Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:03:47 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 [236] 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 ... 559 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XRP] Ripple Speculation  (Read 636993 times)
MemberBerries

Activity: 1099
Merit: 267

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:48:09 AM

Banks were dropping out! No more Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Nab, Cross River Bank, SHRB, Star One Credit Union etc in Ripple website.

Look at this image

- it's a screenshot of the same page on Ripple website (now removed) in June, July and August 2017.

Some replies:
- You can still see the archive of the page on Bing not for long I guess:
http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=https%3a%2f%2fripple.com%2fsolutions%2f&d=4935632070379674&mkt=fr-FR&setlang=fr-FR&w=JQUy2AH2yYfEd1Qh_buM_IkNA7YSHkPq

- I think OP is right, they have deleted Youtube content also:
https://twitter.com/XRPedia/status/807606270383505409
I had the original video (talking with SHRB) but can't find it now.

I copied all the above from source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Ripple/comments/6wyzag/for_ripple_believers_real_adoption_by_banks/

Don't play with banks... you'll get burnt. Ripple knows that.

Now, on a more serious note: XRP is not here to replace bank legders or internal systems. It is waaay too expensive for that.
XRP has value in interbanking operations: connecting banks together.
That is why they speak with GOVERNMENTS, not banks.
It may become a global protocol for interbank exchanges, at a massive scale (= becomes bigger than BTC in MarketCap, small probability)... or just get f**k*d in the a** by the banking system and the governments (most probable)

Good luck. XRP is a moonshot today. A huge one... but still a moonshot.

Six of the world's biggest banks: Barclays, Credit Suisse, Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, HSBC, MUFG and State Street are teaming up with UBS for a digital currency project called "utility settlement coin," it's an idea that's been around since 2015, but it's now moving into a new phase of development. They are in discussions with central banks and regulators. Work on the next phase of the project — the last before a live implementation — will include six members revealed today, Barclays, CIBC, Credit Suisse, HSBC, MUFG and State Street, building alongside founding financial institutions UBS, BNY Mellon, Deutsche Bank, Santander, NEX and blockchain startup Clearmatics.

Source 1: https://www.coindesk.com/hsbc-barclays-join-utility-settlement-coin-as-bank-blockchain-test-enters-final-phase/

Source 2: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/six-big-banks-join-blockchain-081514305.html

Source 3: http://www.nasdaq.com/article/six-big-banks-join-blockchain-digital-cash-settlement-project-20170831-00157

Existing Ripple clients: UBS, MUFG and CIBC might be dropping out (from Ripple) anytime after the announcement.

Awesome.  That means XRP will bridge every houseown coin of every bank. Thats very good news.

Now it makes sense why japan will use XRP at the start of 2018 for domestic payments(because no bank trusts the other banks)  This is huge.
Daagle23

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 11:02:55 AM

Guys you think they need for that XRP?

Because I have read some weeks ago that Banks would create his own coin in 2018 like Credit Suisse.
MemberBerries

Activity: 1099
Merit: 267

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 11:33:53 AM

See answer above. Don't repeat things posted 100 times
Rapidgator

Activity: 509
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 11:42:51 AM

See answer above. Don't repeat things posted 100 times

Don't be rude please
you can tell him bit politely  Wink
vsyc

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 12:30:50 PM

Banks were dropping out! No more Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Nab, Cross River Bank, SHRB, Star One Credit Union etc in Ripple website.

Look at this image

- it's a screenshot of the same page on Ripple website (now removed) in June, July and August 2017.

Some replies:
- You can still see the archive of the page on Bing not for long I guess:
http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=https%3a%2f%2fripple.com%2fsolutions%2f&d=4935632070379674&mkt=fr-FR&setlang=fr-FR&w=JQUy2AH2yYfEd1Qh_buM_IkNA7YSHkPq

- I think OP is right, they have deleted Youtube content also:
https://twitter.com/XRPedia/status/807606270383505409
I had the original video (talking with SHRB) but can't find it now.

I copied all the above from source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Ripple/comments/6wyzag/for_ripple_believers_real_adoption_by_banks/

Don't play with banks... you'll get burnt. Ripple knows that.

Now, on a more serious note: XRP is not here to replace bank legders or internal systems. It is waaay too expensive for that.
XRP has value in interbanking operations: connecting banks together.
That is why they speak with GOVERNMENTS, not banks.
It may become a global protocol for interbank exchanges, at a massive scale (= becomes bigger than BTC in MarketCap, small probability)... or just get f**k*d in the a** by the banking system and the governments (most probable)

Good luck. XRP is a moonshot today. A huge one... but still a moonshot.

Six of the world's biggest banks: Barclays, Credit Suisse, Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, HSBC, MUFG and State Street are teaming up with UBS for a digital currency project called "utility settlement coin," it's an idea that's been around since 2015, but it's now moving into a new phase of development. They are in discussions with central banks and regulators. Work on the next phase of the project — the last before a live implementation — will include six members revealed today, Barclays, CIBC, Credit Suisse, HSBC, MUFG and State Street, building alongside founding financial institutions UBS, BNY Mellon, Deutsche Bank, Santander, NEX and blockchain startup Clearmatics.

Source 1: https://www.coindesk.com/hsbc-barclays-join-utility-settlement-coin-as-bank-blockchain-test-enters-final-phase/

Source 2: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/six-big-banks-join-blockchain-081514305.html

Source 3: http://www.nasdaq.com/article/six-big-banks-join-blockchain-digital-cash-settlement-project-20170831-00157

Existing Ripple clients: UBS, MUFG and CIBC might be dropping out (from Ripple) anytime after the announcement.

Would you mind to explain why? I hope its not just because you saw three things in article like: Banks, coin and settlement?
bmiller315

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 02:13:47 PM

XRP is the only coin where people immediately point to news articles when on the topic of price speculation. So let's look at it as though it were any other coin. Let's look at the chart. Objective. Inarguable. Concrete.

https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/xrp/charts/USD?e=CCCAGG&bc=VT&ci2=EMA50

I accessed this chart at 9:55 (ET) on 31 August 2017, so if you look at it hours or days later please spare me your hypercritical comments about what has not happened yet at the time I am writing this.

XRP's price historically responds to one thing, and one thing only: trading volume. This was true in May of 2017 when the price of XRP reached its all-time high of around $0.40, and it has been true this past week or two then the price saw significant gains followed by a correction. As the trading volume inevitably drops off after a spike, the price begins a pattern of reversal. What is important here is to look at two things:

1. After the most recent spike in volume and correlating spike in price, the trading volume dropped back to normal levels*. The price did decrease from its peak, and significantly, BUT it did not drop back down to the previous critical support level around $0.15. This means that the recent price spike actually did help the overall health of the coin, and has left XRP in a better position to make further gains down the road.

*Yes, the daily volume of XRP has increased slightly from where it was in the months prior to this recent spike - but this is due to the increased availability of XRP on international exchanges (e.g. South Korea), and there is no reason to assume that this is not going to be the new normal.

2. In the past 2 days, the volume has decreased to normal levels, yet the price of XRP has continued to rise, albeit slowly. In spite of people on here screaming about banks dropping out and XRP being a fake coin, the price is still rising, and I find that pretty difficult to argue with. (for the record, I am an American, but please realize that Bank of America is not the only player in this game....XRP can succeed incredibly without the partnership of even a single US bank).

Say what you will, but I will be maintaining my death grip on my XRP, and I fully expect this to be the beginning of great things for Ripple. And if I'm wrong, BFD. I have a larger than average XRP portfolio, but not so large that my very future depends on its success.

While the crypto market has its very unique qualities, one thing is the same with all trading: You have to take your emotions out of the game. Think and act, don't react. In my opinion, this is a long-term play. Everyone wants to get rich quick on crypto currencies, but the likelihood of that happening is about the same as hitting the Powerball. Buy and HOLD! If you want to dump your XRP I invite you to do so, so that I can buy it up. Warren Buffet said it best: "The market is a device for transferring wealth from the impatient to the patient."
bassong

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 02:25:18 PM

Why is the price of this coin constantly going down. I've been monitoring it for weeks hoping to invest, but the dump scares the hell out of me.
flyingcat

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 02:33:53 PM

Why is the price of this coin constantly going down. I've been monitoring it for weeks hoping to invest, but the dump scares the hell out of me.
Because the price of Ripple has pumped to the moon in past time, when the market have mega bullish trend. If you are trader in March until today, you also know Ripple grow from @400 sat to @24,000 sat in May, so that is reason make the price of Ripple falldown and comeback to real value.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
bmiller315

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 02:44:57 PM

I don't know what chart you're looking at, but I'm seeing it grow the past few days. From $0.21 at midnight on 8/29, to $0.24 right now.
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1075

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 03:09:47 PM

Best get in asap..those walls....almost ..nom nom nom  Cool

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
bmiller315

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 03:21:43 PM

Best get in asap..those walls....almost ..nom nom nom  Cool

Eat 'em up!

Love the optimism :-)
vsyc

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 03:35:43 PM

If dudes will remove down, 7k will be reached just in couple hours.

Its a good strategy to put XRP to 0.4c while BTC is 5k, it just requires XRP be 8k, 2.9k away as of time of writing.   Roll Eyes
bmiller315

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 03:41:00 PM

If dudes will remove down, 7k will be reached just in couple hours.

Its a good strategy to put XRP to 0.4c while BTC is 5k, it just requires XRP be 8k, 2.9k away as of time of writing.   Roll Eyes

Can you elaborate? Not entirely sure what you're saying here...
RayX12

Activity: 952
Merit: 552

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 03:44:38 PM

only 700 btc left... hungry whales!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Grin Grin Grin Grin
RayX12

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 03:45:21 PM

only 700 btc left... hungry whales!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Grin Grin Grin Grin

Mother fuckers it is gone... NO MORE CHEAP COINS!   Kiss Kiss Kiss
cinchin

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 03:56:10 PM

Because the price of Ripple has pumped to the moon in past time, when the market have mega bullish trend. If you are trader in March until today, you also know Ripple grow from @400 sat to @24,000 sat in May, so that is reason make the price of Ripple falldown and comeback to real value.
- And now the ripple is showing signs of rising again with a lot of good news, especially China, they are planning and are very concerned about ripple, I do not know the information is accurate or not, but I hope this is true
- If this is true, the support of the miners will help the price of the ripple go to the moon. In October the ripple also has a big event, maybe this is the rebirth of the ripple, but all is just predictions, we need to wait for more accurate information
RayX12

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 04:14:15 PM

Price action looks good and whales trying to accumulate more cheap coins for a home run.
ebttch

Activity: 48

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 04:21:07 PM

Executive Summary from Multicoin Capital

Ripple is a blockchain protocol for inter-bank settlements. Unlike many other blockchains, Ripple is designed to work with existing institutions to facilitate the ability to quickly transact any asset globally. While the Ripple protocol has a native currency, XRP, this cryptocurrency is only required to pay transaction fees on the Ripple network. It can be used in other instances, but banks have the option to transact IOUs in any asset, including USD, EUR, and other fiat currencies, directly on the Ripple network. Ripple is primarily designed as a back-end infrastructure tool that facilitates decentralized exchange of assets between banks.

The Ripple protocol is designed and maintained by Ripple Inc., a California-based C-corporation that’s raised over $93 million in venture capital. Ripple Inc. currently holds the vast majority of XRP tokens and also maintains a great deal of control over the network, though it has outlined plans to democratize control in the future. Both of these are major risks.

We recognize that the Ripple protocol has an opportunity to displace legacy inter-bank networks, but we must distinguish between a good use for a blockchain and a good investment opportunity. We believe that the Ripple protocol satisfies the former, but that XRP does not satisfy the latter. The Ripple protocol can impact trillions of dollars of economic activity, but this commerce is unlikely to be conducted in XRP. The XRP token has little core utility beyond fee payment and is unlikely to grow in value proportional to Ripple network usage.  

Ripple Protocol Value Proposition

The Ripple network replaces the existing inter-bank exchange network with a blockchain– eliminating friction, speeding up transaction and settlement times, and greatly reducing costs. In many ways, this is a perfect use case for blockchain technology. The legacy system is slow, expensive, and error-prone; banks must coordinate transfers of value across different internal databases, making it extremely difficult to settle transactions quickly. Not only is this process slow, it adversely impacts a bank’s working capital. Banks often have to open accounts with other foreign banks and fund them with local currency (these are known as nostro accounts). This money sits idle until banks need to make a payment in that currency, creating working capital inefficiencies. Banks that can’t afford to fund many nostro accounts, or that need to make a payment in a currency for which they don’t have an account, must rely on third-party liquidity providers for that currency. Not only does this subject the banks to counterparty risk, it often requires that their capital be tied up in transit for days at a time.

Ripple allows banks to move from a system of disjointed databases to a single distributed global database, the Ripple ledger. Banks can trade IOUs for any asset with other banks that they trust, and all of the transactions are contained on a shared ledger. This gives transactions a fluidity and speed that can’t be achieved in the legacy system, and it greatly frees up working capital for banks. This solves a huge problem for financial institutions.

XRP Utility

Transaction fees must be paid in XRP, and accounts must have a minimum of 20 XRP (about $4 USD at time of publication) in their wallets in order to transact on the network. These mechanisms are designed to prevent network spam. Additionally, transaction fees are burned (they are not paid to validators), making XRP a deflationary currency. Finally, XRP can be used as a “bridge currency” for instant transactions on the Ripple network. In these instances, XRP functions much like any other blockchain-based cryptocurrency. Banks have the option to issue their own IOU-backed assets on the Ripple network, or they can send payments using XRP.

While the Ripple network allows for IOUs to be transacted quickly, globally, and on a single distributed database, these IOUs must be settled periodically with actual monetary transfers. If banks instead send payments using XRP, settlement can happen much more quickly than it does with legacy systems, as long as there is a party on each side of the transaction that is willing to either receive XRP or immediately exchange it for the preferred fiat currency. This is a major caveat, and the fundamental source of our bearishness on XRP.

XRP Risks

Cross-border settlement functionality is not inherent to XRP. Banks could just as easily use Bitcoin, Ether, DASH, or another cryptocurrency for the actual settlements. In the future, banks are most likely to conduct settlements in blockchain-based fiats or whichever cryptocurrency becomes the global reserve. We don’t believe that having a currency specifically for inter-bank settlements is a compelling, and is in fact counterproductive because it introduces unnecessary exchange risk. Banks will want to settle IOUs with widely accepted and stable global reserve cryptocurrencies. Ripple Inc. has not presented a plan for XRP to fulfill this mission.

In its current form, Ripple also faces significant centralization risk because of Ripple Inc.’s control of network servers and its ownership of the majority of XRP. Furthermore, multiple researchers have expressed uncertainty over the security of Ripple’s native consensus algorithm. These concerns and risks are detailed in our full analysis.

Conclusion

XRP currently has a network value of about $8.5 billion, excluding the 62 billion XRP that are owned by Ripple, Inc. We believe that most of this value is a result of speculation due to major partnership and customer announcements by Ripple, Inc. The company has made major progress on several fronts and continues to sign important partnerships with banks and other financial institutions around the world. We recognize the value in the service that Ripple Inc. is providing, and we believe that inter-bank settlements are one of the best use cases for blockchain technology.

However, it is important to recognize that a good use of blockchain technology does not always justify the value of a chain’s native token. In the case of XRP, we believe that the token holds little utility beyond payment of negligible fees, and thus is unlikely to maintain and build value in the long term. While we expect that XRP tokens will continue to see price spikes as Ripple Inc. makes announcements, we don’t believe that the fundamentals of the protocol will build sustained value for XRP. An investment in XRP is not an investment in Ripple Inc. The company may do well offering a useful service to banks, but XRP’s value is likely limited. For these reasons, we are bearish on XRP at current prices.

Source: https://multicoin.capital/2017/08/31/xrp2017/
ankylotic

Activity: 477
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 04:24:08 PM

Price action looks good and whales trying to accumulate more cheap coins for a home run.
Ripple is such a scam coin. Always it shows such a good time or opportunity to invest but mostly it dumb like no any other coin can. I think I have wasted my time and money both by investing in such a scam coin. Every time it looks to rise but it not.
bmiller315

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 04:32:31 PM

but mostly it dumb like no any other coin can.

What does that even mean??
Pages: « 1 ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 [236] 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 ... 559 »
  Print  

Jump to: