Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:03:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 2139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WAVES. Ultimate crypto-tokens blockchain platform.  (Read 2389091 times)
e6ug

Activity: 773
Merit: 508

Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 09:50:31 PM

WOW!  Things are moving fast.

TorinT

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 09:51:37 PM

guys,
when will waves be out on exchange?

tnx!
looks great!
Ico on exchange? we are still waiting for Waves ICO yet! ICO will start the 12 april..buy the ICO the 12th april  or you will cry later!

I know about the ICO, is there an estimation for the date in which the coins will be out on exchanges?

The goal is to enable investors to withdraw their tokens to their Waves address right after the ICO or the same directly to the exchange.

In this case I will avoid the ico and will wait the first serious dump which will be right after ico's end. Smiley
mxxxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 10:04:19 PM

guys,
when will waves be out on exchange?

tnx!
looks great!
Ico on exchange? we are still waiting for Waves ICO yet! ICO will start the 12 april..buy the ICO the 12th april  or you will cry later!

I know about the ICO, is there an estimation for the date in which the coins will be out on exchanges?

The goal is to enable investors to withdraw their tokens to their Waves address right after the ICO or the same directly to the exchange.

In this case I will avoid the ico and will wait the first serious dump which will be right after ico's end. Smiley

I will use the token first on the Waves asset exchange where other new projects will be trading with it Smiley I think it is important to enable investors to use their tokens at once.

sasha35625 (OP)

Activity: 589
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 10:06:16 PM

https://blog.wavesplatform.com/we-re-starting-a-new-cryptocurrency-and-we-don-t-want-it-to-be-used-as-currency-1de1bec402c0#.jjq0dv7qp

iambitcoin5

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 10:11:57 PM

Will using the Waves platform be user friendly and easy to use? For example buying and selling Waves tokens and transferring between a wallet and exchange? Ease of use is one of the biggest pathways to mainstream adoption.

yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 10:12:51 PM

Tweeted!! https://twitter.com/MagicNxt/status/717112495006203904 Wink
mxxxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2310

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 10:14:31 PM

Will using the Waves platform be user friendly and easy to use? For example buying and selling Waves tokens and transferring between a wallet and exchange? Ease of use is one of the biggest pathways to mainstream adoption.

Yes, developers are focusing on it also like whole team, the same for the asset exchange. Lite client, very friendly, easy gui and no blockchain download.

iambitcoin5

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 10:21:05 PM

Yes, developers are focusing on it also like whole team, the same for the asset exchange. Lite client, very friendly, easy gui and no blockchain download.
Thanks for the quick response  Smiley Ease of use makes everything so much faster and I believe you guys will do a great job making that happen.

bigs21024

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

please help gofund.me/bigs21024 Family in need

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 10:26:14 PM

Hurry up im ready for the bounties lol

TorinT

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 10:26:49 PM

Same to me, just filled up the form. Smiley
iambitcoin5

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 10:39:20 PM

Yes I want the bounties too.

JollyTrades

Activity: 602

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 11:15:57 PM

As an investor I'd feel scammed if I invested in Waves and here is why. On the just released blog message you wrote;

"What about blokchain tokens of our own? Do we want WAVES to be the value transfer token? NO: for that we have Bitcoin. Money transfer is the first killer app of blockchain technology. It won’t be the last, but still it will dominate blockchain tech for years to come. But one thing is obvious here, ONE (or a few) cryptocurrencies should be used as a currency, otherwise the network effect which is needed for something to be used as a currency will never be realised. We’ll be doing our bit to help Bitcoin become the first INTERnational currency (as opposed to NATIONAL currencies). It will be deeply integrated in our platform through a corresponding token, backed by Bitcoin multisig technology and a reputable Bitcoin exchange. It can’t be made fully decentralized for now, but we will integrate Bitcoin into a new ecosystem where it can be traded, in a decentralized way, against blockchain tokens — effectively creating a decentralized cryptocurrency exchange/crowfdfunding platform. Our killer feature is the ability to trade any token against another token on the blockchain (asset-to-asset). It opens up new dimensions for doing business on blockchains, effectively replicating traditional markets and making Bitcoin trading decentralized."

This implies that there will be absolutely nothing special or unique about Waves tokens, so why the hell should I invest in buying them? To me it just feels like investors got to put in a lot of money buying worthless Waves tokens so you guys can make an innovative platform. Seems to me it's not worth it to invest, like I mentioned in my previous posts, you got to give Waves tokens functionality. If you refuse to do so, it's like investing in air, it's nothing, it has no intrinsic value or purpose other than funding you guys... Undecided

No, that passage you just quoted does not imply that there will be nothing special about Waves tokens. Just to the contrary, indeed. That passage explains what makes Waves tokens special and unique. As you have quoted, and I suppose you have read the paragraph you quoted, "Our killer feature is the ability to trade any token against another token on the blockchain (asset-to-asset)." This is what makes this platform unique, and this will be the main source of demand to Waves tokens, which should and would drive investors to buy the tokens.
b1007

Activity: 404

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 11:20:14 PM

As an investor I'd feel scammed if I invested in Waves and here is why. On the just released blog message you wrote;

"What about blokchain tokens of our own? Do we want WAVES to be the value transfer token? NO: for that we have Bitcoin. Money transfer is the first killer app of blockchain technology. It won’t be the last, but still it will dominate blockchain tech for years to come. But one thing is obvious here, ONE (or a few) cryptocurrencies should be used as a currency, otherwise the network effect which is needed for something to be used as a currency will never be realised. We’ll be doing our bit to help Bitcoin become the first INTERnational currency (as opposed to NATIONAL currencies). It will be deeply integrated in our platform through a corresponding token, backed by Bitcoin multisig technology and a reputable Bitcoin exchange. It can’t be made fully decentralized for now, but we will integrate Bitcoin into a new ecosystem where it can be traded, in a decentralized way, against blockchain tokens — effectively creating a decentralized cryptocurrency exchange/crowfdfunding platform. Our killer feature is the ability to trade any token against another token on the blockchain (asset-to-asset). It opens up new dimensions for doing business on blockchains, effectively replicating traditional markets and making Bitcoin trading decentralized."

This implies that there will be absolutely nothing special or unique about Waves tokens, so why the hell should I invest in buying them? To me it just feels like investors got to put in a lot of money buying worthless Waves tokens so you guys can make an innovative platform. Seems to me it's not worth it to invest, like I mentioned in my previous posts, you got to give Waves tokens functionality. If you refuse to do so, it's like investing in air, it's nothing, it has no intrinsic value or purpose other than funding you guys... Undecided

No, that passage you just quoted does not imply that there will be nothing special about Waves tokens. Just to the contrary, indeed. That passage explains what makes Waves tokens special and unique. As you have quoted, and I suppose you have read the paragraph you quoted, "Our killer feature is the ability to trade any token against another token on the blockchain (asset-to-asset)."

So explain to me what can I do with Waves tokens on the platform that I can't do with bitcoin, dogecoin or shitcoin? Because the text seems to clearly imply that bitcoin will have special functionality and all other crypto currencies on the platform (including Waves tokens) are equal.?

I like to speculate
JollyTrades

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 11:27:56 PM

No, that passage you just quoted does not imply that there will be nothing special about Waves tokens. Just to the contrary, indeed. That passage explains what makes Waves tokens special and unique. As you have quoted, and I suppose you have read the paragraph you quoted, "Our killer feature is the ability to trade any token against another token on the blockchain (asset-to-asset)."

So explain to me what can I do with Waves tokens on the platform that I can't do with bitcoin, dogecoin or shitcoin? Because the text seems to clearly imply that bitcoin will have special functionality and all other crypto currencies on the platform (including Waves tokens) are equal.?

First of all, it needs to be made clear that the name "WAVES" is given to two things. First, the platform, and second, the underlying cryptocurrency in that platform. It is obvious that the demand to use the platform would increase the demand to its underlying cryptocurrency. Thus, what you can do with the Waves tokens is just one side of the coin, the other side being what you can do within the platform. In the paragraph which I assume you have read, what can be done within the platform -in that platform only- is clearly stated.

From an investor's point of view, moreover, the question might be answered in a different way. What you can do with the tokens? You can buy them at a price and then sell them at a higher price. Just like you buy shares of a company. What can you really do with 100 shares of Apple Inc.?
sjccrypto

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 11:29:07 PM

No, that passage you just quoted does not imply that there will be nothing special about Waves tokens. Just to the contrary, indeed. That passage explains what makes Waves tokens special and unique. As you have quoted, and I suppose you have read the paragraph you quoted, "Our killer feature is the ability to trade any token against another token on the blockchain (asset-to-asset)." This is what makes this platform unique, and this will be the main source of demand to Waves tokens, which should and would drive investors to buy the tokens.

You do realize that Uphold already has a working asset to asset business, ready now to use? Why would avg Joe want to use WAVES as opposed to already available, easy to use Uphold?
JollyTrades

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 11:51:54 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2016, 12:10:46 AM by JollyTrades

Sorry for sounding harsh, I appreciate you are willing to help me out (although I am sure it's not because of altruism lol  Cheesy ). Nevertheless, as an investor I am sure you realise that I am only interested in ROI. And your comparison does not quite make sense for me as an investor. When I buy shares I own a piece of a company, when I buy Waves tokens I own a coin that has less functionality than for example dogecoin. Because dogecoin can also be used just as well as Waves tokens on the Waves platform, but it also has functionality outside of the platform. So to me, it seems like investing in Waves tokens is like investing in absolutely worthless vanilla coins that people can buy when they feel like it, but why should they if they can just as easily put some dogecoins on the platform or any other crypto currency? As long as there is no clear connection between the Waves platform and the Waves tokens I simply can't see good prospects of a decent ROI...I like the idea of the platform though and I appreciate your responsiveness, I hope you will value my feedback and think things through...  Wink

I see your point. You are asking the special relationship between "Waves the platform" and "Waves the coin." The network fees in the platform will be paid only in the underlying cryptocurrency, that is the essential connection. In order to operate in the platform, you will first need to buy the tokens. Otherwise, you would be right in your point that buying Waves tokens is meaningless from a purely investor approach.

You do realize that Uphold already has a working asset to asset business, ready now to use? Why would avg Joe want to use WAVES as opposed to already available, easy to use Uphold?

There is no user-created crypto-assets in Uphold. No financial intermediary institution can create its own assets without the assent of the company. No crowdfunding project can raise money there. So Uphold is basically and essentially a company, not a crypto-platform.
sjccrypto

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 12:14:05 AM

There is no user-created crypto-assets in Uphold. No financial intermediary institution can create its own assets without the assent of the company. No crowdfunding project raise money there. So Uphold is basically and essentially a company, not a crypto-platform.

They have Bitcoin and Voxel (uphold created). If they wanted more profit, they would add ETH and other currencies in due time. Unknown if that's in their plans, so if WAVES can get the not even born atomic trade functionality working, might be a selling point. But right now it's just in the idea stage. How's WAVES going to get this ready , even as a test by summer, if it's dependent on another groups' work?

They may not be a crypto platform, but they sure act like one. Joe Schmoe won't tell the difference, he'll just go with the faster and easier one.

https://uphold.com/en/developer/api

This doesn't mean WAVES can't succeed, they just have a very steep hill to climb, and a bar set really high from the perspective of avg Joe. I'm all for competition because so far, none can match Uphold in ease of use, tradeable fiat, BTC and even gold. If WAVES starts to look like an NXT wallet, I'm thinking mainstream adoption is just not possible.
sjccrypto

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 12:29:09 AM

They have Bitcoin and Voxel (uphold created). If they wanted more profit, they would add ETH and other currencies in due time. Unknown if that's in their plans, so if WAVES can get the not even born atomic trade functionality working, might be a selling point. But right now it's just in the idea stage. How's WAVES going to get this ready , even as a test by summer, if it's dependent on another groups' work?

Gee, look at this..

http://themerkle.com/uphold-will-add-litecoin-and-ethereum-soon/
iambitcoin5

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 01:05:07 AM

So to sum up what Waves is if I'm correct:

A cryptocurrency built to have kickstarter/Community based projects funded on a decentralized blockchain using Waves tokens and also asset to asset trading like USD to EUR. Am I correct or did I miss something else important?

Arkh

Activity: 213
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 02:49:30 AM

Gee, look at this..

http://themerkle.com/uphold-will-add-litecoin-and-ethereum-soon/

From my quick understanding after looking at uphold's website, it only act as a financial reserve in some curency and assets (such as gold).
Can you crowfund your project in a decentralized way using uphold and then trade the asset on a blockchain ?
If no then uphold and waves have a very different design.
If yes can you provide me with a link so I can check it out ? (real question)

Thanks
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 2139 »
  Print  

Jump to: