Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:46:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 [1439] 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 ... 2139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WAVES. Ultimate crypto-tokens blockchain platform.  (Read 2389085 times)
yoyoamigo

Activity: 622
Merit: 504

Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2016, 03:03:32 AM

Hi guys! Welcome to the new Q&A Session. Smiley

Please retweet - https://twitter.com/wavesplatform/status/774181082199576577

Just answer one question, when are the full nodes releasing?

As soon as the test phase will be completed.

Why can't WAVES do a weekly update like this? LISK is doing a way better job lol

https://blog.lisk.io/weekly-summary-001-3be1a5a79333#.jjh10f6qo

I think WAVES can do it also, they have so much more resources than LISK.

urm...haven't WAVES been doing it all this time already? with the weekly updates and the next one is supposingly #9 (this week)?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ed_teech

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

Jahaha

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 05:29:00 AM

It was the best Q & A session to date.

Is there any online summary available ?
oneyesoneno

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 05:56:48 AM

hi... is mediacore doing any transcript based on yesterday Q/A? Grin
KoinMaster

Activity: 323

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 06:00:58 AM

Not yet, but transcript is coming on this weekend, according to the team members in Slack.
It was the best Q & A session to date.

Is there any online summary available ?

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
KoinMaster

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 06:16:06 AM

Yes, you are wrong. The main programmer responsible for the Waves back-end has made a lot of changes since the launch of the testnet: middle of August: https://github.com/wavesplatform/Waves/commits/master

They want to be absolutely sure that the testnet is running stable for and extended period of time(few weeks) with alternating middle and heavy load. That's why there was relative calm in the last 1.5 week.

You are right on the devnet. They have an own developer network where most of the work is being done. If a module is ready for testing they upload it to github.

Since the launch of testnet there is only a bunch of version number changes and one test config edit. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Let me guess, all the important changes must be on the private branch not visible to outsiders?

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
johny08
Legendary

Activity: 1045
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 07:36:16 AM

Yes, you are wrong. The main programmer responsible for the Waves back-end has made a lot of changes since the launch of the testnet: middle of August: https://github.com/wavesplatform/Waves/commits/master

They want to be absolutely sure that the testnet is running stable for and extended period of time(few weeks) with alternating middle and heavy load. That's why there was relative calm in the last 1.5 week.

You are right on the devnet. They have an own developer network where most of the work is being done. If a module is ready for testing they upload it to github.

Since the launch of testnet there is only a bunch of version number changes and one test config edit. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Let me guess, all the important changes must be on the private branch not visible to outsiders?

Lets see if FUD continue

github is easy to find, contribution are real.
Mokuton

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 08:05:15 AM

Sasha said he will not released a buggy product. But with the current weak coder team that he has, their will always be bugs or something found that will cause a delay lol. Prepare for a release in mid 2017 at the earliest, if you can hold that long.

Also in the Q&A, it will be coinomat that will be integrated with mycelium and not WAVES since it is not ready lol

Also, I checked the monthly expense report and they burn $60,000+ a month? 20,200 go to programming and 14,300 in marketing alone? They spend that much to do not much? Lol

Muro

Activity: 217

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2016, 09:45:39 AM

Sasha said he will not released a buggy product. But with the current weak coder team that he has, their will always be bugs or something found that will cause a delay lol. Prepare for a release in mid 2017 at the earliest, if you can hold that long.

Also in the Q&A, it will be coinomat that will be integrated with mycelium and not WAVES since it is not ready lol

Also, I checked the monthly expense report and they burn $60,000+ a month? 20,200 go to programming and 14,300 in marketing alone? They spend that much to do not much? Lol

blablablablablabla... all knows all understand it...
.m.

Activity: 280
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 10:05:07 AM

Those above are serious worries, I'd stay cautious.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

johny08
Legendary

Activity: 1045
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 11:13:35 AM

Those above are serious worries, I'd stay cautious.

60k is ok, not worries here
Riseman

Activity: 690

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 01:55:37 PM

That's exactly where I looked. So please prove me wrong and link at least one major fix or feature addition since 18 August which is not a version number change, Scorex merge or some minor build script or config edit. I want to see that "lots of changes".

All CPU, stability and blockchain size improvements mentioned above seem to be caused by this:
https://github.com/wavesplatform/Waves/commit/3cad6e3c244cdfe5b2efc3e20a60291f049d8323

This is not even a fix but a configuration for low-end hardware. This, together with restricting memory usage made the node more stable on cheap VPS most testers use.

And no, I didnt mean private network. I meant private Github branch.

FUD accusations are irrelevant. This thread needs some technical discussion Smiley Also, I'm giving everyone concerned an easy opportunity to hype the project some more by proving me wrong Wink
KoinMaster

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 03:44:50 PM

What is your point what are you trying to make? That they are not doing anything? You have chosen to prove your point linking a one-liner change in github trivializing all the other commits and judging them as "some minor build script or config edit". This is simply not true. In this commit for example they have rewritten the peer-to-peer handshake algorithm: https://github.com/wavesplatform/Scorex/commit/33d917efeb8ee29e95f2aa513398a8b168115c91

Furthermore there is a continuous, heavy load on the testnet every day to check the reliability of the blockchain network. I can only repeat myself: Sasha's strategy is to release the main net only after having achieved an error-free stable testnet for a few weeks. And this is a very responsible approach, IMHO.

That's exactly where I looked. So please prove me wrong and link at least one major fix or feature addition since 18 August which is not a version number change, Scorex merge or some minor build script or config edit. I want to see that "lots of changes".

All CPU, stability and blockchain size improvements mentioned above seem to be caused by this:
https://github.com/wavesplatform/Waves/commit/3cad6e3c244cdfe5b2efc3e20a60291f049d8323

This is not even a fix but a configuration for low-end hardware. This, together with restricting memory usage made the node more stable on cheap VPS most testers use.

FUD accusations are irrelevant. This thread needs some technical discussion Smiley Also, I'm giving everyone concerned an easy opportunity to hype the project some more by proving me wrong Wink

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄

▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Riseman

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 03:59:13 PM

What is your point what are you trying to make? That they are not doing anything? You have chosen to prove your point linking a one-liner change in github trivializing all the other commits and judging them as "some minor build script or config edit". This is simply not true. In this commit for example they have rewritten the peer-to-peer handshake algorithm: https://github.com/wavesplatform/Scorex/commit/33d917efeb8ee29e95f2aa513398a8b168115c91

Furthermore there is a continuous, heavy load on the testnet every day to check the reliability of the blockchain network. I can only repeat myself: Sasha's strategy is to release the main net only after having achieved an error-free stable testnet for a few weeks. And this is a very responsible approach, IMHO.

Well, that is the kind of answer I was initially expecting. I wasn't trying to prove anything but to get some specific information different from "lots of progress, buy cheap waves".

Now I know they're actually contributing to Scorex, not only cloned it.
MoveCrypto

Activity: 364

move that crypto

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 03:59:52 PM

Only 4 days left in https://mvplineup.com crowdsale

Asset will trade and pay dividends through waves platform.

First ever provably fair and crypto-based daily fantasy sports game

Daily fantasy is a multi-billion dollar market, which is currently dominated by fiat and regulatory issues

MoveCrypto for Komodo Notary
https://komodoplatform.com/
KoinMaster

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 05:06:29 PM

It's good that I could help you understand better what is going on. All this fudding here is ridiculous. I am a Waves beta tester myself and I can attest that a lot of progress have been made in the past month and the testnet is now running rock-solid without errors/exceptions/crashes.

Riseman: you are welcome to join #testnet-maintainers on Waves' Slack to see for yourself that what I am telling you is true.

Well, that is the kind of answer I was initially expecting. I wasn't trying to prove anything but to get some specific information different from "lots of progress, buy cheap waves".

Now I know they're actually contributing to Scorex, not only cloned it.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄

▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
burnomarsmellow

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 07:57:52 PM

Can someone explain to me what is so special about Wavesplatform, why I should invest in it or use it?

https://uphold.com
They already have over $1,000,000,000 in transaction volume, support over 30 currencies including crypto's like Bitcoin, Litecoin and Ethereum and have gateways all over the world. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uphold

Is Waves is trying to become or compete with Uphold?

The founder of Uphold, Halsey Minor has an impressive trackrecord as an technology entrepeneur.

What is the trackrecord of Sasha Ivanov?

He created Coinomat, it failed and lost to Shapeshift.

Is Sasha going to fail again but this time with Waves?

Just looking at the fact he hired developers who have no experience with blockchain, Sasha does the PR-Marketing without speaking proper English and missing every ETA thing aren't looking good.
Not to mention the fact that people are being banned from slack when they ask critical questions.
Over 140 people have been banned from the Waveslack.

Recently Sasha was on the Chris DeRose show and the hosts of the show implied Wavesplatform and Bitscam are scams.
If you missed the show, I suggest to watch it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC1sPozgmpA
The hosts of the show did their homework very well.
Read the last comment about Rob co-founder and CEO of Bitscam. https://www.startjoin.com/comments/project/BitScan

The projects that are going to do crowdfunding on the Wavesplatform are either very shady or has people representing them that have a conflict of interest.
Incent-Bitscam, MVP Lineup, Bioviva, Bitkapital are either very shady or have people working for them that also work for Wavesplatform.
The sole purpose of these projects is to extract BTC from the investors and give them worthless tokens.
Makes you wonder why crowdfunding is done in BTC and not in Waves?

Why hasn't Poloniex listed Waves on their exchange?
Do you really think Poloniex will list a coin when the dev of the coin calls them names?
Do you really think Poloniex will list a coin were the devteam trades against their own investors?
Do you really think Poloniex will list a coin that has security breaches?

Do you really think...I can keep going on why Poloniex is not fond of listing Waves to their exchange.

I can tell you right now that the people that will defend Waves at this point are the devteam, the projects that want to do crowdfund scamming and the cheerleading bagholders.

Salut!
CroSany

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 08:01:01 PM

Signature campaign terms are improved, due to many questions.
so it goes like that now:

Legendary/Hero : 2 Stakes
Sr./Full : 1.5 stakes
Member: 1 Stake

That means that Legendary member receives twice as much tokens as simple member etc.

junior members don't worry, if you post actively you will be paid extra.
Riseman

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 11:34:25 PM

Do you really think Poloniex will list a coin when the dev of the coin calls them names?
Do you really think Poloniex will list a coin were the devteam trades against their own investors?
Do you really think...I can keep going on why Poloniex is not fond of listing Waves to their exchange.

I think the main issue with Polo listing is a centralized network without public nodes. It's just a legit security concern because the party that controls all the nodes can do everything it wants - doublespend coins, deny and roll back transactions and so on. I am not saying that the devs will actually do it but for an exchange it's an unacceptable risk. Because if things go south, it will affect the exchange reputation as well.

I don't think it has much to do with Sasha's public accusations. I know another coin with a dev that constantly trash talks Poloniex and all their favourite altcoins but his coin is listed and has 1-confirmation deposits like BTC.

Riseman: you are welcome to join #testnet-maintainers on Waves' Slack to see for yourself that what I am telling you is true.

It's no use. Most likely I'll be banned there very quickly Grin
Nasok

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 12:31:00 AM

Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with Waves or other projects besides expressing my own opinion

Business point of view;
Entrepreneur CAN NOT handle ALL without hiring professional personal for certain positions if Waves strives to be an international startup (not mentioning successful) (or a startup).

Many and different entrepreneurs have great ideas but eventually they fail for a non proper inside organization of their own business (if money isn't an issue).
Waves raised millions of dollars through an ICO (putting aside WHY ICO and not other less controversial methods), first thing that should be done is to raise PROFESSIONAL PERSONAL (here comes many questions how much waves personal is professional, if I personally needed to judge according to founder's public performances - this project is in danger).

Coders, Accounting, PR manger, community manager, company's spokesman, and others, takes time to hire - one person can't handle all (Waves founder strives to be the FACE of his company while he SO SO speaks English or at least a fluent English that makes him able to speak fluently his thoughts - a business man would not allow such a thing, there are talented spokesmen available).

Who is Waves founder? do you know his background? business background? Does he have a wife? kids? Divorced? Who is he? when investing money into a startup (in this case - idea) you invest into a person as he has nothing ready to show to the world (besides unorganized thoughts). Point to think about - how was his economical status before receiving millions? Did he burn the money previously? while receiving a couple of thousands dollars from Coinmoat money raising?

Why does waves founder put time stamps when he doesn't understand their meaning - in business world you don't put or say a date / time stamp if you are not sure -these critical mistakes does person who didn't do business in the past.

For the long term investors - if you are newbies to crypto ecosystem, do you homework before putting money (1$) into something that isn't understood 100%.
I have my personal doubts about raising so much many millions of dollars by a person who has basically no background in the world of business (or crypto) (you should ask for Coinomat's yearly detailed financial status)

Maybe somehow Waves will be able to get along with the years to come (too much money were raised), and the founder will eventually learn how to manage a project.

I mentioned long-term investors as traders DO NOT invested in Waves and Short-Mid range investors already lost a certain percentage while existing and earned them back by investing in other projects.

A point to consider for long term investment in Crypto - would you invest into a questionable project or Bitcoin perhaps for the year ahead?

Good luck.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 01:03:51 AM

I think the main issue with Polo listing is a centralized network without public nodes. It's just a legit security concern because the party that controls all the nodes can do everything it wants - doublespend coins, deny and roll back transactions and so on. I am not saying that the devs will actually do it but for an exchange it's an unacceptable risk. Because if things go south, it will affect the exchange reputation as well.

I don't think it has much to do with Sasha's public accusations. I know another coin with a dev that constantly trash talks Poloniex and all their favourite altcoins but his coin is listed and has 1-confirmation deposits like BTC.

It's no use. Most likely I'll be banned there very quickly Grin

People need to stop making wild speculations about why Waves is not on Polo. I have spoken to the owner of Polo - he is a friend of mine. There is no hard feelings or barriers that currently exist between Polo and Waves.  So it would be nice if people quit f*cking making crap up to explain it.
Pages: « 1 ... 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 [1439] 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 ... 2139 »
  Print  

Jump to: