Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 03:03:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 [241] 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 ... 559 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XRP] Ripple Speculation  (Read 636971 times)
Hodor7777

Activity: 615
Merit: 112

It’s easy to confuse what is with what ought to be

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 02:42:37 PM

I believe that Ripple - the company - is firmly aligned with the interests of XRP investors given the facts:

• The headlines from yesterday
  • XRP Escrow lockup
  • Ripple business model
  • Former employees purchasing XRP

I talk about this in detail in my latest blog entry here:  https://xrphodor.wordpress.com/2017/09/09/ripple-is-aligned-with-xrp-investors/

Hope you enjoy
- Hodor!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Hodor7777/status/906526258514857984

vsyc

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 02:54:40 PM

i think xrp is a LONG term hold. it has to much support for it to not be.

It's not so expensive  to put  some  bucks  on ripple,  the problem is  it  worth?  How  much  can it  grown?  It's  at  billion market cap

I believe in ripple, but  the  nerds  on the   internet boicott it  because  it's  ''from banks'', i  wanna see  them cry  if  ripple  could  reach the  10$  each  one  day.

Rule#1 here on Bitcointalk: be prudent on threads about a coin that underperformed BTC. It means that investors who did not leave the boat early enough  are sore, and therefore have "discutable" views on the potential of this coin (hopes).

On a more "educated" point of view:

Truth is, the banks are leaving the XRP boat to create their own solutions... together.
And when these fuckers sign a truce agreement and start working together, it is NEVER EVER a good sign for the collateral economies...
Obviously, I do understand the banksters: why paying something worth BILLIONS, when you can create your own solution for MILLIONS.

Links to prove this point:
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-jpmorgan-r3/jpmorgan-chase-co-leaves-blockchain-consortium-r3-idUSKBN17T2T4
https://www.coindesk.com/bank-america-filed-20-blockchain-patents-already/

I could not find any prove in the links above about delusional prove that you trying to bring here. It will stay delusional until you find power to prove otherwise. You obviously do not understand how banking business work  and what are you talking about if you think that banks can replace Ripple infrastructure that was build and tested for years in due time.

3hours ago:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-r3-ripple-lawsuit/u-s-blockchain-startups-r3-and-ripple-in-legal-battle-idUSKCN1BJ27I
U.S. blockchain startups R3 Holdco LLC and Ripple Labs Inc are suing each other over an options contract to purchase Ripple’s digital currency XRP, according to lawsuits filed on Friday.
-> Strong fight coming:
R3 launched in September 2015 with the backing of nine of the world’s largest investment bank and its membership has rapidly grown to about 80 financial institutions. In May it raised $107 million from companies including Bank of America Corp (BAC.N), SBI Holdings Inc, HSBC Holdings Plc (HSBA.L) , Intel Corp (INTC.O) and Temasek Holdings. Thomson Reuters is a member of the consortium.

Ripple, which focuses on blockchain-based cross border payments, works with many large banks and is backed by firms including Standard Chartered Plc (STAN.L), Accenture Plc (ACN.N), and SBI Holdings.
Note:This one is probably is a good sign for XRP...

Fight is real, and tough.
That is why XRP is trying to pivot into a new paradigm by working with GOVERNMENTS, not banks, in order to create an innovative inter-banking solution.
This is where the value is for XRP.
I have little doubt that they will acheive it technologically. But central banking, and banking in general is a small world and being a SF based startup threatening the incumbents is not a fantastic solution. That explains why XRP speaks with countries like Thailand for instance, but these sub-par options drastically limit their mid-term potential.

Absolute nonsense, especially about technology. Also learn about Ripple and Japan.

I am trying to bring facts and I may see future comments like: << Pfffff...your name is stupid_seb so everything you say is stupid!!. Go away idiot!! >>
That would prove I aim in the right direction.

Happy to talk guys.

The only fact I see is that you nick definitely contains word "stupid" and so far it explains a lot.
stupid_seb

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 02:56:45 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2017, 03:12:48 PM by stupid_seb

i think xrp is a LONG term hold. it has to much support for it to not be.

It's not so expensive  to put  some  bucks  on ripple,  the problem is  it  worth?  How  much  can it  grown?  It's  at  billion market cap

I believe in ripple, but  the  nerds  on the   internet boicott it  because  it's  ''from banks'', i  wanna see  them cry  if  ripple  could  reach the  10$  each  one  day.

Rule#1 here on Bitcointalk: be prudent on threads about a coin that underperformed BTC. It means that investors who did not leave the boat early enough  are sore, and therefore have "discutable" views on the potential of this coin (hopes).

On a more "educated" point of view:

Truth is, the banks are leaving the XRP boat to create their own solutions... together.
And when these fuckers sign a truce agreement and start working together, it is NEVER EVER a good sign for the collateral economies...
Obviously, I do understand the banksters: why paying something worth BILLIONS, when you can create your own solution for MILLIONS.

Links to prove this point:
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-jpmorgan-r3/jpmorgan-chase-co-leaves-blockchain-consortium-r3-idUSKBN17T2T4
https://www.coindesk.com/bank-america-filed-20-blockchain-patents-already/

3hours ago:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-r3-ripple-lawsuit/u-s-blockchain-startups-r3-and-ripple-in-legal-battle-idUSKCN1BJ27I
U.S. blockchain startups R3 Holdco LLC and Ripple Labs Inc are suing each other over an options contract to purchase Ripple’s digital currency XRP, according to lawsuits filed on Friday.
-> Strong fight coming:
R3 launched in September 2015 with the backing of nine of the world’s largest investment bank and its membership has rapidly grown to about 80 financial institutions. In May it raised $107 million from companies including Bank of America Corp (BAC.N), SBI Holdings Inc, HSBC Holdings Plc (HSBA.L) , Intel Corp (INTC.O) and Temasek Holdings. Thomson Reuters is a member of the consortium.

Ripple, which focuses on blockchain-based cross border payments, works with many large banks and is backed by firms including Standard Chartered Plc (STAN.L), Accenture Plc (ACN.N), and SBI Holdings.
Note:This one is probably is a good sign for XRP...

Fight is real, and tough.
That is why XRP is trying to pivot into a new paradigm by working with GOVERNMENTS, not banks, in order to create an innovative inter-banking solution.
This is where the value is for XRP.
I have little doubt that they will acheive it technologically. But central banking, and banking in general is a small world and being a SF based startup threatening the incumbents is not a fantastic solution. That explains why XRP speaks with countries like Thailand for instance, but these sub-par options drastically limit their mid-term potential.

I am trying to bring facts and I may see future comments like: << Pfffff...your name is stupid_seb so everything you say is stupid!!. Go away idiot!! >>
That would prove I aim in the right direction.

Happy to talk guys.

how exactly does this information means good news for xrp holders? it is because even with own tools banks will need xrp to bridge with entities outside of their network?

It is not good news. It is the only way out for them imho.
Their initial market is being challenged.

Lawsuit is not Goid: R3 wants the option to buy cheap now. R3 asked the Delaware Chancery Court to uphold the deal, which would have allowed it to buy the XRP at a price of $0.0085 per token before September 2019.
They wat to use this option asap bc the price of XRP may not stay above $0.20 long.
stupid_seb

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 02:59:25 PM

The only fact I see is that you nick definitely contains word "stupid" and so far it explains a lot.

And we have a "winner" LOL.
Didn't take that long!!

Good luck... I am leaving this thread.

"XRP TO THE MOOOOON" hahahah
MemberBerries

Activity: 1099
Merit: 267

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 03:05:11 PM

Stolen from xrpchat

I actually like this development.  Cryptocurrency has long suffered a stigma of borne of its origins.  These lawsuits, no matter how they play out, legitimise XRP specifically as an asset of significant value worth fighting over.  And not just that, but of great value specifically to a banking consortium.  As for the effect on the upcoming conference, I can't see this being negative, just a talking point that ultimately works in Ripple's favour.  It's obvious to any casual observer that this is a shameless cash-grab from R3 in its death-throes.  It only makes Ripple and XRP look good, highlighting the massive rise in price from the time of the contract until now, and the legitimacy of XRP as a valuable, tangible and litigable asset.

Unfortunately it's likely the price may suffer a little in the short term, but long-term I think this may be a great piece of bad news.

Also interesting and telling - if not also amusing - to note that R3 is willing to stake almost half of it's entire capital on just buying XRP.  So let me get this straight, they raised $100 million to figure out how to revolutionise banking, and after a couple of years of doing very little, they now have to explain to their investors that the way forward is to get almost half of that investment and just buy a whole load of XRP?  So according to the R3 consortium, revolutionising banking = buying XRP?  Nice.

Oh, but they just want to sell it straight away you argue?  Well, they're limited to 50bps/day of total XRP Ledger volume.  Total XRP Ledger volume was 32m XRP today, and seems to have been around that figure for at least the past couple of months from the random dates I checked.  0.5% of that is 160,000XRP/day.  That's 58mXRP/year, or $11m worth in a year at the current prices.  In other words, if R3 wins and then immediately starts selling at the maximum amount they can, it will take them 4 years before they can even recoup their investment.  This likely means R3 believes the price of XRP will be significantly higher, and soon, or pursuing this lawsuit would make absolutely no sense.

To put it in perspective another way - at the current daily volumes, selling 5 billion XRP at 50bps/day would take more than 85 years.  That's a long way to the bank
vsyc

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 08:31:24 PM

And we have a "winner" LOL.
Didn't take that long!!

Good luck... I am leaving this thread.

"XRP TO THE MOOOOON" hahahah

Its about a time, I knew that you worthless.
RayX12

Activity: 952
Merit: 552

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 09:19:28 PM

Stolen from xrpchat

I actually like this development.  Cryptocurrency has long suffered a stigma of borne of its origins.  These lawsuits, no matter how they play out, legitimise XRP specifically as an asset of significant value worth fighting over.  And not just that, but of great value specifically to a banking consortium.  As for the effect on the upcoming conference, I can't see this being negative, just a talking point that ultimately works in Ripple's favour.  It's obvious to any casual observer that this is a shameless cash-grab from R3 in its death-throes.  It only makes Ripple and XRP look good, highlighting the massive rise in price from the time of the contract until now, and the legitimacy of XRP as a valuable, tangible and litigable asset.

Unfortunately it's likely the price may suffer a little in the short term, but long-term I think this may be a great piece of bad news.

Also interesting and telling - if not also amusing - to note that R3 is willing to stake almost half of it's entire capital on just buying XRP.  So let me get this straight, they raised $100 million to figure out how to revolutionise banking, and after a couple of years of doing very little, they now have to explain to their investors that the way forward is to get almost half of that investment and just buy a whole load of XRP?  So according to the R3 consortium, revolutionising banking = buying XRP?  Nice.

Oh, but they just want to sell it straight away you argue?  Well, they're limited to 50bps/day of total XRP Ledger volume.  Total XRP Ledger volume was 32m XRP today, and seems to have been around that figure for at least the past couple of months from the random dates I checked.  0.5% of that is 160,000XRP/day.  That's 58mXRP/year, or $11m worth in a year at the current prices.  In other words, if R3 wins and then immediately starts selling at the maximum amount they can, it will take them 4 years before they can even recoup their investment.  This likely means R3 believes the price of XRP will be significantly higher, and soon, or pursuing this lawsuit would make absolutely no sense.

To put it in perspective another way - at the current daily volumes, selling 5 billion XRP at 50bps/day would take more than 85 years.  That's a long way to the bank

The logic seems flawless here..  Grin Grin
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1075

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 02:12:31 AM

Im unsure about this tbh,
 R3 have just went from one crypto project to another without doing much themselves.

They started off with btc blockchain talk, then tried eth and now xrp.

The yrs of hard work Ripple devs and others have put in, is not worth the price R3 claim they would get XRP for.

I should be in charge of the supply,lol...ive said it before, if i had it, i wouldnt sell any for under $1  Smiley

R3 should watch what they want, this is crypto, if they hold a huge supply bought so cheap and we are not happy about it...
we could easily leave them with the coin, what use will huge supply be with low demand?
..there are many options that creative devs have given us in the past,sporks,forks, XRP could upgrade or something else.

Ray bro, heres my logic...
I trust The XRP Ripple devs and the rest of the team.
I also trust Brad...its that beard  Smiley Smiley Smiley

Interesting thing is, most of R3 investment came from banks involved with Ripple, SBI even funded R3...so maybe, just maybe its  fud...hmmm

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
bmiller315

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 03:05:14 AM

http://www.investopedia.com/news/ripple-china-central-bank-cryptocurrency/
Ripple Cryptocurrency Woos China's Central Bank
check this out

I like the content of this article (I am very bullish on XRP), but it's hard to take anyone seriously when they make frequent grammatical mistakes. I'm sure many of you have felt the same way while reading threads on this forum...
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Merit: 1075

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 03:20:26 AM

http://www.investopedia.com/news/ripple-china-central-bank-cryptocurrency/
Ripple Cryptocurrency Woos China's Central Bank
check this out

I like the content of this article (I am very bullish on XRP), but it's hard to take anyone seriously when they make frequent grammatical mistakes. I'm sure many of you have felt the same way while reading threads on this forum...
Gd link m8,

aS FoR ThE GRaMmEr# iT HAs MaNY reAsOnS = LOl

When you have a global digital currency, the users dont have many threads to read for good information, so they come here.
Most are actually impressive, being bilingual or more is a gd thing.
Then there are others that may have learning difficulties, dyslexia or something.
Then there is people that do it for fun lol
How good would your grammer be on Korean,chinese or other language threads?

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
McWorse

Activity: 618
Merit: 292

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 09:13:54 AM

In this bloody sea of red this weekend, there are only a few serious coins which are unbreakable. Guess who is a member of this small elite...? Right: The coin, which pushed its support on a constant higher level. Very, very stable for at least to weeks. Means: 8B $ invested with the strongest believe in one of the biggest and most advanced projects in crypto-world. This mc is a stable wall of hope, knowledge and a visionary way of thinking. The rocket is refueled....

YOU CAN'T EAT BLOCKCHAINS!

... better enjoy some Yummy Recipes!
RealCriptoW

Activity: 12

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:21:18 PM

Looks like the wall is getting ripped to bits  Wink
vanhalendlrband

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:59:43 PM

Looks like the wall is getting ripped to bits  Wink

5150 wall of 500 btc eaten

5200 wall of 2500+ both these walls been there for awhile and now its only 150 btc or so. If it gets eaten like 5150 did this price could go up to 5600 by a snap of a finger
RayX12

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 05:09:44 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2017, 08:32:36 PM by RayX12

Ray bro, heres my logic...
I trust The XRP Ripple devs and the rest of the team.
I also trust Brad...its that beard  Smiley Smiley Smiley

Hey bro,

Agreed the XRP team is the brightest in crypto; their accomplishments are an absolute gem.
The only reason why XRP is not on top of the Bitcoin(s) is because they cater to the banking industry and all of us hate the BANKS and know about their inflationary impoverishing economy.
So I keep saying and will say it OVER AND OVER AND OVER.
When is Ripple going to focus on other industries beside banking?
It would make sense as a hedge against BANKING COLLAPSE to have a second business branch that focus on alternative markets to gain big traction from the crypto freaks bros like ourselves.   Grin Cheesy
vanhalendlrband

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 05:13:32 PM

5200 wall back interesting
Juel rana

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 05:31:15 PM

Ripple not going anywhere, i read they where in court because their partnership with banks wasn't going well.
carlisle1

Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 05:36:12 PM

its really a matter of survival for those who still believes that ripple will still bounce back up again and make 10k sat and up, it would be an interesting
week for ripple and if that wall breaks I think it will start pumping again, just crossing my fingers now.
vanhalendlrband

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 05:53:33 PM

its really a matter of survival for those who still believes that ripple will still bounce back up again and make 10k sat and up, it would be an interesting
week for ripple and if that wall breaks I think it will start pumping again, just crossing my fingers now.

Did you see that? this might get interesting here
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 08:17:59 PM

Price got back up very fast  Cool
RayX12

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:45:48 PM

Did you see that? this might get interesting here

This seller is pissing me off... Same shit.. over and over and over...
I am getting out of this train right here... Something is smelling fishy.
good luck to all.
I will wait to buy lower... rinse and repeat.
Pages: « 1 ... 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 [241] 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 ... 559 »
  Print  

Jump to: