Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:41:12 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 [1726] 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 ... 2139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WAVES. Ultimate crypto-tokens blockchain platform.  (Read 2389097 times)
Twiggy Smile

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 10:46:18 PM

Testnet Node v0.5.0

WARNING: With this release we are restarting Testnet. You have to drop existing blockchain files.

The first release after merging in Scorex code base
Asset Burn transactions duplication bug was fixed
DEX Matcher bugs found during community testing were fixed
Option to set the UTX size was added, default UTX size was set to 10,000 transactions

Downloads

waves-0.5.0.jar
waves-testnet-systemd-0.5.0.deb
waves-testnet-upstart-0.5.0.deb
Source code (zip)
Source code (tar.gz)

Updates is always good, but how much you have priority listing token WAVES on other exchanges, such as Poloniex, I have long been waiting for your token there, but as I understand myself Polo is interested to add it, can we, and the community can like that affect it?

Of course this is also an important part for us, but different things can happen in the real world. Nevertheless, we continue to work and we will find other ways regarding of exchanges.

###

WAVES Weekly No. 27 - http://coremedia.info/index.php/waves-news/item/391-waves-weekly-no-27

A new exchange is launching! Tidex, which is currently in beta, will work closely with the Waves platform. As well as trading WAVES itself and other popular cryptocurrencies such as BTC, LTC, ETH and DOGE, it will be a home for CATs launched on the Waves blockchain. Waves tech will be integrated on the backend in time, providing the security and advantages of a decentralised exchange where appropriate, and allowing Tidex to pioneer best practices.

To find out more, join the #tidex Slack channel. The bounty programme will start on Monday, with testers receiving rewards for replicable bugs.

###

Waves Platform - 9/9/2016 AMA Transcript with Sasha Ivanov - http://coremedia.info/index.php/waves-news/item/308-waves-platform-9-9-2016-ama-transcript-with-sasha-ivanov

Q: “As an investor I think the presence of Waves tokens on different exchanges is vital. I would like to know what went wrong with Poloniex. Was there a conflict? Are there any plans to resolve this problem?”

A: “I’ve responded to this question plenty times, but I should probably just give the timeline of events. So, I think the Poloniex guys are very busy. I’ve contacted them, and have had regular communication with them for several years. When we started Waves, I started writing them. I used the contacts I had, so several emails that I had from them. I asked if they were going to list it. There was no response to this. Something strange was going on. I wasn’t pushy. I thought, ‘if there was some reason they did not want it, then that reason is unknown to me,’ because no one told me anything. I don’t want to guess. Other exchanges came, for example Bittrex. They said, ‘We are interested so we will list Waves.’ We said ‘ok’ because they couldn’t do it on their own. As you know we don’t have an open network yet, so we had to prepare a node. So we did it for them. Then, Poloniex changed their mind and came to us the day Bittrex was launching Waves. Ok, no problem, we were providing everything to them. We gave them everything, and they stopped communication. I don’t know why, and guys, I don’t really want to guess. I don’t care about that so much. I’m sorry, but it’s true. When they decide it will be useful for them, or that they can profit, they will list Waves… I don’t know; ask them. After that, I decided it doesn’t make sense. I wrote them and they didn’t reply. They must have some other ideas… I don’t have anything against Poloniex, although they are doing some strange things that I can’t really support, like with Ethereum Classic; I don’t like that at all. But ok, it’s up to them. What I really think is that exchanges have too much value within the crypto-community. There needs to be a decentralized approach that would reduce risks. Everyone knows what happens to exchanges, to Bittrex, and to almost all exchanges. I don’t remember an exchange that didn’t have issues. There has to be a way to decouple the crypto-community from exchanges. As part of the Waves Platform, we will have an approach that combines the benefits of centralized exchanges with the benefits of blockchain technology. It will be trustless. It allows you to not have to send your money to anybody. You will have access to your funds while at the same time trading them. This approach, an instant exchange I think is important. We want to have centralized matching with decentralized order settlement that will be a kind of competition to existing exchanges. I don’t have anything against exchanges; they can integrate this technology too, when it’s ready. There has to be an alternative at this stage. Its become quite ridiculous; they can do whatever they want; be hacked. We’re working on it. If Poloniex decides finally to list us, I will be happy. I don’t have anything against them. I don’t hold any grudge against Poloniex. I’ll be happy… much more happy than you actually.”
Twiggy Smile

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 10:54:15 PM

Despite the less-than friendly relationship Russia has had with Bitcoin over past years, the Bank of Russia has recently revealed that there are no plans to ban Bitcoin or to limit its use. Olga Skorobogatov, Bank of Russia Deputy Chairman has recently stated:

“It became clear that it is not straightforward to address Bitcoin with existing financial regulation. Regulators and financial agencies agree to not prohibit the use of Bitcoin. Instead, we want to gain a better understanding of Bitcoin, and build a regulatory framework we have gathered the necessary knowledge.”

However, the regulatory status of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies still remains a mystery to many in the country. These are often left to wonder how they should deal with cryptocurrencies when it comes to taxes, issuance, and other regulatory issues.

To deal with this issue and to spread awareness in regards to cryptocurrency regulations, the Waves Platform, Digital October Center and Digital Finance Agencyorganized the “Cryptocurrency Regulation in Russia” conference. The event took place yesterday in Moscow and counted with the participation of public figures in and outside of the Blockchain sphere like Deloitte(Ksenia Osipova), State Duma(Elena Sidorenko), Microsoft Russia(Kostya Goldstein), Sberbank(Dmitry Bulychkov), QIWI(Constantine Koltsov), Emercoin(Stan Polozov), NPC(Alma Obayeva).

Ksenia Osipova, Senior Consultant at the Law Group CIS Deloitte, recalled the history of relations between Russian regulators and cryptocurrencies and considered the message that was contained in last year's letter to the Federal Tax Service in detail. According to her, this was the first attempt to influence regulators on the market.

According to her, Now the Russian cryptocurrency market may develop the three scenarios, from the most negative, which implies a ban on transactions with cryptocurrency to the most positive - legislative secured permission to make payments and transfers via cryptocurrencies. She stated (translation): "It is from 2017 forward that there will finally be real discussion and analysis, and we will continue to work with cryptocurrency in the country".

Elena Sidorenko, Doctor of Law, Professor of Criminal Law, Criminal Procedure and Criminalistics from Moscow State Institute of International Relations under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation also noted the need to fill the legal vacuum around virtual currencies. According to her, there is a recent trend towards changing attitudes of officials in regards to cryptocurrency. Earlier in government agencies mainly discussed issues related to the ban cryptocurrency, although this has now changed.

She commented the position of the Russian authorities on the matter: "All hiding and waiting, looking at the experience" of other countries. The main barriers to the creation of legislation, according to her, are the following questions: What is Bitcoin - means of payment (not subject to VAT) or digital good (subject to VAT).

Managing Director at Waves, Sasha Ivanov states that regulation is necessary for cryptocurrencies as a complete ban of this technology is unlikely to succeed due to their decentralized nature and especially since they carry the potential for a large-scale improvement of business processes. Sasha said: "Technology is often ahead of legislation".

According to Sasha Ivanov, the general consensus of the speakers was that Russian regulators are close to some form of legal framework for cryptocurrency in the country. Most probable scenario is a separate law concerning the legal status of crypto, analogous NY bitlicense. He also noted the importance of events like this one, stating:

“Events like the Cryptocurrency Regulation in Russia are important for the growth of Blockchain technology and extremely useful for the community as they help spread awareness on the regulations imposed on cryptocurrencies, allowing users and companies to operate within the legal boundaries of the country.”

The event featured, not only talks, but also an interactive round table where questions from attendees were be answered in a Q&A type format. The discussion was moderated by Artem Tolkachev, Director, Head of Legal for Tech Group in by Deloitte CIS. The topic featured at the round table was: "The intermediate results of the control and application prospects for cryptocurrency blockchain technology in 2017".

Blog Post - http://coremedia.info/index.php/blockchain-news/item/394-cryptocurrency-regulation-in-russia-took-place-yesterday-in-moscow

Twitter - https://twitter.com/coremedia_info/status/825090798505033728
kliown

Activity: 1080
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 02:23:24 AM

Despite the less-than friendly relationship Russia has had with Bitcoin over past years, the Bank of Russia has recently revealed that there are no plans to ban Bitcoin or to limit its use. Olga Skorobogatov, Bank of Russia Deputy Chairman has recently stated:

“It became clear that it is not straightforward to address Bitcoin with existing financial regulation. Regulators and financial agencies agree to not prohibit the use of Bitcoin. Instead, we want to gain a better understanding of Bitcoin, and build a regulatory framework we have gathered the necessary knowledge.”

However, the regulatory status of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies still remains a mystery to many in the country. These are often left to wonder how they should deal with cryptocurrencies when it comes to taxes, issuance, and other regulatory issues.

To deal with this issue and to spread awareness in regards to cryptocurrency regulations, the Waves Platform, Digital October Center and Digital Finance Agencyorganized the “Cryptocurrency Regulation in Russia” conference. The event took place yesterday in Moscow and counted with the participation of public figures in and outside of the Blockchain sphere like Deloitte(Ksenia Osipova), State Duma(Elena Sidorenko), Microsoft Russia(Kostya Goldstein), Sberbank(Dmitry Bulychkov), QIWI(Constantine Koltsov), Emercoin(Stan Polozov), NPC(Alma Obayeva).

Ksenia Osipova, Senior Consultant at the Law Group CIS Deloitte, recalled the history of relations between Russian regulators and cryptocurrencies and considered the message that was contained in last year's letter to the Federal Tax Service in detail. According to her, this was the first attempt to influence regulators on the market.

According to her, Now the Russian cryptocurrency market may develop the three scenarios, from the most negative, which implies a ban on transactions with cryptocurrency to the most positive - legislative secured permission to make payments and transfers via cryptocurrencies. She stated (translation): "It is from 2017 forward that there will finally be real discussion and analysis, and we will continue to work with cryptocurrency in the country".

Elena Sidorenko, Doctor of Law, Professor of Criminal Law, Criminal Procedure and Criminalistics from Moscow State Institute of International Relations under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation also noted the need to fill the legal vacuum around virtual currencies. According to her, there is a recent trend towards changing attitudes of officials in regards to cryptocurrency. Earlier in government agencies mainly discussed issues related to the ban cryptocurrency, although this has now changed.

She commented the position of the Russian authorities on the matter: "All hiding and waiting, looking at the experience" of other countries. The main barriers to the creation of legislation, according to her, are the following questions: What is Bitcoin - means of payment (not subject to VAT) or digital good (subject to VAT).

Managing Director at Waves, Sasha Ivanov states that regulation is necessary for cryptocurrencies as a complete ban of this technology is unlikely to succeed due to their decentralized nature and especially since they carry the potential for a large-scale improvement of business processes. Sasha said: "Technology is often ahead of legislation".

According to Sasha Ivanov, the general consensus of the speakers was that Russian regulators are close to some form of legal framework for cryptocurrency in the country. Most probable scenario is a separate law concerning the legal status of crypto, analogous NY bitlicense. He also noted the importance of events like this one, stating:

“Events like the Cryptocurrency Regulation in Russia are important for the growth of Blockchain technology and extremely useful for the community as they help spread awareness on the regulations imposed on cryptocurrencies, allowing users and companies to operate within the legal boundaries of the country.”

The event featured, not only talks, but also an interactive round table where questions from attendees were be answered in a Q&A type format. The discussion was moderated by Artem Tolkachev, Director, Head of Legal for Tech Group in by Deloitte CIS. The topic featured at the round table was: "The intermediate results of the control and application prospects for cryptocurrency blockchain technology in 2017".

Blog Post - http://coremedia.info/index.php/blockchain-news/item/394-cryptocurrency-regulation-in-russia-took-place-yesterday-in-moscow

Twitter - https://twitter.com/coremedia_info/status/825090798505033728
Congrats team waves, thanks twiggy for the update
ToadKing

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 05:04:45 AM

Is waves asset creation live?

If so...

-Will tokens be movable to exchanges if they care to list what you created?
 (Waves client to exchange wallet, back to waves client? Or do tokens only work in waves client?)
-Can the token you create be made to have a fixed amount that can never be increased?
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 05:17:13 AM

If so...

(Waves client to exchange wallet, back to waves client? Or do tokens only work in waves client?)
-Can the token you create be made to have a fixed amount that can never be increased?

Yes

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
ToadKing

Activity: 158

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 05:27:32 AM

If so...

Yes

Cool thanks, are there any examples of coins being traded on exchanges created with waves?
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 05:55:37 AM

Only incent, which is being traded on openledger.

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
w0utje

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 10:21:31 AM

Are the Byteballs for the ICO participants or are they for the WCT holders ?

And how much Byteballs did 1 Btc get in the first round ?

im confused because in the latest interview Sasha says its for the ICO participants, they just have to write a private message with the privatkey mentioned,

and somewhere else i see WCT holders in total happiness because of Byteball.

thanx

wBTC from Byteballs are for all the WCT holders. the key you mention was for participating in the byteball freefalls. therefore the waves team wrote a signature to the byteballs ico.
Zaducis

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 12:30:21 PM

Are the Byteballs for the ICO participants or are they for the WCT holders ?

And how much Byteballs did 1 Btc get in the first round ?

im confused because in the latest interview Sasha says its for the ICO participants, they just have to write a private message with the privatkey mentioned,

and somewhere else i see WCT holders in total happiness because of Byteball.

thanx

Much more interesting it would be to get Byteballs than Btc. I thought buy more WCT, I relied on it.

bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 08:11:48 PM

Looks like tidex is up and running

I for one will wait for them to integrate as a matcher for the DEX.
But it's exciting to see a centralized trading engine built with the waves platform as their focus.

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
St.Stephan

Activity: 281

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 08:36:43 PM

So yea, takeaways from that absurd wall of text just above:

Mycellium partnership is dead in the water.

Fiat gateway via Coinomat (only fiat gateway that appears remotely real at the moment) is at the stage of "yea, those guys are really interested, and they have some European partners who are really interested ..."

Vaporware.

And massive walls of text from kiss-ass interviews cannot quite hide this.

But as the saying goes, if ya can't beat 'm, baffel them with bullshit ...
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 08:43:00 PM

"But as the saying goes, if ya can't beat 'm, baffel them with bullshit ..."
ST.STEPHEN

you said it bro.

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
St.Stephan

Activity: 281

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 08:46:19 PM

"But as the saying goes, if ya can't beat 'm, baffel them with bullshit ..."
ST.STEPHEN

you said it bro.

Uh, duly noted that I have factually summarized your stupid post, and you are ignoring those same facts.

To repeat:

Mycellium partnership dead in the water.

No fiat gateways even remotely in the actual works.

So keep up with your bullshit carpenter. Defend your bags.
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 08:56:28 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2017, 10:01:58 PM by bitcoin carpenter

I don't have to defend anything...  

Sasha explained the answer to your questions in the transcript, you can take the answer as you want.

That you continually take the negativity side of every bit of information, and never once talk about the substance of what is, while always pointing to future promises and pointing out that all future promises are just vapor is the "baffling of bullshit" that I refer to.

Of course future promises are vapor, and they will remain so until they are substance.  That is the nature of a future promise.

Don't get mad because I decided that your short meaningless TROLLING deserves answers.  After months of repetitive naysaying you are finally having people listen and answer to you.

Rejoice!!! Your important.

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
REorEVOLUTION

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 11:24:09 PM

hi
where can I buy waves?
JanDzban

Activity: 423

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 11:54:27 PM

hi
where can I buy waves?

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-WAVES

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

omedian

Activity: 265

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 06:33:44 AM

You can also buy Waves on Openledger(Bitshares) https://bitshares.openledger.info/#/market/OPEN.WAVES_OPEN.BTC
And on Tidex http://www.tidex.com

BTCdoaA

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 06:59:29 AM

when this project will be live in polo ? any progress on that issue ?

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
metropolia

Activity: 331

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 07:01:55 AM

No, it token will never and ever listed there, stop dreaming, face and accept the reality, waves story is always same, history repeats itself.
omedian

Activity: 265

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 07:15:36 AM

Polo adopt coins when it is quickly rewarding enough for them (pumpndumpable like Pascal) or here, they're simply waiting for the Tokens ecosystem to have some valuable assets which won't be available outside of Dex/Waves platform. Exchanges won't have a choice but to add Wavesplatform and integrate Dex if they're willing to trade them.

Waves isn't only Waves, it will also be any CAT it holds.

Pages: « 1 ... 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 [1726] 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 ... 2139 »
  Print  

Jump to: