RaiBlocks network he can just filter the double spending payment packets, and the merchant will never know that he is receiving a double spending. The Raiblocks network will discard that payment while the merchant will accept it.

[...]

This kind of FUD can be done to every cryptocurrency. So once and for all :
Every cryptocurrency, every online bank is vulnerable to Mitm attacks, if such attack successfully happens.
Example for bitcoin: If a hacker successfully performs a Mitm attack between a buyer and seller, he can just give to the buyer his own bitcoin address instead of the seller's. End of the story. And there are a myriad of more sophisticated attacks depending on whether you have a temporary or persistant Mitm attack.
Fortunately, Mitm attacks (over ssh) are rare, difficult and simply not accessible to the vast majority. They can still happen though and countermeasures (such as ssl pinning) are outside of the scope of crypto currencies underlying technology.
Basically if you are afraid of Mitm attacks, don't open a bank account, don't use any crypto currency, or better, don't use internet (or LANs) and make payments only in cash.

This is 100% correct. It is a common FUD technique to state extreme "edge cases" like they are common occurrences so you have posts like "this coin is not secure - all an attacker has to do is gain control of the majority of the voting delegates". LMFAO

If it is so easy, why hasn't it happened yet? It would be much easier for this kind of attack to occur early on in a coin's life before more nodes come online. Raiblocks has been running for over 2 years straight - why hasn't anyone exploited these "flaws" yet?

Because the time, money and resources required to do so make it impossible.

Imagine you are storing money in one of those Swiss vaults deep inside a mountain. The idiots on this thread trying to scare people with their FUD would make an argument such as:

"Your money is at great risk! All someone has to do is pay off every single guard inside the mountain, circumvent the alarm system and walk straight out the door with your funds". Their arguments are laughable. In fact, they aren't even arguments at all, they are just straight up talking out their asses  Grin

Well BTC is not vulnerable to the same attack, because of the blockchain and 6 confirmations. What rail is essentially is BTC without the blockchain. That's where the double spend protection has been lost.

And no, it's not that hard to pull a MITM attack. With some DNS poisoning you could do this to an exchange and to empty their wallet. No wonder good exchanges won't accept railblock. They'd have to be crazy to do so.
percocet

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 09:58:38 AM

[...]

If an attacker succeeds to put himself between a merchant and the RaiBlocks network he can just filter the double spending payment packets, and the merchant will never know that he is receiving a double spending. The Raiblocks network will discard that payment while the merchant will accept it.

[...]

Every cryptocurrency, every online bank is vulnerable to Mitm attacks, if such attack successfully happens.
Example for bitcoin: If a hacker successfully performs a Mitm attack between a buyer and seller, he can just give to the buyer his own bitcoin address instead of the seller's. End of the story. And there are a myriad of more sophisticated attacks depending on whether you have a temporary or persistant Mitm attack.
Fortunately, Mitm attacks (over ssh) are rare, difficult and simply not accessible to the vast majority. They can still happen though and countermeasures (such as ssl pinning) are outside of the scope of crypto currencies underlying technology.
Basically if you are afraid of Mitm attacks, don't open a bank account, don't use any crypto currency, or better, don't use internet (or LANs) and make payments only in cash.

This is 100% correct. It is a common FUD technique to state extreme "edge cases" like they are common occurrences so you have posts like "this coin is not secure - all an attacker has to do is gain control of the majority of the voting delegates". LMFAO

If it is so easy, why hasn't it happened yet? It would be much easier for this kind of attack to occur early on in a coin's life before more nodes come online. Raiblocks has been running for over 2 years straight - why hasn't anyone exploited these "flaws" yet?

Imagine you are storing money in one of those Swiss vaults deep inside a mountain. The idiots on this thread trying to scare people with their FUD would make an argument such as:

"Your money is at great risk! All someone has to do is pay off every single guard inside the mountain, circumvent the alarm system and walk straight out the door with your funds". Their arguments are laughable. In fact, they aren't even arguments at all, they are just straight up talking out their asses  Grin

Well BTC is not vulnerable to the same attack, because of the blockchain and 6 confirmations. What rail is essentially is BTC without the blockchain. That's where the double spend protection has been lost.

And no, it's not that hard to pull a MITM attack. With some DNS poisoning you could do this to an exchange and to empty their wallet. No wonder good exchanges won't accept railblock. They'd have to be crazy to do so.

Damn you are so ignorant that I do not know why I bother to respond to you. You come on here day after day talking out your ass and posting the same garbage over and over again.

Raiblocks is about to be added to Binance, the new #1 exchange now that Bittrex demands verification.

Stop showing your ignorance and go back to school little boy.

PS - If this attack is so easy to pull off as you say, please go ahead and do so or tell the dev how you would do it so you can collect the bounty. Oh that's right, you are full of shit.
Byte16

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 10:41:23 AM

Daily update of data.ldb (save Seed, check Guide & Readme if you are going to use it to speed up 1st wallet sync!)
Now for version 9.0!
https://yadi.sk/d/fcZgyES73Jzj5T
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sP1z9S011f1W_0nK1KJ-UCJbjaNmk8GQ?usp=sharing

RaiBlocks_Win64_2018_01_02_07.7z (for version 9.0)   
SHA1: E903C1F51D1FFB6E8F0F9C9E6E6AE63AD4379020     
SHA256: FFD4EE204F37D90151875ED4E1613B8F12FFA87048C2D403953BD470EACF563D   

RaiBlocks_Linux64_2018_01_02_10.7z (for version 9.0)   
SHA1: 3FA3A69CA1EE48CC3DEE0E8AB9FAD0C5B8A5AAD5     
SHA256: 1E5B00D1D1F4149FB35F6D080E35BF214CCA0C24A3208558D0E0E1FE1D657DDC   

kryptobrother

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:03:50 AM

Hey guys,

I have the following problem. I downloaded the desktop wallet for Raiblock, installed it and synced blocks. Have then made a test payment. The coin has arrived "not". The following error: "Receiving, pending deposit to balance. Make sure Wallet is open and all blocks are downloaded." I did everything. I just did not work. Have the seed stored in the hope, when I reinstall the wallet, bring the thing back to work. No way! Now there is a next problem: he confirms that the seed has been imported, but the rest is still at zero and the old address is still not available!? I really do not know what to do anymore Sad Status: Running Block: 4700183 (867)

Who can help me please?
ex-nihilo

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:32:14 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2018, 12:53:49 PM by ex-nihilo

[...]

https://s18.postimg.org/7pnm6yweh/doublespend.png
[...]

"Your money is at great risk! All someone has to do is pay off every single guard inside the mountain, circumvent the alarm system and walk straight out the door with your funds". Their arguments are laughable. In fact, they aren't even arguments at all, they are just straight up talking out their asses  Grin

You don't understand. You take the "confirmation" angle since XRB and BTC have different approaches on this aspect. But if you successfully performed a Mitm attack, there are a myriad of other ways to exploit [insert your favorite crypto currency or bank] system. A simple example for BTC is : the attacker intercepts deposit BTC addresses and replaces them with his own addresses. Same with any crypto. And every online bank is vulnerable AFTER a successful Mitm attack. That's why they place countermeasures such as SSL pinning, not to be vulnerable to Mitm attacks in the first place. But even then, this is not always enough. For example : https://thehackernews.com/2017/12/mitm-ssl-pinning-hostname.html

As I said earlier, if you successfully performed a Mitm attack, you have already won, no matter the crypto currency or bank.
Verethraghna

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:37:05 PM

I think the developers should team up with the Stone dev and combine great idea's, create two of the best DAG, zero fee based coins, Stone can be litecoin to Raiblock's Bitcoin. If your interested in supporting DAG based chains, jump over to the Stone thread and show your support: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2581762.0

I read that he already scam two times. please check there
I think better to support XRB

can you explain more about the 'scam two times'?  Shocked
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:44:45 PM

Can sombody answer me few questions regarding RailBlocks?

As I have understood everyone on every node have it's own representation of blockchain. Which means that network  only knows balance of each user. Does this mean that transactions are somewhat private and unaccessable to the public but only balances of wallets are?

Is it possible that I "extract" my blockchain and share it accross multiple devices?

Thanks for further answers.
Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:39:40 PM

Developers are very active at discord, www.chat.raiblocks.net there you can clear your doubts about the coin, faster then here. And wow raiblocks growed a lot and it might get listed at binance as well, good work guys, 2018 will be the year of Raiblocks, keep the good work, i might be a bit outdated, there is no newsletter coming into the next days Huh Would be good some kind of resume of what is coming, and is amazing to see this coin finally getting attention.
themathiasmiller

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:46:59 PM

I have just discovered a curious thing, Bittrex listed and immediately removed XRB in past times:
- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1381323.2000

During Bittrex testing XRB chain went down 2 days. So the exchange decided to remove the coin immediately. Of course no dev even mentioned it.

Fracas got it wrong again, dude c'mon do your research before you post something like this on here, saying that the dev never mentioned it, is just wrong mate, the dev mentioned it frequently on slack, they've all told us way before that the reason bittrex isn't adding this coin on their exchange yet is because of the flawed wallet, that's why the devs are working on the wallet, they're developing the wallet to avoid problems that bittrex was having when the coin was first listed on there. I think you should join the raiblocks discord group mate, you'll discover that most of the problems that you're addressing, are already being talked about in the slack group and the dev is really working to eliminate these problems, that's one of the reason why the dev decided to develop this project full time. The price didn't skyrocket out of nothing, the price skyrocket because one by one these problems are already being solved. It's kind of funny that most people that are spreading hate on this thread don't even know this project's full story lol.

ARAW
The Decentralised 
Payment
for E-Commerce Ecosystem
███████████████████████████
██████████████▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████████░░░░░░░████████
███████████░░░░▄███████████
███████████░░░░████████████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄▄▄░░░░▄▄▄█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄████████████
█████░████████▀░░░░▀▀▄█████
█████░░▀▀████░░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░▄█████████
████▄▀░░░░░░░░▄▄███████████
████▀░░▀███████████████████
████▄░░▄███████████████████
████░░░░██░░░░▀░░░░░░▀█████
████░░░░██░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀████
████░░░░██░░░░█████░░░░████
Verethraghna

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:49:05 PM

I have just discovered a curious thing, Bittrex listed and immediately removed XRB in past times:

During Bittrex testing XRB chain went down 2 days. So the exchange decided to remove the coin immediately. Of course no dev even mentioned it.

Fracas got it wrong again, dude c'mon do your research before you post something like this on here, saying that the dev never mentioned it, is just wrong mate, the dev mentioned it frequently on slack, they've all told us way before that the reason bittrex isn't adding this coin on their exchange yet is because of the flawed wallet, that's why the devs are working on the wallet, they're developing the wallet to avoid problems that bittrex was having when the coin was first listed on there. I think you should join the raiblocks discord group mate, you'll discover that most of the problems that you're addressing, are already being talked about in the slack group and the dev is really working to eliminate these problems, that's one of the reason why the dev decided to develop this project full time. The price didn't skyrocket out of nothing, the price skyrocket because one by one these problems are already being solved. It's kind of funny that most people that are spreading hate on this thread don't even know this project's full story lol.

thank you again for clearing things up... I almost got taken by the FUD spread here
CyraxMax

Activity: 139

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:31:57 PM

To all newcomers to Raiblocks

If you are new to Bitcointalk you may not realize how things work around here. Ask yourself this - why would someone who states that Raiblocks is crap/a pump and dump/full of flaws, etc. keep coming on here posting the same thing over and over again even though it has already been addressed numerous times before? Because they care about noobs and want to protect them from the big bad Raiblocks dev stealing their money? LOL, I think not.

There are 3 reasons for these FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt) posts:

1) Usually the person posting the FUD is actually holding the coin they are bashing - they make negative posts in an attempt to drive down the price so they can buy more.

2) They may also be holding a competing coin (IOTA for example) and they are angry that another coin has taken the spotlight away from them. You can spot people in this group as they will often have a signature advertising another coin or they will shill it directly in their post.

3) Pure saltiness. This forum has really gone downhill over the years and it is now filled with desperate, salty children who are angry that they missed the boat.

The world is full of toxic people who cannot accomplish anything on their own so they try to make themselves feel better by attacking other people's accomplishments. Ignore them and DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH!
percocet

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:45:30 PM

thank you again for clearing things up... I almost got taken by the FUD spread here

That was their plan Verethraghna - I am glad that you didn’t fall for it. This is why I have been taking the time to come on here to point out the true nature of these people.

ALWAYS DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH and to be honest, Bitcointalk isn’t the place to do it because of all the idiots and FUDsters. You will find better information on the Raiblocks Discord or Reddit thread.
CyraxMax

Activity: 139

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:49:44 PM

I think the developers should team up with the Stone dev and combine great idea's, create two of the best DAG, zero fee based coins, Stone can be litecoin to Raiblock's Bitcoin. If your interested in supporting DAG based chains, jump over to the Stone thread and show your support: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2581762.0

I read that he already scam two times. please check there
I think better to support XRB

can you explain more about the 'scam two times'?  Shocked

Basically, some veteran members have recognized the MO of a old and known member of the bitcointalk that did multiple scams and the STONE project seems to be just that.
A scam alert thread has been opened here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2677524
The STONE "project" thread its heavily moderated by the scammer, he deletes the posts that reveal this project for what it is.
Now the thread is locked, no new posts can be made.
Pages: « 1 ... 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 [478] 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 ... 639 »
  Print  

Jump to: