Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:48:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 [1724] 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 ... 2139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WAVES. Ultimate crypto-tokens blockchain platform.  (Read 2389077 times)
trademark
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 01:23:13 PM

Funny enough, it is not the first time Poloniex add a coin for unknown reasons. The Waves have long should be there.
Sometimes things are not as it should be. But honestly i don't believe that waves need polo.
Time will tell...
Polo is generally overhyped. I understand the interest as they are currently no. 1 in volume, but still their admission policies leave a lot to desire.
I guess Bittrex is sufficient for the time being.

Bittrex is a great exchange and the volume is great.  However, Poloniex is the pinnacle of cryptocurrency exchanges.  That being said, it is hard to say what the criteria is to be listed on Poloniex.  A few years back it was much easier to get listed on there, now that they have rise in fame, it's a hit or miss.  Hopefully in the near future they will see that WAVES deserves to be on their exchange.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
oneyesoneno

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 02:55:54 PM

Funny enough, it is not the first time Poloniex add a coin for unknown reasons. The Waves have long should be there.
Sometimes things are not as it should be. But honestly i don't believe that waves need polo.
Time will tell...
Polo is generally overhyped. I understand the interest as they are currently no. 1 in volume, but still their admission policies leave a lot to desire.

Bittrex is a great exchange and the volume is great.  However, Poloniex is the pinnacle of cryptocurrency exchanges.  That being said, it is hard to say what the criteria is to be listed on Poloniex.  A few years back it was much easier to get listed on there, now that they have rise in fame, it's a hit or miss.  Hopefully in the near future they will see that WAVES deserves to be on their exchange.

(My personal's selfish opinion)

Liquidity is not really matter at this stage when there is no fully functional product yet. Inorganic hype just because a big exchange listing Waves is not healthy for the future's value of a crypto. My best guess is - Polo is viewing Waves as one of their Ace Cards, which is well hidden under their sleeve because they treasure it, and will only be reveal when the time has come. I believe that time won't be long since Waves is going to move foward pretty fast from now on.
instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 02:59:45 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2017, 04:52:02 PM by instacalm

Time will tell...

Bittrex is a great exchange and the volume is great.  However, Poloniex is the pinnacle of cryptocurrency exchanges.  That being said, it is hard to say what the criteria is to be listed on Poloniex.  A few years back it was much easier to get listed on there, now that they have rise in fame, it's a hit or miss.  Hopefully in the near future they will see that WAVES deserves to be on their exchange.

It is most likely an ideological issue that we're witnessing here. Poloniex has been known to add all kinds of very low quality coins over the years, which Waves is most certainly not. Be that as it may, Waves does not need (or depend on) Poloniex and it can do very well without it.
Scrooge McCrypto

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 03:54:24 PM

Time will tell...

It is definitely an ideological issue that we're witnessing here. Poloniex has been known to add all kinds of very low quality coins over the years, which Waves is most certainly not. Be that as it may, Waves does not need (or depend on) Poloniex and it can do very well without it.

Polo, Polo, Polo... Even if there is some drama between Sasha and Poloniex specifically, it doesn't address the question as to why none of the other major exchanges choose to trade Waves. Huobi, Bitfinex, Kraken... Maybe Sasha asked them not to list Waves until a certain stage of development has been realized. Maybe they generally consider Waves an existential threat to their centralized model. Maybe they look at the shit volume on Bittrex and think 'why bother?' Who knows?
CrowdFunder

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 05:22:41 PM

Time will tell...

It is definitely an ideological issue that we're witnessing here. Poloniex has been known to add all kinds of very low quality coins over the years, which Waves is most certainly not. Be that as it may, Waves does not need (or depend on) Poloniex and it can do very well without it.

Polo, Polo, Polo... Even if there is some drama between Sasha and Poloniex specifically, it doesn't address the question as to why none of the other major exchanges choose to trade Waves. Huobi, Bitfinex, Kraken... Maybe Sasha asked them not to list Waves until a certain stage of development has been realized. Maybe they generally consider Waves an existential threat to their centralized model. Maybe they look at the shit volume on Bittrex and think 'why bother?' Who knows?

Waves is just too good for everyone, words on my skid marks.
FlawLezZ

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 05:26:27 PM

Anything new going on besides a wallet that we have ?
The weekly looks the same for the past half year
Also the road-map is not looking nice

https://i.imgur.com/tGs71TK.jpg

Lets check answer on their questions on the FAQ website
https://wavestalk.org/general-discussion/waves-faq/

Q: Do you have a rough timeline for development?
A: There is a strong emphasis on fast development. Full launch will be in late summer 2016.

Wow late sumer 2016...Full launch of what ? lite wallet ? node ? dex?

Q: Is Waves similar to Ripple? What is the difference?
A: Waves is similar to Ripple only in its approach to handling fiat. As in Ripple, fiat assets will be backed by third parties, payment systems and banks. We will have fiat tokens on our blockchain soon after launch and are in talks with several payment systems already.

Currently is not handling anything, i am not sure but i think currently ripple does more then waves

I always had hope they would be more proactive and inform us but currently its more like soon  next week soon soon next week soooon next month etc
And only recently he started looking for front end developers...

30 mil + and almost 1 year later you have nothing but lite wallet and test net some digital cards and some prizes can be won by answering some questions....
This is not fudding or trolling if anyone can change my mind please do, but if you just look at the roadmap and the weekly and the FAQ they share.
At a certain point you have to say okey this is enough no results allot of false promises.

bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 06:32:05 PM

You forget to add asset creation, full scorex node that had to be rewritten.   Took 3 months more than they thought due to flaws in 1.0.  Incent, darkrus, DEX ( almost fully tested) but matcher and DEX are working well, just needs the front end liteclient for completion.  Btc gateway announcement.  Also needs front-end work done.  Not to mention a full open team working at meet ups and creating synergy in the cryptoverse.   And everything else behind the scenes...

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
Franky2010

Activity: 565

Crypto enthusiast for years.

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 07:39:04 PM

You forget to add asset creation, full scorex node that had to be rewritten.   Took 3 months more than they thought due to flaws in 1.0.  Incent, darkrus, DEX ( almost fully tested) but matcher and DEX are working well, just needs the front end liteclient for completion.  Btc gateway announcement.  Also needs front-end work done.  Not to mention a full open team working at meet ups and creating synergy in the cryptoverse.   And everything else behind the scenes...
Good post, in short you wrote about. Waves is running well, price is how is, with risising trade volume will go up. But also this could be good position for get in for new investors. All is about patience and trust to Waves Dev team. And if somebody dont see this as future fortune, sell to some big buy orders.  Smiley

CrowdFunder

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 07:41:02 PM

A: There is a strong emphasis on fast development. Full launch will be in late summer 2016.

A: Waves is similar to Ripple only in its approach to handling fiat. As in Ripple, fiat assets will be backed by third parties, payment systems and banks. We will have fiat tokens on our blockchain soon after launch and are in talks with several payment systems already.

Currently is not handling anything, i am not sure but i think currently ripple does more then waves

I always had hope they would be more proactive and inform us but currently its more like soon  next week soon soon next week soooon next month etc

30 mil + and almost 1 year later you have nothing but lite wallet and test net some digital cards and some prizes can be won by answering some questions....
This is not fudding or trolling if anyone can change my mind please do, but if you just look at the roadmap and the weekly and the FAQ they share.
At a certain point you have to say okey this is enough no results allot of false promises.

The road map looked nice. Look at all the colors and effects. I think they made an error date wise. You just don't get it !
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 12:20:07 AM

Please reread my last post, it explains as had Sasha on many occasions why there was such a delay.

And I was wrong about the delay, it took 4 months for them to rewrite the scala/scorex code.

Everything else seems to be following correctly just add 4 months to the timeline

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
loki0505

Activity: 494

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 04:13:46 AM

*Sasha*: “It’s not silver, but it’s close. It’s some kind of more industrial metal. What else? There is a lot of interest in real estate projects. So, people either want to raise money for building new real estate, or for buying apartments, renting them out, and sharing the profits - several groups of people. One group is ready to launch; I talked about them an hour ago probably. They have one coworking (building) in Amsterdam. They want to scale, and have several coworking places. It is more like a technical hub. You can go there and you can rent an office like, immediately. You go there with your team, and they set you up within a day. You’ll have several desks, Internet, and everything. It’s your own office room and you can start working. So, it’s a very nice thing. It’s pretty useful. If you know WeWork for example, it is a huge company with a capitalization of 15 billion dollars. Their valuation is around 15 billion dollars – WeWork. This is a huge business actually, and they want to raise money for scaling of their coworking place network. You’ll be able to buy some kind of token that allows you to use all of their facilities, all over the world, forever. You just buy it once, and you can use any place that they have, forever. It’s a new way to raise money for business, I think. You sell some kind of voucher that you can use to buy your product when it’s ready. It’s a very nice thing. So, we have this real estate start up. We have this factory start up. We have several more traditional startups like in cryptocurrency that are going to be launching soon. We are talking to like, many normal businesses - to some kind of industry guys who want to make this crowdfunding platform for factories, and to those banking guys. I’m meeting with like 3 to 5 different groups of people each day actually. So, there’s lots of action here, and something is going to materialize very soon. ” (edited)
Never Go Full Retard

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 06:44:30 AM

Holding this for a while now.... I still believe in the great potential of this project....  Smiley
slap

Activity: 564
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 08:11:47 AM

*Sasha*... soon.
Couldnt resist quoting this, just joking. Wink
rubiprojects

Activity: 240

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 08:14:00 AM

It is roadmap of the best situation, but in real development, there are many unexpected things can happen, you know development is the toughest thing in software industry. Stay patient always.
CrowdFunder

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 01:36:47 PM

It is roadmap of the best situation, but in real development, there are many unexpected things can happen, you know development is the toughest thing in software industry. Stay patient always.
Yea yea, when he made the ICO, there was "nothing to be unexpected" according to him. Of course after it was a different world.

Funny how things change fast uh ?
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 02:20:05 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2017, 02:33:28 PM by bitcoin carpenter

*Sasha*: “It’s not silver, but it’s close. It’s some kind of more industrial metal. What else? There is a lot of interest in real estate projects. So, people either want to raise money for building new real estate, or for buying apartments, renting them out, and sharing the profits - several groups of people. One group is ready to launch; I talked about them an hour ago probably. They have one coworking (building) in Amsterdam. They want to scale, and have several coworking places. It is more like a technical hub. You can go there and you can rent an office like, immediately. You go there with your team, and they set you up within a day. You’ll have several desks, Internet, and everything. It’s your own office room and you can start working. So, it’s a very nice thing. It’s pretty useful. If you know WeWork for example, it is a huge company with a capitalization of 15 billion dollars. Their valuation is around 15 billion dollars – WeWork. This is a huge business actually, and they want to raise money for scaling of their coworking place network. You’ll be able to buy some kind of token that allows you to use all of their facilities, all over the world, forever. You just buy it once, and you can use any place that they have, forever. It’s a new way to raise money for business, I think. You sell some kind of voucher that you can use to buy your product when it’s ready. It’s a very nice thing. So, we have this real estate start up. We have this factory start up. We have several more traditional startups like in cryptocurrency that are going to be launching soon. We are talking to like, many normal businesses - to some kind of industry guys who want to make this crowdfunding platform for factories, and to those banking guys. I’m meeting with like 3 to 5 different groups of people each day actually. So, there’s lots of action here, and something is going to materialize very soon. ” (edited)

Did Sasha name drop WEWORK as a potential user of waves?

Interesting.  
Although I doubt that a business model of real estate rentals will do much for transaction volumes on the network, the legitimacy that a company like WEWORK would bring to waves would be huge.

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 02:55:10 PM

Time will tell...

Well they should sort out the BS reasons and get this on other exch's asap!  It is sad waves developing but price is doing FUCK ALL Sad - One big move to 52k or whatever it was but otherwise just hovers at shitty 22-32k sats forever, even with ok volume!!!!  Undecided  Angry

When come BIG Money?!?!
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 03:28:24 PM

Time will tell...

(My personal's selfish opinion)

Liquidity is not really matter at this stage when there is no fully functional product yet. Inorganic hype just because a big exchange listing Waves is not healthy for the future's value of a crypto. My best guess is - Polo is viewing Waves as one of their Ace Cards, which is well hidden under their sleeve because they treasure it, and will only be reveal when the time has come. I believe that time won't be long since Waves is going to move foward pretty fast from now on.
I very much concur to your (selfish) opinion. I also believe that liquidity is not a problem at all, at the moment, and when the time will come they should list WAVES anyway. No need to force that.

this space is intentionally left blank
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 03:47:17 PM

This is the ico roadmap and was used by CrowdFunder to make a point...

Point taken, but there is a revised roadmap, and after October the team stopped making roadmap with dates involved.
Next things on the road map are DEX and gateways.  Followed by LPOS and then possibly smart contracts, but I believe that the DEX will be an ongoing project that will need refinement all year to ensure protection from and a good user experience.

As always Sasha is actively meeting with startups and with those looking to implement asset tokens in their businesses, and partnerships are never on roadmap.

I wouldn't hold my breath for polo...  instead help Waves grow it's own exchange and support exchanges that are used for waves order matching.
Once waves is integrated into centralised exchanges all trading will become safer.

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 04:03:05 PM

Time will tell...

Well they should sort out the BS reasons and get this on other exch's asap!  It is sad waves developing but price is doing FUCK ALL Sad - One big move to 52k or whatever it was but otherwise just hovers at shitty 22-32k sats forever, even with ok volume!!!!  Undecided  Angry

When come BIG Money?!?!

Well if Sasha actually meant wework will be using waves tokens, then the legitimacy  of a partner with so much reputation will bring the big money.

Although I'm skeptical about wework directly being the company he is in contact with, it does make sense in a business model way for multinational companies/rentals to make a multinational coupon through assets...  if waves has made this partnership the platform is a lot more ready than I previously believed.

As a fun thought though WEWORK does have an office rental in  Amsterdam, as does waves.

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
Pages: « 1 ... 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 [1724] 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 ... 2139 »
  Print  

Jump to: