Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 02:16:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 [324] 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 ... 2139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WAVES. Ultimate crypto-tokens blockchain platform.  (Read 2389089 times)
Thereisnospoon

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 07:48:51 PM

Does anyone knows how many individual entities  participated in  Waves ICO so far?

https://wavesplatform.com/contract_info

Well ,it says a total number of sales but not individuals.I myself  did a multiple buys so as many others.I am curious how widely  are Waves distributed so far?

You can see top transactions here https://wavesplatform.com/contract_stat

Such a nice pie chart-just beautiful! Sadly there is too big green part on it...Hopefully a  green  part represents a smart  money and it in itself would  provide a stop wall.Smart money don't   go for peanuts.Thanks for the chart.

▄███▄
           ▄██▀▀█▀▀██▄
         ▄███▄  █  ▄███▄
       ▄██▀ █▀█▄█▄█▀█ ▀██▄
      ██▀  █  ▄███▄  █  ▀██
     ██    █▄█▀ █ ▀█▄█    ██
    ██▀▀▀▀▄██ ▄▀ ▀▄ ██▄▀▀▀▀██
   ██ █  █▀ ▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄ ▀█  █ ██
  ██   ██ ▄█▀█     █▀█▄ ██   ██
  ██ ▄▄███▀   █   █   ▀███▄▄ ██
 ██▄█▀▀█▀▀█▄▄▄▄█▄█▄▄▄▄█▀▀█▀▀█▄██
 ██▀  █ ▄██▄   ▄█▄   ▄██▄ █  ▀██
██▄▄▄ ██   █ ▄█▀█▀█▄ █   ██ ▄▄▄██
██   ███▄▄▄██▀  █  ▀██ ▄▄███   ██
██ ▄█▀█   ██▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄██   █▀█▄ ██
███▀  █ ▄█▀█   ▄█▄   █▀█▄ █  ▀███
 ▀██▄▄██▀   █ ▄▀ ▀▄ █   ▀██▄▄██▀
    ▀███▄▄  █▄█   █▄█  ▄▄███▀
       ▀▀███████████████▀▀
OTPPAY

BigKush

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 07:50:28 PM

the question is what happens if WAVE hits the markets at 50% of the ICO price.

Exactly. As I watch my proportion of waves shrink every day, I imagine more and more fomo investors climbing on board the gravy train. This ICO is lasting too long. How impatient will the investors be when trading finally starts? Then people will realize: waves is vaporware and won't be mass marketable for years.
These are also my concerns. I don't want to spread FUD, quite to the contrary. I simply ask this question loud, trying to ignite a discussion what the others think about such scenario. I know there will be fan boys coming at me en masse, screaming that this is not possible, but I accept to pay this price.
Counter question: Give me an explanation to why this should/could happen?

For me it wouldn't matter at all. I am in because of the long-term potential of the project. If the price rises in the short-term it's nice, if not I will start buying low  Wink
Easy. People who acquired many coins and want to get more would push the price down to create panic selling in order to get more coins at cheaper prices. Many ICOs have seen that.

What's the point for people who acquired many coins to push the price down (read- to reduce his wealth) and risking that the price will not recover and he will loose everything?
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 08:18:40 PM

Exactly. As I watch my proportion of waves shrink every day, I imagine more and more fomo investors climbing on board the gravy train. This ICO is lasting too long. How impatient will the investors be when trading finally starts? Then people will realize: waves is vaporware and won't be mass marketable for years.
These are also my concerns. I don't want to spread FUD, quite to the contrary. I simply ask this question loud, trying to ignite a discussion what the others think about such scenario. I know there will be fan boys coming at me en masse, screaming that this is not possible, but I accept to pay this price.

For me it wouldn't matter at all. I am in because of the long-term potential of the project. If the price rises in the short-term it's nice, if not I will start buying low  Wink
Easy. People who acquired many coins and want to get more would push the price down to create panic selling in order to get more coins at cheaper prices. Many ICOs have seen that.

What's the point for people who acquired many coins to push the price down (read- to reduce his wealth) and risking that the price will not recover and he will loose everything?

Sure, that's the risk in short selling. But the big dumper hopes to create a panic sell. The big whale starts with 100 tokens, dumps them, hopes others will follow, and buys back cheaper coins and has a new total of 125 tokens. If the price picks up again, well the whale just made a 25% bonus. It happens all the time on the big exchanges. There is no guarantee of the price going up or that others will start selling, so that is the risk involved with this kind of shorting.
iambitcoin5

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 08:42:48 PM

Sure, that's the risk in short selling. But the big dumper hopes to create a panic sell. The big whale starts with 100 tokens, dumps them, hopes others will follow, and buys back cheaper coins and has a new total of 125 tokens. If the price picks up again, well the whale just made a 25% bonus. It happens all the time on the big exchanges. There is no guarantee of the price going up or that others will start selling, so that is the risk involved with this kind of shorting.
Wouldn't the whale dump way more than that? Like 10k tokens to cause a panic sell?

jokumat

Activity: 249

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 09:00:22 PM

there was a rumor that developers gonna place a buying wall at the very start of trading waves. How big'll be this wall? And how long will it exist (one day? one week? month?) If they will see that there is not enough buying power, will they dismiss it?

Was the rumour by any chance started by you?  Stop spreading bullshit.  If you have don't have the balls to buy into the ICO don't buy it.  Otherwise grow up and don't expect the world to catch you if you screw up.

Actually, I've spent nearly 31 btc and now got ~ 300k waves, so I'm not sure what are you talking about balls etc. You better to check Russian thread where Sasha35625 is saying that there will be a buying wall.

here is the quote:

Пoдoждитe, a paзвe нe oбeщaли чacть coбpaнныx миллиoнoв пoтpaтить нa мoгyчyю бaй cтeнy? Пo цeнe нe мeньшe пpeдпpoдaжнoй?

Гдe былa тaкaя инфa?
бyдeт cтeнa, дa.

Translation:

-wait a second wasn't there a mighty buying wall? with the price not less than the ico price?
- Where the information was submitted?
- sasha: The wall will be placed,yes

If there is need for this ICO funds will be used to maintain buy walls.

Hmm OK, but what is to prevent the Waves funds from depleting, should everyone and their dog get cold feet and want to sell/withdraw the instant wave tokens are available on an exchange? We all remember the clusterfuck Paycoin that went out with a 20$ floor, but that lasted only a short while while everyone threw their coins at it.

If people want to sell instantly they will do it this way or another. If there is a need buy walls will appear, about what floor you are talking about lol ? If we think buy walls are needed at some point we will just add them. There is no specific amount or anything else planned for this as of now. We are still pretty much in ICO phase for 20 days more with unknown price and uknown final BTC amount.

I was picturing the same scenario as when Paycoin launched, Garza et al. tried to establish a floor price and raised a larger buy wall once the coins where released on an exchange. The "plan" failed and the value for each coin plummeted as there was no buy support. I hope that we are not trying to achieve the same here? Buy walls are  great but they need to be used wisely. I am fully confident in how the project has been run and maintained up to now, so I have no doubts that if any walls are considered and needed that they will be setup to help Waves in the best of ways.

Yes exactly, if any buy walls appear they will be setup to help Waves in the best of ways.

Setting buy walls from ICO money is unethical as it is identical to a larger premine. The devs are getting free stake paying with other people's money.
jokumat

Activity: 249

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 09:03:01 PM

And defending the ico price with buywalls is unreasonable anyway. Let the price move. Better put the money into developement
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 09:06:44 PM

Wouldn't the whale dump way more than that? Like 10k tokens to cause a panic sell?

Yes of course, maybe even more like 100K waves, possibly multiple times to really create a havoc. I used small numbers just to try and explain the point in short sellng, that's all. You are right that 100 token units wouldn't make any difference what so ever.
Warren.Buffet

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 09:08:10 PM

what are the consequences of not swapping NXT based assets over to waves? What is the significance of 1st May too? I'm a bit confused as to what I need to do with my coinomat & coinomat1 assets
mxxxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 10:02:17 PM

what are the consequences of not swapping NXT based assets over to waves? What is the significance of 1st May too? I'm a bit confused as to what I need to do with my coinomat & coinomat1 assets

You can swap assets that you had before the May, 1.

Final day to make swaps is May, 15.

Assets will continue as earlier just with lower supply and next they will migrate to Waves blockchain https://nxtforum.org/cryptoasset-fund-projects/coinomat-assets/

Vlegale

Activity: 450
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 11:22:45 PM

And defending the ico price with buywalls is unreasonable anyway. Let the price move. Better put the money into developement
+1
Price should go up and down , the best for a trading.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 11:28:07 PM

+1

I agree too.  Buy walls serve no purpose except delaying the inevitable.  They also give the wrong kind of message.  Even if the price does fall, with proper development and use of funds the price will inevitably rise in time.  If people are stupid enough to panic sell at a loss early on then that is better for distribution and the long term solidity of waves. This is a big project in 2016.  Buy walls belong with the scams and shitcoins from 2014.
BTC-BTC-BTC
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

www.neutroncoin.com

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 11:32:02 PM

+1

I agree too.  Buy walls serve no purpose except delaying the inevitable.  They also give the wrong kind of message.  Even if the price does fall, with proper development and use of funds the price will inevitably rise in time.  If people are stupid enough to panic sell at a loss early on then that is better for distribution and the long term solidity of waves. This is a big project in 2016.  Buy walls belong with the scams and shitcoins from 2014.

I agree. +1
Warren.Buffet

Activity: 130

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 12:03:43 AM

You can swap assets that you had before the May, 1.

Final day to make swaps is May, 15.

Assets will continue as earlier just with lower supply and next they will migrate to Waves blockchain https://nxtforum.org/cryptoasset-fund-projects/coinomat-assets/

Thanks, but I still don't understand why there is a deadline of May 15th for the swap. If I don't swap now it sounds like the assets MUST be migrated to WAVES later on anyway, so why have an 'optional' swap now? It sounds like more work for WAVES team. Are dividends still being paid on NXT & WAVES as before, and if so, in what token? Please explain things as it's still very unclear what the implications are for the 15 May deadline. When will the non-voluntary swap happen? If the time period between May 15 and the migration is small it probably doesn't matter, but if it's long and dividends are paid in different tokens the implications could be huge.

I honestly don't feel good about this swap
thoth-Atlantian

Activity: 924

I AM

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 01:12:18 AM

Swapping NXT to waves?Huh

What is this exactly?

Didnt recall seeing that in anything before now..

www.dlsag.ch      1ex.trade
rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 02:28:09 AM

There is a whale who owns 10% of all the waves: https://wavesplatform.com/contract_stat
He can make laugh of any buy wall
CoinSiteDesigner

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 02:44:51 AM

There is a whale who owns 10% of all the waves: https://wavesplatform.com/contract_stat

What is that 866 on that big whale? Is it BTC by any chance? If so, how is it converted to bitcoin when it's not on any exchange yet?
bittraffic

Activity: 2954
Merit: 612

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 02:50:22 AM
Last edit: May 13, 2016, 03:02:49 AM by bittraffic

What is that 866 on that big whale? Is it BTC by any chance? If so, how is it converted to bitcoin when it's not on any exchange yet?

yes its not on the exchange yet  think the data are just on their database. no doubt waves is one of the most funded in crypto project.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

CoinSiteDesigner

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 02:59:14 AM

yes its not on the exchange yet yet i think the date are just on their database. no doubt waves is one of the most funded in crypto project.

Funded? Does it mean that 866 isn't the value of the coins he holds, but it's actually the amount he invested in waves? Shocked
jpawesome78

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 03:00:13 AM

yes its not on the exchange yet yet i think the date are just on their database. no doubt waves is one of the most funded in crypto project.
Ethereum netted 31,529 btc from crowdsale. But I hope wave gets into ethers level or even better.

jpawesome78

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 03:01:01 AM

Funded? Does it mean that 866 isn't the value of the coins he holds, but it's actually the amount he invested in waves? Shocked
Yes thats 866 btc x 450$, do the math, the guy is rich af.

Pages: « 1 ... 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 [324] 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 ... 2139 »
  Print  

Jump to: